JESUS H CHRIST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rothko View Post
    Who are you fellas voting for and why? No cut and paste articles just who do you support and why in a few lines! You guys seem to know what you're talking about so help me out here!
    you gotta seriously consider whose gonna bring the business back to your business as for me im an obama man short and sweet i cant side with a man who mixes up the Sunni and Shiite, wants to stay in the middle east for who knows how long, has a 95% voting record in agreement with george bush since hes been in office, and i don't feel as if a man who is 71yrs old can truly relate to the problems my family goes through everyday and many other "middle class" families throughout this country ......ok ill end there i could keep going on but i wont as rothko made strict orders of short and sweet
    Last edited by dananderson32; 06-11-2008, 11:08 PM.
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Q seems to have an opinion about everything these days so hows about helping me pick a presidential candidate worf a ****! I'm at odds because I'm back to the "lesser of two evils" theory and I hate that!
      LOL you fcker!

I'm actually in the same boat, just because I shoot my mouth off does not mean I know what I'm talking about lol.

Just consider this harsh truth/trends, and I am no way trying to offend anyone but...

I can only perceive what I've been alive for, or consciously knew about thereby though I was born during the Reagan administration, I can only attempt to coherently comment on 1992 and beyond. I figured Bill Clinton took advantage of a weak economy and Bush Sr.'s lack of a real plan to fix the economy back in '92 did him in.

as a result 8 years later, Bush Jr. took advantage of Clinton's "moral/adultery" issues to garner not only the "already there" conservative votes, but the sought after "on the fence" voters who desired "integrity" back in the White House (and the infamous Nascar dads) even though he lost the popular vote, but won the electoral vote. Case in point, he really didn't take that much advantage.

4 years later, the undeniable trend that voters tend to stick to the incumbent in times of war for fear of escalating the problem or demanding the incumbent to see it out saw us reelect ol' Dubya. I say this now because his list of supporters grows thinner by the day.

and now as a result, because of his immense unpopularity, and the natural blame towards his party, we've seen many take advantage of this in platforming themselves towards candidacy aka H. Clinton and B. Obama.

It's the simple truth to me, for a country capable/still undergoing of social changes but sometimes slow at it depending on the situation, I am pleasantly surprised by the success and thus far depth that a woman and a black man have at seeking this year's presidency.

I could very well be wrong and I am assuming but I feel like if Dubya was not such an unpopular president, Clinton and Obama would not have as much success as they (or mainly Obama at this point) do now. Obama is a heavy favorite to win, and though no one can know for sure I just hope he or McCain can turn us around.

I want to say its not about race (if Clinton beat Obama I would be saying its not about gender) but it is. Consider the fact that this country is only 232 years old, about 143 years from the abolishment of slavery, and we are barely 40 years removed from the civil rights movement. If Clinton was a lead candidate imagine the fact that its only been 88 years since women were allowed to vote.

my whole point is its amazing how far and how fast we've come socially/politically in a span of this country's still young history in an overall sense. I sure as hell know though things arent the same in all corners of the country. Even if Obama doesnt win the presidency, the fact he got this far is telling.

Lol anyways Rothko to sum up I have no idea who to vote for, the less of two evils criteria is frustrating to me as well. Depends on your mindset, you're a small business owner, who as president would be in your best interest?

P.S. everything i've said is probably for naught since the latest trends are who has the most $$$, and Bush Jr. has done it 2x, while Obama this year has the most money coming in. So it may come down to who can buy the office =(
      Last edited by Q-Unit; 06-11-2008, 11:30 PM.
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

I'll keep it simple for ya Rothko.

Obama plays poker. He doesnt have a bug up his ass to stop online gambling lol.

McCain was a POW. He has a chip on his shoulder which could very well end up with us having non necessary issues with China.

He's a bush clone as well.

Obama could wreck the country and it'd still be better than what the republicans will do (continue to wipe out the middle class) and that's coming from a lifelong republican.

OBAMA BABY!

Comment

Comment

Dan, I get what you're saying bro! It may seem safer now because of Google or some other bull**** tech device that tracks pedo's AFTER they victimize some poor child but I can't buy into it! The times we are in now are the worst of the lot write it down and book it, Dano! Computers, the web, etc... made the world of sex crimes and debauchery go from some tragic story in Reader's Digest to your very own livingroom!

Nit...serial killers!? LOL!

If you think the 50's were more dangerous than our current 2008...well you seriously need your head examined cause YOU'RE A ******* IDIOT! LOL!

Q seems to have an opinion about everything these days so hows about helping me pick a presidential candidate worf a ****! I'm at odds because I'm back to the "lesser of two evils" theory and I hate that!

Who are you fellas voting for and why? No cut and paste articles just who do you support and why in a few lines! You guys seem to know what you're talking about so help me out here!

Yeah, those damn lying crime statistics. What was I thinking?

Comment

why would anyone, make an uneducated post? :beer2:

Comment

Working...
              X