Bobby Petrino

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Petrino

Apparently it was all a little too much. He is resigning and heading to Arkansas. So now lets see not only is the SEC the toughest conference in the land, with far and away the best talent, it has the best stable of coaches...I wonder if this is a coincidence???NOT!

No need to go any further than the sig:beerbang:
    Last edited by BoKnows; 12-11-2007, 07:01 PM.

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
    Apparently it was all a little too much. He is resigning and heading to Arkansas. So now lets see not only is the SEC the toughest conference in the land, with far and away the best talent, it has the best stable of coaches...I wonder if this is a coincidence???NOT!

He's a loser who quit on his team and nothing more. He ran when the cards were down. The definition of hypocrit will be when he calls his team out for quitting.......he couldn't hack it in the NFL and he quit. Hopefully his team at ARK will do the same to him someday.

and gee, you wouldn't like him because he coached at AUB would you....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post

Yeah, everyone covets a guy who can't even complete ONE SEASON with a team. That just screams leadership and awesome coaching....

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        Yeah, everyone covets a guy who can't even complete ONE SEASON with a team. That just screams leadership and awesome coaching....
        :thumbs: ....exactly.....:puke:

Comment

Another college coach has washed out from the NFL, a seashell spit from the mighty ocean.

He will be remembered for a .230 winning percentage and an autocratic style that rubbed players the wrong way.

The security of a college job no doubt is appealing to Petrino.

In the NCAA, he never would have to worry about having a quarterback turned dog butcher ruining his season and his life. He never would have to go to war with his own cornerback, fine him one hundred large and then learn he couldn't purge himself of the rebel even if he wanted to because of contract issues.

He never would have to learn he could not utilize the kind of blocking scheme he wanted to because he was saddled with offensive linemen who didn't fit.

He never would have to deal with locker room backlash over cutting an aging, overweight defensive tackle.

He never would have to listen to a mediocre quarterback publicly questioning him.

You can bet Petrino is leaving the NFL a disillusioned man. He had been an NFL assistant before, but it's different when you're the head coach.

Five quarterback changes in the last seven games. Pickets and protests. Empty seats. An owner in his face every day.

Momma never told him it would be like this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            He's a loser who quit on his team and nothing more. He ran when the cards were down. The definition of hypocrit will be when he calls his team out for quitting.......he couldn't hack it in the NFL and he quit. Hopefully his team at ARK will do the same to him someday.

and gee, you wouldn't like him because he coached at AUB would you....:thumbs:
            Loser ? umm.....check his record. If he was such a loser then we would not even be here talking about him. As far as quitting on his team, yeah he quit when he realized he did not have the team he signed on with and things just kept getting worse (Players in his face on the sideline cursing him out and over paid quitters just collecting a check).If you dont know by now thats what college coaches do, they quit a team and go to another. They all dont turn in a three week notice......and alot of really good coaches went to NFL and "couldn'nt hack it" (pete carrol,steve spurrier + a ton more)...you put yourself in his shoes and you would do the same thing. What should he have done ? stay in a place you know you dont want to be:laughing: ...seems to me people just like to hate on the SEC and I understand that because that is the price for being on top.:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleydog View Post
              Loser ? umm.....check his record. If he was such a loser then we would not even be here talking about him. As far as quitting on his team, yeah he quit when he realized he did not have the team he signed on with and things just kept getting worse (Players in his face on the sideline cursing him out and over paid quitters just collecting a check).If you dont know by now thats what college coaches do, they quit a team and go to another. They all dont turn in a three week notice......and alot of really good coaches went to NFL and "couldn'nt hack it" (pete carrol,steve spurrier + a ton more)...you put yourself in his shoes and you would do the same thing. What should he have done ? stay in a place you know you dont want to be:laughing: ...seems to me people just like to hate on the SEC and I understand that because that is the price for being on top.:thumbs:
              Yeah, there have been a lot that couldn't hack it, but only 2 others that freaking quit in the middle of the season. There's nothing you can say that would make me respect Bobby Petrino. The man signed a 5 year deal and quit after 3/4 of a year. At least complete the season and then leave. Players yelling at him on the sidelines!?!? If he is leaving because his players were yelling at him on the sidelines then that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Maybe, oh I dunno, control your team? Earn some respect from them? Both are viable options. It has nothing to do with him going to the SEC, I'm not one of those "MY CONFRENZ IZ BETTUR DAN YURZ!!!" kind of guys, because I hate most of the teams in the Big 10, as I would expect everyone hates their conference rivals. Root for Ohio State? Michigan? Iowa? Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                Root for Ohio State?

Comment

Loser ? umm.....check his record. If he was such a loser then we would not even be here talking about him. :
                  :dunno:....huh.........so i guess OJ isn't a loser because we talk about him......:dunno:.....huh.....who's hating on the SEC??........good think Sean Payton didn't quit in NO when his team was terrible in 2005....good thing Bill Walsh didn't quit on the 49'ers in his first seasons........

what is with all this SEC stuff....whaley, no offense, but nobody really gives a **** about your school or the SEC.....and it had nothing to do with this.

Comment

FF -Like you dont have a history of hating on the SEC ?:laughing: thats a gooood one.

And with all due respect Walsh or Peyton did not have any where near the situation that ATL is in.

Comment

As far as quitting on his team, yeah he quit when he realized he did not have the team he signed on with and things just kept getting worse (Players in his face on the sideline cursing him out and over paid quitters just collecting a check).

Let's face it. 75% of the players in the league are overpaid players collecting checks. It's the head coach's job to motivate these players & get them to play hard! I mean, come on, I'm sure any coach can draw up a plays based on the other teams formations, so on so forth, but the mark of a good coach is getting the best out of every player on the field. Who said coaching the NFL would be easy? I miss the coaches with balls, like Big Tuna- handled the players, owners, media all so matter of fact.. No doubt in my mind the Bills were the better team when they faced the Giants in the SB, but I'll be damned that sob outcoached the **** out of Marv. Excuse me while I quietly weep to myself.....
                      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

FF -Like you dont have a history of hating on the SEC ?:laughing: thats a gooood one.

in.
                        :dunno:...once again whaley....HUH???...if you check back in the threads i have said all year the SEC is the best conference in football and when we ranked them early in the season i had the big10 like 4th or 5th. i don't understand all the pompousness and arrogance, though, by you. seriously, nobody really gives a **** whaley...no more than anyone cares about the big 10. where did i hate on the SEC??...what have i said about them??.....you made a stupid arrogant post and now want to turn it into some "nobody likes the SEC" post. i don't even know what the SEC has to do with people not agreeing with old Bobby P quitting. Nobody even mentioned the SEC, at least that i can find, outside of you, and my backhanded jab at Bo who knows i was giving him a little good hearted ****.

but we've talked about OJ, and mothers who leave their kids in the car on 100 degree days, and that church that protests funerals......so because we talk about them they aren't losers then according to your logic....:dunno:

Comment

At this point, nothing these coaches do will ever surprise and I'm not sure why anyone even cares? They use people to get money, and get into the situation that they think is best for them (just like people do in the real world). There's a ton of things that go into this. Petrino stepped into possibly the toughest coaching gig in the NFL. When he signed they had Vick and Schaub (I think, could be wrong), and since that franchise has turned into a sieve.

Petrino has not showed loyalty really at any pahse of his coaching life (famously went behind Tubberville's back), so why is anyone surprised or even talking about this?

He's a coach. Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

but nobody really gives a **** about your school or the SEC.....
                            You know this homer does:thumbs: LOL!

Seriously though can we get back to MY CONFRENZ IZ BETTUR DAN YURZ?....They must not teach Inglisch at Penn State:laughing:

Comment

Being a falcons yes...yes there are still a few of us left...i think this was a blessing in disguise for us....what a worthless piece of **** who quit on his team and on the owner of this team that had complete trust in him......that press conferense at arkansas last night made me wanna :puke:

Rich McKay should be the next one gone from the Falcons...that's his 2nd bad coaching hire and his draft picks haven't really worked out either...

Comment

Working...
                              X