Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATP/WTA - Australian Open - (1/14 - 1/27)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youzhny won 6-3, 6-4, 6-2!!!!
    Tsonga won 6-3, 6-4, 6-2!!!!

ATP Main Draw: 17-7 (+35.9 units)
    WTA Main Draw: 12-5 (+35.2 units)
    ATP/WTA Doubles: 5-2 (-6 units)
    Challenger Series: 2-0 (+20 units)
    ATP Qualifying: 3-0 (+18 units)
    WTA Qualifying: 3-1 (+20.25 units)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

• Friday

ATP

10* Tomas Berdych (-340) Over Juan Monaco - 7:00 PM
      10* James Blake (-300) Over Sebastian Grosjean - 8:30 PM
      10* Fernando Gonzalez (-235) Over Marin Cilic - 8:30 PM

WTA

10* Anna Chakvetadze (-270) Over Maria Kirilenko - 7:00 PM
      10* Caroline Wozniacki (-220) Over Sabine Lisicki - 10:00 PM

Saturday

ATP

10* David Nalbandian (-220) Over Juan Carlos Ferrero - 7:00 PM

Good Luck to All!!!!
      Last edited by coreyschucky; 01-19-2008, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        GL corey!

Tailing you on Youzhny & Tsonga....parlaying them for 2 units with Na Li for a 3 match parlay :beerbang:
        :thx:

Good thing I layed off fish....he got smoked....

Na Li :thumbs:

Comment

• is there a bigger joke on the whole ATP tour than andy "i have no game but my serve" roddick :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: what a bum this dude is every grand slam
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

• Yeah, Dan....he's all hype....if he was from any other country besides the US, he'd be just another decent pro. The US networks are dying for a homegrown star to compete with Golf's Tiger Woods....

Comment

• Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
              is there a bigger joke on the whole ATP tour than andy "i have no game but my serve" roddick :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: what a bum this dude is every grand slam
              Dan - Did you watch the match? I thought Andy played great. At times his forehand left him. The biggest problem in the match was his decision to come to the net constantly. Kohlschreiber was absolutely brilliant with his passing shots. The stats for both players were legendary. First time I saw Kohly play and I was extremely impressed. He might have the 2nd best backhand in the game next to Federer.

Kohlschreiber 104 winners..33 Unforced Errors...32 Aces
              Roddick 79 winners....23 Unforced Errors...42 Aces

Comment

• Originally posted by coreyschucky View Post
                Dan - Did you watch the match? I thought Andy played great. At times his forehand left him. The biggest problem in the match was his decision to come to the net constantly. Kohlschreiber was absolutely brilliant with his passing shots. The stats for both players were legendary. First time I saw Kohly play and I was extremely impressed. He might have the 2nd best backhand in the game next to Federer.

Kohlschreiber 104 winners..33 Unforced Errors...32 Aces
                Roddick 79 winners....23 Unforced Errors...42 Aces
                no i did not watch the match cause i was snoring away........but it seems every grand slam they hype roddick up oh he can make the finals maybe compete with federer etc......and he never makes the finals and if he does federer just rolls him to a tune of 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or something like that......just wish the guy would live up to the hype, and greatness that Patrick McEnroe and those others who blow him think he is......Why does VINNY ICE get no hype from McEnroe.......they better be showing him tonight on espn2

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

no i did not watch the match cause i was snoring away........but it seems every grand slam they hype roddick up oh he can make the finals maybe compete with federer etc......and he never makes the finals and if he does federer just rolls him to a tune of 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or something like that......just wish the guy would live up to the hype, and greatness that Patrick McEnroe and those others who blow him think he is......Why does VINNY ICE get no hype from McEnroe.......they better be showing him tonight on espn2
                  Cause there is no one part of Vinny Ice's game that's really any good. The best part of his game is his mental toughness and willingness to fight in every match. His serve, backhand and forehand are average. The problem with Roddick is the HYPE machine. No one ever said Roddick was the best. He's got one of the best serves in the game but after that his game is average. He's got a very good forehand, poor backhand, and good net skills. Roddicks fitness is very good and touch ok. Overall he is one of the top 10 players in the world but due to the fact that there is no american superstar in tennis the announcers and writers annoint him into the category of Federer and Nadal when he's clearly not at that level.

Comment

Cause there is no one part of Vinny Ice's game that's really any good. The best part of his game is his mental toughness and willingness to fight in every match. His serve, backhand and forehand are average. The problem with Roddick is the HYPE machine. No one ever said Roddick was the best. He's got one of the best serves in the game but after that his game is average. He's got a very good forehand, poor backhand, and good net skills. Roddicks fitness is very good and touch ok. Overall he is one of the top 10 players in the world but due to the fact that there is no american superstar in tennis the announcers and writers annoint him into the category of Federer and Nadal when he's clearly not at that level.
                    yeah .......he is for sure not on fed's or nadals level........sometimes i even think james blake is better than roddick and that is not saying much........as for vinny ice obviously hes not a great player.......but how can you not love the guy and his battle rap........:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

yeah .......he is for sure not on fed's or nadals level........sometimes i even think james blake is better than roddick and that is not saying much........as for vinny ice obviously hes not a great player.......but how can you not love the guy and his battle rap........:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
                      Blake could be as good if not better but is totally weak mentally. I like Vinny but he gets no respect from the tennis world. Probably because of the book he wrote basically bashing everyone.

Comment

Blake could be as good if not better but is totally weak mentally. I like Vinny but he gets no respect from the tennis world. Probably because of the book he wrote basically bashing everyone.
                        oh yea what did it say in vinny ice's book i never have read it?

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

oh yea what did it say in vinny ice's book i never have read it?
                          Honestly I don't remember. I'm pretty sure he ripped a few players on tour and talked about what happens in the players locker room. Here's an article from the NY Post after the book was released.

SPADEA BOOK BLISTERS BLAKE
                          By MARC BERMAN

August 29, 2006 -- U.S. OPEN NOTEBOOK
                          The forever flaky Vince Spadea has ticked off players on the men's circuit, including James Blake, for his new book - Breaking Point, The Secret Diary of A Pro Tennis Player.

Spadea will frequently put his name down on the practice sheet and the other slot will go unsigned.

"We're having a hard time finding practice partners and doubles partners," Spadea's coach John Skelly told The Post. "So one time we wrote in Paris Hilton."

Co-authored by Dan Markowitz, Spadea depicts Blake as not the nice guy everyone thinks, and he tears apart Blake's game. Blake said Spadea "crossed the line."

Spadea told The Post yesterday, "That's a political statement that holds no value. I don't know what that code is. Is it written down?"

A self-described single surfer dude from California, Spadea also writes about his womanizing on the tour. "There's some romantic endeavors - women count for 50 percent of the population, so I've run into some things on the tour besides tennis balls," Spadea said.

In his book, Spadea penned, "You hit it deep to Blake's backhand, he's not going hurt you, his serve also lets him down. There are always one or two service games a match he just folds or double-faults . . . Blake's forehand is not correct with his geometry. If you ask an expert, there's no way in the world he's going to tell you that Blake's forehand is rock solid."

Spadea and Blake had a falling out in Vienna in 2002 when Blake accused him of stalling when he took a bathroom break.

Comment

• "There's some romantic endeavors - women count for 50 percent of the population, so I've run into some things on the tour besides tennis balls," Spadea said.

:laughing:
                            **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

• Originally posted by manmythlegend View Post
                              "There's some romantic endeavors - women count for 50 percent of the population, so I've run into some things on the tour besides tennis balls," Spadea said.

:laughing:
                              LOVE VINNY ICEEEEEEEEEEEE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                              NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                              MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                              CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

• Just saw clips of Roddick's meltdown on the chair umpire though....that was classic...wow :laughing:

Comment

Working...
                                X