No announcement yet.

***Playoff Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very hard to go against a team that doesn't turn the ball over that scores an average of 32 points a game and has a great coach and the best QB in the
    NFL and are playing at home wow how do you bet against this. Alot of big IFS
    have to happen for the Jets to cover IF the Jets can control the clock with the
    run game IF Sanchez can keep his composure and not turn it over IF the jets
    can get to Brady and pressure him and IF the Jets special teams can score some
    points and IF the jets don't give up the big play they have a chance. IF is a big word
    here today for the men in green .
    NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      How is Seattle any better than any of those teams? Even Carolina. Maybe barely. Seattle got steamrolled by lesser competition in far less tough circumstances plenty already this year. I'm not buying that all of a sudden because the Saints walked into a hornets nest, played like ****, and still almost won, that Seattle is all of a sudden Arizona of a few years ago. That Bears front 4 is gonna suffocate Hasslepuke today, imo, while in reality the Seattle D has little to offer to turn Cutler into a bumbling turnover machine. 10 pts really isn't a huge margin of victory. I'd rather not bet on Seattle to "keep it close" like it seems plenty are doing in this game. If they get behind early, do they really have what it takes to get back into the game, or once they fall behind, is it going to be like a snowball rolling downhill??
      Cmon Stif.... the Seahawks are better than the Panthers and Dolphins. The Panthers were horrid as were the Fish. The Vikings have more talent but got Favre'd this season. The Saints didn't almost win either. I thought it was apparent the Saints were losing that game throughout the entire 2ndh. I don't think Seattle is all of a sudden a great team, but I do think they *could* be a team that matches up well with the Bears. If the Bears get ahead early it would be tough for Seattle to come from behind, but it seems to me that's not what the Bears do. They only really jumped ahead of those three teams this season, and all three had young qbs who couldn't handle the pressure. Hasselbeck at the very least is experienced in the playoffs, and Stokley is appearing out of nowhere. If Mike Williams can hold on to the ball they have a decent enough receiving corp to keep the Bears guessing. Biggest thing for me is Tatupu, SEA needs him out there defensively
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I know the Saints defense was terrible, but the Seahawks still get credit from me for how they ran the offense. Hasselbeck imo played a near perfect game. Lynch ran out of his mind, and reminded me of the good runs in Buffalo. Maybe the Bears shut them down, but I am second guessing them ever since they allowed that many pts vs the Jets.

Another couple thoughts on these games from a totals perspective.

I was on the over in some format on both games yesterday, and (though likely to be popular) wouldn't even consider an under play today. Seattle's defense is still bad. I could easily see both teams getting over 20 pts today. Was looking earlier in the week at the Bears tt o27, and think it's a pretty good wager, even better than laying the chalk imo. I also think Seahawks team o7.5 1sth is a good wager as IMO they are playing well enough offensively to muster 10 pts, had a similar wager on Ravens tt o7.5 1sth last night.... The Bears have allowed 10 or more 1sth pts in 5 of last 7. Only two they allowed 7 to the Vikings (game where Favre started/Webb came in unprepared) and shutout the Fins. Seattle's offense playing much better right now than either of those two.

Jets/Pats- Of all the games I could see this one as the under, but still wouldn't go anywhere near it. I'm kind of hoping for a really low scoring 1sth to take advantage of 2ndh lines. I would say holding the Pats to 20 pts would be a victory for the Jets, and they would still have to score more than that to win.

Comment

SEA usually has a good kicking game, but that could change today as CHI has a big advantage in the return game in Hester and how he forces punts out of bounds which usually results in better field position. This could also have an impact on your over Udog :thumbs:

Comment

Really not too excited about these two games. Bears are 10 pt faves and do you really want to lay that amount of points with Cutler? You have the Hawks as Udog put it, as "media darlings." No one would fault them for losing as their season has already been defined as the losing-record playoff winner over the heavily favored Saints. West Coast traveling for early game, cold weather, Tatupa not doing well. I'm backing the Bears, softly. Bears will get after the Hawks and make Hasselbeck put on the same performance as last week. Me thinks it's not happening.

Pats/Jets has become "personal" LOL. "May the best team win," BB says. I'll take the Pats without looking at the 45-3 score earlier this season. Have Sanchez beat them, and continue their offense. Does this just seem too easy? Jets swagger and attitude is fun for sports, but it's borderline thuggish. I'm not a fan, and I dislike both teams, so I might sit it out, depending upon how the first game goes.
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I guess in the end I think both spreads are too high. Already have Hawks tt o14.5 to close out a parlay. +16.5/o36 in a teaser and Seattle in a ML parlay, so I'm hesitant to add.

Comment

NE -2 or -2.5 in a teaser just seems so damn easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                  NE -2 or -2.5 in a teaser just seems so damn easy.
                  And I have it as a last leg of a teaser lol

Comment

To me the seachickens are a bottom 5 team in the NFL, winning that **** division at 7-9 or not, and divisional round win or not...

I agree with you Reggie, a patriots play makes alot of sense....too much sense actually. That's why I'm worried and get a feeling the jets hang around. After all, it is the NFL and they need at least one competitive game today, don't they??

Comment

Bears playing great, nobody in a Hawks uniform can catch a pass.

Comment

I hear you Stif Pats do look too easy I really think the Jets can keep it close
                        IF they can make something happen on defense or special teams .

For all of his Bravado sexy rexy can coach some D maybe he comes up
                        with a scheme similiar to what Cleveland did. Or he can look at the game film from the greenbay game dont forget the Pats d gave up 366+ plus yards a game this year and 24 pts per but they scored 32+. And then you have the TB factor I hate that guy. Hopefully we get a good game to close out the week good luck today . :beerbang:
                        NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

Championship thoughts????

I'm thinking there will be quite a bit of Bears love based on them being home dogs, but they won't be getting any of my money. IMO Packers D is better, saw everything I needed to in the 4thq vs Seattle. GB, GB team total over and probably game over as well. I'm not waiting to see if Cutler blows it, I think even if he plays well the Packers win. Should be an exciting game.

Still looking over the Steelers/Jets game. Really not sure if I want to bet against either team.

Comment

Obviously Vegas backing the Packers with that line. Should be close if the Bears can have the same gameplan as in the last game of the season. Bears sneaking into the limelight after NFC has been given to the Saints, Falcons, and Packers... might be fun for a Bears ML, that's for sure.

Rex Ryan kissing Mike Tomlin and the Steelers butt is funny. A complete 180 for the first two games. What do the Steelers bring in comparison to the Colts/Pats? A better defense, to be sure, but offensively?

I think Sunday will be a great day to watch football. I haven't made any definitive bets yet.
                            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                            Updated on 01/13/18
                            ---
                            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I don't think vegas is backing GB. If they put out GB as another +3 dog they would never get even action on the game. They had to make GB the fav because they know everyone still wants to bet on them.

Homedog in a conference championship sounds really good to me. Homedogs on playoff games cover at an astounding rate.

Comment

My two cents.

First Packers/Bears - I think Chicago will do fine defensively against GB. They have a superior defensive line that is able to stop the run and get pressure without bringing extra guys. As long as they can retain some gap discipline and continue that I think they could again have great success against Rodgers. Chicago also does a great job of preventing the huge play with their cover 2 and will force GB to drive the ball on them all day. I think with minimal running game (against a very good run D) and a few sacks the Bears will get their share of stops. Chicago will not be the swiss cheese that Atlanta was in Rodgers career game. He won't have 2 career games in a row.

On the other side of the ball I think it will come down to who Cutler decides to challenge. The Bears don't have to go to their #1 WR to be productive so that reduces the factor that Woodson or Williams has in coverage since the Bears can throw it to their TE's or WR3+'s and RB's. I think if Chicago gets near 30 carries and to 100 yards on the ground that they are able to make enough plays to win the game. Cutler has been much more disciplined with his turnovers and if the Bears run the ball they will stay in manageable down and distances which will allow the Bears to take a few deep shots. They won't need 30 points to win this one.

I think their is a very good chance for the Bears ST to make an impact as well. They should help change field position to set up Chicago for FG's and pinning GB deep without their best offense. Plus you have the huge effect of home field. That place will be crazy with drunk Bears fans trying to withstand the cold weather. If they can score first, especially off a big play by any of the three areas the place will be nuts all game.

My thought Chicago 23 - GB 17.

Jets/Steelers

The Jets haven't been marching up and down the field on the Colts and Pats D's. If they can barely get to 20 on them how many will they score on Pitt? Will they score? The key to this game will be Pitt not giving up big plays on special teams and not turning it over, especially in an area that will directly lead to Jets points. Pittsburgh will be able to move the football (they are used to playing against Rex Ryan defenses and with good success for Ben). They face this type of defense atleast twice a year while the Jets rarely get tested with a physical don't give an inch defense. Mike Wallace will get over the top of Cromartie atleast once when the dumbass bites on a pump fake or just gets lazy. I think Sanchez will be forced to make plays and without a lot of time in the pocket I think he makes mistakes. I expect the Jets to have severe protection issues. They will not be able to block Harrison with one man and doubling him will leave them very exposed to zone blitzes. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets held under 10 points with Sanchez looking concussed on the sidelines from getting hit so hard all game.

Pittsburgh 20 NY Jets 6.
                                MLB
                                May
                                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                                Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Working...