Giants line.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
    just like in any sport: The Books Always Win!!!.... when you understand that, you will know the fact that the books will INFLATE on public perception...
    gee thanks HD...i didn't know the books won...but thanks for the heads up....and the books don't always win.....this notion that every play is won by the books is assinine.....the books sure didn't win on NE most of the time this year...and those lines were inflated.....so just because this line is inflated means that in every game where a line is inflated the books win....:dunno:.....faulty logic........

i agree on playing JAX +13....i think they are a good football team, that is why i would play it....and i think they can run on NE......
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      gee thanks HD...i didn't know the books won...but thanks for the heads up....and the books don't always win.....this notion that every play is won by the books is assinine.....the books sure didn't win on NE most of the time this year...and those lines were inflated.....so just because this line is inflated means that in every game where a line is inflated the books win....:dunno:.....faulty logic........

i agree on playing JAX +13....i think they are a good football team, that is why i would play it....and i think they can run on NE......

look at the lines offered and the juice included, throw in all 4q's, 1h, 2h team totals, ml's, etc.... they find a way to win!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beerbang:

Comment

I agree completely with everything UD says. I actually think all favs win next weekend, but the only dog I would play a ML on would be Jax. I think they run all over NE....but the Pats will likely get it done in the end.

Looking at that SD UNDER as well :beerbang:

Comment

i have to ask something....and as someone who didn't follow the NFL weekly i am just asking.....why every time i looked on this site was everyone claiming how NE was a covering machine, and now everyone is looking to fade them. They covered some meaty lines vs. some good teams this year, so why all of a sudden are they an "upset special" and everyone is looking to take JAX......:dunno:....just curious...thx
          Covering machine was long, long ago. They failed to cover 5 of their last 6 games, when the books caught up to them....and I think the Jags matchup well against them with NE's suspect run defence. Their pass defence scares me a bit, and is likely the reason the don't win outright....but I think they keep it under double digits...

Comment

:thumbs:

Comment

.and the books don't always win.....this notion that every play is won by the books is assinine......
              You didn't understand my statement, plain and simple: They lose 50% of the games, but they are always ahead on the money!!!!!! :thumbs:

Comment

Btw, when you see Bodog offerin' +10 -165 (2h), to a team that is up, 6-0, over a team, that was favored by 10, you just know, they are gonna make some $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

thowever every1 thought nyg had no chance against the bucs
                  Who's everyone who thought that? I don't know one person who bet on Tampa Bay and the talk here all week was that the Giants were supremely confident and almost expected to win this game. Granted, I'm in the NYC area but I don't really know anyone who thought Tampa was winning that game.

Comment

The Chargers that played today would lose by 20+ points in the RCA dome. That team is so so and Rivers sucks. The Colts D will confuse him, IMHO. Flyers' analysis is right on if you ask me.

Ditto to the Jags that played at Pittsburgh yesterday. They better do a hell of a better job on defense, or they're gonna get 50 hung on em, weather permitting. And, I hate the Patriots. Just stating a fact, that the D i saw play last night doesn't have a hope in hell of stopping the Pats more than once or twice the whole game.

Problem is, I know JAX can play better. So which version of them shows up?

Hopefully the better version, cause I'd love to see them upset NE....just don't really see it happening.

Can't see the pedestrian Seahawks upsetting GB, so the best chance of an upset I see is the NYG, IMHO, if Eli doesn't screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      Looking at that SD UNDER as well :beerbang:
                      Last meeting SD won thanks largely to 2 returns for tds. That was @ SD, & Rivers was 13-24 104 yds with o tds & 2 ints. Manning threw 6 ints, yet still put the Colts in a position to win. The Chargers offense put up 10 points.... Although I think these lines are pretty inflated, I'm not touching the Chargers in any way shape or form ...ok maybe team under 18 :sm:
                      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                        Who's everyone who thought that? I don't know one person who bet on Tampa Bay and the talk here all week was that the Giants were supremely confident and almost expected to win this game. Granted, I'm in the NYC area but I don't really know anyone who thought Tampa was winning that game.
                        :dunno:....there were plenty of people on this site on TAM including some people who had great seasons like JML.

i assume you were on the ML then so congrats on that one....:thumbs:......

Comment

You didn't understand my statement, plain and simple: They lose 50% of the games, but they are always ahead on the money!!!!!! :thumbs:
                          i thought you meant that the books always won with sucker lines so take JAX.....my bad....i guess that is why i was so confused......

i agree they are always ahead on the money and i would much rather take the books opinion on a game.....but the books aren't always right so to think you could just fade the public or follow the books and it's a winner doesn't add up.....which is why i was confused...

no matter, i agreed with you anyway on playing JAX....:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                            The Chargers that played today would lose by 20+ points in the RCA dome. That team is so so and Rivers sucks. The Colts D will confuse him, IMHO.

Their run game got shut down today! Can indy do that???? Time will tell... :beer2:

Comment

Their run game got shut down today! Can indy do that???? Time will tell... :beer2:
                              Indy will probably bring bob sanders up to the line of scrimmage on every play and they will try and make Eli Rivers beat them through the air with Vincent Jackson and Chambers. I would rather have Manning throwing to Clark (i assume he plays), Reggie Wayne and Gonzalez (maybe Harrison) with Addai behind him than Eli Rivers trying to find Chambers or Vincent Jackson once they put 8 in the box. I honestly think SDG has very little chance in this one.

The game they won in the regular season was about as phony a win as there was all season long. That's all they talked about in SDG the week after that game is how phony it was......

but as you said, time will tell. Norv Turner sure won't win any check marks in the coaching advantage box, though.

I may look at Udog's call on the Under.......

Comment

btw, sdc has a pretty good D... :beer2:

Comment

Working...
                                X