X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ufc 77

Spread Money Line Total Points Team Total Points
    UFC 77 - U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio - PPV
    must occur on or before October 28th for action, fight may occur in any UFC event for action
    Sat 10/20 301 Anderson Silva -225
    11:00PM (EST) 302 Rich Franklin +185
    must occur on or before October 28th for action, fight may occur in any UFC event for action
    Sat 10/20 401 Kalib Starnes -140
    9:00PM (EST) 402 Alan Belcher +100
    Sat 10/20 403 Brandon Vera -190
    11:00PM (EST) 404 Tim Sylvia +165
    Sat 10/20 851 Jason MacDonald +177
    7:00PM (EST) 852 Yushin Okami -250

cant wait too see vera kick the crap outta the mainac:beerbang: can franklin beat the spider this time??? if silva is on top of his game cant see rich winning.........mac and okami should be interesting, they both really need a win,flip a coin on that one.......... yukon any thoughts?? mike?? v3??

Comment

After being spoiled in September with fights every week, UFC 77 seems like a year away..:bang: I cant wait. Anderson Silva is on another level lately period. I thought Nate Marquardt had a shot and the spider embarrassed him! Rich is tough, and will be in shape, but how in the hell do you EVER come back Mentally from a beating like that? I just think that will play a huge part in Franklin losing. Imagine what will happen as soon as Anderson grabs him in the clinch? Rich might have a flashback and verbally tap??? Seriously though, this is MMA and with 4 oz gloves, anything can happen, we all know that. Just dont see any way in hell that Rich can pull it off! Anderson is a freak in the UFC and will have that belt as long as he wants. To me, -225 seems like a gift! As far as Vera vs. the walrus, dont know. On paper you would think that Vera has the more rounded skills and is by far more athletic.....duh!! but he has been on the shelf for quite a while. When was his last fight guys?? has it been a year? Dont know. I also have to think that big boy will be trying to redeem himself after having the old man beat the hell out of him....LOL!! Vera vs. Silvia is a little too hard for me to call. I actually like both of them, would love to see Vera get in the mix at 205. That would be unreal!

I hate to say it but Mcdonald as a dog might be a good pick. its just that I REALLY hate that guy!!

Comment

Mac is a sub machine, so he's always a live dog.

Franklin, I dont't know...thats a tough one. I would still have to take Silva in that one.

I think Starnes is the best bet with the least chalk.

Comment

Funny you say that v3... I think Belcher is the best bet... he was +115.

I think Franklin might actually surprise alot of people, all the hype is on Silva, no one expects Rich to win.

Kinda surprised Vera is -200 even though I think he is the more technical fighter. Okami should take care of Macdonald...okami is very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post

The only reason I say that is because UFC has put more marketing into Starnes and he definately has a bigger name. They would be dumb to put him in there with someone that could beat him right now. The UFC match makers are pretty good at building hype, they are smart people, and will try to make as much money as they can. I think Starnes winning would be better business for them, so, that's why I would pick him.

Just my train of thought with the UFC lately.

Comment

I think Franklin might actually surprise alot of people, all the hype is on Silva, no one expects Rich to win.

Kinda surprised Vera is -200 even though I think he is the more technical fighter. Okami should take care of Macdonald...okami is very solid.

Yukon-
              I agree that Rich "MIGHT" suprise people, but its not likely IMO. Im suprised his plastic surgeon will even let him get back in ther with the spider. After this one, I dont think they will be able to rebuild that nose.....again. I know, I know, Im being a dick about it but I truly dont believe you can come back mentally from that ass whooping so soon. Combine that with fighting in front of his home crowd. Too much pressure even for a professional at that level. The only way I see Anderson losing is if he gets so over confident that he forgets to show up. Anything is possible and Silva is certainly not Unbeatable, but damn, he just has so much of an edge over Rich. The only thing that makes me the slightest bit nervous is the line. Why isnt it -450 or more? Everyone knows how much of a striking exibition for Anderson the last one was. The line makers usually know more than me.....LOL!
              Either way I cant wait.

Dont know much about Belcher and I CANNOT stand Kalib Starnes. That display of complete pussy **** he pulled on the TUF show with Kendall made me sick to my stomach. "My rib........its broke........" Bitch please. I thought it was a bull**** exuse and a way out. Ill never trust that guy and truly doubt his heart and desire to be the best. You guys are on your own with those two.....LOL!! Good luck regardless!!!!
              Last edited by No1mikefan; 10-04-2007, 01:24 AM. Reason: Forgot about punk ass Kalib

Comment

think its time for some favs on the main card, god knows we have had a ton of upsets lately.........still say vera and silva take care of buisness..........also leaning toward okami, he had a bad fight with rich, think he bounces back, he dominated swick,between rounds swick was telling his corner man,,, this guy is really strong...........leaning toward the favs guys..........that dont mean i wont have some long shoot doggie parlays just in case:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                  The only reason I say that is because UFC has put more marketing into Starnes and he definately has a bigger name. They would be dumb to put him in there with someone that could beat him right now. The UFC match makers are pretty good at building hype, they are smart people, and will try to make as much money as they can. I think Starnes winning would be better business for them, so, that's why I would pick him.

Just my train of thought with the UFC lately.
                  Like trying to hype Shogun and Crocop (particularly crocop as the most dangerous striker), both got worked ha ha.

Belcher can definitely beat him.

Comment

Like trying to hype Shogun and Crocop (particularly crocop as the most dangerous striker), both got worked ha ha.

Belcher can definitely beat him.
                    You can look at that both ways though. That was when the whole UFC vs Pride fued was going on. Forrest beating Shogun was a much better thing for the UFC than Shogun beating Forrest. These are UFC fans we are talking about here, the vast majority of them are not MMA fans. No one knew Shogun. No one knew Crocop. People knew Forrest and people knew Gonzaga. It worked out great for them.

Im just looking at the value. Belcher beating Sterns would be a moot point.

Comment

Hey just wanted to throw this out there Randy Couture quit UFC today.

Comment

:thumbs:
                        Originally posted by coreyschucky View Post
                        wow bet tim and gonzaga were very sad:thumbs: i was never a big randy fan,, but his last few fights really caught my attention,, give the guy alot of credit.... he is one bad ass!!! guess now he will make his money talking for ufc and being a trainer.........this leaves the door wide open in hw div.........counting on vera winning sat night

Comment

lets go yukon

Sat 10/20 101 Anderson Silva -210 Over 1½ -145

11:00PM (EST) 102 Rich Franklin +170 Under 1½ +125

* Game Note: Middleweight Championship. U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio.
                          Sat 10/20 104 Kalib Starnes -130 Over 1½ -140

9:00PM (EST) 105 Alan Belcher +100 Under 1½ +120

* Game Note: U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio.
                          Sat 10/20 107 Brandon Vera -160 Over 1½ -110

11:00PM (EST) 108 Tim Sylvia +130 Under 1½ -110

* Game Note: Heavyweights. U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio.
                          Sat 10/20 110 Jason MacDonald +170 Over 1½ -182

7:00PM (EST) 111 Yushin Okami -210 Under 1½ +152

Comment

Originally posted by coreyschucky View Post

SHOCKED!!! to say the least. Reportedly the only fight he wanted was Fedor. Seeing as how Fedor has now signed with someone else basically refusing the offers made by the UFC, I guess I can see Randy's point. He is also filming the Scorpion Returns movie or something like that, has a ton of business commitments, etc...I guess??? Still cant believe it though. DAMN, I wanted to see the old man fight Fedor. But hey, thats just me being selfish as a fan. If there is one thing Randy has earned, its the right to go out on top. The Natural has cemented his legend status already and nobody can ever agrue that. The guy was one of a kind. DAMN, I hate to see him go. Just when the division is getting interesting! Good Luck Randy!

Comment

Captain America is still one of the best MMA fighters ever, he went out on top...that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X