The one we've waited for all year IN-Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to those on the Giants.

The game was better than I expected. Glad they won SU.

Comment

• how classic is it that Tiki Barber bad mouthed coughlin so much and threw him under the bus....and they went out and won the SB without his know it all studio analyst ass.........
      Last edited by yomonte; 02-04-2008, 06:40 AM.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        how classic is it that Tiki Barber bad mouthed coughlin so much and threw him under the bus....and they went out and won the SB without his know it all studio analyst ass.........

I didnt mind him when he played in the NFL....but ever since he became a TV analyst I can't stand his pompous ass.

Eli...who would have thunk

I guess this also settles the Manning v. Rivers confusion....LOL
        "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

udog and his 44Units are probably pacing a sidewalk somewhere in buffalo about now...lol

hope dan got him a clear path shoveled and got some salt and sand down on that ice.....:beerbang:
          i ran him over coming down my street he was passed out in the middle of the road
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

• Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
            i ran him over coming down my street he was passed out in the middle of the road
            :bang: :bang: .....he was going to work the window next weekend for Avery.......
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• Congrats to all Giant bettors!

Comment

how classic is it that Tiki Barber bad mouthed coughlin so much and threw him under the bus....and they went out and won the SB without his know it all studio analyst ass.........
                Well said.

And I hit the fkn edit button instead of quote. Tiki can kiss my fkn ass. He's so full of self importance, he can't see the light
                If its fun, do it

Comment

wow did Udog sneak out of town with that ML play......
                  Not quite :laughing:

That play was doomed from the get go. Was soooo close to playing the 2ndh Giants ml but settled on the over which got smoked as well LoL. Even after the Moss TD I had the feeling they would lose. Had they won, it would have been a travesty because they were outplayed & outcoached for the entire game. Props to the Giants defense, they brought pressure from everywhere- IMO the whole D-line should have the MVP trophy! Reminds me of the Bills/G-men SB where the winning team didn't necessarily have the better team, yet excellent coaching & great D prevailed. How smart does Belichek feel now after going for it on 4th & 16 or whatever that was. Haven't searched for it yet, but I can't wait to see him getting asked why in the **** he went for it there- sad thing is that cocky ****er will probably give some snide short answer. By far the largest loss I've ever taken wagering in my life, but I won't cry over spilled milk.... lesson learned putting well over half of my NFL winnings for the year on one play. That was the gambler in me, never works out well when chalkdoggie takes over :flush:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

• Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                    IMO the whole D-line should have the MVP trophy!
                    I agree with that....they were the single most important part of that Giants win...the only chance you have against the Pats is to bring pressure....that was exposed half way through the year....and it was the main reason I figured this one would be close...

Get 'em back UD! You still da man! :beerbang:

Comment

• this game was really wierd and I cant stop thinking about it that way. with the line being set so high again and all the squares being on the giants, I still cant believe the pats wasnt the right side. I mean the public was ALL OVER the giants, were they not?

my best friend's cousin takes bets for a big-time bookie so he sees where all the money is coming in. his usual play is a couple hundred but when he bets BIG, it usually means something. obviously he lost a ton last night. of course, I didnt bet the pats because he took them but just surprised how everything came about. when I found out he took the pats and for what amount (the score was 7-3 still), I thought for sure this was a win. the money-line bettors got it the worst...

its also funny how my friend after the game reminded me of what I said halfway through the season about the pats not covering another game and not winning the superbowl. I didnt even remember saying that and he said I was talking about it for a maybe week straight. I SUCK AT GAMBLING! see u guys next year! :beer2:

Comment

• Sports Insights showed 61% on NYG. Not really all that lopsided. I know during the year, they track plays with over 65% on them and consider them anti-public. Really though, I like to see 70% or more on a side AND some line movement against the public before I'll jump on board blindly as an anti-public play.

This game had neither of those factors.

I still say, despite what the numbers said, the public OPINION was that New England would roll and cover the number, and without a doubt the public opinion was that New England would win outright.

Just read the threads here. It's clear that far more people believed it was gonna be a 48-10 New England thrashing than those who believed NYG actually had a shot to even cover, let alone win outright.

In addition, apparently there were a bunch of touts releasing NYG. That will always bring up the public number as well, as there are way more people out there who buy and follow touts plays than I think any of us realize.

There was without a doubt, however, sharp/syndicate money on the Giants. It was easy to tell with how quickly the line moved down right after it opened begging for Patriots money, and with how low it ended up going (I saw NE -11's prior to kick off, and I saw the ML as low as Pats -350), it was clear they were still looking for every NE penny they could get their hands on right up until kick off.

So while it doesn't happen often, apparently the sharps and pretty much of the public agreed on this one. I really expected more to jump on the NE bandwagon, but kudos to the public for seeing thru the NE smokescreen and taking the ridiculous number with NYG.

Once a team covers a bunch in a row convincingly, and the numbers adjust, they don't go back in just a few weeks. That image normally sticks in the public's mind for at least a whole other year. Just watch, NE's numbers will be inflated to start the season next year too. I bet they go about 4-12 or 5-11 ATS next year in the reg season....
                        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 02-04-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                            Sports Insights showed 61% on NYG. Not really all that lopsided. I know during the year, they track plays with over 65% on them and consider them anti-public. Really though, I like to see 70% or more on a side AND some line movement against the public before I'll jump on board blindly as an anti-public play.

This game had neither of those factors.

I still say, despite what the numbers said, the public OPINION was that New England would roll and cover the number, and without a doubt the public opinion was that New England would win outright.

Just read the threads here. It's clear that far more people believed it was gonna be a 48-10 New England thrashing than those who believed NYG actually had a shot to even cover, let alone win outright.

In addition, apparently there were a bunch of touts releasing NYG. That will always bring up the public number as well, as there are way more people out there who buy and follow touts plays than I think any of us realize.

There was without a doubt, however, sharp/syndicate money on the Giants. It was easy to tell with how quickly the line moved down right after it opened begging for Patriots money, and with how low it ended up going (I saw NE -11's prior to kick off, and I saw the ML as low as Pats -350), it was clear they were still looking for every NE penny they could get their hands on right up until kick off.

So while it doesn't happen often, apparently the sharps and pretty much of the public agreed on this one. I really expected more to jump on the NE bandwagon, but kudos to the public for seeing thru the NE smokescreen and taking the ridiculous number with NYG.

Once a team covers a bunch in a row convincingly, and the numbers adjust, they don't go back in just a few weeks. That image normally sticks in the public's mind for at least a whole other year. Just watch, NE's numbers will be inflated to start the season next year too. I bet they go about 4-12 or 5-11 ATS next year in the reg season....
                            FWIW, I heard that it was the first SB Vegas lost in like 15 years, and they gave out something like $1.8 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                              FWIW, I heard that it was the first SB Vegas lost in like 15 years, and they gave out something like $1.8 million.
                              1995 was the last time Vegas lost money on the SB. They lost 2.6 million this year.

Comment

• I was just glad to be a small drop in the bucket $100 of that $2.6.....:laughing: :beerbang:
                                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                                X