Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the interests of fairness, HEY DUKE....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horatio View Post
    Guys, don't get carried away.If Ga Tech were in the CAA they would be 29-2, and so would Clemson...as for Duke this year, they have no quickness and no center. Celebrate if you wish but remind yourself you are looking at a league that posted these results lately in the Final Four..don't see anything close to it in any league...so even the 8th ranked team in the ACC would look at an NCAA first round opponent as a breather.

1991 Duke 72-65 Kansas UNLV North Carolina Mike Krzyewski
    1992 Duke 71-51 Michigan Cincinnati Indiana Mike Krzyewski
    1993 North Carolina 77-71 Michigan Kansas Kentucky Dean Smith
    1994 Arkansas 76-72 Duke Arizona Florida Nolan Richardson
    1995 UCLA 89-78 Arkansas North Carolina Oklahoma State Jim Harrick
    1996 Kentucky 76-67 Syracuse Vacated Mississippi State Rick Pitino
    1997 Arizona 84-79 (OT) Kentucky Minnesota North Carolina Lute Olson
    1998 Kentucky 78-69 Utah Stanford North Carolina Tubby Smith
    1999 Connecticut 77-74 Duke Michigan State Ohio State Jim Calhoun
    2000 Michigan State 89-76 Florida Wisconsin North Carolina Tom Izzo
    2001 Duke 82-72 Arizona Michigan State Maryland Mike Krzyzewski
    2002 Maryland 64-52 Indiana Oklahoma Kansas Gary Williams
    2003 Syracuse 81-78 Kansas Marquette Texas Jim Boeheim
    2004 Connecticut 82-73 Georgia Tech Duke Okla. State Jim Calhoun
    2005 North Carolina 75-70 Illinois Louisville Michigan State Roy Williams

you forgot last year

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
      Only a Duke thread gets this much attention, lol I love my team!!! Win or lose, everyone has something to say about Duke...Gotta love it

lolol, I love how people refer to teams as "their teams"...cracks me up, very true point otherwise

Comment

please to see me at the final four

thanks

:blackeye:

don't get so uptight ... no conference at this point come close to the ACC ... the ACC is what got College Basketball started. This is why I avoid betting on the ACC, you never know who is going to win. All the teams are capable of beating any other team at any point at any venue, see Miami/Maryland today. Football on the other hand is a different story .. but we trying to change that!

:nono:

Come on, don't be sore about this.
        2009 NCAA Football
        Record: 41-38-1
        +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
        Record: 11-14-0
        +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
        Record: 15-15-2
        +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Originally posted by ncsucharlie View Post
          not trying to sound like a douche, but please to read Horatio's post again. Thanks :sm:

and please to see me at the final four
          Hey douche... we're talking about this year, not 1923. I don't give a **** about the past. We're talking about THIS YEAR. This is the worst the ACC has been in 20 years... and to steal your verbage, "this isn't even arguable."

How do the final four records of the last 15 years account for the fact that Duke and Maryland just lost to two god awful basketball teams?

Comment

Originally posted by lakeshow View Post
            lolol, I love how people refer to teams as "their teams"...cracks me up, very true point otherwise
            God, here we go again..Why the hell does it bother people when others refer to their favorite teams as "their team". Someone tell me what the hell is wrong with that? You watch every game, you buy their merchandise, buy tickets to see them, yes if I want to say something like this about Duke "We lost tonight", I will say it. Get over it people, get the hell over it.
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

lol, cracks me up

Comment

This is the worst the ACC has been in 20 years
                ready to see those stats, because that is the most incorrect statement I've seen on a message board.

Maybe you are talking about last year???? Maybe? Do you know?
                2009 NCAA Football
                Record: 41-38-1
                +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
                Record: 11-14-0
                +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
                Record: 15-15-2
                +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

thanks

don't get so uptight ... no conference at this point come close to the ACC ... the ACC is what got College Basketball started. This is why I avoid betting on the ACC, you never know who is going to win. All the teams are capable of beating any other team at any point at any venue, see Miami/Maryland today. Football on the other hand is a different story .. but we trying to change that!

The reason any team can beat any team on any night is because they are all avg . Big East is far better and deeper. GM I do it all the time with the Eagles and I feel it is ok:beerbang:
                  NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Duke having a down year makes the ACC the worst in 20 years? No way, there are still a lot of good basketball teams in this conference. Now I will say this, I dont think any of them can win a title, including UNC. But top to bottom, its the best there is, by a longshot.

Comment

thanks

:nono:

Not sore... but your arguments don't make any sense. YOU are the one not being objective. Your loyalty is ruling your common sense. Having a conference where "all teams are capable of beating any other team" is not a rational argument. Look at the CAA this year. They beat each other up... very out of control.... no one is saying the CAA is the best conference in basketball. Let's be serious here... I can find any number of local high school divisions in my area that are very parity-driven and beat each other up.. doesn;t mean they compare to the big boys in NCAA hoops. Your argument just doesnt hold water. I agree 100% that the ACC is largely responsible for the popularity of the sport. I agree 100% that HISTORICALLY they are the best basketball conference. But this year (and last year, really) they just do not compare to the Big East.

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                        The reason any team can beat any team on any night is because they are all avg . Big East is far better and deeper. GM I do it all the time with the Eagles and I feel it is ok:beerbang:
                        Thanks birds, atleast someone here agrees with me. I put a lot of time, effort and money into my sports teams, dont get why people have something to say if I say those kind of things like "we won or we have to get better"...

LOL What a thread this is turning into, all because of a Duke game:beer2:

Comment

Duke having a down year makes the ACC the worst in 20 years? No way, there are still a lot of good basketball teams in this conference. Now I will say this, I dont think any of them can win a title, including UNC. But top to bottom, its the best there is, by a longshot.
                          WHAT? VaTech and UVa are a friggin joke... have you actually watched them play? Not that great.... Maryland was fuking god awful except for a 7 game stretch. Duke is definitely having a down year. Where is this longshot, again?

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                            The reason any team can beat any team on any night is because they are all avg . Big East is far better and deeper.
                            Exactly. My nephews peewee league beats each other up all the time.... big fuking deal

Comment

If we're talking about the past then yes the ACC has been better. At the top you have UNC and DUKE. With their recruiting, one of them seems to be in the final four about every other year. The Big East has recently been carried by UCONN and CUSE, which have won championships, but still cant compete with duke and unc's record in the past. This year however, I believe that the Big East has more depth. Nobody would be surprised if the Big East made up a 1/4th, if not more of the sweet sixteen yet again.
                              Arguments can be made for both conferences, and nobody will get anybody else to change their mind, but its still fun to argue anyways.
                              NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

LOL What a thread this is turning into, all because of a Duke game:beer2:
                                I just wanted to make sure feartheraven knew i wasn't out just to get maryland fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X