Draft Day Notes >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Make a trip to Toronto, and you can get that picture any day between 9-8, for about 6 bucks.
    how is that? one of the ducks players brought the cup to a small local restaurant by us. is that not the real cup.....:dunno:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• Aren't there two cups? So one can always be at the Hall of Fame? At least that's what I've heard...

Comment

• Yeah...there's 2....the original one stays in Toronto, then there's a travelling one for the players...

Comment

• Penner's deal is ridiculous. He gets $21.25 million for five years as a restricted free agent and Zach Parise gets $12.5 for four years? Parise had more goals and more assists last season (31 and 31 to 29 and 16) and is two years younger. They should both score about 35-40 goals this year, one would think and Penner gets almost $10 million more guaranteed).

Nice job once again, Lou!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            Penner's deal is ridiculous. He gets $21.25 million for five years as a restricted free agent and Zach Parise gets $12.5 for four years? Parise had more goals and more assists last season (31 and 31 to 29 and 16) and is two years younger. They should both score about 35-40 goals this year, one would think and Penner gets almost $10 million more guaranteed).

Nice job once again, Lou!!!
            Parise will be a better pro than Penner will be over the next few years. It's a hell of a steal for Lou.

Comment

• Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
              Parise will be a better pro than Penner will be over the next few years. It's a hell of a steal for Lou.
              i agree. Well Lowe got him as the ducks don't match the sheet. WOW....4.5M or so for Dustin Freeking Penner. I guess we'll see how good he really is with not a lot around him, and certainly not Stanley Cup talent in EDM this year.

Ducks GM Burke calls Edmonton offer to Penner 'gutless' - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

i am not a Ducks fan, but i have to say i really agree with Burke in his comments today (for some reason that link is an old title) and i don't think he is crying over spilt milk. I really do think he has a point. If middle tier guys or guys who are that unproven start commanding 4.2M+, then the league is headed in the wrong direction. But as always, JMO.
              Last edited by FlyersFan; 08-02-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• anyone hearing anything about ESPN possibly jumping back in the mix in '09? Buddy told me about it and i haven't been able to find anything on it. Man would that be nice. You could actually ask for a hockey game at a bar and have the guy be able to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  anyone hearing anything about ESPN possibly jumping back in the mix in '09? Buddy told me about it and i haven't been able to find anything on it. Man would that be nice. You could actually ask for a hockey game at a bar and have the guy be able to get it.
                  Source.... pittsburghpenguins.com

"QUESTION: I have been hearing rumors about an agreement between the NHL and ESPN for brodcasting rights. Is there any truth to this rumor?
                  -Dustin in Pittsburgh, PA

BOB GROVE: This subject was given some new life late last month when SportsBusiness Journal reported the NHL and ESPN have begun preliminary talks about the league's return to ESPN and its 92 million homes as early as the 2008-09 season. There have been no confirmations of the report, which cited multiple unnamed sources.

Such a move can't happen unless Versus, the current cable rightsholder, agrees to forfeit the cable exclusivity it enjoys with the NHL through 2010-11. The story suggested Versus might consider doing so if 1) it can strike a cross-promotional deal with ESPN in which each network touts upcoming games on either network and/or 2) it can renegotiate its rights fee, show more compelling games or land a contract extension. Further, the report traces ESPN's possible renewed interest in hockey to the more bullish NHL attitude of Executive VP of Content John Skipper.

The moment it ceased to be a business partner, the NHL began to receive deplorable treatment from ESPN, which this spring would virtually ignore hockey news while force-feeding its audience NASCAR features and highlights from the Arena Football League, in which it is an investor. SportsCenter's journalism credentials took a beating every time it demonstrated this kind of "it's-only-news-if-we-say-so" approach.

That said, given the network's reach, it will always make sense for the NHL to get back on ESPN. No one at ESPN imagined the NHL would emerge from the lockout the way it did -- in terms of attendance, revenue and style of game. Now, perhaps, the folks in Bristol are watching all those Sidney Crosby highlights and thinking it might be nice to have one of the most dynamic performers in all of sports on their schedule."

Lets hope it keeps moving in the right direction!
                  Everyday Is A Great Day for Hockey:party:

Comment

Working...
                  X