Lol @ Big 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayCol View Post
    Objectively I would say there is rough parity between the conferences.
    I agree comparing conferences is pretty impossible, but the fact remains that there is no comparing anything to SEC football. It always has Top 10 teams and is perennially deep, this year being no exception.

"Rough parity" is ridiculous to me....... The Big 10 has 1.5 ranked teams right now (Michigan in one poll and Penn State in one poll) while the SEC has 7, 4 of which are in the Top 14 in BOTH polls. I understand rankings are not all that important and are based on perception, but you can't even begin to remotely compare these conferences (which no one else seems to be doing but you).

If you want to counter with OSU being #1 and want extra points for that, it's just not happening since Florida pasted and embarrassed them in the last year's championship game (a healthy Ginn would not have mattered since Smith was on his back all game or running for his life). Also, Skins makes some great points about how awful the Big 10 is in BCS games as opposed to the SEC results.
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

If there is one man who knows how to win championships, it is Tressel. There is no other explanation how he could beat the talent loaded Miami team in the NC with OSU as 14 pts underdogs.
      Yea there is, a bull**** pass interference call. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
        Yea there is, a bull**** pass interference call. :thumbs:
        Well, if you insist on playing this game... there is also a missed-pass-interference/not-out-of-bounds call that should have resulted in tOSU winning outright without going to overtime 2003 Fiesta Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to mention the fact that the "bull**** pass interference call" was voted as one of the best ever calls by Referee magazine: NASO Press Releases

JC
        Last edited by JayCol; 10-17-2007, 09:42 PM.
        Go Bucks!

Comment

Referee magazine? Who cares about "referee magazine"? Referees writing about referees seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest, no? Do they have a "worst call" list too?

I'm sorry but anyone who feels the need to write the letter "t" before OSU will never admit anything remotely bad or lackluster about the program and probably drinks OSU Kool Aid with every single meal. The fact that you think the SEC and Big 10 can be closely comparable as conferences pretty much says it all. I don't think there is another person in this forum (even the Big 10 lovers) who would agree with that.

As for the Gamble "catch", I don't remember it offhand but the article says it "seems" he had his foot in bounds, and don't bring up the grabbing the jersey crap cause jerseys get grabbed on every play. I'd have to watch that to know because I honestly don't remember the play.

I could also bring up the fact that OSU (much like probably every school has it demons) knew all about the **** Maurice Clarett was doing/getting and he should have never been on the field in the first place.

Anyway, what's done is done and is in the past, but GL this week JayCol with your plays! :thumbs:
          Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Referee magazine
            :ohman: What magazine?

Comment

Pac-10 is better than sec

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  Anyway, what's done is done and is in the past, but GL this week JayCol with your plays! :thumbs:
                  GL with your plays too!

JC
                  Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post

Seriously do you own a television?

Comment

Working...
                    X