fading the public

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fading the public

figured i'd post this here, I was thinking....if you find all the games that the public is on 65% or more, and put 50 on the other side of all the games for a whole year, wouldnt you come out on top? obviously there is no right answer and anything can happen, but the public is wrong so much that i would think it would be a great investment. let me know what you guys think, im sure people have talked about doing that but i dont know anyone who actually has tried that.
    Last edited by TheBeholdah; 03-21-2007, 11:35 AM.

I would say that will not work. IMO just cap the games and take the games you like:beerbang:
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I like to look at those numbers during the pro football playoffs, but don't put much stock in them otherwise. Me just calls 'em as me see 'em....and capps them of course!:beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

i wouldnt be able to do that anyway right now, maybe in the future wen i have more money, i would cap games separately anyway and the pub fades would be like a separate system, thanks for the feedback, honestly wen i cap games i hate to even look at the percentages cuz it leads me to second guess games, but it would be interesting to see how consistent fading of the pub would play out

Comment

You would be ok as long as you dont fade the ''MITT'':nuts:
          Every Bet is a good Bet win or lose you still get some action

1 unit=$100

NBA 0-0

NCAABB 0-0

NFL 0-0

NCAAFB 5-8 -8 units

Comment

It'd work for a profit when you get into the 70%+ range. Im almost sure of it. (with nba and nfl)

Not sure about college.

Also, you'd need a fat bankroll to sustain periods of downtimes. Lotsa highs and lows in that I'd think. (good days and bad)

Comment

take a GOOD look at what the BOOKS do when they are gettin' hit dat hard....

:beerbang:

Comment

What you want to do is check out lines that the public is a heavy consensus on and the line swings the other way. Preferably low spread games.

Comment

Everytime I have used the public majority as a factor in my capping (just saying when I have), it usually results in a loss for me...so I don't even look it up if I can avoid it.
                  :glass: MLB 20-20
                  :chaching: Soccer 9-4
                  :blackeye: NBA 0-3
                  :phew: Nascar 2-4

Comment

As a general rule of thumb, I fade masterl

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                      As a general rule of thumb, I fade masterl
                      And QuickNick:beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar View Post
                        Everytime I have used the public majority as a factor in my capping (just saying when I have), it usually results in a loss for me...so I don't even look it up if I can avoid it.

Murphy's Law in action for you!The gambling gods are smarter than the public!

Comment

prime example, the public was all over texas a&m. memphis gets there

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                            take a GOOD look at what the BOOKS do when they are gettin' hit dat hard....

:beerbang:
                            Couldn't have said it better myself.

Plus, use the public percentage and line moves to look for reasons WHY plays look too easy to the public, yet the line may be holding steady or moving opposite the public.

Comment

How anyone here doesn't consider themselves to be a part of the public baffles me.

Comment

Working...
                              X