Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
    whole lotta 13's and there's a 14 available right now... :beer2:
    Yeah, looks like this line's on the move back up.... +14-120 can be had @ 5Dimes. I'm holding off for now, already laid -120 on the Boys & hate laying juice....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharukh10 View Post
      I believe that jacksonville is too 1 dimensional. I believe that the pats will shut down the run and force garrard to beat them. Take the giants game for example, they were able to run the ball on the pats by establishing the passing game first.
      Regular season rankings for passing offense.....

Chargers......#26

Steelers..........#22

Giants.............#21

Jags.....#17

Comment

Shutting down PIT's depleted offense for 3Q's isn't exactly something to write home about, lol, and that certainly doesn't translate into stopping the NE offense in any way, shape, or form.

Also, the public is 60% on JAX as of right now, and it's been that way since opening. If the books are trying to sucker anyone by juicing up the NE line against the public, it's not working....cause the public is on JAX, as of right now.

Doesn't mean JAX is the wrong play, just saying that I feel that in no way is NE -13 a "sucker line". If they wanted Joe Q all over NE, it would be like -9 or even -10.

Indy played like complete dog **** at SD this year (gave up 2 return TD's and manning had SIX interceptions), and was still in position to win. They ARE the better team, without a doubt. If you wanna bank on that happening again, I'd go ahead and throw down on SD. If not, I fail to see what makes SD even a marginally decent play this weekend.

The public is 72% on Seattle too, lol. They're gonna get crushed, and I think the books know it. I believe they're loving all the money coming on SEA. I liked GB before I saw that, and I love it now. That one is a a good example of a set up line, IMHO. Giving SEA over a TD, after they looked "impressive" (which they did NOT) in beating "red hot" Washington, who like I said before the game was an average team at best. Looks too easy, doesn't it?

I can't believe I'm defending all these faves, lol, but in reality, Indy and NE are clearly the class of the AFC, and both deserve the lines they're getting, because they're both going to win....and I don't think Seattle even makes the playoffs if they don't play in the NFC West, and every point of the GB line is warranted (and more, IMHO).

I don't like seeing the public on NYG so far, but I still think they can keep it close, if not win. But, that would mean betting on ELI Manning to not choke 2 weeks in a row, lol....not easy for me to do.

Comment

the public is hammering dawgs hard, which is unusual. that 35-14 seattle win may be the most misleading 3 strike win ever. the giants did look good last wk against tb, but they just flatout have more firepower than tb. tb looked slow, especially at skill positions. im still not sold on eli, and with owens listed as probable i still like the cowboys.

with regards to the afc, its hard to justify taking sd with that offense and i never thought id say that, but i think the colts philosophy will be to absolutely shutdown LT. sd did a good job of pass blocking against tenn and the only big gains sd had were on busted plays in the secondary. if gates doesnt play, i think the colts roll them. i thought jax would make a nice play here, but it makes me nervous the public is on them. the public doesnt make the outcome though, so hopefully this line continues to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
            The public is 72% on Seattle too, lol. They're gonna get crushed, and I think the books know it. I believe they're loving all the money coming on SEA. I liked GB before I saw that, and I love it now. That one is a a good example of a set up line, IMHO. Giving SEA over a TD, after they looked "impressive" (which they did NOT) in beating "red hot" Washington, who like I said before the game was an average team at best. Looks too easy, doesn't it?
            I couldn't believe that when I saw bigtime early public action on Seattle...I really thought people would like Farve at home, with the season he's had. I guess a TD+ in the playoffs makes people jump up and down, even though I agree with Stif....the favs in these matchups really are the cream rising to the top. Seattle played true to form at home last week and got the win (they were lucky IMO), and will likely play true to form this week on the road....which means badly. They were 3-5 on the road including losses to non-playoff teams Car, Cle & Ari, as well as a blowout loss to Pitt, an expected easy win over SF, and two close unimpressive wins over Philly and Stl. They are not the same team away from that stadium. This matchup is between two similar teams....both mainly relying on the passing game and good defence. But GB looks to have found something with Ryan Grant. They are stellar at home, and Sea is brutal on the road...that makes me want to add more GB action....probably on a teaser.

GL
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-07-2008, 04:00 PM.

Comment

That is true, but i like to think of it this way.

There is nobody in the Jax recieving corp that NE would feel uncomfortably playing man on man. The passing game doesn't threathen NE. I just feel that JAX can't score with NE unless they get some short fields or special team Tds - which may well happen.

Comment

Public absolutely hammering Eli freaking Manning and the Giants so far this week :beerbang: The line essentially holding the same however...even moving slightly the other way in some cases....you gotta think the books think Dallas covers that game, with Eli reverting back to his old ways :thumbs:

Hasselbeck not 100% after that hit by Smoot to his thigh? Seems he has a pretty bad bruise, and I'm not sure his forearm is perfect either! Also looks like Gates is very questionable for SD.....I think I'll be adding an Indy/GB teaser later in the week.

Still struggling on the Jaguars play, lol. I see I can get 14 now...and still climbing, although it is mostly Jax action!! The books are beggin me to take Jax....usually not a good thing, because I usually fall for it! lol :bang: But if I get 15....I might have too! :dunno: Or not. lmao...
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I can't remember the last time the divisional games were lined so high. Jax is the only dog I even lean to, & with the public all over them, I have to really think hard about it. Have GB-1 to close out a teaser for 3 units, thinking about playing them straight as well as the team total. The way the total is set, it'll be 25, GB has scored 27 or more in 7 of their last 8 games.

I'm starting to dig into the totals, & the Dallas/NYG under is looking good to me. Looking at the Boys games this season, most would be inclined to play on the over, & with good reason. However, I tend to think this will be more of a defensive battle. The Giants D is playing 10x better than the last time these two faced each other, & Dallas will likely focus on stopping the run. Dallas weakness defensively is something IMO the Giants will have trouble exposing, the long passing game. The Boys did well vs the Giants run game both times they faced them. They allowed 124 yds rushing the first game @ home, but 44 of those were on 1 run. Take that away & they rushed for 80 yds. Next meeting was 108 allowed. Both teams have top 8 D's vs. the run, & I would think this could be a field position type game. Watching the TB/NYG game, I think Coughlin really doesn't trust Eli at all. Look at the play calling- how many throws over 5 yards did he even attempt? I will give Manning credit in that he completed the throws he needed to, but will those be enough to move the ball vs the Boys D? I think the Cowboys will pressure him much more....

Comment

Problem i see with the Giants is the Cowboys have the front lines to shut them down. The key to beating the Giants is blocking their front four and attacking their secondary. Tampa Bay's problem was lack of protection and lack of recievers. With Galloway and HIlliard banged up and Stovall out, they had practice squad recievers in the game. And although their OL has been decent this year, they're very young and inexperienced yet, and were banged up as well.

Dallas matches up totally different with the Giants than the Bucs did. The key is T.O. If he's good enough to go and Romo's on his game, I think the Giants could really struggle here. If the line drops below 7, i'm on the Cowboys.
                    Last edited by navy_blue99; 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM.
                    2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
                    2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

i agree with UD on looking at the NYG/DAL Under in this one.....i think it was UD...lol...thread is too long to go back and look......but seriously, if TO is really banged up or doesn't play, that changes DAL game plan dramatically.......i would much rather have the under in this one than anything else. The only way the NYG win this is if it is a pedestrian type of game and IMO that is the way they will play it. T.O. had 3 for 87 and 2TD's and 6 for 125 and 2TD's, which is a lot of production to be missing if he isn't 100% (and playing and being healthy are 2 different things) and it's not like they have anyone else to fill his role off the bench. And anyone who has ever had a bad high ankle sprain knows those things are hard to come back from because it is stiff and it limits your lateral movement. So even if he plays, i find it hard to believe he would be at 100%.....which plays to an under play, IMO.

I personally think the 47 is whack....based on public perception of what happened in the first 2 games of the year. If there are no big plays in this one, then i have a hard time seeing this one go over.
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I think you will be suprised by Seattle....................

They will definatly keep it within 8, and i'm betting on them upsetting GB

Percentage of money on New York: 72%
                        Last edited by tampayay; 01-09-2008, 01:58 PM.
                        NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

anyone else looking at SD this week, I dont think they are going to win SU, but I do like them to cover the # this week, and I was looking up a bunch of trends and ****, and they seem to be the trend play for this week in the playoffs, im thinking i might bite, their d has given INDY fits and as good as Indy's has played I just think SD will be able to muster enough pts to keep this close, was thinking a 20-17 type of Indy win....

I also want to do the NYG but I really dont have the balls to bet on ELI on the road in a playoff game vs a team that can actually play good football...TB is a joke IMO...

I would like to see JAX win but I could see this game being very similar to the playoff game they played a couple years ago, so I am going to lay off it...

GB-SEA, poses an interesting matchup and I really think this is going to be the best game in the Divisional playoffs...SEA has a good pass D and they are facing a team that is pretty pass happy, so I think the key to GB is a great game out of Grant, and I know a lot has been made of the schedule of SEA, but GB didnt exactly play murderer's row all year, i mean they got Min, Chic, and Det --6 games, add in KC, Oak, STL, Car....thats a pretty weak 10 games they won right there....SEA if they want to win will need to play Morris n not ALexander, he is killing them, and I'd have to give the coaching nod to Holmgren, I really see this being a very good game and 24-20 one way or the other is how I see this coming down, might have to put something on the SEA ML as I feel they have a great chance to upset here, they have the expereince and I really think these teams are evenly matched, and I know everyone loves Favre, but the guy is 1-3 in his last 4 playoff games and it seems everytime there has been a big stage against a tough opponent, he gets himself back in the mode of just tossing the ball up for grabs and throwing those picks...

just my 2 cents gl to everyone this week
                          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                            anyone else looking at SD this week, I dont think they are going to win SU, but I do like them to cover the # this week, and I was looking up a bunch of trends and ****, and they seem to be the trend play for this week in the playoffs, im thinking i might bite, their d has given INDY fits and as good as Indy's has played I just think SD will be able to muster enough pts to keep this close, was thinking a 20-17 type of Indy win....

just my 2 cents gl to everyone this week
                            then why not look at the Under in that one....:thumbs:....seems like the best play, IMO, on that game. I think SDG is going to have a hard time doing anything. Gates isn't going to play and Indy will load up to stop Tomlinson. So now you are relying on Phillip the turnover Rivers to connect with Vincent Jackson and Chris Chambers to score points. Just don't see SDG doing much of anything. Not to mention the Kaeding the kicker has a really bad plant foot still and can't get any elevation on his kicks. So 4th and 5 from the 33 and they may be going for it instead of kicking. Plus Indy just has too many weapons for SDG. And the conditions were horrible the night that SDG played Indy and that game was an aberration with the 6 INT's and the 2 kick offs for TD's.......i agree a low scoring game...i was thinking more of like 24-9......but in either of the cases....makes the under look pretty good.......
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

As Always I am late to the discussion. I have not made any picks yet. But:

Home Teams in the Divisional Round are 55-13 over the last 68 games (SU)

However, in the last two years Home Teams are 4-4. This means that prior to the last two years Home Teams were 51-9 SU in this round of the playoffs (SU).

NYG - would be my GUT pick for an upset. I ain't got no respect for Wade Phillips. In two years that Dallas team will be 2-14 after he dismantles what Parcels built. If Dallas doesn't run the ball 30 times they are stupid and they should and probably will lose.

NE - would be my strongest pick for a su win. 16-0? 2 weeks to rest and fix whatever was wrong and 1 week to prepare and Jax has to travel twice (sunday home and this week to ne) and play back to bakc against playoff teams on the road against two teams with a combined record of 26-6 (i think). Jax is getting a lot of respect, but there is little chance if any that they win straight up.

SD or SEA - I always have a problem with teams who travel east. This shouldn't be a real issue with Sea/GB. Sea (OF ALL THE PLAYOFF TEAMS) is the most one dimensional, they don't run cause they can't, a bad day for Hassy and this game is over fast. SD goes to IND which means an awfully early start for SD. The last time they played Manning through 6 intereceptions and the SD offense accounted for ONE touchdown. One Touchdown. Let me say that again: 1 touchdown. I belive the other two tds were a return INT and a return KO or Punt. SD can't keep up with Indy, little chance for a su win.

So my answer to Home dogs question is:
                              NYG have best chance of an upset
                              Sea has the 2nd best chance of an upset (and not much)
                              SD has the 3rd best chance of an upset (and not much)
                              Jax has the worste chance of an upset (and it is miniscule)

Horfin
                              a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                              Sides: +17.4 units
                              Totals: +0 units
                              In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                              Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                                POLL

lets assume 1 team will upset!