X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
    Like I said before I'm not the biggest UFC expert
    lol...

Alright, so tell me how he is different. Do you want to see his fight vs Overeem that got him into the next round of the grand prix to fight Rampage? I'm pretty certain you'd watch that fight and say hmm that looks like Liddell! How about his previous fights before Alistair, like Belfort and Babalu, he looks like good ole Chucky there too. His STYLE has remained the same. I just think your argument is totally illogical and based off nothing, so I'd like to see exactly why you think it. You are a mainstream UFC fan that has totally bought into Chuck's hype due to his recent matchups that are very GOOD style fights for him to take, and thus he has looked like hes on a tear. He is not the modern day mike tyson (although maybe you just mean this becuase of his recent string of victories by way of KO/TKO). As far as most dominant MMA fighter - its Fedor by far, he has fought THE BEST, and beat THE BEST. Until Chuck fights all of Pride's old fighters - Arona, Wanderlei, Lil Nog, and particularly Shogun.

Take this for note of why this line is off, and based on media hype of Chuck....

Tito was a +210 or so if I remember right, and he got his ass beat the first fight. Rampage is +240, a BIGGER underdog, and Chuck basically did nothing to him in their first (Rampage nullified everything he did and won very clearly). Now, what kind of sense does that make?
    Last edited by yukoncornelius; 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

You do make some good points and you obviously have more knowledge than I do regarding UFC and MMA, but like I said I went back and watched their first fight and I really wasn't that impressed by Rampage. You definitely didn't convince me that Chuck is going to lose. Chuck has avenged every loss and IMO he's going to do it again. If Rampage knocks him out I'll admit I was wrong but until that happens Chuck remains the baddest fighter on the planet!
      “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Soko has been very fortunate lately... Arona was an idiot with what he did....

Watch Soko's fight late last year in WEC, he sucked, to say he can beat any 205'er right now is absurd.
        why who do you think will beat this new sensation??? dont forget he is a judo guy that also trains with henderson,,who in my mind is one of the best wrestlers in mma....arona was an idiot,,, why because he tried to take him to the ground and just couldnt do it?? then he backs out with his head down?? lol...once maybe lucky but two huge names in a row he destroyed....last year is last year,,and rampage vs chuck first fight is just that,,its in the past.four more days and we will see........

Comment

DUDE, WTF is with your logic. Sorry but fighters don't progress THAT fast. THey don't go from getting their ass beat in ****in WEC to being a so called unstoppable force at 205 in LESS than a year! Stop reading into the hype so much.

In a UFC comparison, do you truly believe that Matt Serra is a better fighter than GSP? GSP wins that fight 9 times out of 10.
          Last edited by yukoncornelius; 04-30-2007, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
            You do make some good points and you obviously have more knowledge than I do regarding UFC and MMA, but like I said I went back and watched their first fight and I really wasn't that impressed by Rampage. You definitely didn't convince me that Chuck is going to lose. Chuck has avenged every loss and IMO he's going to do it again. If Rampage knocks him out I'll admit I was wrong but until that happens Chuck remains the baddest fighter on the planet!
            I'm not taking anything away from Chuck, but he certainly is NOT the baddest fighter on the planet. Like I previously said, why would you say that about a fighter that essentially hasn't fought the BEST in his weight class for a WHILE. Its ignorance... I guess your main exposure to mma is via UFC like many people so this is why you think that way. The sad thing is, that Chuck has wanted to fight all of Pride's 205'ers for a while, I hope it can happen now!

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
              DUDE, WTF is with your logic. Sorry but fighters don't progress THAT fast. THey don't go from getting their ass beat in ****in WEC to being a so called unstoppable force at 205 in LESS than a year! Stop reading into the hype so much.

:beerbang: In a UFC comparison, do you truly believe that Matt Serra is a better fighter than GSP? GSP wins that fight 9 times out of 10.
              logic??? lmfao,, you mean you use logic with these fights??? doesnt matter who is better gsp or serra,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you bet gsp you lost its that simple...what dont you understand about the fact,,, the best fighter doesnt always win???? when we bet we dont bet the best out of 10 do we??? do you really think gonzaga is better that mirko?? of course not, but if you bet mirko you lost.........all this **** about logic and value dont mean **** when the punches start flying...........im not reading into any hype,,i watched thierry s last two fights,,its apparent to me he is much improved ,,maybe its how and who he is training with now.......you know what would really help me??? to find out the purses and win bonus of the fighter before the fight starts,,,think you could base some value or logic with those figures.........

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                logic??? lmfao,, you mean you use logic with these fights??? doesnt matter who is better gsp or serra,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you bet gsp you lost its that simple...what dont you understand about the fact,,, the best fighter doesnt always win???? when we bet we dont bet the best out of 10 do we??? do you really think gonzaga is better that mirko?? of course not, but if you bet mirko you lost.........all this **** about logic and value dont mean **** when the punches start flying...........im not reading into any hype,,i watched thierry s last two fights,,its apparent to me he is much improved ,,maybe its how and who he is training with now.......you know what would really help me??? to find out the purses and win bonus of the fighter before the fight starts,,,think you could base some value or logic with those figures.........

I used that LOGIC to show you that just because Soko won doesn't mean hes an unstoppable force at 205 like you said, hahahah jsut writing that makes me laugh. No I didn't bet GSP, no I didn't bet mirko, are both the better fighters, hell yes. Are arona and lil nog better fighters than soko, yes. Basically you just said exactly what I was trying to show you.... "the better fighter doesn't always win" AKA SOKO AINT ****IN UNSTOPPABLE AT 205. Like I said, fighters don't progress that fast, end of story.

He has always been training with team quest.... If you wanna keep riding the Soko bandwagon, feel free, I'm not stopping you.

Purse has nothing to do with value or logic lol.

edit: And you better believe I use LOGIC when trying to pick a winner. Do you know what the definition of logic is?

log·ic
                –noun : 3. the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.

Aka, I analyze the MATCHUP between fighters and reason it out to pick a winner. WTF do you do, flip a ****in coin? I'm not trying to be an ******* here, but man some of the things you're saying are crazy.
                Last edited by yukoncornelius; 05-01-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

back on topic of UFC 71, something to note is Randy Couture picked Rampage to win via 3rd round tko. Randy is on a tear with his predictions lately - including picking gonzaga to beat crocop. He must see that Chuck's general style hasn't changed and his technique has not improved by alot, and thus rampage's style poses a major problem.

Comment

well for not trying to be an ass#$@@ your doing a pretty good ****in job......look i started this thread right? go to the top of the page and look at who i picked the day i posted this thread..........i liked rampage from the start,so thats a sure sign he will get his ****in head knocked off...and when this happens what will you do mister know it all???.....i could care less who randy picks,,,,,,,,, he is payed to say what he says........ you dont think win bonus means anything??? i do.... opinions are like *******s we all have one...........just because you dont agree with me,,what the **** gives you the right to belittle me...... go start your own thread and blow your horn there..........i hope rampage does win,,but if he gets knocked out it wont surprise me one bit........... much better fighters than ramapge have been beaten the last few months thats for sure......... you talk like chuck cant do anything on the ground,, he was a div 1 wrestler........he knocks everyone out so really no need to go to the ground in the first place.... next you will be telling me rampage is better than randy the roman greco master:):beerbang:

Comment

and further more,, yes sometimes i do flip a coin mister know it all,,what is it to you anyways? actually i flip best of three if you must know......:beerbang: strike my karo pic,gonna go with burkman great value at +255...................

Comment

how do you spell logic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-500 / +400 on Cris... Good value with CroCop if you ask me, he should be -700. Gonzaga is good at bjj, but thats it, go watch his fight with Kevin Jordan lol.

Mirko should be able to knock his head off.

Comment

current betus odds

UFC 71 Liddell vs Jackson Game Spread Money Line Total Points Team Total Points
                          Sat 5/26 101 Chuck Liddell -260
                          10:00PM (EST) 102 Quinton Jackson +200
                          * Game Note: UFC Light-Heavyweight Championship
                          Sat 5/26 104 Josh Burkman +220
                          10:00PM (EST) 105 Karo Parisyan -300

Comment

lolllllll

Do you really flip a coin man?

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I try to present logical arguments of why I'm picking someone, thats all. I was only pointing out what you said about the best fighter not always winnign is in direct conflict of your claim that soko is wrecking the 205 division.

I already told you why I think Rampage will win on the ground, hes stronger, and won't get submitted. Good luck with Burkman, Karo is a beast, I'm gonna lay off that, although I'll probably put it in a parlay though.

As for quoting my pick, crocop was good value, had he been prepared and taken Gonzaga more seriously, he woudl've won. My argument WAS logical. Gonzaga had previously not shown good standup, and crocop has some of the best TD defense in all of mma. I seriously don't think you know what logic means or don't use it. You don't think it was LOGICAL to pick the ****in #2 HW in the world who was impressive as HELL at OWGP? You also suffer at using grammar. To be honest, I don't think he cares about the UFC much, his loss was probably a reality check. Did you see how much he got paid? $325,000. MMA is more predictable than any other sport which is why I love betting on it. THere are FAR more upsets in other sports... FAR MORE.

Best of luck to you and your picks (or flips rather). :sm: Once all the lines are released, I'll be giving an analysis on every fight, have slacked on doing that here.

Quinton still +240 on betcris
                            Last edited by yukoncornelius; 05-02-2007, 12:43 AM.

Comment

ok what is it with you man??? now your grading my ****en gramar,grammar,gramarr???????????? wtf??? ok tell me how the spelling is on this ok??? **** you!!! how did i do?? (jk) mma was predictable a year ago,,not any more.........so your wrong on that one!!! a year ago i could pick 8 winners out of any 10 fights you could name..........now forget it!! its mainstream,, and how the **** could anyone predict cro cop getting decapiated by gonzaga??? or the terror beating gsp? so how can you predict something when the better fighters are getting beat??? how mister know it all,,please tell me??? what are you basing your opinion on concerning karo??? i hope not his fight with sanchez...... what exactly are you trying to tell me about rampage,,he is not the better fighter therefore he will win??? rampage will have to duplicate his first performance against chuck,, this fight is not going 3 rounds you can tell randy i said so,,someone is going to sleep....rampage i dont think will go down from any single punch,,unless of course its a perfect shot and he doesnt see it coming..........i like rampage,unlike you the guy has some class,,i hope he wins ,but im not putting the 500 i have in my pocket on him..........i will have him parlayed with a few other fights both mma and boxing,,and that goes for chuck also..oh before i forget im very impressed with sokos last two performances and he has beaten two of the top 5 205 pounders,,what else would you like him to do???like i said opinions are like a#@ holes we all have one.....none of us here ,are picking all the winners,,because here would not be needed if we were...hey no problem if you want to educate guys that dont know mma,, im not one of them...i have watched every single ppv the past three years,, have you?? remember i had a million dollars but i spent it all:beerbang:

Comment

Yes I've watched every ppv, including staying up to watch Pride live... There were just as many MMA upsets in year past, just not mainstream.

*drunk/nice guy revelation....

Best of luck to you my friend, I apologize for my actions. I truly hope you win, along with myself... I don't want to argue any further, BOL Eddie, seriously! As I said, I"ll be adding my full analysis when the full odds are released. Hopefully I benefit some of the members on predictem, as I benefit from them in other sports. I only hope to give back in the sport which I started betting with, and which I feel BY FAR most confident and comfortable with.

Sorry again
                                Last edited by yukoncornelius; 05-03-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X