JML Saturday "Hockey Day in Canada" >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Saturday "Hockey Day in Canada" >>>

My favourite day of the year....Hockey Day in Canada returns with a great triple-header....with headquarters stationed in Winkler, Manitoba!. All in all I think it is about 13 hours of straight hockey coverage on the CBC. Sweet. For some reason Detroit and Colorado are involved in this year's games (usually the 6 Canadian teams play each other), but I like the matchups regardless with former Norris Rivals Det/Tor hooking up for the first time in Toronto in 4 years, the battle of Alberta, and then the Col/Van rivalry is always good too.

Anyway....played these early.

Wings -165 vs Leafs - 5 Units
    Wings PL +160 vs Leafs - 1 Unit
    Detroit hasn't played in Toronto in so long, and now get to play on this special day....those Canadian Wings are going to be pumped. Detroit will show their skill on the hapless Leafs, and I see a blowout in the afternoon. No way Toronto wins this game, IMO.

Predators +155 vs Sharks - 4 Units
    What a whack line. SJ will be on a b2b and a 3/4 nights, and this team that struggles to score will be laying another huge fav ML against a very good Nashville squad on 2 days rest. This instantly turns into the play of the year if Nabokov is rested in this b2b spot, lol (the guy's played almost every game...they have to rest him some in the 2nd half you'd figure!!). Nashville is a good team, playing good hockey, and worth the insane value here, IMO.

Isles/Wild UNDER 5 +107 - 2 Units
    Two great goalies....NY has a bad offence, and some injuries up front....Wild play a defensive game....looks like a 2-1 Wild win to me...

Flyers -132 vs Rangers - 2 Units
    Like the Flyers at home against the struggling Rangers with their backup in net...

Avs/Canucks UNDER 5 +105 - 2 Units
    Luongo back in form, Canucks always have trouble scoring, and Theodore back in for the Avs....should be a 2-1 Avs win, IMO...

GL! :beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-09-2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: Triple scoop...

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    My favourite day of the year....Hockey Day in Canada returns with three double-headers....

enjoy....:beerbang:....what exactly constitutes "3 double-headers"....so that's 6 games?? or do you mean a triple header?....either way it's a ****load of hockey....i have the package so i guess if i want to celebrate it i can too....lol..GL!.....BTW......glad you could still find time for us "over here"....:laughing:....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

dang C/P writeups and everything....lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        enjoy....:beerbang:....what exactly constitutes "3 double-headers"....so that's 6 games?? or do you mean a triple header?....either way it's a ****load of hockey....i have the package so i guess if i want to celebrate it i can too....lol..GL!.....BTW......glad you could still find time for us "over here"....:laughing:....:thumbs:
        lmao....yeah...triple header!

HDIC is cool....even my wife likes it, because it has lots of feel-good community stories on towns and players around the country...

Started posting over there because of the CFL....they had some great CFL cappers over there (which was non-existent here), and then I started checking out the NHL forum too this year, b/c there seems to be more conversation in that sport as well (seems like it's only me and you "discussing" games here sometimes). Sometimes Predictem can seem like strictly a College sports capping website, IMO....which I know nothing about, lol....

Comment

dang C/P writeups and everything....lol.......
          Trying to get discussion! (usually only happens there...especially when you're busy, lol)

Comment

HDIC is cool....even my wife likes it, because it has lots of feel-good community stories on towns
            moosejaw........:beerbang:

Comment

Trying to get discussion! (usually only happens there...especially when you're busy, lol)
              lol...just giving you a hard time...:beerbang:....

i haven't even looked at tomorrow yet. heading out to lunch now. dang fridays during lent means i have to find a fish something to eat.

i have just gotten rolled in the NHL the past couple weeks. i had been doing well, but not lately. will take some time tonight to look over the card and post some stuff.

did you check out those futures i posted? i would be shocked if either guy goes, IMO

Comment

moosejaw........:beerbang:
                Go Warriors :thumbs:

Comment

enjoy....:beerbang:....what exactly constitutes "3 double-headers"....so that's 6 games?? or do you mean a triple header?
                  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(that's 3 doubleheader's worth of laughter)

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(that's 3 doubleheader's worth of laughter)
                    Are you lost? lol
                    Go bet on NorthWestEastern Mississippi State College hoops...lol :thumbs:

Laughs at me...the guy who gave him Zetterberg!
                    (hows his back anyway?)
                    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-08-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

how much longer does the owner in SAN keep paying those clowns to not come to work......outshot 26-5 to start the game through 2 periods....:dunno:...i could grab the 4 fat kids from my block who don't play sports and always have their cub scout uniforms on and we could get 5 SOG in 2 periods of an NHL game.

another 0-3 for me on Friday. I just can't hit anything. Giving it one more shot on Saturday and if it still isn't there, i may call it a season. Giving all my NCAACBB money away to the NHL.

Comment

how much longer does the owner in SAN keep paying those clowns to not come to work......outshot 26-5 to start the game through 2 periods....:dunno:...i could grab the 4 fat kids from my block who don't play sports and always have their cub scout uniforms on and we could get 5 SOG in 2 periods of an NHL game.
                        Yeah....seriously.....but I'm glad they were able to pull it out, even though they were outplayed by a tired team. Now I love tonight's Preds play even more.....we'll see how SJ fares against a top 10 team...

Comment

GL JML...will be on DET today!

Comment

Thanks Vaz...Added Philly and a couple Unders...
                            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-09-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hockey Day in Canada started at noon...sweet.

Goes until 2:00 AM... :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X