***Week 8 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    2. The Gore of last year? When he ran for a whopping 40 yards against the Saints, and NO blew them out 34-10?
    Not to mention Gore's current ankle problem..... he would have to have a huge game IMO for the Niners to win, & nothing he's done has lead me to believe that occurs. To me a play on SF would be counting on a couple things that have to this point remained the same changing drastically all in one game. There has been no evidence to me that the Niners can throw, or Gore can carry them, so I couldn't play them again...
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

2. The Gore of last year? When he ran for a whopping 40 yards against the Saints, and NO blew them out 34-10?

LOL exactly with the drew of last year when the saints had a winning record went to nfc championship game....

im talking about the gore who was in upper class of rushing last year, and the saints or aints of this year that wonderful def they have and offense go brees!!!

different 49ers secondary this year

gore will come out of a nutshell this week at home in a big way fantasy start-em

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
        im talking about the gore who was in upper class of rushing last year, and the saints or aints of this year that wonderful def they have
        lmao...so you can just take the Gore from last year, but not this year...if you had a time machine, that just might work.

Gore doesn't even have a 100 yard game this year, has looked slow, and he is now injured. So now is the time you are calling for a breakout game? Don't see where that comes from. NO is actually not a bad run-defense team at all.

GL! :beerbang:

Comment

lmao...so you can just take the Gore from last year, but not this year...if you had a time machine, that just might work.

Gore doesn't even have a 100 yard game this year, has looked slow, and he is now injured. So now is the time you are calling for a breakout game? Don't see where that comes from. NO is actually not a bad run-defense team at all.

ya but im making this decision to bring him to the future for this game in my time machine because i read it in my sports almanac for 2007 that i went in the future to buy

GL :thumbs:

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on

Oakland Raiders +8½ -130
            Tennessee Titans -8½ +110
            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
              patriots dont look ahead

try again....

why look past a 4-2 washington team

and not a 0-7 miami
              a lot of people are already talking about undefeated Indy v NE next week and unless none of the Pats read I think they are talking about it too. Captain Larry said right a 4-2 Skins team off an 0-6 Dolphins team isn't the same as an Indy team off the Skins game.

Comment

Looking at the Philly/Minn game and it appears we have people on both sides. However, with Minny's horrible pass D, and the A Peterson factor, am I getting trapped into thinking that the over 37 is the play here?

Comment

Alright, another great discussion thread here guys, still not done though as we have one more to talk about. :thumbs:

My original lean was to the Packers, but now I'm having second thoughts. Denver's strength defensively is the pass D, & GB lacks a consistent run game (averaging just 65.7 ypg rushing). Can the Packers run enough to keep the offense balanced? Also Denver's pass game is really not as bad as people would think, & the Packers have the 22nd ranked pass D. GB is allowing just 3.9 ypc 100 ypg, while the Broncos are averaging 4.7 ypc 130 ypg. Something's gotta give.

Comment

Well, Sclereth and Wingo just picked the broncos on Colin Cowherd this morning. I don't know, just don't trust the Broncos defense. Road teams have been doingwell on Monday night. I'm leaning Packers. Their defense still looks better IMO.
                    NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Frank Gore 41 yards, at least he beat the 40 from last year :beerbang:

UD...Yeah, I was thinking Packers all week, and bought the +4 earlier....but definitely not one of my favourite matchups of the week.

One thing I'm backing is Farve...he is the man on the big stage....and, yeah the Broncos have that good pass defence, but are Bly & Bailey 100%? I don't think so....and the Steelers seemed to be able to move the ball on Denver pretty easily in the 2nd half of the last game. I mean, the Denver defence has given up a ton of points this year (27+ per game and huge numbers the past 3 games)...even with that good secondary rating, and have actually been outgained in the air their last 3 games.

Green Bay has the veteran QB, the better defence, and are getting points....makes it a play for me. Broncos are not a TD better than most NFL teams (what they will likely need to cover), and certainly not a TD better than the Pack, especially when you compare defences. Denver has had a tough schedule, facing good offensive teams, so giving up all those points recently could be relative...but in the end I think the Packer defence forces Cutler into making a couple mistakes that lead to points, and Farve does just enough to get it done, and force a close game, and probably the outright win. GB indeed doesn't have much of a running game, but the Denver front 7 might be a cure for that tonight. Another road win on Monday Night!

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-29-2007, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I tend to think it's more relative, look at who Denver has faced. Steelers, Indy, Chargers... of course their numbers are gonna be horrible. I think Denver will be able to move the ball on the ground, enough to keep GB honest & for Cutler to work the play action. Denver has a better run game than the Chargers, Philly, Washington (please don't even try to refute it GM) & Chicago. The Giants & Vikings are the only 2 teams the Packers have faced with a better run game than Denver. Peterson rushed for 112 on 12 carries (the Vikings for a total of 155), & Ward was able to move the ball. IMO this will be a close game, & will be decided by who wins the turnover battle. Favre vs. one of the best pass D's in the game, & in his last 2 games, he has thrown 4 ints & 1 td. Washington gave him fits, & he was at home! I have the Packers to close out a teaser +14, I think I'm going to try & middle it with the Broncos-3. I have to go with the pick the winner, just look what happened when I went against it with the Panthers LoL. I think Denver wins this one, so I'm laying the points....

Comment

Working...
                        X