Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horatio View Post
    Enough said.

Did not say I was too good for Duke...simply chose not to go. Real Duke alums are not quite as dense as wannabes. And if you think FANS make sports, you have no clue either. But that has been quite apparent.

You have a week to make up some whine about why your team does not win it all, which in fact it may. You do JT III a disservice complaining about refs "fixing" stuff, and wannabe Dukie GM does a disservice to a damn good school he could not attend but thinks he represents. He does not, nor do you represent anything good about Georgetown or Duke.Period.
    With all due respect, go **** yourself.... not once did I say anything was fixed... you must be confusing me with someone else.

Then again what do i know.... you're right, everyone else is wrong. sorry your boys lost tonight... dont take it out on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
      With all due respect, go **** yourself.... not once did I say anything was fixed... you must be confusing me with someone else.

Then again what do i know.... you're right, everyone else is wrong. sorry your boys lost tonight... dont take it out on me.
      Yea seriously...

Someone just close this thread and well start a new one. Maybe we can keep it on the topic of basketball. Not how much better of a person one of us is over the other.
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
        Sorry I didnt have the money to get into Duke, I guess we arent all as lucky as you. Guess settling for a ****ty school such as George Mason will have to do.
        Yes **** you for not having 25k a year to go to duke..... you went to Mason? I got my bachelors from mason... masters from Gtown... but of course, I never went to Gtown according to some people... i don't represent anything good about them.... lol, what a douchebag....

Comment

I Do Not Consider George Mason A ****ty School

Sorry I didnt have the money to get into Duke, I guess we arent all as lucky as you. Guess settling for a ****ty school such as George Mason will have to do.

and what do you know of why I chose not to attend Duke? It may have been money, for all you know...but then again, you know everything.So did I at your age, I suppose.

GMason has a world renowned economics department. Hope you sat in on some of their classes.

Good for you. But really, pull for Duke, pull for GMason, but do not assume "we" when referring to a school you did not, or chose not, to attend. For Godssake.
          Red ink is thicker than blood.

Comment

Same To You

Yea seriously...

Someone just close this thread and well start a new one. Maybe we can keep it on the topic of basketball. Not how much better of a person one of us is over the other.

:beerbang:

Comment

Did not say I was too good for Duke...simply chose not to go. Real Duke alums are not quite as dense as wannabes. And if you think FANS make sports, you have no clue either. But that has been quite apparent.
              Furthermore, i'm curious as to how you can argue that fans DON't make sports? Please offer some insight.... Specifically, I would like to know how pro sports teams can afford to pay out millions and millions of dollars a year to athletes without generating any revenue in return?

just curious....

Comment

GMason has a world renowned economics department. Hope you sat in on some of their classes.
                Funny you mentioned that.. I got my BS in Economics from GMU. They sure did talk alot about supply and demand... yet, according to you, fans don't make sports.... must be one of those quirks in a free market economy... guess i wasted my money there.

Comment

No im attending George Mason in January of next year to finish up my 4 years of school.

And to let you know, I root for Duke because my Dad turned me onto them. If I want to refer to them as we, then I will. Just because you dont agree with it, that doesnt mean I will stop doing it.

I put a lot of time, effort and money into Duke and every other team I like. I feel like I am part of the tradition, sorry if you dont agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                    Furthermore, i'm curious as to how you can argue that fans DON't make sports? Please offer some insight.... Specifically, I would like to know how pro sports teams can afford to pay out millions and millions of dollars a year to athletes without generating any revenue in return?

just curious....
                    This is actually pretty hilarious.Two George Mason alums agreeing with one another.Wow. Imagine that.

Now as for fans...here, perpend:it is a small, new revolution called TV contracts. The same thing that allows NBA teams to make money with no one in the stands. Get it?

Look, you guys are nice enough, biased in the same way...wonderful. Meet and greet on K street OK? Or Dupont Circlejerk.:bang:

Comment

There was a report on this subject a couple months ago... not sure how accurate, but the report stated that roughly 95% of a collegiate program's fan base never attended that school. I think I heard it on a local radio station in reference to Maryland's fan base.

Comment

Now as for fans...here, perpend:it is a small, new revolution called TV contracts. The same thing that allows NBA teams to make money with no one in the stands. Get it?
                        Oh I get it alright.... for some reason, I would imagine the VALUE of these contracts are in direct relation to the rating and viewership of the games on TV. If, for example, Lifetime network was drawing better ratings than UNC-DUKE in february, I'm fairly confident the price the networks would pay to broadcast the games would drop significantly.

Once again, fans come into play here.... basic supply and demand... no getting around it.

Comment

Is there some sort of DEBATE TEAM

or something you guys can join at George Mason or Georgetown or THE ELON COLLEGE .. ?
                          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Look Guys

Peace and Out OK?

Good luck.Just stop whining about fixes and refs and etc etc.

I respect everyone who wants to pull for a team.It bugs me, as an alum of a school, to hear others refer to my school as "we" when they never went there.Would you like it if some band wagon jerk last year started representing George Mason (and there were plenty of them last year, at least around here)????

A little more respect for the game, for the refs, and for the coaches would be appreciated...jeez. This bottle of wine is done, good luck...and seriously, I mean it, just get over the idea people are out to get you or your favorite team.:bang:

Comment

Anyway, I dont see how Syracuse got snubbed of the NCAA tournament. They would obviously be in the final four right now. Same goes for Drexel and NC State. And if you want to throw Air Force into the mix, than go right ahead.

Comment

Fawk Dook.

We swept you!

Anyway I see UCLA getting revenge over Florida, then beating G-Town in the championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X