No announcement yet.

week 1 all tourneys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice of vandy to shoot 54% from the line when they are usually a 73% plus FT shooting as a team.

Funny thing is how the ball boucnes. If that ball is ruled off of Murray they go to the line with a chance to win and push the spread. instead they end up going home alltogether.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      nice of vandy to shoot 54% from the line when they are usually a 73% plus FT shooting as a team.

Funny thing is how the ball boucnes. If that ball is ruled off of Murray they go to the line with a chance to win and push the spread. instead they end up going home alltogether.
      didnt even see the game cuz of work, but that squad is too talented to go out like that. hate how the books reeled me in with that soft line. wish vandy proved them wrong

tomorrow im considering xavier, tex a+m, wofford, oakland, maryland over, g tech, and clemson. but who the hell knows. headin out for a bit, back around midnite to try and figure out what teams wont let me down. flyers or anybody feel free to offer insight on any of the leans i mentioned.

mizzou ended the year very poorly and clemson should have their way inside, should crush mizzou on the boards.

A+M plays tough teams all year and are a solid team, i think utah st is a little overrated

Wofford held their own in tough out of conference schedule, will be low scoring game where points 10 points could come in handy, but worried about wiscy's defense being too much for them.

Prior to a little run in the big 10 tourney, minny was very mediocre for most of the year. xavier is very solid all around team, somethign just doesnt feel right here

Ok st is a great home team but is a different team when not in their own gym for the most part. G tech closed the season very strong, but they are very inconsistent.

Maryland vs houston should be a fast paced game., i dont see how houston holds maryland under 85 points, and huoston can fill it up with coleman and lewis. as long as they can hang around i see this getting in the 160's.

Comment

i want to back purdue also, a veteran team that plays great defense, siena doesnt face teams that D up like purdue. however, hard to justify a play on a team capable of an 11 point half

Comment

so far

1 unit each

Wofford+10

Clemson-1.5

i can see clem backfiring on me, but i really think they crush mizzou on the glass and mizzou cant guard booker., just gotta hope they dont turn it over every possession

woff-wisc should be a really lowscoring game and i like catching double digit points.

Comment

I agree with a lot of your leans today.

X - I think the lines short because Minny is from the Big 10 and they have great computer numbers. But I think X matches up well with any BCS school with their size and talent. X lost some tough road games but their road schedule was much tougher than Minny's.

I'm with you on AM (same thoughts), Wofford (same thought), Houston over(I think this game could get 80+ in each half), as for the ACC teams I just don't have a good feel for them. I don't have a feeling that they are going to perform really great in the tourney but I do think each of the teams got relatively favorable matchups except GT. GT did beat Maryland last week and played them tough in college park but I don't see anything else that leads me to believe which of those two teams will plan on showing up based on their road performances.

Curius for your thoughts on Oakland? I haven't seen them but the line seems to be asking for a play but when I look at the numbers I see a blowout for Pitt as Oakland has been destroyed in every matchup against a BCS team.

And I think Purdue just had a bad game last time out. I have seen Siena a handful of times and they aren't nearly as good as with KennY Hasbrouck. Edwin Ubiles takes it 1 on 1 too much and they depend on that for too many baskets against decent defense. I expect Purdue to cause them real problems on that end of the court today.
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

bout to head to work and miss all afternoon games again

fanchise= laying off oakland for that reason,. they got walloped in those earlier games vs major conference teams

I know what you mean about ubiles going 1 on 1 too much, that **** wont fly vs purdue's defense, thats why i tihnk purdue is right side, but again. having a hard time wagering a team that is capable of an 11 point half. that was so pathetic.

i think im going to leave it at these 2 for now and will probly take that over later, already got a real risky bet on clemson, hpoing rebounding domination is the difference there. treadomg lightly as these matchups are really hard for me to figure out. hopefully gets a bit easier sat and sunday

Comment

GL today Beholdah......looks like we may be together on a couple.....at least in our thought processes....A&M, Purdue, Waffles instead of pancakes.......:thumbs:
                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

1 u

Cal-1

Comment

almost locked in maryland over but told buddy to not put it in. i just dontk now what to expect oupt of houston, cant see maeyland not breaking 85, but just not alot of wriggle room.

i think miss st blows out unc tomorrow. and washington takes down new mexico

Comment

1 u

Miss St-7.5

think they handle them but if 3's dont hit at high clip they get back door

Comment

thought miss st would get back doored at worse but lost outright, misread

1 u each

Washington-2.5

No Iowa+11.5

even though no iowa is outmatched across the board, i think they take the air out of the ball and stay in striking distance. Washington i just tihkn is the better team. i didnt expect the line to go up to 2.5 but hopefully wont matter

tomorrow, can anyone talk me out of multi unit plays on Maryland and Cornell?

Cornell's destruction of temple was so impressive. temple is a damn good team, especially defensively, and Cornell won that game easily. Michigan St ive looked to bet against the majority of year. was so surprised they were laying 13.5 in round 1 i layed off thinkin maybe theyd roll. Im pretty comfortable with my money on maryland in that game

Cornell and Maryland im sure will be very popular plays, but i think Cornell is plenty good enough to take down wiscy and maryland is just flat out better than mich st. im thinking about 3 units on each. havent had 3 unit plays in a while.

anyone got a reason to not play these those 2 big? thanks in advice for opinions

Comment

another thing i really like about cornell is that theyre all well seasoned seniors. a solid 7 footer, 3 point snipers galore, quality point guard, star player in wittman. i dont want to discount wiscy, great well coached defensive squad. but wiscy and temple are very similar teams in my book and cornell proved they can beat a team like that. seems like a team primed to make a run here.

michigan st has done nothing this year to make me want to bet on them. neither team played well out of conference, but mich st's losses to texas, unc, and florida look pretty weak at this point. i like the way maryland pretty much breezed thru ACC this year, they won 14 of last 17 games. Mich St put up a solid 14-4 big 10 record, but if you include their close win vs nm st last night, they are 6-5 over their last 11 games. they snuck out tight games this year vs weaker conference foes and really their best conference win was at hummel-less purdue.
                          Maryland has a sick offense, ranked 4th in offensive efficiency while mich st ranked around 40th, both teams ranked in the 30s in defensive efficiency. Maryland is also much less turnover prone, ranked 17th in turnover %, while michigan st is in the 200's (all kenpom)

will be a close game but i trust vasquez and the terps to execute better and move on. i would like to hear opposing viewpoints on these games tho.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post
                            another thing i really like about cornell is that theyre all well seasoned seniors. a solid 7 footer, 3 point snipers galore, quality point guard, star player in wittman. i dont want to discount wiscy, great well coached defensive squad. but wiscy and temple are very similar teams in my book and cornell proved they can beat a team like that. seems like a team primed to make a run here.

michigan st has done nothing this year to make me want to bet on them. neither team played well out of conference, but mich st's losses to texas, unc, and florida look pretty weak at this point. i like the way maryland pretty much breezed thru ACC this year, they won 14 of last 17 games. Mich St put up a solid 14-4 big 10 record, but if you include their close win vs nm st last night, they are 6-5 over their last 11 games. they snuck out tight games this year vs weaker conference foes and really their best conference win was at hummel-less purdue.
                            Maryland has a sick offense, ranked 4th in offensive efficiency while mich st ranked around 40th, both teams ranked in the 30s in defensive efficiency. Maryland is also much less turnover prone, ranked 17th in turnover %, while michigan st is in the 200's (all kenpom)

will be a close game but i trust vasquez and the terps to execute better and move on. i would like to hear opposing viewpoints on these games tho.

MSU is the Big10's version of Crapanova. They have been losing games and the ones they have been winning they've been about 1 play away from losing for the past 2 months. I think 5 points is generous here. MSU is still living on the reputation of days gone by IMO. They never play a complete game either so even if they do get up 10 like they did yesterday, they will most likely cough it up in a hurry. I honestly don't think there is much of an argument for MSU. It's MD or nothing here IMO.

As for Cornell, honestly i got hosed by the Richmond bandwagon...a team I hadn't seen before and i didn't see Cornell this year. All i have to go on is an "almost" versus KU and a win over a Temple team that has now lost by DD in the first round for 3 straight years. I think the A-10 was garbage this year outside of X and so i really don't know what to say about Cornell. My question is, if Wisky plays a slow down game and if Cornell is really that good, why is the line 5 points? I know Cornell will look to up tempo the game from what i can tell but Wisky is realllly good at slowing it down. Easier to slow down a game than speed one up. Really no opinion to make a long story short....:laughing:

don't sleep on CAL. Lots of athletes in that game. I think we all get skewed because of ESPN's constant boner with the Big East and how they pretty much ignored and **** on the Pac10 all year long. Cal is better than people think and they lost those early games without 2 of their best players. Worth a look at 8 points i think. The public will hammer Duke im sure since ESPN says the Pac10 sucks and Duke is Duke....you might be able to grab an 8 1/2 or 9 tomorrow.

GL! beholdah...and thanks for fking me in the contest. I chose you over boiler because boiler is a great capper but never does well in contests......and then you go and not make picks....:bang:....should have chosen boiler....:bang: :bang:
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

thanks for the input flyers

but about the contest... im pretty non observant, i honestly did not even know i was in a contest like that haha. the reason i ended up treading so lightly is, and you can tell from just reading above posts in this thread, that the first round matchups had me extremely flustered from the moment they were released. i was actually on a nice roll entering the tourney and i just couldnt make decisions in the first round. once i start overthinking games, you can forget about it. i hate forcing bets, and everything felt forced to me

the funny thing is that when you go thru the grind of betting on cbb everyday, i almost take up the mindset of the teams: that everything is done in preperation to be on top of your game when march comes. ive been excited all year for the tourney and excpected to fire away, but when it came down to it the matchups were too hard for me in the early round. however, im lookin to end the year on a high note

did i just misread what you wrote or did you say maryland getting 5 points is generous? games around a pickem. so looks like you think maryland is a stronger wager than cornell, and i think your're probably right because michigan st really is a good team to fade. i dont know the numbers off hand but i would imagine mich st is significantly under .500 ats wise.

and i agree on cal, had them last night and between them and washington, the pac 10 is shutting a lot of people up, although actually, the pac 10 was still a joke, just a two headed monster atop the league. oregon st should give up basketball for getting blown out at home by seattle u and boston u in the same season

Any thoughts on purdue- T A+M?

id play the aggies or the under if i play it

Comment

I'm totally a homer, so take this for what it is worth. EXPERIENCE!!! Donald Sloan and Bryan Davis have been to the Dance all 4 years. Walkup and Holmes each have 3 years exp. and now you have Dash and Labeau with 2 years Exp.

This coupled with the D we play I see aTm winning. Like I said I wear maroon colored glasses though. But that how I see it.

Originally posted by TheBeholdah View Post
                                thanks for the input flyers

but about the contest... im pretty non observant, i honestly did not even know i was in a contest like that haha. the reason i ended up treading so lightly is, and you can tell from just reading above posts in this thread, that the first round matchups had me extremely flustered from the moment they were released. i was actually on a nice roll entering the tourney and i just couldnt make decisions in the first round. once i start overthinking games, you can forget about it. i hate forcing bets, and everything felt forced to me

the funny thing is that when you go thru the grind of betting on cbb everyday, i almost take up the mindset of the teams: that everything is done in preperation to be on top of your game when march comes. ive been excited all year for the tourney and excpected to fire away, but when it came down to it the matchups were too hard for me in the early round. however, im lookin to end the year on a high note

did i just misread what you wrote or did you say maryland getting 5 points is generous? games around a pickem. so looks like you think maryland is a stronger wager than cornell, and i think your're probably right because michigan st really is a good team to fade. i dont know the numbers off hand but i would imagine mich st is significantly under .500 ats wise.

and i agree on cal, had them last night and between them and washington, the pac 10 is shutting a lot of people up, although actually, the pac 10 was still a joke, just a two headed monster atop the league. oregon st should give up basketball for getting blown out at home by seattle u and boston u in the same season

Any thoughts on purdue- T A+M?

id play the aggies or the under if i play it

Comment

Working...
                                X