No announcement yet.

JML Saturday "Hockey Day in Canada" >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great interview with that kid from the chinook valley C Team.....:beerbang:.....thought the kid came off very polished....:laughing:

you going to be heading out to see the canadien flyers take on the ottawa alumni team??....tugger in goal.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

im having my own fking hockey day in america. im going to be showing the Flyers vs. NYR, TAM vs. ATL and NAS vs. SAN........no fking canadian teams allowed on my hockey day in the US.......:laughing:.....and fk tim horton's, we're gonna have tons of ads for Burger King

(actually if i can make it through a Flyers game vs. the NYR i'll be amazed. i always end up trowing the remote and walking away everytime they lose to those clowns)

Comment

Winkler Flyers............:beerbang:.....that's enough HDIC for me...on to the PHI game

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          im having my own fking hockey day in america. im going to be showing the Flyers vs. NYR, TAM vs. ATL and NAS vs. SAN........no fking canadian teams allowed on my hockey day in the US.......:laughing:.....and fk tim horton's, we're gonna have tons of ads for Burger King
          lol :beerbang:

And does it ever look cold in Winkler. wow.
          I grew up in the prairies....does it ever get cold out there...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            My favourite day of the year....Hockey Day in Canada returns with a great triple-header....with headquarters stationed in Winkler, Manitoba!. All in all I think it is about 13 hours of straight hockey coverage on the CBC. Sweet. For some reason Detroit and Colorado are involved in this year's games (usually the 6 Canadian teams play each other), but I like the matchups regardless with former Norris Rivals Det/Tor hooking up for the first time in Toronto in 4 years, the battle of Alberta, and then the Col/Van rivalry is always good too.

GL! ::
            Don't know why American teams are involved this year, but I sure wish Detroit would get to play Tor, Bos, Mon and the Rangers more often. A saturday afternoon game vs Toronto is cool as ****. Reminds me of when I was a kid:thumbs:

GL today!
            Last edited by Larry; 02-09-2008, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              Don't know why American teams are involved this year, but I sure wish Detroit would get to play Tor, Bos, Mon and the Rangers more often. A saturday afternoon game vs Toronto is cool as ****. Reminds me of when I was a kid:thumbs:
              Me too Larry...those were my favourite games growing up....Leafs and Wings....WAS a great great rivalry...

Comment

I should also add that it reminds me when the Wings were known as the Dead Wings:laughing: My god there was years when they couldn't even connect a pass:bang:

Seems like forever ago.

Comment

Me too Larry...those were my favourite games growing up....Leafs and Wings....WAS a great great rivalry...
                  another great idea from Gary Bettman....:puke:....lets trade in games between TOR/DET, DET/BOS, TOR/NYR for 3 more games a season between the Red Wings and Blue Jackets and the Coyotes and Kings....yipppeeeee.......

if Bettman were the commish of MLB he would have been gone years ago. he makes selig look like a rocket sceintist

Comment

And does it ever look cold in Winkler. wow.
                    lmao...as opposed to the other places they were showing like OTT where they were in bathing suits and no shirts.......:laughing:

i was just thinking to myself when they were interviewing that guy from the OTT alumni team that it is just plain cold period in Canada.......no wonder hockey is so big....it snows 13 months of the year....

and did i see dan anderson shoveling a path in the background......:beerbang:....dude is everywhere with that service........

Comment

another great idea from Gary Bettman....:puke:....lets trade in games between TOR/DET, DET/BOS, TOR/NYR for 3 more games a season between the Red Wings and Blue Jackets and the Coyotes and Kings....yipppeeeee.......

if Bettman were the commish of MLB he would have been gone years ago. he makes selig look like a rocket sceintist

Baseball isn't much better imo. 19 games vs KC, CWS, MIN for Detroit and a whopping 6 or 7 vs NY, BOS, BALT, and TOR:bang: Get rid of the interleague play and let me see the teams I grew up watching. The Yankees and Tigers use to have a great rivalry, I know most of it was before my time, but now it's no different then DET vs TEX.:puke:

Comment

lmao...as opposed to the other places they were showing like OTT where they were in bathing suits and no shirts.......:laughing:

i was just thinking to myself when they were interviewing that guy from the OTT alumni team that it is just plain cold period in Canada.......no wonder hockey is so big....it snows 13 months of the year....

and did i see dan anderson shoveling a path in the background......:beerbang:....dude is everywhere with that service........
                        Nah....the eastern Canada cities are the same temps as the US east coast cities Like Philly, Cleveland, Boston, Detroit etc. Western Canada is a different story. Minus 40 with windchill in Winkler is alot different than the minus 10 it is here and Ottawa.

Comment

Baseball isn't much better imo. 19 games vs KC, CWS, MIN for Detroit and a whopping 6 or 7 vs NY, BOS, BALT, and TOR:bang: Get rid of the interleague play and let me see the teams I grew up watching. The Yankees and Tigers use to have a great rivalry, I know most of it was before my time, but now it's no different then DET vs TEX.:puke:
                          I agree!

And the Tigers/Jays used to have a pretty good rivalry in the 80s as well...

Comment

I agree!

And the Tigers/Jays used to have a pretty good rivalry in the 80s as well...
                            I will never forget that last series of the '87 season. Det sweeps the Jays (1-0 complete game for Frank Tanana the last game) and the Tigers go to the playoffs. I believe Det was 6 games back with a week to go! Of course Det got hammered by Minny in the playoffs and Tor won back 2 back a few years later:bang:

Comment

Nah....the eastern Canada cities are the same temps as the US east coast cities Like Philly, Cleveland, Boston, Detroit etc. Western Canada is a different story. Minus 40 with windchill in Winkler is alot different than the minus 10 it is here and Ottawa.
                              how far north of the states is Winkler?.....i mean are we talking up near the ice roads??.....i am guessing Edmonton and Calgary are pretty cold...but why are they colder than OTT or TOR?

Comment

I will never forget that last series of the '87 season. Det sweeps the Jays (1-0 complete game for Frank Tanana the last game) and the Tigers go to the playoffs. I believe Det was 6 games back with a week to go! Of course Det got hammered by Minny in the playoffs and Tor won back 2 back a few years later:bang:
                                Yup...I remember that...one of the biggest collapses in history.

Comment

Working...
                                X