• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
    Let that **** ride Philly :wave:
    :beerbang:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Dallas -120 wouldnt sound that bad either ... I really think Game 5 is going to take a lot out of GS, not playing with a deep bench, and they have a team full of head cases and losing a game they had can take alot out of a team, I have seen collapses like this before and looks like the making of another one IMO, Im figuring right now though I can make a little profit off this series regardless
      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
        Let that **** ride Philly :wave:
        trust me I want the Warriors to win, but something about this loss tonight has me worrying about the Warriors

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

it wouldn't be a +1000 wager if you weren't a bit worried :beer2:

Dallas was very fortunate to win this game.... Dirk misses that 3 & it's over. You think the Warriors are just going to lay down? They still played one hell of a 2ndh, & should come out fired up. Curious to see what the total will be... I'm thinking over again
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

We're talking $10... not worth making a $50 negative expectation bet just to "ensure a profit".

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
              We're talking $10... not worth making a $50 negative expectation bet just to "ensure a profit".
              I just want to make money and I see this as an opportunity even if it is a small amount to make more money, isnt that the point of sports gambling to make money... yea it is 10 dollars, but 10 can turn into a 100 if the Warriors win...and if I make a 50-60 dollar bet on the Mavs now and they win I still turn out +50 bucks at a cheap price, and if the MAVS lose then I still make 50 bucks....it might be a small amount but Im just looking to make money whenever I see the chance to, thats why I gamble on sports to make a profit

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

great game, just found this thread.

I'm glad there will be a game six.. :beerbang:
                Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                  I just want to make money and I see this as an opportunity even if it is a small amount to make more money, isnt that the point of sports gambling to make money... yea it is 10 dollars, but 10 can turn into a 100 if the Warriors win...and if I make a 50-60 dollar bet on the Mavs now and they win I still turn out +50 bucks at a cheap price, and if the MAVS lose then I still make 50 bucks....it might be a small amount but Im just looking to make money whenever I see the chance to, thats why I gamble on sports to make a profit
                  You're missing the point. If you use sports betting to make a living and had laid a considerable amount on the Warriors then the appropriate action might be to hedge if by wagering on the Mavs you're ensuring this type of profit will allow you to make more postive expectation bets in the future (or to earn a better living), although it's rarely the right choice to make a bet with a negative expectation.

As I see it, you can live without the $10 you bet, and you can live without the $100 it potentially will earn you, and you can live without the $50 or so you make by hedging with a bet that provides you with a negative expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
                    You're missing the point. If you use sports betting to make a living and had laid a considerable amount on the Warriors then the appropriate action might be to hedge if by wagering on the Mavs you're ensuring this type of profit will allow you to make more postive expectation bets in the future (or to earn a better living), although it's rarely the right choice to make a bet with a negative expectation.

As I see it, you can live without the $10 you bet, and you can live without the $100 it potentially will earn you, and you can live without the $50 or so you make by hedging with a bet that provides you with a negative expectation.
                    I agree with RJP, Eeegs. If anything, I would bet $10 on the Mavs so you break even if they win and you win $85-90 or so if GSW gets it done. You are going to have NO FUN watching the remaining games if you hedge in that fashion because if GSW wins then you will be pissed that you hedged. I would buy back the GSW bet $8-8.50 (whatever equals $10) and enjoy yourself and root for the Warriors like you have been all series!!!!t

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                      I agree with RJP, Eeegs. If anything, I would bet $10 on the Mavs so you break even if they win and you win $85-90 or so if GSW gets it done. You are going to have NO FUN watching the remaining games if you hedge in that fashion because if GSW wins then you will be pissed that you hedged. I would buy back the GSW bet $8-8.50 (whatever equals $10) and enjoy yourself and root for the Warriors like you have been all series!!!!t
                      Great point Cuse...buy back JUST the bet, then you still have a definite side to cheer for, and have ALMOST as good of a take...

Comment

Working...
                      X