***Homedog Heaven! Week 4 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
    considine played last week so they only had 2 back ups in secondary...

eagles def not what scares me.. eagles wide recievers scare me... if giants bump and run them mcnabb is gonna have long day... dawkins will be busy all day with shockey, leaves sheldon brown 5' 10" vs plaxico buress 6' 5" eli gonna go deep all day on them toomer is back too if the giants go 3 wide vs eagles and lito shepard doesnt play buress will have a field day...

plus giants are at home after beat a division opponent, my eagles just beat the lions... who havent proven much to me at least this year other than kitna can throw for massive fantasy yards...

I know considine played, but the lions were in 3 and 4 WR sets msot of the game thats why i mentioned hansen. Have you guys forgotten how terrible the giants defense is? The eagles make 2 bad plays on the PR against GB and they automatically suck? What did nyg do against GB? Got blown out at home. What brett favre did to GB he didnt do to the eagles. I hate to say this, but eagles are better than most of you want to admit. when has the eagles not having a premiere WR core ever mattered? Give mcnabb james thrash he goes to the nfc champ game, give him todd pinkston he goes to the nfc championship game. You dont need awesome WR to succeed on andy's team. My final question is, who on the giants can contain westbrook? Not one of them. THeir LB are atrocious. That's my stand on that game.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
      well first i dont think its fair to compair ravens to the steelers...
      steelers like the patriots pounded 3 teams in a row
      baltimore is a let down team already
      which they shoulda lost to the jets previous week
      I wasn't comparing them with each other, but rather asking how you came up with a line of Steelers-9 on the road when they were 10 pt faves at home last week. While the Steelers may be a better team overall than the Ravens, exactly who have they played again? Oh yeah, the Browns, Bills & SF in a bad spot. The Ravens didn't cover the last 2 games, but does that really make them a letdown team? The Ravens dominated 75% of the Jets game...
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Regarding the Eagles/Giants game....

I don't think I'll be playing a side, as I could make arguments for both sides. If Dawkins & Lito were both out, I'd look deeper into the Giants. I'm not sold on playing the Eagles as road chalk just because they beat Detroit at home last week. I'm not a fan of laying points on a road team in a divisional matchup to begin with (though I did it week 1 with the Steelers). Kitna was sacked 9 times, but was 29-46 for 446 yards! I know the Giants secondary is bad, but how good is the Eagles secondary without Lito? The Giants held the Skins to just 3 ypc last week, & can get pressure on a qb. I said it last week too, but I really like Ward in the backfield- gives Eli a good option out of the backfield & checkdown. On the other hand, McNabb should be able find open wrs (& more importantly Westbrook) enough to move the ball- no way do the Giants just shut down the Eagles offense. I guess if I had to make a play on this game it would be the over 47.5. I really don't like playing high totals ( 27-20 is a decent game scorewise & still falls under this total), but like JML said with secondaries that are prone to giving up the big play, paired with a ton of offensive weaponry on both sides of the ball, it's over or no play for me. Daws makes some pretty convincing arguments for staying the hell away from the Giants, that's what I'll do........

Comment

I agree UD....it's over or no play for me....but with a 47.5 total....likely a no play altogether.....but wait, it's a Sunday Primetimer, so I'll likely lay a unit on one play regardless....lol...

Comment

Daws, while I applaud your enthusiasm, sometimes it is hard to take off the "rose colored classes" when looking at your own team. That is why I rarely give advice on PSU or the Steelers(and never bet on them, besides last week on PSU), it's just too hard to look at it objectively.

Comment

i hear ya nittany. i also do not bet on eagles games, but I can still give some solid input on my team even if some think i am baised, im really not. I'll tell you times when i think the eagles will lose, but i just dont see this weekend as one of those. Take a look at westbrooks career stats against the giants. he has like 120 carries for almost 600 yards, 340 yds receiving and 9 tds. oh and 1 PR for a td to kill the giants season.

Comment

Love love love Arizona. Weisenhut going up against his old squad...always an advantage, not to mention he's more than a little pissed he was passed up for the HC spot. Steelers heading West as well is also a good sign for Arizona backers. Stiff or Yo I know has some stats on East teams going west. Never easy to do...

Cards at home look like a live dog to me :beerbang:

Also loving the Viks and Niners

Giants/Eagles you're better off shooting dice. Who knows what teams, on both sides, will come to play. Just by looking at the line I think Vegas is expecting alot of Eagles love after a ass-whoopin on Detroit (impressed anyone?). Giants at home coming off the Redskins win they had no business winning...Better games to play IMO.
                Last edited by GMoney; 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM.
                its my way or the lame way.

2016 NFL:
                straight up 14-7-1 (+10.9u)
                parlays 0-1 (-1u)
                total: +9.9u

Comment

Anyone look at the Den/Ind game? I was amazed at the low passing yards permitted by the defense of Denver and then Even more amazed at how bad the defense of denver has been against the run. I hate playin on Indy becuase I think their lines are always overblown. But if Denver can't stop the run it will be a long day for the Broncos. Anyone check this one out?
                  a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                  Sides: +17.4 units
                  Totals: +0 units
                  In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                  Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by GMoney View Post
                    on East teams going west. Never easy to do...
                    agree with ya G-Money on the wisenhunt thing, I like Zona too, but I dunno about the east to west thing.

I figure going East from West is harder, losing 3 hours, and playing earlier than youre used to?

could be wrong. :nuts:
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                      Anyone look at the Den/Ind game? I was amazed at the low passing yards permitted by the defense of Denver and then Even more amazed at how bad the defense of denver has been against the run. I hate playin on Indy becuase I think their lines are always overblown. But if Denver can't stop the run it will be a long day for the Broncos. Anyone check this one out?
                      I'll be on Indy. I hate laying so many points this week, but I think they are the right plays. Denver barely beats bads teams in Buffalo and Oakland, and then gets blown out by Jax at home? Now they get to go into Indy for the Colts return home? Like Indy to roll...pounding the ball with Addai, and selectively getting the recivers involved when the run is working. Colts at home are tough, and are due for a blowout.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how the Steeler players respond to facing their old coaches. I know Wiz said some things that Ben took to heart as he went out the door and he is determined to "shove it up his ass" this weekend. Other players, like Alan Faneca, really wanted Russ Grimm as the next head coach, so we may see some "soft play" out of him, due to his liking of Grimm and the scuffle he had with Tomlin upon his arrival. In terms of "coaches facing their old team" I feel that the Steelers have the advantage in this one. They know how Wiz will gameplan for a team like themselves(even though his gameplans usually SUCKED in Pittsburgh).

I won't bet on it, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Hey UDOG I think the Bills will be well prepared for the Jets who are an average team at best and will underestimate the Bills. I think Bills will keep it simple and use that good drive Edwards had as motivation and win this game SU. Go get em this week.
                          :bang: 1 unit = 100 CAD

NCAAF
                          14-19 -1115

NFL
                          4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
                          1-1 0

NHL
                          3-5 -175

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                            Denver has held the opposing team's passing game down, but it's not that tough when you face Buffalo, Oakland & Jax. Despite gaining over 400 yards of total offense, the Broncos barely beat the Bills/Raider. The Jags absolutely dominated last week, rushing for 186 & holding Denver to 47 yards. While I will likely never play on Indy in a road game, I will probably never bet against them at home. Addai is avg 4.2 ypc, & I don't care how good the Broncos pass D is, Manning will move the ball. IMO Colts or no play....

Comment

U-Dog, without looking at the stats due to some time constraints, the Broncos' good pass D numbers may be due to the fact that teams have just run all over them and not really needed to chuck the football. This may not be the case, but just making sure the pass D numbers aren't a misleading, loaded stat.

Comment

Nitts- Good point. I do think the Broncos have a good secondary, but I don't think it matters vs the Colts at home... Peyton may not be hooking up with Harrison on 40+ pass plays, but he'll be taking what the D gives him. I would advise Fantasy guys to start Dallas Clark!

Some thoughts on the Bills game.....

I don't know what the general consencus is on the Jets, but they are not a playoff team IMO. I don't think they should be favored on the road- although they lead Miami the whole game, they couldn't stop them offensively. That was Miami. At home.

Bills fans as a whole have been asking for Edwards since he played well in preseason, but that was against team's 3rd string defenses. I'm not sure if he's the long term answer for Buffalo, but I am excited to see what he can do this week. His NFL debut last week had to be one of the worst positions you could put a rookie QB in.... On the road vs. the Pats, thrown in because of an injury. He looked great on his first drive, then followed it with 6 straight 3 & outs....7 punts & 1 int. Despite this, I really don't think you can read all that much into it, now he has had a whole week of taking snaps & gameplanning. IMO this week will be a much bigger barometer on what Trent has to offer. Gamplanning against the Bills is pretty simple- 8 in the box, put pressure on the qb & make Edwards beat you. However, I think the Jets could have trouble with this. They are giving up an avg of 266 passing yards & allowing 68.7 completion %. They have 1 interception & have allowed 6 passing tds. Their rush D is allowing 3.9 ypc, but last week the Fins rushed for 4.9 ypc against them. Buffalo is averaging 4.3 ypc.....I can say without a doubt the Jets D does not scare me. Safe to say the Bills will keep it conservative offensively, pounding Lynch & short passes. I think Lynch will get his in front of the home crowd, it's up to Trent to make the plays.

Defensively, there's no secret the Bills are in shambles. However McGee will play which helps the secondary out immensely. DiGiorgio played pretty well at LB, recording 12 tackles (8 solo) & a half sack. The D-line needs to be able to stopo the run (my biggest concern). The Bills are allowing 5.2 ypc, but in thier defense they did face Denver, NE & Pitt. They need to hold Jones to under 110 to win IMO.... I think the special teams needs to set the Bills uyp in good field position- both teams have the potential for big returns......

Comment

Working...
                                X