No announcement yet.

French Open - Discussion and Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:bang: of course what do i do.. get gready and go for the better paying parlay and play hewitt instead of all girls like i said i should do..hewitt down 2-0 hasnt broken gaudio yet..he has no chance..time for bed

Comment

hewitt :cheer: :spin:

Comment

How Tenacious is Hewwy!!

The first few matches have been played - some good early results as well

Srebotnik won 6-4, 6-2 WIN!
        Baghdatis won 7-5. 6-3, 6-4 WIN!
        Hajek won 1-6, 6-2, 7(8)-6, 3-6, 6-2 WIN!
        Hernandez won 7(10)-6, 6-1, 6-1 WIN!
        Karlovic lost 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-7, 3-6
        Sugiyama won 6-3, 1-6, 6-1 WIN!
        Muller lost 3-6, 2-6

French Open Womens Record: 9-3
        French Open Womens Profit: +4.99 Units

French Open Mens Record: 6-5
        French Open Mens Profit: -7.24
        Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 06-01-2007, 01:04 AM.
        Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

Comment

was crazy..stayed up and watched the whole match..once hewitt finally broke once in the third the guy he was playing seemed like he fell apart..could tell he was already falling apart and he was up 2 sets..little did i know w the rain my parlay would almost have me something to follow till baseball..so far 3 for 3 with Chakvetadze who cant serve to close out the match and hantuchova remaining on my 5 player parlay..went with hewitt,ljubicic,and sharapova already..payin a little over even money...congrats on your wins..as i type chakvetadeze breaks to win it
          Last edited by PaulM; 05-31-2007, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Few quick picks here - no time for write ups again sorry...

2007 French Open - Mens - Round 3 Matches

7 * David Nalbandian v Gael Monfils - David Nalbandian to win @ $1.57

5 * Nikolay Davydenko v Michael Llodra - Nikolay Davydenko to win 3 - 0 @ $1.50

2007 French Open - Womens - Round 3 Matches

2 * Nicole Vaidisova v Samantha Stosur - Samantha Stosur to win @ $3.50

I'll be back on later and I'll try to post some more picks.

Comment

5 * Marion Bartoli v Elena Dementieva - Elena Dementieva to win @ $1.40

If this match was anywhere but France I would be tempted to make it a 10 unit play. However it is so I'll cut it down to a 5 unit play. Basically with ths match up Bartoli had to grind out a win last round in 3 sets to be honest she should have won that match in straights. Dementieva won in straight sets last round against another french women - although it was a tough match for her. Also Dementieva has a 2-0 head to head record against Marion. Although none of those matches have been played on clay, it gives Elena quite a bit of confidence - I'm hoping she can get the job done today.
              Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 06-01-2007, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Stosur wasnt the best play in the world, something I shouldn't have done and Bartoli was impressive in her match - but Overall not a bad day here are the results.

Nalbandian won 7-6(5), 5-7, 6-4, 7-6(5) WIN!
                Davydenko won 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 WIN!
                Dementieva lost 2-6, 4-6
                Stosur lost 4-6, 4-6

French Open Mens Record: 8-5
                Mens Profit: -0.75 Units

French Open Womens Record: 9-5
                Womens Profit: -2.01 Units

Overall: 17-10
                Profit: -2.76 Units

Picks to come up soon..

Comment

2007 French Open - Mens - Round 3 Matches

5 * Marcos Baghdatis v Jan Hajek - Marcos Baghdatis to win 3-0 @ $1.90

Marcos has been in top form during the French open this year - and has been in the best form I have seen him in for the whole season. He enters this match yet to drop a set. Jan has had a tough run through this Open - he had a tough match against a qualifer that went to five sets and before that he had another tough match against Thomas Johansson - a four set match. Compared to Baghdatis if Hajek struggled against these players - I cannot see him getting a set from Marcos. Hajek holds a 1-0 head to head record here, but that was back in 2005 and since then Marcos has become one of the better players on the curcuit - in particular during the 2006 season. Marcos will get the win here quite easily. (I hope) 7/10

5 * Carlos Moya v Juan Pablo Brzezicki - Carlos Moya to win 3-0 @ $1.90

Carlos Moya verses Juan here who is a player you usually find in qualifers. Moya in the lead up to this tournament has been on fire he played well in Hamburg where has was able to get to the Semis before getting matched up against Fed-Ex. Juan enters this event after being in qualifying and has made it this far - after a heap of matches - I personally dont think the guy has the amount of stamnia nor experince to beat a player like Moya espically on the clay. Moya looks set to take this one out 3-0 - I'll be a bit concerned for Moya if he dosnt. 8/10

3 * Igor Andreev v Paul-Henri Mathieu - Paul-Henri Mathieu to win @ $2.10

This is the toughest match to pick today - Igor has been in good form during this tournament he got pass A-Rod and beat Massu. Which is a really good effort, however I believe PHM in front of his home crowd will play well enough to earn a win here. Usually in the French open we have one frenchmen that surprises us with a strong win, I think that perhaps it could be PHM. PHM comes into this tournament beating fellow frenchmen Simon in 4 and beating 31st seed Mayer in straights. I think he could manage to suprise a few people here and get a win here.

10 * Lleyton Hewitt v Jarkko Nieminen - Lleyton Hewitt to win @ $1.36

Hewitt enters this match after playing a five set match against Guston, where on the other hand Jarkko is yet to drop a set, but I would say Lleyton has had tougher quality opponents than Lopez and Montcourt. Furthermore Hewitt enters this match with a 3-0 head to head record against Jarkko, although none of those matches have been on the clay it does give a player confidence going into a match like this. Before this tournament I would've rated Hewitt as a genuine chance of getting into the quarter finals - I still think he can do that - Also everyone that questions how well Hewitt would be after a 5 set match - I would rate Hewitt as one of the top 5 set players in the world as we saw a few years back at the Australian Open and numerous other grand slams. 8/10

Comment

5 * Shahar Peer v Katarina Srebotnik - Shahar Peer to win 2-0 @ $1.66

Personally I believe Peer is the better player in this matchup and I do believe she would win - however I'm going to chase the bigger money in this matchup with the hope that her Power and sheer court speed will be too much for Katarina to handle. These two have played each other twice however the last matchup was back in 2005 when Peer would've been 17-18 years old. The head to head record is 1-1 but no matches have been played on clay.

5 * Amelie Mauresmo v Lucie Safarova - Amelie Mauresmo to win @ $1.57

Rematch of this years Australian Open 4th round here, if anyone cant remember the result it was a Safarova win in straight sets. Back then Safarova was a little unknown player ranked 70th in the world now she is ranked 29th and seeded 25th in the world. Before this tournament I would've said Mauresmo will get deep into this tournament and perhaps shake the monkey off her back. So far I'm yet to see that she can actually do that - however a win today would be a big lift to her confidence. I think she can do it and get sweet revenge against Safarova today - in front of the home crowd. 7/10

Comment

Results:

Mauresmo lost 3-6, 6-7
                      Peer won 6-1, 4-6, 6-3 (Lost went to 3 sets)
                      Mathieu lost 6-7. 0-6, 3-6
                      Baghdatis won 6-2, 6-2 VOID! (Hajek Retired)
                      Moya won 6-1, 6-3, 7-5 WIN!
                      Hewitt won 1-6, 6-3, 7-5, 6-2 WIN!

Overall: 19-13
                      Profit: -7.66 Units

Picks coming up..

Comment

2007 French Open - Mens - Round 4 Matches

7 * Guillermo Canas v Juan Monaco - Guillermo Canas to win @ $1.44

Canas has looked comfortable during this open, he has had a comfortable series of wins although Vliegen pushed him to 4 I dont believe Canas was under any real threat in that match. Monaco as well comes into this match after winning his last 2 matches in straight sets after a 1st round 5 set match against a qualifer. These two have played in the past twice both matches were on Clay and in both encounters Canas was able to get the victory. I believe Canas has a good chance to do the same again. 7/10

3 * Nikolay Davydenko v David Nalbandian - David Nalbandian to win @ $2.37

This is the match of the day I believe, these two have faced each other several times, with the head to head record been 5-2 in favor of Nalbandian. Last time these two faced off in the French Open was only last year in the quarter finals where Nalbandian won in 4. Nalbandian has a 4-0 record against Davydenko since 2005. Coming into this matchup Davydenko has yet to be tested by anyone of top quality. Nalbandian on the other hand is coming off a win against Monfils in a rather exciting match. I believe Nalbandian is the better player between these two and has proved in the past that he can get the job done against Davydenko - I think the pressure could get to Davydenko here. Also at $2.37 odds I believe Nalbandian is quite good value for money.

Comment

2007 French Open - Womens - Round 4 Matches

2 * Svetlana Kuznetsova v Shahar Peer - Shahar Peer to win @ $3.00

If you've been keeping an eye on my posts - you'll notice how I like Peer quite a bit - I can understand why the odds are the way they are coming into this - But I'm hoping here that Peer can pull off quite a nice win. Believe it or not Peer holds a 2-0 Head to Head record against Kuznetsova. Ironically enough both wins came in the 4th round of tournaments, The Australian Open and the Nasdaq 100 both this year. Although both hard courts I think Peer is excellent value for $3 here and could get the job done. 6/10

5 * Anna Chakvetadze v Lucie Safarova - Lucie Safarova to win @ $1.57

Safarova killed the man - I mean Mauresmo yesterday in stunning fashion. Today she faces Anna Chakvetadze a women she has beat once before - in Germany only last month. Safarova is yet to drop a set during this tournament and seems to be getting the job done as well - she is playing good tennis. Anna has also had a few hard players in her way, Sugiyama Molik and Szavay who put her into 3 sets in the 2nd round. I think Safarova could do well here and get through to the next round where she is likely to verse Sharapova.

Comment

Wow, 8 of the top 9 seeds on the women's side into the Quarterfinals. I guess really the Top 8 women advanced because,well, Mauresmo is not really considered a woman by most, haha...

All in the all, the French has been a lot more "chalky" than usual it seems.

Comment

MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Mens - Fourth Round > Jonas Bjorkman vs Carlos Moya - Match Betting
                              Selection:Carlos Moya Price:Straight @1.09
                              MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Mens - Fourth Round > Lleyton Hewitt vs Rafael Nadal - Match Betting Selection:Rafael Nadal Price:Straight @1.10
                              MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Mens - Fourth Round > Marcos Baghdatis vs Igor Andreev - Match Betting Selection:Igor Andreev Price:Straight @1.47
                              MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Womens - Quarter Final > Justine Henin vs Serena Williams - Match Betting Selection:Serena Williams Price:Straight @2.30
                              MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Womens - Quarter Final > Jelena Jankovic vs Nicole Vaidisova - Match Betting Selection:Jelena Jankovic Price:Straight @1.40
                              MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Womens - Quarter Final > Ana Ivanovic vs Svetlana Kuznetsova - Match Betting Selection:Ana Ivanovic Price:Straight @2.30
                              MULTI-BET:Tennis > French Open Womens - Quarter Final > Anna Chakvetadze vs Maria Sharapova - Match Betting Selection:Maria Sharapova Price:Straight @1.55

1 Unit @ $27.92

Gonna try my luck with the French :beerbang:
                              Last edited by ENTREPRENEUR PIMP; 06-04-2007, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Same unit amounts that I play in baseball in effect here:

Nadal not to win 3-0 @ + 113 x 2 units
                                Nadal win 3-1 @ + 275 x 1 unit
                                Nadal win 3-2 @ +935 x 1 unit

Hewitt wins +970 x . 25 unit

As long as Hewitt doesn't go down in straights I'll do pretty well

Sharapova -186 to win 2 units
                                Vaidisova + 227 x 1 unit
                                Ivanovic + 153

GL guys

Comment

Working...
                                X