Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the interests of fairness, HEY DUKE....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
    Thanks birds, atleast someone here agrees with me. I put a lot of time, effort and money into my sports teams, dont get why people have something to say if I say those kind of things like "we won or we have to get better"...

LOL What a thread this is turning into, all because of a Duke game
    I agree with you on the time and money. I spend over 2500 on season tickets to the Eagles every year and I feel I am a part of the team. Also spent 5000 for me and my dad to go to the Super Bowl when the Eagles where in it for that kind of cash I have the right to feel as if i am a part of the team:beerbang:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Well were out of the damn thing too...Hard fought game tonight, NC St just didnt miss a shot the last 25 minutes of the game...I didnt think Henderson was that important to this team, its going to be nice to have him back next week. This is very disappointing, guess after going 23-1 in this tournament you think you can beat NC St, not in this league. This league is great and deserves 8 teams.

Only you could turn a Duke loss into a a soliloquy about how great the ACC is and that's why Duke lost.

That's why everyone hates Duke. It's never that Duke is just not a good team when they lose, it just HAS to be something else, right?

Did you see me claiming the Big East greatness when Syracuse lost? No. How about Phillyfan or birds when Villanova lost? Nope. Will you see wsox08 espousing the greatness of the Big 10 when Illinois gets whipped tomorrow? No. Did FearTheRaven claim ACC dominance when Marlyand went down? No, he didn't.

NEWS ******* FLASH Pukie Dukie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NC STATE PLAYS 5.5 GUYS AND THEY BLOW, and you lost to them.

:happy:

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
        Exactly. My nephews peewee league beats each other up all the time.... big fuking deal
        LMAO love that one:laughing:
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
          I agree with you on the time and money. I spend over 2500 on season tickets to the Eagles every year and I feel I am a part of the team. Also spent 5000 for me and my dad to go to the Super Bowl when the Eagles where in it for that kind of cash I have the right to feel as if i am a part of the team:beerbang:
          I agree with this statement 100%. There is such a thing as emotional and financial equity invested in a team. Without us, they aren't on fuking TV, and in the case of the pros, making millions.

Comment

I don't really hate on Duke but I can't stand Paulus...he's like a little puppet to Krzyzewski, looks as if he wants to makeout with him everytime he calls him over. I think it all started when Krzyzewski sat out Paulus towards the middle of the season, ever since then Paulus seems like he's gona get down on his knees for Krzyzewski. I don't hate on his game because he's decent but such a little puppet, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              NC STATE PLAYS 5.5 GUYS AND THEY BLOW, and you lost to them.
              Quote of the year.

Comment

Lets face it guys, about 5 of those Big East teams are absolutley horrible, and another 3 or 4 are bad teams. ND has a great record in conference and all but its not that hard to get a good record when you can beat up on horrible teams throughout the season.

Cincinnatti, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St Johns, South Florida, uCONn are six teams that are a joke. They wouldnt even compete in the ACC, like they havent dont in the Big East.

Providence and DePaul are two bad teams IMO...Sure they got some wins this season, but a lot of them came against the bottom six.

West Virginia and Syracuse are so up and down, its not even funny. Those teams are very comparable to teams like FSU and Clemson, IMO...

No way the Big East is that much better than the ACC, no way.
                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Sweet 16's teams in the past 4 NCAA tournaments:
                  --------Big East---------- ACC
                  2006 ----- 4 ------------- 2
                  2005 ----- 3 ------------- 3
                  2004 ----- 3 ------------- 3
                  2003 ----- 4-------------- 2
                  NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

And we also beat NC St by 23 at their house, you want to just use this one game, go ahead? We sucked tonight, im not saying we didnt. This was a game we shouldnt have lost, but it was a hard fought game by both teams. We were shorthanded tonight also without GH. I am going to give NC St a ton of credit because they deserve it, they played a helluva game.
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

but its still fun to argue anyways.
                      exactly.

I told you I was drunk celebrating an NC State win. You may be right but you can't change my mind! I'm ACC all the way.

Anyways, I'm getting to bed! Thanks for all the good picks today from all you guys, made me a bit of money. Just a bit. Look forward to arguing and tailing your picks for the rest of March.

GL to you guys tomorrow at the picks, I'm hoping NCSU can win tomorrow (which they won't with a short bench and playing an overtime game the day before) but still hoping.

.... sneaking it in one last time: acc is the best!!!
                      2009 NCAA Football
                      Record: 41-38-1
                      +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
                      Record: 11-14-0
                      +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
                      Record: 15-15-2
                      +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Lets face it guys, about 5 of those Big East teams are absolutley horrible, and another 3 or 4 are bad teams. ND has a great record in conference and all but its not that hard to get a good record when you can beat up on horrible teams throughout the season.

Cincinnatti, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St Johns, South Florida, uCONn are six teams that are a joke. They wouldnt even compete in the ACC, like they havent dont in the Big East.

Providence and DePaul are two bad teams IMO...Sure they got some wins this season, but a lot of them came against the bottom six.

West Virginia and Syracuse are so up and down, its not even funny. Those teams are very comparable to teams like FSU and Clemson, IMO...

No way the Big East is that much better than the ACC, no way.
                        You've obviously watched no Big East basketball this year. I, on the other hand, have watched more ACC basketball than Big East basketball this year... mostly because my two closest friends are Maryland and VaTech alumns.

West Va and Cuse comparable to clemson and FSU.... lol lol lol

now that is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                          There is no comparison between the Big East and the ACC for THIS year. The Big East is much better. They are deeper. Most Big East teams play tough defense and run sophisticated offenses. Most ACC team play run and gun and jack up threes all the damn time. UNC is a legit final four team, but thats it. GTown, Pitt, Marquette and Louisville would mop the floor with the likes of Duke, Maryland, VaTech, Virginia etc.... It's just not even close this year.
                          I think to say there is no comparison is a pretty ignorant statement too. There obviously is a great comparison.

If you compare the top 8 in each league, you can't say who's better. If you think you can, you are lying to yourself (and by you I don't mean you Skins, I mean anyone and everyone).

They are two VERY deep conferences with a lot of good teams and probably no great teams. Each has 1 legit Final Four contender (UNC and Georgetown). The Big East might get 8 as West Virginia looked solid tonight, and the ACC will get 7 if Georgia Tech can win tonight.

IMO, BOTH leagues are down talentwise. There's only two really good teams and then a crop of wanna-bes. Pitt isn't going anywhere, they NEVER do. Gray is overrated, slow, and soft, and they never do **** in the NCAA's. Notre Dame, Louisville, Syracuse, Villanova - NONE of them are going past the Sweet 16 (if they get there). As for the ACC, Maryland is very talented but has two frosh guards. Va Tech and Virginia are schizopnhrenic nightmares who could go out in the first round very easily, and Duke has is mediocre at best.

For all the greatness people want to talk about these conferences, there's a real possibility the Final Four goes on without any of the 15 teams they could be sending (at best, I'd say 1 makes it and I'm not even convinced of that).

Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-08-2007, 11:16 PM.

Comment

lets put this argument on hold and revisit during the sweet 16

Comment

Wait a minute and Duke isn't up and down all year, you kidding me bro. They basically go unbeatable for the first 14 games, which I might add were against some pretty sorry teams, beating GTOWN, the only legit one in that span, losing to Marqutte at home might I add...then going on to lose 2, then win 5 against some weak teams, then lose 4, then win 4, then lose 3....They might be one of the most up and down teams of the year. Also their only LEGIT wins are GTOWN, GTECH and maybe, i repeat maybe at GONZAGA and MAYBE at CLEMSON....I don't even think this mediocre team deserves to be anything higher than a 7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                                I think to say there is no comparison is a pretty ignorant statement too. There obviously is a great comparison.

If you compare the top 8 in each league, you can't say who's better. If you think you can, you are lying to yourself (and by you I don't mean you Skins, I mean anyone and everyone).

They are two VERY deep conferences with a lot of good teams and probably no great teams. Each has 1 legit Final Four contender (UNC and Georgetown). The Big East might get 8 as West Virginia looked solid tonight, and the ACC will get 7 if Georgia Tech can win tonight.

IMO, BOTH leagues are down talentwise. There's only two really good teams and then a crop of wanna-bes. Pitt isn't going anywhere, they NEVER do. Gray is overrated, slow, and soft, and they never do **** in the NCAA's. Notre Dame, Louisville, Syracuse, Villanova - NONE of them are going past the Sweet 16. As for the ACC, Maryland is very talented but has two frosh guards. Va Tech and Virginia are schizopnhrenic nightmares, and Duke has is mediocre at best.

For all the greatness people want to talk about these conferences, there's a really possibility the Final Four goes on without any of the 15 teams they could be sending (at best, I'd say 1 makes it and I'm not even convinced of that).

I will admit that this is probably the best post in this entire thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X