Week 8 Lines are out Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 Lines are out Discussion

anyone see anything that jumps out at them?

NCAA Football Odds

some of these opening numbers above are going to be long gone by the AM.....some initial thoughts

i like Missouri -3 at home vs. TacoTech......Missouri played well minus some turnovers at OKLA. I think Mizzou can score at will vs. TacoTech and their D should get them a DD win...

AUB +10....i mean you have to look at AUB +10 with tubberville being like 10-1 vs. top 10 teams ATS....and they have won i believe 12 or so striaght road games..but it may be a bad spot for anyone playing LSU this weekend.....

OlePiss +6.....don't get this line at all. ARK has to be reeling from last weekend and OlePiss continues to be tough at home. ARK can't play a complete game and they really aren't any good, IMO outside of McFadden. Seems like this line is based on perception and past records....

PUR -7 is interesting....they have scored exactly 7 points in 2 weeks minus 3 late garbage scores vs. quality teams. their offense is obviously a fraud vs. a good team, but is Iowa a good team? and i wonder about PUR mindset. They may be reeling....not sure if i will play it or what side, but it sure is interesting, IMO.

MSU +17............MSU gives OSU fits every single year. They beat them in columbus in 98 to deny them a national title chance......that just seems like too many points.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

bama

tennessee looking ahead to showdown with gamecocks for possible SEC East crown

Comment

MSU +17...wow...yeah, that seems like an awful lot of points. I seriously doubt that Tressel would be in a position against them to cover that spread...not his style. Unless OSU comes out and Northwesterns them. Of course, NW beat MSU @ MSU. Nevertheless, that is definitely a no play...or a play on the Spartans.
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Cant look at lines and think after seeing the bull **** ass bcs rankings

****ed up how ducks post a 53-7 victory and drop a spot from 9-10

and 3 teams jump ahead of them...

Comment

how can a team drop in bcs rankings on first week of bcs rankings being released?

Comment

i saw them on slot 9 on sat morning

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
              i saw them on slot 9 on sat morning
              :dunno: ....BCS rankings weren't released until early Sunday afternoon....
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Buffalo+4.5 over Cuse.... IMO an outright win, Cuse is that bad.
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I like Maryland -5 at home vs a weak Virginia team.
                  Mississippi St. +23 vs W.Virginia, just too many points.
                  Oklahoma -28.5, IowaSt. is absolutely horrible, Tx beat them 56-3 this weekend

Comment

Likely public plays considering it's a first look, but here's what jumps out(fade these):

Cincy -10 at Pitt - Pitt might be the worst team in any major(I use that term loosely with the Big East) conference. Cincy should be re-focused after the loss against Louisville and ready to pound Pitt.

Illinois +3.5 - Especially if Hart is out, this is the exact type of game that Michigan will struggle with. Juice Williams, Mendelhall, and Benn should have no trouble putting up points against Michigan.

Indiana +8 home against PSU - PSU can't score on the road, and Indiana has one of the better offenses PSU will have seen so far. Morelli has an awful road resume thus far in his career. This one will likely be an ugly 3-6 point win by PSU.

Maryland -5 home against UVA - I really think UVA is right down there with Duke and UNC as the worst teams in the ACC. Maryland isn't much better, but they'll be at home and the superior team.

Comment

I'm already having a hard time staying away from SFLA at -2.5 on thursday night.

Reminds me a lot of the Lousiville/RU game last year, also on a thursday night, where RU pulled the upset.

I think this SFLA team is better than last year's louisville team, thoough, and RU hasn't beaten anyone this year.

Comment

i like louie -3 @ uconn:beerbang:

Comment

How about Northworstern -8 vs. EMU....the EMUs have a horrible offense and they are a second half team. They always get behind in the first half and have to try and make a comeback........Also like Kansas @ Colorado!:beerbang:
                          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

miss st. +23 jumped out at me. the strength of schedule for miss st. should help.

Comment

First look i am feeling the following:

LSU -11 i dont wanna play lsu on the road after a loss if i am mid-level auburn

Michigan -3 this team since oregon loss is on a mission streak keeps going in big way

Ohio pk team is playing good football and i dont like toledo

Florida -7 cant see this offense losing 3 in a row kentucky comes to earth this week

Oregon -11 this offense is something to watch

Notre Dame +19 **** usc if booty dont play i money line this at +775

Missouri -3½ good bounce back situation at home

Tennessee U +1 flying under radar and keeps winning

South Florida -3 im a believer of this team congrats

Utah +3½ underdogs? need to look into this one confused?

Texas A&M +2 might not play this, just nebraska isnt that good...

Comment

Working...
                              X