No announcement yet.

ufc 71 and beyond lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yukon gez i just spent ten minutes writting and the damn post didnt go through.... so you do have some class afterall... no apology needed,but accepted anyways.......guess i said some stuff i should not have also,,you know you can get under a persons skin....im sorry if i offended you in any way....... i guess we are the odd couple,seriously im into co ed wrestling,,, i dont like to fight or argue either....... we see things differently and trying to comunicate by typing is not the best mode,,**** never comes out right........you see rampage as a clearcut winner,,and thats cool but i dont see it like that...i know rampage has a heck of a chin,,, really rua pounded the crap out of quinton,, and he still never gave up or quit......rampage has been in more pure wars with for the most part better fighters,,,but that doesnt mean he will win,,sometimes to many hard fought wars is not good,,and yes chuck has been fighting cupcakes for the most part,,but look at how much less punishment he has taken the past two years or so....as much as i dislike chuck,,he is no punk,,and if jackson is to win,,he best bring his best fight,,,, this is the fight of his life,,sometimes quinton is just an animal and other times he comes in and does nothing.......i hope your right and i hope we both win some cash,,, since football season im about -15 grand, i need some winners badly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know their first fight was years ago, but Rampage had to punch Liddell sqaure in the face about 40 or more times before he was even able to take Liddell down. The fight has to go the exact same way it did the first time. At that time Rampage was on top of his game and Liddell was still in Tito's shadow. Now Liddell is on top of his game and Rampage has slumped. Liddell has very good take down defense, even though he uses the cage a lot.

Rampage would be a "fun" bet but I would personally be sweating the whole time just waiting to see my guy get KO'd. If my money was on Liddell I could watch the fight in comfort.

I really don't see Rampage as a live dog. Just a flat out underdog. Not saying he is going to win or lose. Just saying he's far from live.

Comment

whomever said chuck could beat fedor needs to have their head-checked.

fedor is a machine.

Comment

fedor is a machine,,i did see him get rocked by fugita i mean bad,,,but he did recover and win that fight........not many light heavies will hang with the top heavyweights period.......... v3 i feel the same way as you do on the rampage fight.......... i liked rampage from the start but now im worried......i do feel chuck has improved from the last time they met,,rampage has been in a few wars while chuck has been crusing right along.......i thought sobral would have done better,,but chuck went through him like he wasnt even there.......... for sure i would never bet a large amount on either guy,, my heart is with rampage but my head says chuck........its a tough call,,with any luck the fight will live up to all the hype..........and the best man will win:beerbang:

Comment

Liddell wasn't really in Tito's "shadow" during the rampage fight. Tito had just been ducking Chuck forever. Chuck had all the skills to beat the hell out of Tito at that point and he did 6 months later. Quinton wasn't on top of his game either, he just had ALOT of confidence. He has better training partners now, and really sounds motivated since hes got a big payday if he beats Chuck. It seems Rampage lost his motivation after Wanderlei ended him twice and he couldn't get the money he wanted. Now he has the biggest opportunity of his fighting career. Old Rampage will be back and you'll see an angryyy staredown like of old.

If I bet on Chuck, I wouldn't watch the fight in total comfort at all... You'd be eating alot of juice due to publicity hype surround liddell. Like I said, this line is off (see how I give the tito line example)... Its all about matchup and Rampage is the worst Chuck has had in a while. I don't think Chuck's technical abilities have improved so much as have his ability to find out exactly what fight style works VERY effectively for him. This has been possible due to matchups where Chuck clearly has the advantage stylistically. This fight is a BIG BIG test for him. I'm going off my gut in this situation, I LOVE rampage in this fight considering hes +240.

If I were making odds, I'd open him at +150. But then again, its fan/mainstream hype that has moved it so much.
            Last edited by yukoncornelius; 05-03-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
              Liddell wasn't really in Tito's "shadow" during the rampage fight. Tito had just been ducking Chuck forever.
              The public was on Tito for years. Mainstream never even looked Liddell's way, that's what I mean by in his shadow. He never got any credibility. I really don;t think anyone can duck anyone in UFC since it is all under one roof. Fighters fight who they are told to fight (as opposed to bixng, you have a say), they really don't have a say. Why would Dana want to ruin his poster boy?

In my opinion, Rampage lost his edge as soon as he became a born again Christian. That's when his loses started to pile up.

Comment

No, it is quite well known that Tito was ducking him, a fighter can deny a contract by being "busy" with movies, "injuries", etc...

Anyways, the stuff about rampage losing his edge after becoming "God's Street Soldier" is a wash, I hate hearing it myself. He lost to at the time, the best 2 205'ers in the world. Losses to Wand x2, and Shogun is nothing to complain about. Rua also broke his rib in that fight, and Rampage looked horrible after that happened. I do agree though, he sorta lost some of his "edgyness" but like I said earlier, I really think hes back. He has wanted the big shot and money for a while, and now he has it, I don't see how he doesn't show up in this fight.

Comment

did any of you guys see that interview with chuck on youtube,,, where he seemed either drunk ,high on something or both??? he couldnt even talk........gotta wonder..........i will try and find it ,,to post...........

Comment

drunk??? or what??????

YouTube - Chuck Liddell is wasted - UFCmania.com

Comment

Apparently he was on heavy cold medicine... Dana was pissed whoever of Chuck's management even let him do that interview though.

On that note, war with my boy RAMPAGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

man i wish i had some of that stuff:beerbang: wont be long now.....i may or may not be betting tonight,,just have too much going on right now,, and besides i have nothing in both accounts.....what really pisses me off they only have two damn lines for tonights ufc card.............they have lines for ufc 72, **** they even have a matt hughes line.........where is the din thomas line???? will they even post it??? bastards...........if i dont get back in time good luck to you guys,,hope you make some cash.........:glass:

Comment

What are you talking about man.... there isn't a UFC tonight... The next UFC is MAY 26th.

Comment

holy **** on second thought maybe i should lay off the booze and smoke......................i lost my mind:bang:

Comment

Chuck Liddell at -240 is too good to be true. I can't wait to build up my bankroll and put as much money as possible on that line. I realize getting excited about a bloated and inflated -240 line is ridiculous, but Chuck is just too good to be true in these fights.
                              “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
                                Chuck Liddell at -240 is too good to be true. I can't wait to build up my bankroll and put as much money as possible on that line. I realize getting excited about a bloated and inflated -240 line is ridiculous, but Chuck is just too good to be true in these fights.
                                Good luck man... I continue to ask how you think he has improved THAT MUCH since his fight with quinton. He was the same Chuck as before, wrecking people in the cage time after time. His beating of Tito was 6months after the rampage fight. Alot of people are in for a huge reality check I think.

For you to make the statement of putting as much money as possible on the fight ... on Chuck at -240, a guy who got his damn ass beat last time, is CRAZY. I mean damn, he was a lesser favorite against Tito, and he ended Tito their first fight. WHy didn't you bet the farm on him then? That fight was CLEARLY in favor of Chuck. Rampage is such a more complete fighter than Tito that its a damn joke.

Good luck though!

Comment

Working...
                                X