No announcement yet.

Week 4 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daws, Agree with the Louisville pick. Louisville in not a very attractive pick in the publics eye, so I'll take them as a home dog on a weeknight and see what happens.:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by jpix View Post
      Daws, Agree with the Louisville pick. Louisville in not a very attractive pick in the publics eye, so I'll take them as a home dog on a weeknight and see what happens.:thumbs:
      Yea, point taken, but there's a reason Louisville isn't a sexy pick - because they haven't had a defense that was even remote useful in a few years and a team that runs the spread, and has traditionally been an offensive juggernaut, is rolling into town tonight (with a very good, mobile QB).

Comment

I'm a Texas A&M fan as Daws knows and I recommend staying away from the game. Yes, Texas A&M lost to Arkansas St. Yes, they lost to Miami last year. Yes the backup QB for Texas A&M is starting (Jerrod Johnson). A&M will never blow a team out no matter how bad the opponent is. They are a scrappy team and that is why they beat Texas last year even though they lost to Miami away. A&M tends to get better and better as the year goes on. I personally think Jerrod Johnson is the better QB here and will make the offense that much better. If McGee were in the game vs. New Mexico the whole time...I believe A&M would have lost. That all being said, Miami is all athletes and they are very fast. I just think there are games out there with better value to bet on than this game. Good luck all!

Comment

well regarding the SEC, I'm starting to change my tune on Fla and LSU. I just think in the long run, that betting on road faves in the SEC will not win you money. And what has LSU done to deserve being a road fave at Aub, especially with an unproven qb? Fla's line is deserved, but Tenn is just as stout as Mia on defense, and UF was 9-3 on Mia through 3, which isnt exactly impressive. Tenn should play this smart and run run run to keep Tebow off the field, and Fla still hasn't shown that anyone other than Tebow can run the ball

Comment

ARIZONA -3.........:dunno:

OK, so UCLA got wiped out last week and hasn't looked great....their top RB is out....but does this ever seem like a trap game. UAZ STINKS....they beat up on 2 Division 411 teams and then got run all over by New Mexico last week....Tuitama makes 3-4 mistakes a game vs. anyone decent. Plus i would say that this will be a very focused UCLA team this week, and it's still one that did beat TENN at home who might be TENN on the road and coached by Fullmer, but they are still heads and shoulders better than the crap in the desert that is coming to town. Arizona is good as a late season underdog when they are sneaking up on people.....i don't think that is the case here and i (a) would be surprised if they won and (b) i don't think it's going to be by more than 3 if they do.

Or this game is a total blowout. I just can't see laying 3 points with a team like UAZ on the road. That kind of play is begging for a bad season.

Haven't played it yet but i am keeping an eye on it. Anyone else have any thoughts?
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on Bama -9.5 over Arkansas? I think Bama should win by 17 but don't like the fact Arkansas hasn't played anyone solid yet and are coming off a bye. It also looks like this series flip flops and Arkansas is due for the cover.
              NCAA Record: 13-11-2

Comment

Originally posted by shetown View Post
                Anyone have thoughts on Bama -9.5 over Arkansas? I think Bama should win by 17 but don't like the fact Arkansas hasn't played anyone solid yet and are coming off a bye. It also looks like this series flip flops and Arkansas is due for the cover.
                game is always "Alabama should win by 40" and the game is always 17-14.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Flyers Fan, I know it!!! Thanks for the early kick in the nuts. I needed it cause it is tempting. Good luck this weekend.
                  NCAA Record: 13-11-2

Comment

Working...
                  X