No announcement yet.

***Playoff Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a feel for where the total is going to go in the CHi-GB game? Its at 43.5-44 right now.

I am going under for sure but cannot gauge if it will climb or drop before kick-off...Depends on weather too I guess.

Most time the over gets action late but don't know about this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
      If they put out GB as another +3 dog they would never get even action on the game. .
      I disagree with this statement.... I don't believe vegas wants even money on every game.
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Woody12 View Post
        Anyone have a feel for where the total is going to go in the CHi-GB game? Its at 43.5-44 right now.

I am going under for sure but cannot gauge if it will climb or drop before kick-off...Depends on weather too I guess.

Most time the over gets action late but don't know about this one?
        I am no good at predicting line moves, but what is your reasoning for playing an under? Just curious

Comment

Considering gb/chi have combined for 2 of the lowest scoring games in the league this year in their 2 contests, a total in the 44 range looks a bit high, doesn't it?

I'm thinking possible over play, as it sure seems more points are expected here than in their past meetings.

I personally don't think chicago's D is quite as good as advertised anyway, and Rodgers has become an elite NFL qb who is breaking out in a big way, imo. I highly doubt this is another 10-7 type game....

Comment

See this is where I'm at Stiff. To really low under games, a the total comes in at 43?? Beggingyou to take the under, and for that reason I believe I'm going over also. At some point the 2 offenses will figure out the D and force the D to make adjustments.

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
            Considering gb/chi have combined for 2 of the lowest scoring games in the league this year in their 2 contests, a total in the 44 range looks a bit high, doesn't it?

I'm thinking possible over play, as it sure seems more points are expected here than in their past meetings.

I personally don't think chicago's D is quite as good as advertised anyway, and Rodgers has become an elite NFL qb who is breaking out in a big way, imo. I highly doubt this is another 10-7 type game....

Comment

Totals of their last six meetings... since Rodgers has been QB
              13, 37, 35, 36, 37, 40

Over might be due.....

Comment

Couple thoughts:

Like the Bears this week. I think their D is real solid, and their corners have been playing very well down the stretch. Gave up a bunch of late points to Seattle when they were up big already, but I think they had packed it in at that point on D and weren't going to show much other than a straight pass rush. Only gave up 224 on 18-28 last time out against Rodgers when GB was laying it all out to get in the playoffs. Not saying the Bears didn't play there, but they had the ball driving deep in GB territory with a chance to tie when Cutler had a ball(what it looked like to me at least) slip out of his hand and float very badly. Hester, Knox, and Bennett are a hard bunch to cover even with Williams and Woodson playing very well. Bears run game also an advantage. Probably an under game here for me, thinking the Bears really try to establish the run and I don't think Rodgers hits the ground running against a huge step up in class on D.

Steelers game I see as a tough one, but really think the Steelers are the hot team here, not the Jets. Steelers last few games they've scored 31, 41, 27, and the 17 point game against the Jets where they won the ground game and dominated every stat besides the final score. Out gained them by 100+ overall, won TOP, first downs, plays, yards per play, etc. The Brad Smith kick return and the safety won the game, and Roethlisberger still put a ball in Matt Spaeth's chest on the last drive in the end zone and he dropped the game winning TD. Call it a homer look, but I don't see this as a FG game to be honest.

Comment

The majority of the games this post season has gone over.
                  So in that aspect you can say that the under is due.

Plus both teams scored a total of 83 points last week.
                  The majority of people mostly remember the week prior.

I'm still rolling with the Under.

Comment

yes all 4 went over last weekend.

Comment

• See The chi-gb total dropping at a lot of books now...at 43 at SI where it was 44 and I backed off it yesterday.:bang:

44...6 Td's at least. I cannot see each team getting into the endzone more than 2 and a couple FG with the cold ball/weather.

Everyone I talk to is saying the under is a public play and it may well be. Its is a little fishy that after a 10-3 game it is now at 43-44?

Just don't know.

I do like Pitts to win SU as my best bet of the wee, so i am trying to find a way to put them in a ML parlay somehow.

I see the 1/2 point coming into play in one of the games for sure.

Comment

• Best of luck to all:thumbs:

Comment

• What elite teams has Pitt even beat this year? Take away a couple wins against the ravens who they basically own when healthy, they lost to NYJ,NE, NO, as well as BAL. They did beat ATL but I thought ATL was overrated all season. Pitt really hasn't beaten anyone legit this year. Also, pitt outgained NYJ in the 1st matchup by like 100 yds and they still lost. NYJ defense is on a different level it seems with holding Peyton and Brady to minimal production, both qbs being better than Big Benny. I'll def be taking the points and hoping that the refs don't have too much to say for Pitt in this one :thumbs:

Comment

• Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                            Pitt really hasn't beaten anyone legit this year.
                            They went 5-1 in the division and only had 5 losses while struggling with injuries all season. I wouldn't go so far as to say they haven't beaten anyone, Ravens 2x, Falcons and convincing wins vs teams that were coming in hot (Oakland). I do think that they can be exploited in the passing game, but am unsure of Sanchez ability to capitalize. I think once again this game will come down to turnovers/special teams. I lean Pitt to win

Comment

• Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                              The majority of the games this post season has gone over.
                              So in that aspect you can say that the under is due.

IMO this kind of thinking causes trouble.

How on earth can you play an under in this league anymore? Every rule is now tailored to enhance offensive production, penalties moving chains etc. This year I have pretty much played only overs, maybe 3 unders played all season. I feel like most of the time playing an under you have to overcome so much more to win your wager...

Comment

• Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                                IMO this kind of thinking causes trouble.

How on earth can you play an under in this league anymore? Every rule is now tailored to enhance offensive production, penalties moving chains etc. This year I have pretty much played only overs, maybe 3 unders played all season. I feel like most of the time playing an under you have to overcome so much more to win your wager...
                                I agree, I made so much betting on the over. In addition to betting the under, you are stressed the entire game because usually on the last quarter the losing team is allowed meaningless scores i.e. Seattle shooting TD against Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X