Chris Benoit and family found dead in home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    I agree with Stif....I haven't watched this bull**** for years....it turned into a soap opera based on stereotypes and sex. What happened to the good colourful characters, and technical wrestling? Where have you gone Super Fly Snuka? I know if I had kids, I wouldn't want them watching that garbage.

I also heard on the fan today that the WWE knew that it might have been a murder/suicide the morning of the "tribute" show, but didn't have anything else to put on, so they still ran it. Brutal.

This, the Eddie Guerrero thing, and the Owen Hart debacle (he dies, and the "show" goes on??). I hate the WWE.
    They knew about it in the morning? I thought the cops didnt enter the house till about 3pm on Monday?
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
      They knew about it in the morning? I thought the cops didnt enter the house till about 3pm on Monday?
      The source said they had a pretty good idea because of text messages sent to WWE employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post

Maybe congress should go after these guys instead of wasting their time on Giambi, Bonds, and whoever else they suspect has used steroids in MLB. At least Bonds, Giambi and the rest of the suspected MLB roid users never killed anyone.
        should be both IMO. Steroids like Marijuana are more in demand, more expensive when you ban them, and dont regulate...just like online gambling.

we all may be adults but there's a little bit of kids in all of us. When our parents didnt let us stay up, or stay past curfew, or even eat cookies out of the jar, you think that ever stopped us?

I know these are more serious matters, but the principles apply. the actions of Benoit were deliberate, but who's to say its impossible for him to be "raging" only throughout the whole damn weekend, and isnt it possible to be very angry yet not make a mess at the same time?

I dont know much about steroids but from what beerman has posted, I would have to agree only on the fact that we cannot only assume roid rage was the cause.

either way, the underlying issue of steroid abuse, much like marijuana is handled wrongly when you try to tell people what and what they cant do. abuse will crop up.

I'm not bashing you Stif, but I have to disagree in terms of the fact that I think both MLB and Wrestling (and football ) need to be examined and dealt with closely.

you think this shyt is crazy, we dont need to sit around and wait til Bonds takes a bat to his family one day either! :nuts: :blackeye:
        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Actually, I wasn't in any way saying that I think steroids are ok for use in baseball, football, or any other sport, or that any of the people that have used them ILLEGALLY or AGAINST THE RULES should be excused. Sorry if it came off that way.

What I was saying is that it's common knowledge (and pretty damn obvious) that just about every wrestler takes them now-a-days, along with tons of painkillers and whatever else. Granted, these are grown men who choose their own lifestyle and career, but on the other hand, there is an alarming trend going on, and the fact remains that alot of the substances these guys use are illegal, yet in the area of pro wrestling it's just always overlooked, cause well, no one gives a **** because it's not "real" anyway.....as compared to in baseball where so many are up in arms about long standing and legit records being broken by guys who have juiced up.

It's either both, or none...IMO...as it's just as illegal for a wrestler to use an illegal substance as it is for a baseball or football player, except pro wrestling doesn't have rules prohibiting its participants from using them (which baseball didn't either when these guys were juicing up, am i not correct?)

And now I heard that McMahon released a statement saying Benoit tested negative for roids in his last screening, and plays it off like wrestlers don't do it, and that he actually would do something about it if they did by suggestings they have "screenings"? Shame on you Vince. Then again, McMahon is probably the biggest juicer of them all. I mean pull out a tape from the early 80's when Vince was a broadcaser/interviewer and compare it to how he looks now. How the hell does he go from 150 lbs of "Pencil Neck Geek" as "Classy" Freddie Blassie used to call him, to like 240 lbs of ripped muscle? Yea, I guess he just worked out alot, LMFAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
            And now I heard that McMahon released a statement saying Benoit tested negative for roids in his last screening, and plays it off like wrestlers don't do it, and that he actually would do something about it if they did by suggestings they have "screenings"? Shame on you Vince. Then again, McMahon is probably the biggest juicer of them all. I mean pull out a tape from the early 80's when Vince was a broadcaser/interviewer and compare it to how he looks now. How the hell does he go from 150 lbs of "Pencil Neck Geek" as "Classy" Freddie Blassie used to call him, to like 240 lbs of ripped muscle? Yea, I guess he just worked out alot, LMFAO.
            "roids" are for the lazy man!!!!! Back in the day, I was into carbs, vitamins, & pumpin' the Iron @240lbs!!!! Today(20yrs later), I still have 18" biceps & a
            54"chest... only difference now is, the "beer gut" and the
            extra poundage(270)... anyone that competes regularly, can keep the "ripped" body, without the "roids".... JMO :beer2:

Comment

agreed.

just please dont let ric flair take off his robe/shirt again on public television!

:blackeye: :beer2:
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                agreed.

just please dont let ric flair take off his robe/shirt again on public television!

:blackeye: :beer2:
                :laughing: "Man Boobs" It just happens....:showtits: :drunk:

Comment

Blank
                  Last edited by Kevin; 01-27-2024, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
                    I've never seen the study that says this. Trust me I've done a huge amount of research on the subject so I know what you are saying but the mood swings are normally caused by not cycling the drug correctly. If you steadily increase the dosage of the drug up till a peak and then slowly lower the dosage in a pyramid fashion followed by post cycle therapy you should feel little if any mood alteration. Roid rage is a "myth". Steroids do not make anyone act crazy or loss their temper. The unfortunate truth is that certain people that have a disposition for violence are drawn to the drug.(add muscle to an ******* and you get a Muscle Bound *******) Steroids work and if you use them correctly the harm that can be caused by them really drops to an insignificant amount. Cosmetically speaking you are taking on a much greater risk if you go to have liposuction done or women having a breast implant surgery than you are at risk from steroid use. Abuse on the other hand is something that can be done with just about any substance you put into your body. Take a bottle of aspirin and see where you land. Drink to much water and water becomes toxic. Anything you abuse can hurt you.

Steroids can have a bad physiological effect if you stay on the drugs to long, stack to many steroids together, and take to big a dosage.(dosage is a huge problem because more steroid does not mean more muscle it just means more work for your body) If you use steroids then go cold turkey you can slip into a depressed state. If you already suffer from some type of depressed state the depression brought on by a sudden withdrawal can be devastating. What has the same effect?? I don't know maybe Prozac and other anti depressants??? No one is screaming about those. I'm glad they aren't to because despite the bad press those drugs help a hell of a lot more people than they hurt.

The fact of the matter is that wrestling is not living a legit life. Everyone that knows about the WWE or what was the WWF and WCW knows what the behaviour of these guys are behind the scenes. They do a bunch of drugs, they don't sleep as much as they need, they abuse themselves physically and mentally and people are wondering why so many of them live short lives?? Nothing different than burn out rockstars that die young. Abuse your body long enough and it will turn on you.

The press is great for inaccurate information and they seem very convincing but lets look at the truth of the situation. This guy was clearly off his rocker and how he got there is probably a combo of a ton of different things he was doing wrong.

Agreed 100%. roid rage is a myth indeed. So many people are misinformed about the topic as a whole and jump to conclusions without actually knowing what the drug does. Great response.

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                      The more I read about this case, the more I am convinced, there was someone else involved!:beer2: Time will tell!
                      I hope you are right, homedawg. Doubt it...but truly hope Benoit didn't do that to his wife and 7 year old.

But this whole situation just keeps getting weirder and weirder....check this out....

Time Stamps Indicate Benoit Death Reported About 14 Hours Before Police Found Bodies

Thursday, June 28, 2007

By Blane Bachelor

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy about 14 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.com said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

Wikipedia.org's computers are set to record Standard and Universal Time, a spokesman told FOXNews.com.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.”

The posting was apparently made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas, with the last phrase noted in red to indicate an edit made to the original entry.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

“I chat with other editors on IRC -- Internet relay chat -- and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning,” said Wikipedia.org volunteer coordinator Cary Bass. “I called and left a message with the police department.”

The computer-generated time and date stamp of the Benoit entry are listed as 4:01, 25 June 2007. Wikipedia.org lists its entries according to Universal Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time.

A message left by FOXNews.com with Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department was not immediately returned.

Investigators so far have ruled the Benoit killings as a double homicide-suicide.

Wikipedia.org claims to be one of the largest reference Web sites, and is written collaboratively by users from around the world. Approved users can make submissions and change entries that are posted on the site almost immediately. Bass said the site is constantly monitored to correct inaccuracies.

Bass said when there is a high-profile case, such as the Benoit killlings, Wikipedia.org limits postings to registered users, which is now indicated at the top of the Benoit entry. According to the listed history on the Benoit entry, the computer used to post the 12:01 a.m. entry had a Stamford, Conn., Internet Protocol — or IP — address, a numeric designation that is assigned to every computer with an Internet connection, and that same address has been used to post about a dozen other messages on the site, dating back to May 16, 2007.

FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan — ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.

Martel, who had a reputation as one of the top managers in pro wrestling, was found dead at her mother’s home in near Birmingham, Ala., on June 15. She was 49.

Investigators, who have not yet determined Martel's cause of death, say foul play is not suspected but that Martel did not die of natural causes.

I'm don't think the wikipedia thing is that big of a deal...probably just a hacker getting his jollies off on a tragedy...but the Sherri Martel thing is pretty strange. All these people knew each other and were linked to this Kevin Sullivan guy....and now they're dead. Probably a coincidence...but pretty strange nonetheless.
                      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I would like to know how the media thinks that a guy that has gone 22 years in pro wrestling and probably doing roids for 20 years that has shown no major signs of roid rage ever before all the sudden has a three day roid rage?? He was so raging that he put bibles down at the feet of his Son and Wife.

If anything is to blame here it might be depression or just psychosis.

Yeah the whole deal is getting a bit strange but good for the DEA that they are probably gonna ruin another persons life above the three already lost. I'm sure this doctor is gonna have a hard time explaining the test prescription.
                        Just more examples of how the old way of dealing with things is outdated and worthless.
                        I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
                        2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
                        3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
                          I would like to know how the media thinks that a guy that has gone 22 years in pro wrestling and probably doing roids for 20 years that has shown no major signs of roid rage ever before all the sudden has a three day roid rage?? He was so raging that he put bibles down at the feet of his Son and Wife.
                          You know he showed no major signs of rage? From what I heard, he had been abusive to her in the past, and they had seperated several times...

He put the bibles AFTER the rage because of a little thing called remorse...probably many hours after...

Comment

He put the bibles AFTER the rage because of a little thing called remorse...

:conf: Serial killers often leave a 'signature' :beer2:

Comment

You know he showed no major signs of rage? From what I heard, he had been abusive to her in the past, and they had seperated several times...

He put the bibles AFTER the rage because of a little thing called remorse...probably many hours after...

I think that beerman was referring to the fact that every single person that was close to Benoit has unequivocally stated that he was one of the nicest and reserved people they had ever met. Let's face it...who was around Benoit more? Fellow wrestlers or his family? Those guys are on the road like 300-320 days a year. I watched a little of Nancy Grace last night (boy, she's a winner) and Chris Jericho was interviewed. Jericho and Benoit were together in Japan, ECW, WCW and WWE and were best of friends. He said that Benoit never raised his voice, never got angry and would actually be the peacemaker in any situations that got out of hand. He said he never could have believed Benoit was capable of something like he did. He did say that roids might have had something to do with what happened, but he believed Benoit had some major psychological issues which were never brought to the surface in the 15 some odd years they were best friends and on the road together.

Now, that's not to say that Benoit didn't go home and act totally differently in the privacy of his own home. Nancy Benoit did file for divorce and a restraining order in 03 or 04...but she later dismissed it. In my line of work, I see a lot of restraining orders...a lot of them are frivilous...one spouse (almost always the woman) trying to get a "leg up" on the custody battle that will occur through the divorce. Clearly, it seems that Nancy's petition had merit...but she dismissed it nonetheless.

Its just strange that NOBODY but Nancy saw the violent side of Benoit....one would think that if he had it in him to kill his wife, child and himself, that at some point over the past...say 10 years...someone would have seen at least ONE violent tendency from the guy....but it never happened.

Guess that's what makes this situation so bizarre.
                              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

BTW, if he was such a "holy man", then why wasn't there a bible by himself???????:beer2:

Comment

Working...
                                X