X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the tarheels win it all...

wait a minute.... my bad....

Comment

I made a thread about this...one thing you have to keep in mind is this is going to be close to a home crowd for the Gators, especially that first game against UCLA. I already believe the Gators are more talented than the Bruins, and having the crowd behind them is only going to help them more. I'm all over Florida on saturday. UCLA's had the home crowd the first 4 games, but it will be the opposite next week.

Georgetown vs. Ohio State....I can make a case for both teams, therefore will stay away. I think whichever center stays out of foul trouble more will have the advantage. I do think Georgetown poses the biggest threat to the Gators of any in the final 4. They gave them fits in last year's sweet 16, and their size will give them fits again IF it's a Hoyas-Gators final. If it's Gators-Buckeyes, I like the Gators.
      Last edited by navy_blue99; 03-27-2007, 03:34 PM.
      2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
      2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

I dont think the crowd is gonig to make much a difference in this game, especially with it being at the huge Georgia Dome. The crowd factor never really makes a difference when we get to the Final Four because all the teams are represented and im sure the schools are given out an equal amount of tickets.

I just dont think you should put too much stock in Florida having the crowd advantage, I dont think it matters now. Best teams will win on the court, the fans wont be a factor.
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
          or something you guys can join at George Mason or Georgetown or THE ELON COLLEGE .. ?
          LOL omfg WW i just peed a tad. you funny bastard.
          Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin tha Life View Post
            LOL omfg WW i just peed a tad. you funny bastard.

where u been man , u need ur avatar back dude ?
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
              I dont think the crowd is gonig to make much a difference in this game, especially with it being at the huge Georgia Dome. The crowd factor never really makes a difference when we get to the Final Four because all the teams are represented and im sure the schools are given out an equal amount of tickets.

I just dont think you should put too much stock in Florida having the crowd advantage, I dont think it matters now. Best teams will win on the court, the fans wont be a factor.
              I'm not putting too much stock in it, although i do think it will be a bit of a factor. Usually the shorter the travel, the more tickets sold, and the Gainesville Sun has said the school has bought the most tickets of any of the 4 so far. But that aside, even if this game were played in England, I'd like Florida. I think their size played a factor in last year's championship game and it will play a factor next week as well. I thought UCLA matched up well against Kansas, a team that can be beat if you slow them down and take away their outside shot. The Gators are just so balanced, that even if you do take away the perimeter, you have to deal with the two big guys down low.
              2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
              2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

I totally agree with you NAVY

Basically UCLA has one GO TO GUY .. If Aflalo doesn't have a great game against FLORIDA , i can't see UCLA winning. No matter how well they defend. And the Gators defend quite well themselves. Collison is not the scorer at this point in the season that they need him to be. He'll get you 12-15 on a good day and he'll play good defense, but they may need more with the way BREWER will defend Aflalo. Matchup wise I gotta have the Gators in this one

As for Ohio State / Gtown ... I'm not all that crazy about this matchup ..

But i like GTOWN's supporting cast better. By supporting cast , i mean, take the big men out of the lineup. Who is gonna check GREEN. They get really small , fast when Oden is out of the lineup .. Hunter on Green? I don't think that works , COOK ? maybe... Lewis is too small IMO ...

This is why you start preview threads , to talk out the matchups to chat a little.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

now that you say that......im gonna hit Kevin up in a min. You playin NIT tonight?
                  Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin tha Life View Post
                    now that you say that......im gonna hit Kevin up in a min. You playin NIT tonight?

Naah . I haven't played a single NIT game this year .. somehow i managed to stay away

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

you guys are analyzing this stuff like it is an NBA 7 game series...it isn't folks. Did anyone pick Providence to win in '87? Anyone think NCST was the pick when the final four started back in '83? How about when Duke beat UNLV in the finals. I distinctly remember that game being analyzed and i think every single person on TV and that i talked to liked UNLV's matchup at about every position. I just wouldnt' be so fast to take a look at everything on paper and circle Florida. It's one game, and Howland is a heck of a coach who has had SIX days, not one, to get ready for Florida. I really laugh when i hear everyone say that well, they just had a poor shooting night vs. UCLA. Ummm...gee maybe that isn't the giant coincidence people are making it out to be. This is a better defensive team than last season, and if you think that Afflalo is the only guy that can put the ball in the hoop, then you are missing the boat on UCLA. Rolle and Shipp are both great outside shooters when they are on. I think it is going to be a low scoring grind it out, feel 'em out 1H which is why i like the under. Bottom line is the team that makes the best adjustments at the half is going to be your winner.

I honestly think 2H plays are the way to go in these as you really don't know how either of these will pan out due to foul troubles, matchups, cold/hot shooting etc..untilt the game tips.
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Agree with FF.... IF Gtown is able to get by Ohio State, I would much rather they play Florida than UCLA....

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          you guys are analyzing this stuff like it is an NBA 7 game series...it isn't folks. Did anyone pick Providence to win in '87? Anyone think NCST was the pick when the final four started back in '83? How about when Duke beat UNLV in the finals. I distinctly remember that game being analyzed and i think every single person on TV and that i talked to liked UNLV's matchup at about every position. I just wouldnt' be so fast to take a look at everything on paper and circle Florida. It's one game, and Howland is a heck of a coach who has had SIX days, not one, to get ready for Florida. I really laugh when i hear everyone say that well, they just had a poor shooting night vs. UCLA. Ummm...gee maybe that isn't the giant coincidence people are making it out to be. This is a better defensive team than last season, and if you think that Afflalo is the only guy that can put the ball in the hoop, then you are missing the boat on UCLA. Rolle and Shipp are both great outside shooters when they are on. I think it is going to be a low scoring grind it out, feel 'em out 1H which is why i like the under. Bottom line is the team that makes the best adjustments at the half is going to be your winner.

I honestly think 2H plays are the way to go in these as you really don't know how either of these will pan out due to foul troubles, matchups, cold/hot shooting etc..untilt the game tips.

That's great dude , your 2h plays sound great ...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                            Agree with FF.... IF Gtown is able to get by Ohio State, I would much rather they play Florida than UCLA....
                            YOU GUYS are a great TAG TEAM..

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                              That's great dude , your 2h plays sound great ...

not sure what your problem is W2- i think the points i made were very valid ones.
                              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                                not sure what your problem is W2- i think the points i made were very valid ones.

I'm just messin with ya FF , your my boy DAWG

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...