Need 2 picks tonight, Some Early Leans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    Admitting when you were wrong, instead of making excuses about why you lost (not that the game is over, but it seems like you are basically conceding defeat for the Cavs) is a very big part of how you become a better handicapper, just like with anything else in life.
    Best thing (and maybe only good thing?) said in this thread! :thumbs:
    That's one thing I learned EARLY when I started coming to this site years ago....and 420 should pipe down and learn that too, IMO...

Wow...the freaks are out tonight! :beer2:

Comment

Lucked out? Detroit is up 24 as I type this. Lebron is a great player, there's no disputing that, but seriously....

Truth be told, Cleveland is in a horrible spot tonight (4th in 5 nights and off an emotional OT win) and playing a rested, championship caliber team. The game had blowout written all over it, and the oddsmakers were telling you so by making the line unusually high.

Admitting when you were wrong, instead of making excuses about why you lost (not that the game is over, but it seems like you are basically conceding defeat for the Cavs) is a very big part of how you become a better handicapper, just like with anything else in life.

Again, my 2 cents

Obviously you don't pay attention to the games. "Truth be told" The Cavs were on a run going into the halftime and Lebron was on his way to another good game. Making excuses why I lost? It is a pretty huge blow when the best player in the league doesn't play in the 2nd half. Congrats on the win. From now on don't respond or make anymore comments towards me if you are going to start **** or show me up. All I did was talk basketball today and people ganged up on me for no reason.
      Last edited by TheGoods420; 11-29-2007, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoods420 View Post
        Even the predictem featured pick is saying bet on the Pistons. http://www.predictem.com/nba/cavaliers-pistons.php

Just like yesterday they told everyone to bet the over on the Cavs and Boston and they lucked out because it went to OT. Why bet over 194 against those defenses? I don't give any credit to predictem's nba featured picks because I have noticed they are usually wrong. I was going to take the Warriors against the Suns but they said the Warriors are not ready for the Suns blah blah blah, I'm done reading their posted plays because they are bs. At least for nba anyway.
        i think that might be the post that got homedawg goin, so i'm not sure how he started it....just throwin my 2cents in.....maybe just let it go though 420 you got a good record posting nba here so you clearly know what's going on soooo just let it go man and keep postin your picks just throwin my 2cent in again, so 4cents total thrown in :thumbs:
        **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

Didn't mean to offend him, but even on a different thread homedawg called me out and said why are you posting here or some bs before I even wrote that. I take back what I said about their featured nba picks.

Tough card tonight went 3-3. In my opinion I had a 50% chance of covering in that Cavs game if Lebron played.

Peace and gl to you manmy.
          Last edited by TheGoods420; 11-29-2007, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoods420 View Post
            Obviously you don't pay attention to the games. "Truth be told" The Cavs were on a run going into the halftime and Lebron was on his way to another good game. Making excuses why I lost? It is a pretty huge blow when the best player in the league doesn't play in the 2nd half. Congrats on the win. From now on don't respond or make anymore comments towards me if you are going to start **** or show me up. All I did was talk basketball today and people ganged up on me for no reason.
            You just don't get it :ohman:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              Wow...the freaks are out tonight! :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                You just don't get it :ohman:
                No, he doesn't. As long as he thinks everyone who disagrees is picking on him, and keeps making up excuses when he makes a terrible pick (like this one), he's never going to get it either.

I make my share of awful picks.....we all do, and I'm not picking on or starting **** with anyone. But honestly dude, the Cavs made a "nice little run" going into the half. So what? The play was Cavs +8.5 for the WHOLE GAME....and they proceeded to get ******* spanked in the 2nd half by 30 points and lose by 35.

Lebron wasn't gonna make a pinch of difference, seeings as how the rest of the Cavs team flat out sucked in the 2H, probably due to tired legs....which gets back to the main reasoning behind the reason Detroit was the correct play in the first place.

Nice call on Houston too Homedawg. I didn't see that one coming....despite the line move in their favor, but they were clearly the right pick and ended up getting the SU win, quite convincingly from the parts of the game I saw....even though it didn't hurt that they were hitting like 65 or 70% from 3 point land, lol. Still, it was clear PHX was struggling to score big time, and were outplayed too. Nice hit.

Comment

I make my share of awful picks.....we all do, and I'm not picking on or starting **** with anyone. But honestly dude, the Cavs made a "nice little run" going into the half. So what? The play was Cavs +8.5 for the WHOLE GAME....and they proceeded to get ******* spanked in the 2nd half by 30 points and lose by 35.
                  The extent of his capping was obviously "Cleveland is really good, they have Lebron, they shouldn't be 8.5 underdogs."

Goods, put your pride aside and listen to what these people are telling you. The line was begging you to take Cleveland (just like Dallas over GB tonight, IMO). You have to take into consideration what these people are saying (Back to back games for Cleveland...etc). Soak it up and you'll become a better capper :thumbs:

Just some advice. I've been around these guys a couple years and heave learned a TON, and its reflected in my success...which is what this should be about; not competing for records, making excuses, starting fights, chest bumping or attention whoring "I was 4-1 yesterday, today's plays" "Play of the Century, its a Lock" or "Anyone tailing me?". At the end of the day we all want to make a little coin and should be about sharing information, which is paramount to records posted IMO.

I don't even post much, but im still here every day because the information I find here is crucial to my eventual plays. Also its fun to make fun of FlyersFan, so I need to stop by and get in my kicks on that front...

Brush yourself off, you're going to lose plenty of plays in the future. You have to learn from this. Trust me you'll find plenty of lines that don't make sense to you, and usually the books are begging you to take that line which seems so generous to you. Those are the situations where its best to side with the books.

Good Luck.

p.s. I bet you're about 17 years old or so...
                  Last edited by GMoney; 11-29-2007, 07:22 PM.
                  its my way or the lame way.

2016 NFL:
                  straight up 14-7-1 (+10.9u)
                  parlays 0-1 (-1u)
                  total: +9.9u

Comment

Working...
                  X