Lottery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
    You are using the extreme examples. I have a good job with a good income, and play sparingly. I have a better chance of losing mt ass on sporting events than $1 lottery tickets, I can assure you of that. But anything in excess isn't good. If someone is dropping $50 per week on powerball tickets, then that's a problem, and is not the norm IMO. Some people get some excitement out of it. I know my grandparents play religiously(like most old people it seems) and it is a ritual for them to sit down with the Cash5 ticket they each bought and watch the news to find out the numbers. No harm, no foul, it's clean fun for them and keeps them from arguing for 5 minutes. a

If someone wants to play the lottery now and again, who's place is it to call them dumb? What I enjoy and you enjoy may be different.
    Amen brother. I'm in the same boat. Like I (think) I said earlier, you gotta have dreams, and yes, this is more like a fantasy than a dream, but hell, if I win it one day, I promise I won't rub it in to anyone who disagrees with those that do play it. I'll be too busy buying hookers and booze...
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Yes, its throwing your money away when playing the lottery, just like it is when you "rent" some beer or think you know what you are doing when you bet on a sporting event.
      I live on the border of Iowa and Illinois. In Illinois, its a MegaMillions state, so with the jackpot at 370 Million dollars last night, I spent 2 dollars worth of gas to drive over the river and get 2 tix for the big drawing. 1st time I've bought a lottery ticket in Illinois since the last time the drawing was over 300 million, whenever that was.
      Today, I stopped on my way home and bought 1 ticket (in Iowa) for tonight's chance at 120 Million in the Powerball drawings.
      Thats the 1st lottery ticket I've bought in Iowa since the last time the jackpot was over 100 mil(probably about 4-6 weeks ago)
      True story about "winning" the lottery. Years ago my buddy signed me up for the Iowa Lottery birthday club as a joke. He had no idea when my birthday was, so he put down a date in August. So now every August I get a card in the mail from the lottery giving me one free play on one of their machine games.
      last year, it was for the pick 3 game. I go to the store with my card and the clerk asks me what numbers I want to play, I tell her I want to play 9-1-6 as that is my birthday. Remember, this is in AUGUST. She doesn't even bat and eye as she asks me if I want it straight or boxed? WTF? I tell her I got no idea WTF she is talking about and she thens decided she needed to try and explain it. I cut her off and told her to do it however she wanted to. She handed me the ticket and I left. I forgot about the ticket until later that night when they put the numbers up during the local newscast. Holy bat-****, Robin! the numbers were 9-1-6!!!
      :nuts:

I pull the ticket out of my pocket and see that the clerk played the numbers straight only! It meant my ticket was worth 600 bucks!

So I think I'm still 580+ dollars to the good since then, so if I feel like playing the lottery, well, god-damn, I'm a-gonna do it!!!!!!

Comment

"It can happen"...haha...great story...and congrats reds
        If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
        What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Working...
        X