***Homedog Heaven! Week 4 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Slight leans on the Vikings, Cards & Browns, but I don't think when it comes down to it I can; A) back that Minny offence against a hot Farve, and a surprisngly good Packer defence...maybe getting 3+, but not at a near pickem.....
    I keep hearing all this talk about how surprisingly good the Packers D is, but I really am not sold on them & think Minny's D is better. The GB D may have entered the season underrated, but IMO they may be overhyped.

The Vikings have the 3rd best rush D statistically allowing just 2.5 ypc. The Packers allow 3.7. Minny is ranked 8th in pass D & GB is 16th. The Vikings have 11 sacks (trumped only by Phiily's 14 & the Steeler's 12). They are also tied for 4th in the leahue with 5 interceptions.....

Against Philly GB allowed 4.3 ypc. Against the Giants they allow 5.9 ypc & 211 passing. At home vs SD they did well vs the run allowing just 62 yards to LT. However, they allow 306 & 3 td through the air! Granted these are 3 teams that are much better offensively than the Vikings (at least passing wise), but you have an absolute beast in Peterson- The Vikings avg 5.1 ypc vs ATL, 3.7 vs Det, & 4.2 vs. KC. Overall they avg 4.3 ypc. I think that the Vikings will be able to move the ball on the ground. Of course GB will load up on the run & make Holocomb beat them, but I do think Minny will be able to stop the run, put pressure on Favre, & possibly get some turnovers....

The thing that scares me most about the Steelers game is that Zona has allowed 4 ypc & the Steelers are the #1 ruishing attack so far, avg 198 per game & 5.5 ypc. They could wear the Cards D out & blow it open late. Pretty much the same thing scres me in the Browns game- A bad defense allowing 4.5 ypc, the Ravens D is still there......I actually think I'd play the Lions before the Browns. Oh god I dunno they are both money burners LoL.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
      only problem for me with these are that all the above games with home dogs previous weeks was fairly easy to predict the outcome... this weeks games are a little harder to digest for me... first thought no brainer picks when i see the board would be

steelers -6
      jets -3.5
      packers -1

steelers look solid
      bills look terrible
      packers are hot gotta ride em till the lose

all these games i had pre capped myself

steelers -9
      jets -6.5
      packers -3

all the lines are under what i though makes me want to take them now...
      I have to disagree with you saying the previous home dogs were easy outcomes to predict. I think outside the Cards over Seahawks, they were pretty damn tough plays to make. Fading Indy 2x, SD, Philly, NO, Cincy & Denver?

Are you saying these were the first picks that looked "too easy"? You think the Steelers should be favored by 9 on the road? They were only favored by 9-10 @ home vs SF. Arizona lost 2 road games by 3 pts each to SF & the Ravens, & beat the Seahawks at home! If they were catching 9 pts, I would be all over it. The Jets lost big to NE, lost to the Ravens & beat the Fins (who are just as bad as the Bills) @ home by 3 pts. No way in hell would -6.5 be justified- honestly if it wasn't for all the injuries, I'd already be on the Bills! I tend to agree with you on the Giants, but only if no Lito. Dawkins back scares me a bit....
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

i really think the jets are a solid play. the bills are just in a bad situation right now, so many injuries expecially on defense and now they gotta throw the rookie out there. should be a real conservative game plan. i would imagine the jets will make it a priority in practice this week to defend the screen pass better, they got torched by the dolphins but should have an easier time defending it uere. i dont expect the bills to be able to stretch the field very much. jets are healthier and more complete right now so i'm gonna roll with Jmen here. however this is still the nfl where any given sunday a team like the brownies can hang a 50+ spot.

Comment

For the life of me, I can't see why any of you guys like the giants this week. Their defense is pitiful. The eagles held the #1 pass offense in my mind, to 21 pts with will james, joselio hansen, sheldon brown, and quinten mikell in their secondary. Thats 3 back ups. 14 sacks in 3 games, and its not like the giants offensive line is any good? Provide me with some reasons fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
            Run Rudy Run and short passes. Eat clock.
            Looks like Rudy is now "doubtful" for the Bungals.
            Loving the Pats even more...

Comment

I heard that this morning as well. Oh well.
              a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
              Sides: +17.4 units
              Totals: +0 units
              In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
              Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

I know this is not the most objective point of view, but I believe the Falcons are a good play this week. I've watched every minute of every game so far for the falcons and yes it doesn't show in the record, but the offense has made pretty significant improvements every game. The falcons could very easily be 2-1 and 1-2 at the minimum. In the Jacksonville game, if we have a real kicker and make those 2 late field goals, its a completely different game. But nope, we got some sorry rookie kicker who's no longer in the league. And then last game vs the Panthers. That game was handed to Carolina on a silver platter. with the missed FG on the botched snap early, Warrick Dunn's fumble after the loong run early...but despite those 2, the Falcons were still up by 7 late in the 3rd...Until DeAngello Hall complety lost his damn head and account 70 yards in penalty on ONE drive!! Anyway...all I'm saying is the Falcons aren't as bad as their record indicates, and their catching the Texans at a time where they're not 100%...IMO they win straight up this week for their 1st win this year......i know i know...it's a homer play!

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                  I know this is not the most objective point of view, but I believe the Falcons are a good play this week.
                  Aren't the Falcons, Lakers, Yellowjackets & Braves always a good play?? lol j/k

GL Bookie....but no way I'm going near the Falcons, lol! :blackeye:

:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    Aren't the Falcons, Lakers, Yellowjackets & Braves always a good play?? lol j/k

GL Bookie....but no way I'm going near the Falcons, lol! :blackeye:

:beerbang:

well..yeah..of course they're always a good play! I'm just pissed that after I stop playing bases, the braves decided to get hot...winning the last 9 out of 10...

:nuts:

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                      For the life of me, I can't see why any of you guys like the giants this week. Their defense is pitiful. The eagles held the #1 pass offense in my mind, to 21 pts with will james, joselio hansen, sheldon brown, and quinten mikell in their secondary. Thats 3 back ups. 14 sacks in 3 games, and its not like the giants offensive line is any good? Provide me with some reasons fellas.

considine played last week so they only had 2 back ups in secondary...

eagles def not what scares me.. eagles wide recievers scare me... if giants bump and run them mcnabb is gonna have long day... dawkins will be busy all day with shockey, leaves sheldon brown 5' 10" vs plaxico buress 6' 5" eli gonna go deep all day on them toomer is back too if the giants go 3 wide vs eagles and lito shepard doesnt play buress will have a field day...

plus giants are at home after beat a division opponent, my eagles just beat the lions... who havent proven much to me at least this year other than kitna can throw for massive fantasy yards...

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
                        considine played last week so they only had 2 back ups in secondary...

eagles def not what scares me.. eagles wide recievers scare me... if giants bump and run them mcnabb is gonna have long day... dawkins will be busy all day with shockey, leaves sheldon brown 5' 10" vs plaxico buress 6' 5" eli gonna go deep all day on them toomer is back too if the giants go 3 wide vs eagles and lito shepard doesnt play buress will have a field day...
                        Over might be the play? :dunno:
                        Mcnabb & Eli going deep on the questionable secondary matchups on both sides of the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                          Are you saying these were the first picks that looked "too easy"? You think the Steelers should be favored by 9 on the road? They were only favored by 9-10 @ home vs SF. Arizona lost 2 road games by 3 pts each to SF & the Ravens, & beat the Seahawks at home! If they were catching 9 pts, I would be all over it. The Jets lost big to NE, lost to the Ravens & beat the Fins (who are just as bad as the Bills) @ home by 3 pts. No way in hell would -6.5 be justified- honestly if it wasn't for all the injuries, I'd already be on the Bills! I tend to agree with you on the Giants, but only if no Lito. Dawkins back scares me a bit....

well first i dont think its fair to compair ravens to the steelers...
                          steelers like the patriots pounded 3 teams in a row
                          baltimore is a let down team already
                          which they shoulda lost to the jets previous week

arizona looked terrible in the terrible game vs san fran monday night

in which san fran def is better than the birds and pitt went to town on them...
                          this is another setup for a pounding by steelers again.. imo

i dont like bills cause linebacker and quarterback are out.. plus i think with clemens running the offense in jet land i think they will start to get better each week and be a wild card contender this year...:thumbs:

Comment

BTW on the Eagles-Giants.....

Sheldon Brown covered PLaxico Burress last year, not Lito Sheppard.....so there isnt any difference there....I am not worried about the Eagles recievers vs the Giants secondary and the bumping, because Reggie Brown and company had big games vs them last year, Eagles scored 24 and 36 versus them last year...Eagles o-line should be able to protect McNabb and that will give him time to find his targets and McNabb is only getting more mobile as the weeks go on without his knee brace, I also think the Eagles match up very well vs the Giants...They have a weak secondary, weak linebackers, and I think our o-line can hold up vs their d-line....personally I see an Eagles victory by 7-10 pts
                            To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                            2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                              BTW on the Eagles-Giants.....

Sheldon Brown covered PLaxico Burress last year, not Lito Sheppard.....so there isnt any difference there....I am not worried about the Eagles recievers vs the Giants secondary and the bumping, because Reggie Brown and company had big games vs them last year, Eagles scored 24 and 36 versus them last year...Eagles o-line should be able to protect McNabb and that will give him time to find his targets and McNabb is only getting more mobile as the weeks go on without his knee brace, I also think the Eagles match up very well vs the Giants...They have a weak secondary, weak linebackers, and I think our o-line can hold up vs their d-line....personally I see an Eagles victory by 7-10 pts

eagles also had dauntee stalworth last year when they played the giants....

Comment

The Eagles receiving corps is a huge question this year IMO, and that is why I think the Giants may be able to expose them. Westbrook is awesome, and they have good backups, but Reid refuses to pound the football and until he does his team will not have the success it is capable of having.

Comment

Working...
                                X