X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
    Did you live through the Carter years? Those days were tough!! :bang:
    can't argue that.

We've all lived through the Bush years, 8 of them.

not comparing Bush to McCain but when people are sick of Bush and they are looking for a new leader, who's closer to Bush? McCain or Obama?

Other than acting like Bush doesnt even exist in the last month, McCain may not be up Bush's clean colon but he sure is closer politically (name of the game is politics after all and not trivial stuff) than Obama.

You give good reasons but then add to them with contradictions, you call bullshyt and naive comparing Bush to McCain, but comparing essentially Obama to Carter 30 years apart is not?!
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

My beef is not with McCain, my beef is not with Obama even, both have their flaws and a wide gaping larger than a hooker's ketchup wound hole in terms of qualifications to be president IMO, but due to the system/corruption we are saddled with its come down to lesser of two evils voting every year.

my beef is however with how people just live and die by each candidate. Their candidate can do no wrong, while if the other died from a greasy metal pole lodged up their pooper, they might actually crack a smile. (You're imagining Obama and/or McCain having that happen to them right now, don't lie! LOL)

How the issues of the country at this point have never been graver in 25+ years and yet these candidates both stand up there lie through their teeth, speak so smug knowing they are not going to accomplish 1/3 of what they "promise" is beyond me. Well my naivety reminds me $ always speaks right?

yet everyone just draws lines in the sands and sticks by their "man" whether he failed 2x before or wasn't even relevant 4 years ago in the political world, and not consider that our 2 party system stinks worse than my crack after sitting out in the sun for 5 hours in a field of manure.

Theres nothing wrong with sticking by your convictions, vote what you believe in, and trying to influence others to side with you.

but the attacks, belittling, smugness? how is that relevant. Kill them with kindness LOL
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
        who's closer to Bush? McCain or Obama?
        Thats toooooo f'n easy! Obama! :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
          can't argue that.

We've all lived through the Bush years, 8 of them.

not comparing Bush to McCain but when people are sick of Bush and they are looking for a new leader, who's closer to Bush? McCain or Obama?

Other than acting like Bush doesnt even exist in the last month, McCain may not be up Bush's clean colon but he sure is closer politically (name of the game is politics after all and not trivial stuff) than Obama.

You give good reasons but then add to them with contradictions, you call bullshyt and naive comparing Bush to McCain, but comparing essentially Obama to Carter 30 years apart is not?!
          I was a kid during the Carter years - I do remember when they would have to affix a "1" to the gas sign right around the time of gas lines and all that. I remember high inflation - candy bars going from .20 to .25 to .40. And I remember my parents fighting a lot over money....

.... kinda like today. Hmmm.

The fact that economists are bringing back the "Misery Index" is telling. Bush == Carter!
          可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
            I just lost 5 figures in the stock market today - in S&P index funds (not exactly pork barrel futures) - because these repub pukes got offended about a speech.
            The bill is ****. Barney frank couldn't even get his own damn committee to get on board.... something like 17 people on his committee voted against it!!!! Barney Frank is the one who got us in all this crap and he can't even get his own committee to vote yes. If Frank could have delivered his own damn committee then the bill would have passed... no no no.... let's blame the replublicans.... could backfire.... blaming the repubs... considering about 80% of the population wants this bill to fail.

Bottom line: The Dems could have steam rolled this through and they didn't. 94 noes from the dems.

Don't sell your index funds.... it's all paper anyways, you haven't lost anything until you sell.

Comment

NAIVE= PEOPLE THAT COMPARE JOHN McCAIN TO PRESIDENT BUSH! :thumbs:
              McCain voted Bush's way 90-95% of the time for the last 8 yrs. A true Maverick McCain is.

Just for the record I am a democrat...I'm not a big fan of Obama....I don't like McCain.....I think the next president of the US should be BLOOMBERG!!!!

Comment

the whole 90% thing is a joke... much of that is budgetary procedures that the dems (when they were in the minority) didn't even show up to very often (which is normal). That's inside senate baseball, as Obama likes to note... Mccain has a substantial list of major issues he has gone against Bush on including tax policy, wasteful spending, and the strategy in Iraq.

Comment

I would even take Palin over Obama
                  :laughing:

Comment

From an outsiders perspective the US election boils down to this for me:

• GOP supporters smear the Democratic candidates, and then immediately turn around and accuse Demo supporters of smearing.

• Demo supporters smear the GOP candidates, and then immediately turn around and accuse GOP supporters of smearing.

• GOP supporters shoot down any and all positive points about the Demo candidates and immediately lash out, with attitude, that someone must be stupid and/or naive to believe them, immediately stopping any and all productive conversations.

• Demo supporters shoot down any and all positive points about the GOP candidates and immediately compare those points to Bush's policies.

• Sarah Palin is a crazy person, and lost any chance McCain had at winning the first time she opened her crazy person mouth. I hope a Polar Bear eats her alive. Slowly.

• The best candidate for the job is unfortunately not on the ticket.

GL to the US of A! :flag:

May whoever win, turn things around! :thumbs:

Comment

There's no doubt, if I had to choose between McCain and Obama, who I would choose....just on the fact that I think McCain is actually honorable and cares about the USA...and would at least TRY to do the right thing for this country, not just further his own agenda like Obama, who in his own mind should be a king, not a president.

I remember a year or two ago, hearing how much McCain differed from Bush, and how the two of them didn't even like each other. Getting along, is a show that I believe the two of them are putting on. I don't think McCain is anything like Bush.

Obama is a piece of garbage. I will not vote for him. He talks about not taking donations from big oil and ****....but i'll tell you this....i work for the US Postal Service, and that **** sends out at least 1, if not 2 mailings A DAY. Sending a mass mailing out to THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES isn't cheap....let alone doing it DAILY. With pictures of union members and teachers on them, and what not....trying to make it look like he CARES about the middle class. **** him, all he's doing is begging for your vote. He doesn't give a **** about you, me, or anyone else. The man could not be more egotistical, self centered, or self promoting. Just watch him....winning the presidency to him is nothing but a power trip.

"The first black man to be president"....**** you, your mom was white you a$shole....or does he forget that since he needs all the black votes he can muster up?

Even more so, these guys are running like 50/50 in the polls, or close enough. This is with the democratic party split, and half of us either not voting, or supporting McCain. Like I said before, throw ANY other DECENT democrat in there and you have a landslide winner. But no, we got BARACK ******* OBAMA. Nice job selecting our candidate, fellow democrats. :thumbs:

My concern with McCain dying in office, however, is obvious. The guy is what, 72? He was tortured for 3 or 4 years as a POW. I mean that **** has to cut into your life span, i'd think anyway....

Never the less, the worst nightmare that I could possibly imagine is someone (Palin) becoming the president (even worse than Obama being commander in chief), who thinks that she has foreign policy experience because she lives in a state that is between Russia and Canada. Now that's just plain ******* stupidity. Where and how di McCain find this bitch? You'd think the legit candidates like maybe Rudy Guliani or Tom Ridge, or whoever have to feel a bit betrayed that he went out and found this whore just to please the religious ****s who will vote for him now just because she's pro life or whatever. What a ****in retarded reason to vote for a president.

Anyway, what a mess. I just WISH there was a decent independent running this time....
                      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 09-30-2008, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                        There's no doubt, if I had to choose between McCain and Obama, who I would choose....just on the fact that I think McCain is actually honorable and cares about the USA...and would at least TRY to do the right thing for this country, not just further his own agenda like Obama, who in his own mind should be a king, not a president.

I remember a year or two ago, hearing how much McCain differed from Bush, and how the two of them didn't even like each other. Getting along, is a show that I believe the two of them are putting on. I don't think McCain is anything like Bush.

Obama is a piece of garbage. I will not vote for him. He talks about not taking donations from big oil and ****....but i'll tell you this....i work for the US Postal Service, and that **** sends out at least 1, if not 2 mailings A DAY. Sending a mass mailing out to THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES isn't cheap....let alone doing it DAILY. With pictures of union members and teachers on them, and what not....trying to make it look like he CARES about the middle class. **** him, all he's doing is begging for your vote. He doesn't give a **** about you, me, or anyone else. The man could not be more egotistical, self centered, or self promoting. Just watch him....winning the presidency to him is nothing but a power trip.

"The first black man to be president"....**** you, your mom was white you a$shole....or does he forget that since he needs all the black votes he can muster up?

Even more so, these guys are running like 50/50 in the polls, or close enough. This is with the democratic party split, and half of us either not voting, or supporting McCain. Like I said before, throw ANY other DECENT democrat in there and you have a landslide winner. But no, we got BARACK ******* OBAMA. Nice job selecting our candidate, fellow democrats. :thumbs:

My concern with McCain dying in office, however, is obvious. The guy is what, 72? He was tortured for 3 or 4 years as a POW. I mean that **** has to cut into your life span, i'd think anyway....

Never the less, the worst nightmare that I could possibly imagine is someone (Palin) becoming the president (even worse than Obama being commander in chief), who thinks that she has foreign policy experience because she lives in a state that is between Russia and Canada. Now that's just plain ******* stupidity. Where and how di McCain find this bitch? You'd think the legit candidates like maybe Rudy Guliani or Tom Ridge, or whoever have to feel a bit betrayed that he went out and found this whore just to please the religious ****s who will vote for him now just because she's pro life or whatever. What a ****in retarded reason to vote for a president.

Anyway, what a mess. I just WISH there was a decent independent running this time....

Well said..in a comical kinda way...I think:beer2: I think it was more like 7 years of being tortured but really who is counting:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                          just on the fact that I think McCain is actually honorable and cares about the USA...and would at least TRY to do the right thing for this country
                          can i ask one question if he cared about the usa and tried to do the right thing for this country and not further his burning desire to be president, don't you think his first major decision being the selection of a VP would have been better done instead of picking some women who is completely a slap in the face to the American intelligence? especially with the fact hes 72 and has had cancer 4 times now and knowing his selection at VP could very well be the president in the next 4 years

(here comes HD, BO, and all the others who jump all over me and fish)
                          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                            can i ask one question if he cared about the usa and tried to do the right thing for this country and not further his burning desire to be president, don't you think his first major decision being the selection of a VP would have been better done instead of picking some women who is completely a slap in the face to the American intelligence? especially with the fact hes 72 and has had cancer 4 times now and knowing his selection at VP could very well be the president in the next 4 years

(here comes HD, BO, and all the others who jump all over me and fish)
                            Knock Knock!

Dude dont you think it is a slap in the face of the American public and the rest of the world to have someone that has ZERO experience running for the most powerful position in the world?

You couldn't get a job at McDonald's and become District Manager after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't become Chief of Surgery after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the Superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a General after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the Nightly News Anchor after 143 days of experience.
                            BUT....
                            'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World .... 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start,
                            and strangely, a large sector of the American public is OK with this and campaigning for him.

We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet many are OK with this for the President of the United States of America?

Come on folks, we're not voting for the next American Idol!He could very well be Pres in 3 mos!

Help me here Dana!!!!
                            Last edited by BoKnows; 09-30-2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                              Knock Knock!

Dude dont you think it is a slap in the face of the American public and the rest of the world to have someone that has ZERO experience running for the most powerful position in the world?

You couldn't get a job at McDonald's and become District Manager after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't become Chief of Surgery after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the Superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a General after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the Nightly News Anchor after 143 days of experience.
                              BUT....
                              'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World .... 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start,
                              and strangely, a large sector of the American public is OK with this and campaigning for him.

We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet many are OK with this for the President of the United States of America?

Come on folks, we're not voting for the next American Idol!He could very well be Pres in 3 mos!

Help me here Dana!!!!
                              ill post the same thing i did in the other thread

let me add a few more presidents that had less national experience then obama does right now when taking office

1. Abraham Lincoln served 8 years in the Illinois legislature and one term in the U.S. House (1847-1849), a decade before becoming President. The rest of the time he was a lawyer in private practice

2. How about FDR who spent 4 yrs as a governor and 2 years in the NYS legislature before becoming president

3. how about Woodrow Wilson spent 2 years as governor of the state of NJ

and how about an example of a president who had a ton of national experience

1. James Buchanan who had 10+ years of experience in both the house and the senate you wouldn't rank him in your top 10 presidents of all time?
                              ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
                                ill post the same thing i did in the other thread

let me add a few more presidents that had less national experience then obama does right now when taking office

1. Abraham Lincoln served 8 years in the Illinois legislature and one term in the U.S. House (1847-1849), a decade before becoming President. The rest of the time he was a lawyer in private practice

2. How about FDR who spent 4 yrs as a governor and 2 years in the NYS legislature before becoming president

3. how about Woodrow Wilson spent 2 years as governor of the state of NJ

and how about an example of a president who had a ton of national experience

1. James Buchanan who had 10+ years of experience in both the house and the senate you wouldn't rank him in your top 10 presidents of all time?

Excuse me for being ignorant but how do any of these have less political experience?

Let me say it again 143 days

Comment

Working...
                                X