Week 8 Lines are out Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
    Utah +3½ underdogs? need to look into this one confused?
    TCU undefeated at home (granted it was vs. Baylor, SMU & Colo st.), & Utah is 1-3 on the road. Home team has won past 2 years...
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
      TCU undefeated at home (granted it was vs. Baylor, SMU & Colo st.), & Utah is 1-3 on the road. Home team has won past 2 years...

ok but utah has had a stronger opponenet line up out of conference.. oregon st ucla louiville 2-1 vs those teams

home or away i kinda feel they should be favored in this game

Comment

First look i am feeling the following:

LSU -11 i dont wanna play lsu on the road after a loss if i am mid-level auburn

South Florida -3 im a believer of this team congrats

I would agree playing LSU in this spot is a tough one being they should be pissed at home and at night which is a tough prop for any team. But "mid level"???We dominated and beat a tough FL team should have beat SF if not for 7 TO's and still lost in OT...then you say your a believer in SF???Your post makes Zero sense. As for my mid level boys...check our stats against the top 10 last 4 years, as well as, our road record:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
          I would agree playing LSU in this spot is a tough one being they should be pissed at home and at night which is a tough prop for any team. But "mid level"???We dominated and beat a tough FL team should have beat SF if not for 7 TO's and still lost in OT...then you say your a believer in SF???Your post makes Zero sense. As for my mid level boys...check our stats against the top 10 last 4 years, as well as, our road record:thumbs:

but was those 7 turnovers by your boys offensive miscues aka fumbling the snap or crazy off the helmet interception tip ball interceptions... or was it def reading your terrible quarterback and picking his pocket left and right, or def poking the ball out of your recievers/running backs hands cause when they run they cant cover the ball up or was it the offensive line which let the oposing d-line get through and hit quarterback blind sided...
          i am asking cause i dont know because i didnt watch or see any highlights of this game...

not to mention your quarter back has a whopping 4 td to 7 int this year..... im not trying to belittle auburn im just saying that they are mid-level team compared to LSU and i personally think LSU's def at home will make short work of your boys quarterback early....

south florida is playing rutgers.... i think they will be ok ....

Comment

especially if lsu scores fast and early and auburn trails by 2 scores early 10+ points forcing auburn to throw football it could get ugly

Comment

but was those 7 turnovers by your boys offensive miscues aka fumbling the snap or crazy off the helmet interception tip ball interceptions... or was it def reading your terrible quarterback and picking his pocket left and right, or def poking the ball out of your recievers/running backs hands cause when they run they cant cover the ball up or was it the offensive line which let the oposing d-line get through and hit quarterback blind sided...
              i am asking cause i dont know because i didnt watch or see any highlights of this game...

not to mention your quarter back has a whopping 4 td to 7 int this year..... im not trying to belittle auburn im just saying that they are mid-level team compared to LSU and i personally think LSU's def at home will make short work of your boys quarterback early....

south florida is playing rutgers.... i think they will be ok ....
              Apparently you dont watch the SEC that much if you consider Auburn mid level when they play in the toughest conference in the land, and continually finish at the top while beating the best along the way year in and year out. Yes they had 2 bad games and was a result of 3 freshman on the offensive line starting with a true freshman running back hence the TO's. Since then they have started to come together limit TO's (though they did turn it over in a crucial situation going into score this weekend against Ark..as that game was not near as close as the score) and this is because of game experience. AU has now won their last 11/12 against the top 10 and 15/16 on the road. That tells you a little about their mid level grade, not to mention has accounted for the last 2 of 3 UF losses. Will the mastery continue in the Bayou this weekend?Not sure, as LSU plays tough at night at home, and definitely after a loss, but to call Auburn mid level is far from close. Will they cover this weekend, not sure but I would not bet against them or their sweet record against the top 10/road.
              Last edited by BoKnows; 10-15-2007, 02:14 PM.

Comment

At first glance:

M.Ohio -6.5
                Central Mich +16.5
                Vandy +13.5
                Rice -2 (rice is giving points?)
                Mich St +17
                San Jose St +12.5
                Central Fla -3
                Stanford +10

Sham.........

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                  Will they cover this weekend, not sure but I would not bet against them or their sweet record against the top 10/road.
                  Good points Bo- I definitely agree that this is a spot to either grab the points or leave it alone. It can't be ignored how well Auburn has done in these spots....
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Can we talk a little more about this USF at Rutgers game? I'm very confused as to why this line is set at -2.5. The oddsmakers have to take public perception in to account, and USF is seen as an invincible force at the moment and to get even action they could probably set this thing at -7, even dangle the hook at -7.5. Rutgers does have a very good offense, but USF is giving up less than 300 YPG, including their last game in which they held UCF to 145 yards of total offense. USF went in to Auburn and scored 26 and held the Tigers under 300 yards of total offense. That was also the same game that USF was held to their lowest rushing output, 135 yards(not too bad if you ask me). That's the same Auburn D that held McFadden and co. to 67 yards rushing and Tim Tebow's Gators to 111 yards on the ground. Looking at Rutgers' D in comparison, they had nearly 300 yards rolled up on them on the ground by Maryland, 254 against Navy, 150 by Cincy, and 112 by Syracuse(that is the only game all season that Syracuse went for 100+ on the ground BTW).

I feel like I'm losing my train of thought right now but basically what I'm trying to get at is, USF just looks like a FAR superior team at this point in the season. Can someone talk me off the ledge here and show me what I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                      Can we talk a little more about this USF at Rutgers game? I'm very confused as to why this line is set at -2.5. The oddsmakers have to take public perception in to account, and USF is seen as an invincible force at the moment and to get even action they could probably set this thing at -7, even dangle the hook at -7.5. Rutgers does have a very good offense, but USF is giving up less than 300 YPG, including their last game in which they held UCF to 145 yards of total offense. USF went in to Auburn and scored 26 and held the Tigers under 300 yards of total offense. That was also the same game that USF was held to their lowest rushing output, 135 yards(not too bad if you ask me). That's the same Auburn D that held McFadden and co. to 67 yards rushing and Tim Tebow's Gators to 111 yards on the ground. Looking at Rutgers' D in comparison, they had nearly 300 yards rolled up on them on the ground by Maryland, 254 against Navy, 150 by Cincy, and 112 by Syracuse(that is the only game all season that Syracuse went for 100+ on the ground BTW).

I feel like I'm losing my train of thought right now but basically what I'm trying to get at is, USF just looks like a FAR superior team at this point in the season. Can someone talk me off the ledge here and show me what I'm missing?
                      Hop on the ledge with me, pal:beerbang:

The *only* legit reason I give for this line is the homefield "advantage" (which ia addressed in my thread)

I guess I can still see South Florida *still* getting the shaft because they are such an "unknown" team to most of the public.

Granted, it has been an absolutely screwy season so far, and thursday night home dogs seem to always perform well.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                        I'm already having a hard time staying away from SFLA at -2.5 on thursday night.

Reminds me a lot of the Lousiville/RU game last year, also on a thursday night, where RU pulled the upset.

I think this SFLA team is better than last year's louisville team, thoough, and RU hasn't beaten anyone this year.
                        me too........**** i wanna jump all over SFU!
                        Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

i really like the terps this weekend

UVA overrated.... 6-1, but barely won most of these games... lucky to beat mid tenn st, lucky against uconn.... maryland, on the other hand, has looked very good the last couple games... their running game has been TREMENDOUS, imho, and is very underrated.

Also like bama....

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post

SFLA IS NOT going to go undefeated this year. It just is too hard. These are 19 and 20 year old kids that don't come to play every week. If they did, we wouldn't have the Stanfords beating the USC's every week. I think this is a sucker line. As HD says, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. RUT will be sky high for this game and lets not forget, they still have a chance to win the conference with some help. If you play the old, team A beat team B and team B beat team C **** Nitts, you wouldn't have any upsets. I think Rutgers was looking ahead last week at Syracuse which is why they came out asleep. I can promise you one thing, SFLA will get Rutgers best game whatever that may be. And all you guys who were singing the praises of Shiano (sp?) last year....what, all of a sudden he can't coach now? I think it is a trap/sucker line.......

and look at what happened to the vaunted Cincy team last weekend. Held to 24 points by a brutal LOU D and turned it over 40 times in the game. **** happens. I do think it is funny how all of a sudden we have annoited SFLA as the only team that could beat the Patriots. They are human and they will lose at least once along the way....
                            Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-15-2007, 08:32 PM.
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              SFLA IS NOT going to go undefeated this year. It just is too hard. These are 19 and 20 year old kids that don't come to play every week. If they did, we wouldn't have the Stanfords beating the USC's every week. I think this is a sucker line. As HD says, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. RUT will be sky high for this game and lets not forget, they still have a chance to win the conference with some help. If you play the old, team A beat team B and team B beat team C **** Nitts, you wouldn't have any upsets. I think Rutgers was looking ahead last week at Syracuse which is why they came out asleep. I can promise you one thing, SFLA will get Rutgers best game whatever that may be. And all you guys who were singing the praises of Shiano (sp?) last year....what, all of a sudden he can't coach now? I think it is a trap/sucker line.......

and look at what happened to the vaunted Cincy team last weekend. Held to 24 points by a brutal LOU D and turned it over 40 times in the game. **** happens. I do think it is funny how all of a sudden we have annoited SFLA as the only team that could beat the Patriots. They are human and they will lose at least once along the way....
                              The Cincy game def. scares/scared me. College football has been wacky this year.

I agree with you about the "sucker line"...but then again, I thought the Pats/Cowboys was also a sucker line.

Christ..who am i kidding....RU will win it...already down to -2 at 5dimes:laughing:

Comment

I am aware of the trap line, which is why I want talked off the ledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X