No announcement yet.

Deadline Trades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone think the addition of Richards could put the Stars over the top? They've been very quietly playing some amazing hockey. Yesterday, they activated Boucher and I believe Zubov should be back for the playoffs. They're now only 4 points behind the Wings (provided the Oil don't blow their lead). The reason I ask, is because Dallas shares at WSEX are trading for $7 while the Wings ($24) and Ducks ($14) are way higher than that. Does anyone think the Stars could legitimately beat either (or both) of these teams? Maybe there's some value there...of the three teams I think they have the best goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
      Does anyone think the addition of Richards could put the Stars over the top? They've been very quietly playing some amazing hockey. Yesterday, they activated Boucher and I believe Zubov should be back for the playoffs. They're now only 4 points behind the Wings (provided the Oil don't blow their lead). The reason I ask, is because Dallas shares at WSEX are trading for $7 while the Wings ($24) and Ducks ($14) are way higher than that. Does anyone think the Stars could legitimately beat either (or both) of these teams? Maybe there's some value there...of the three teams I think they have the best goaltender.
      Good point....it'll really be like getting Richards, Boucher & Zubov for the playoff run. Not too bad. And Turco always gives you a chance.

Personally I think Anaheim will be too strong...but the West should be a battle...and that Detroit share is a joke....not deep enough, and too old in net...I'll be fading them in the playoffs, as they will be overvalued huge....hey...I called Edm over them in the first round a couple years ago! lol...

Comment

How about them Sens? Two blowout shutouts in a row...and nothing at the deadline. GL with those goalies in the playoffs :thumbs:

Why wouldn't Ottawa give up a 2nd rounder for Huet? I can't believe he was being peddled for so cheap and none of these teams with no goaltending didn't jump. Well...the Caps did I guess...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          How about them Sens? Two blowout shutouts in a row...and nothing at the deadline. GL with those goalies in the playoffs :thumbs:

Why wouldn't Ottawa give up a 2nd rounder for Huet? I can't believe he was being peddled for so cheap and none of these teams with no goaltending didn't jump. Well...the Caps did I guess...lol...
          Yeah, I can't remember the price for goalies being so low. And yet the Sens get nobody...

Bryzgalov: Free
          Huet: 2nd Round Pick
          Smith: Brad Richards :laughing:

Comment

:laughing: :laughing: ....spezza 1 point in L6 games......that team has issues and they said today that the only reason you get a marty lapointe is if you have a ****ty dressing room. Word is that the room is divided over Emery and other things.

Angelus- i really like the Stars chances but then again it's Turco and the playoffs and they don't exactly bring harmonic tones when mixed. Rumors i have seen have Richards centering one of the top 2 lines with either Ribiero or Modano (most likely Ribiero especially after his FOC performance tonight and he has played wing before) moving to the wing. As you say, Boucher back, Robidas playing well......guys like Hagman putting the puck in the net......i think they are as good a play as any right now.
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Yeah, I can't remember the price for goalies being so low. And yet the Sens get nobody...

Bryzgalov: Free
              Huet: 2nd Round Pick
              Smith: Brad Richards :laughing:
              JML- the TAM wanted Bryz but because the ownership thing is so influx right now they wouldn't let Feaster i believe it is (TAM GM) pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                Angelus- i really like the Stars chances but then again it's Turco and the playoffs and they don't exactly bring harmonic tones when mixed. Rumors i have seen have Richards centering one of the top 2 lines with either Ribiero or Modano (most likely Ribiero especially after his FOC performance tonight and he has played wing before) moving to the wing. As you say, Boucher back, Robidas playing well......guys like Hagman putting the puck in the net......i think they are as good a play as any right now.
                It's all about value here. The Stars at $7 are seriously undervalued IMO. If they make it to the conference finals (which I think they will), you'd make a decent profit. And if the Wings or Ducks get upset early...you just never know. I just have to decide how many shares I want to buy...

Comment

It's all about value here. The Stars at $7 are seriously undervalued IMO. If they make it to the conference finals (which I think they will), you'd make a decent profit. And if the Wings or Ducks get upset early...you just never know. I just have to decide how many shares I want to buy...

it's all up to Turco. He has flamed out every chance he has gotten. Talent is there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                    it's all up to Turco. He has flamed out every chance he has gotten. Talent is there for sure.
                    Yeah, that scares me a little. But at the current odds...the risk is pretty small. Last year at this time I bought a bunch of Ducks shares. Unfortunately, I decided to sell a bunch of them instead of just riding it out...

Still made a pretty good profit though.

Comment

How 'bout dem Red Wings.

Shoulda faded their defence again tonight...

Comment

How 'bout dem Red Wings.

Garon is unbeaten in the shootout, now 9-0. He has only allowed 2 goals on 29 shots! Just sick... :thumbs:

Comment

How 'bout dem Red Wings.

They may be the Red Wings up front, but they are the Grand Rapids Griffins on the blue line:bang:

Comment

Working...
                          X