Final Four Preview Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FearTheRaven View Post

Anyway I see UCLA getting revenge over Florida, then beating G-Town in the championship.

I see the same thing
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

After this weekend's fracas, I am on OSU to win it all.
      :glass: MLB 20-20
      :chaching: Soccer 9-4
      :blackeye: NBA 0-3
      :phew: Nascar 2-4

Comment

Gators vs. Bruins

You would think UCLA would have the better defensive numbers , However

THE GATORS - Opponents FG % - .406 compared to .425 for UCLA
        THE GATORS - Opponents 3pt FG % - .291 compared to .351 for UCLA

That 3PT Defense is very important ... IMO
        Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Looking at the box score from last years

TITLE GAME

Two players for UCLA that graduated Cedrik Bozeman, and Ryan Hollins
          Combined for 19 points on 6-13 shooting .. Also chipped in with 13 rebounds between the two. Will Josh Shipp be able to make up for the loss of these two who were pretty productive last year in the title game?

Jordan Farmar led the BRUINS last year with 18 points but shot a dismal 1-8 from the three point line.

UCLA really struggled in the first half only shooting 29.6% from the field and 1-5 from the 3pt line in the first half . Florida didn't shoot the 3 ball all that much better. Florida for the game was 31.6% (6-19). UCLA for the game was 17.6% (3-18).

Noah and Horford combined for 30 points and 16 rebounds. in last years ballgame

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Hoyas really dominated OH ST last year

in round 2 of the NCAA tourney

Only Ron Lewis returns from last years Buckeyes team and he only played 12 minutes in that ball game, scoring 2 points. Along with Butler who had a decent game with 12 points on 5-10 shooting and IVAN HARRIS who only played six minutes.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

you can't compare last years UCLA team to this one. First of all, anyone who has actually followed UCLA knows that Collison is HEAD and SHOULDERS a better on ball defender than farmar was. He is much much quicker and a much much better defender off the dribble. That was one huge advantage Florida had last year was the PG matchup, even though Farmar was able to score offensively, he was a defensive liablity. Also, UCLA only had 1 day to prepare for Florida last year. I think the advantage goes to the team that lost and can go back and look at film and make adjustments....they have an entire week to get ready for Florida this year....i think this is going to be a whale of a ballgame and i lean to UCLA IF they can get Afflalo and Shipp off in this one, and m'bah a' muteFlyersFan can stay out of foul trouble. Also look for a bench guy like Michael Rolle to be a key for UCLA if they can get him hitting from the outside.

As far as the GTown game goes.....game of contrasting styles. OSU likes to get out and play a loose game finding 3's in transition and drives the gaps, while GTown runs the old backdoor cuts princeton deal. What a matchup inside, though. My hope is the refs don't ruin it like they seem to have had their ulgy hands all over so many good matchups so far (like Hibbert yesterday). OSU does have other size like my man Othello who can do damage, as well as Oden. OSU has MADE more FT's than thier opponents HAVE SHOT this year and got to the line 41 times vs. Memphis and 29 times in the 2H alone vs. Tennessee. They are one of the best foul shooting teams in the tourney, so GTown has to try and limit the fouls and the trips to the line for OSU which means taking away dribble penetration. If GTown can manage to keep OSU on the perimeter, they will win. If OSU is able to get penetration and get to the line, i think they will come out ahead. Connolly and Lewis are 2 of the best finishers in the country, IMO. Just a really hard game to gauge because if the refs get involved and send either big guy to the bench, the advantage definitely swings to the team with the 7 footer on the floor.

i may look at more totals, both team and game, 1st and 2H rather than sides in these games. They are so tough to pick and using anything from the matchups last year is worthless because OSU and UCLA are different teams.
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Is it just me is was hibbert more dominating in last years tourney?

Maybe it was because he came out of no where last year.

I think G-Town will have the boards advantage mainly because of Summers and Green.

I'm gonna take the under for sure.

Comment

There was a report on this subject a couple months ago... not sure how accurate, but the report stated that roughly 95% of a collegiate program's fan base never attended that school.

Yes, in Websters dictionary you can see the definition of this under University of Alabama!:laughing:As most have an issue with the education part!

Comment

Take both bigs out of the linuep

who do you like better ?

green
                    summers
                    sapp
                    wallace
                    SIXTH MAN - ewing jr

or

lewis
                    cook
                    conley jr
                    butler
                    Bench - harris or lighty

*lighty has been solid lately played 19 minutes against MEMPHIS,compared to 10 for harris, and 11 for Hunter

We very easily could see some foul trouble from one , if not both of the big men in this game.
                    Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 03-26-2007, 08:09 PM.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Who's run the Final Four has been the most impressive?

Florida wins over Jax St,Purdue,Butler, Oregon

UCLA wins over Weber St,Indiana,Pittsburgh,Kansas

Gtown wins over Belmont,Boston College,Vandy,North Carolina

Oh St wins over CC St,Xavier,Tenn,Memphis

?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                        Florida wins over Jax St,Purdue,Butler, Oregon

UCLA wins over Weber St,Indiana,Pittsburgh,Kansas

Gtown wins over Belmont,Boston College,Vandy,North Carolina

Oh St wins over CC St,Xavier,Tenn,Memphis

?
                        in all honesty at this point who really cares. bottom line is that it's not easy to win 4 games regardless of who you are playing. you get every team's best effort in the tournament. JMO.

i really like the 1H under in the UCLA game right now. I think UCLA will throw some things at FLA that will require adjustments by FLA and i am not sold at all at UCLA's ability to put up big offensive numbers. FLA has sputtered in the first 12-15 minutes of every game so far in the tourney and i wouldn't be surprised to see a game hovering in the mid 20's at the half.
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          in all honesty at this point who really cares. bottom line is that it's not easy to win 4 games regardless of who you are playing. you get every team's best effort in the tournament. JMO.

i really like the 1H under in the UCLA game right now. I think UCLA will throw some things at FLA that will require adjustments by FLA and i am not sold at all at UCLA's ability to put up big offensive numbers. FLA has sputtered in the first 12-15 minutes of every game so far in the tourney and i wouldn't be surprised to see a game hovering in the mid 20's at the half.

just trying to get a little conversation going .. That's all FF

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Florida has come out weak in the last few in the 1st half....I haven't looked at the games yet but with FF on the under, gotta like the Florida to win with the experience but UCLA is playing tuff right now.....I like G Town, but IMO the game will come down to who gets into foul trouble 1st, ODEN or HIPPERT, both are monsters and 1st one out will hurt their team, like Gtown with more "aged" players....
                            Lets keep the discussion on the games, and put the other Drama aside.............With the experience and wisdom here no reason for us to not go 4-0 Sat with sides and totals....

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

Its so hard to pick either game....

Personally I hate florida (I strongly dislike Noah's attitude, his yelling, and the way he looks LOL), and am riding the Bruins to the title game. I really like the way UCLA has been playing. Florida has had the easiest road to the final four, theres no doubt about that in my mind (they weren't impressive against Purdue or Butler). Now, they did play their best game against oregon as Humphrey and Green were both on fire. I am still going to take UCLA with the points, as I think its going to be a close game. I also think the public will be betting pretty hard on florida.

While I really like Georgetown, and personally believe they're the type of matchup that would beat florida if they were playing... I'm taking Ohio State. Theres no good way to do this analysis, I just have a lean towards OSU, especially with the way they've overcome deficits in the tourney (almost feels like destiny).

Comment

does this mean i cant say (we) or (us) or (my) when i refer to the redskins???jesus i hope this new rule of proper lingo doesnt apply to pro sports.......sports without fans is (like bricks without straw)... without true fans we would have no sport period!!!! **** i didnt need a piece of paper to figure that one out ...........back to the games i like the gators,the ohio st vs gtown is a tough call,,could go either way but iam pulling for the hoyas... i was born down dc way....LETS GO HOYAS:beerbang: LETS GO HOYAS:beerbang: LETS GO HOYAS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X