X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syracuse and the ****ty committee

First off, I have to get this off my chest:

This committee is a ******* JOKE

Syracuse not getting in is MIND BOGGLING.

How the **** does Arkansas get in? Arkansas was 7-9 in a GOD AWFUL SEC West and then wins 3 games in a row (South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State), and they get in? Big deal they beat those three teams? Arkansas lost to Missouri by 22, to Texas Tech by 15, and to Mississippi State by 24. Florida also BLEW THEM OUT TODAY. BLEW THEM OUT!

How the **** does Illinois get in? They scored 41 ******* points last night against OSU. That is a tournament team? Be serious. They are and AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL offensive basketball team. AWFUL. Illinois has ZERO Top 25 wins, and their best win is at home against Michigan State. No road wins, not Top 25 teams. Nothing. They scored UNDER 50 points 4 times this year.

Stanford was 4-6 in their last 10 games and they get in? WTF?

Xavier over Syracuse? The Atlantic 10 was an ATROCITY this season and Xavier's best win is over Villanova and they lost to freakin' Duquense and Cincinnati. Come on. Syracuse goes 9-7 in the best, or second best, conference in America and they don't get in but Xavier does?

Syracuse beat GEORGETOWN a week and half ago. They played ND to the wire in a great Big East Quarterfinal. There's a NO ******* WAY either Illinois or Arkansas should be in over Syracuse (and Drexel even).

ON TO THE COMMITTEE
    They should be ashamed of themselves. Who is on the committtee? Someone please post in this thread if you have the list. How the **** does the **** ASS Big 10 get 6 teams and the Big East gets only 6? The SEC West gets a team? Why? Arkansas was 7-9? The winner of the SEC West was 8-8. ******* JOKE.

College sports needs to wake up and stop sucking BIG 10 COCK. Why does it get all this respect in football and basketball? Open your eyes people. The conference was HUGELY DOWN in both sports this year. The Big East got COMPLETELY disrespected with their seeds and Syracuse not making it. Louisville a #6? Notre Dame a #6? Marquette a #8?

The Big East, Pac 10, and ACC were clearly a cut above everyone else this season in basketball, and the ACC and Pac 10 got rewarded and the Big East got ****ED IN THE ASS.

:bitching:
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-11-2007, 06:40 PM.

I know the AD from Virginia is on the staff, they could be a huge part of why UVA was ranked a fourth seed. I am just stunned the Cuse didnt get in, thought they were a lock.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I couldnt have said it better myself, Cusefan. I think the past few years the committee has dissed the Big East in seeding. Im a huge Pitt fan, and this is the first time in 4 years that are seeded correctly, because they left the Petersen Events Center and played tough games away from home. The Syracuse snub was horrible, but they didnt have a good RPI(Below 50), because they didnt play anyone in their NonConference schedule, which the committee looks way too highly on. But if anyone here can give me why Illinois, Arkansas, Stanford, deserve to be in over them id like to listen. Hopefully they learn from pitt and schedule some real opponents in the nonconference, because they definitely deserve to be dancing.
      NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

I agree with you 100% on every single thing you said. Especially Stanford getting in.... how the **** does Stanford get in!?!?
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

that is right on cue CUSE....right on cue, I agree with everything you say completely 100% SYracuse being left out is a ******* ******* ******* joke, i know im a big east head but they beat georgetown the hottest team in america....the committee was drunk i think....Illinois and Arkansas and Stanford all should have been left out...Drexel Cuse and Kansas State shoulda been in
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Good point about Boeheim not scheduling anyone, and I agree with you they need to change it. Still, they are CLEARLY more deserving than Arkansas (who got blown out today and about 5 times this year), and Illinois (who I'm sorry, but that not a good basketball team, they are inept).

Let's all slurp the Big 10 and their BIG MONEY..... Yaaaayyyyyy :pud:

Comment

Kevin (New York)
              There is no way that Syracuse should have been left out of the field. They won 22 games including games vs. Georgetown, Villanova, and Marquet.

MARK SCHLABACH
              That's three of the 22 wins. The other 19 were against average or bad basketball teams. You're getting no sympathy from me on that one. I'm sorry. The Orange didn't beat enough good teams to get in the field, in my opinon.

from an espn chat

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                that is right on cue CUSE....right on cue, I agree with everything you say completely 100% SYracuse being left out is a ******* ******* ******* joke, i know im a big east head but they beat georgetown the hottest team in america....the committee was drunk i think....Illinois and Arkansas and Stanford all should have been left out...Drexel Cuse and Kansas State shoulda been in
                Totally with ya Phill's, Drexel & K-State don't get in when Stanford & Arkansas get in, WOW:conf: !!!! Shoot K-State thumped Tech in the Big 12 tourney & Tech gets in and K-State stays @ home w/ a (10-6) record, JOKE!!!! Drexel had some huge wins, but a crummy Stanford team gets in that is just a joke.......Just my two cents worth:nuts:

Late,
                Bbaked
                NCAA B Ball 2008: 3-5
                NCAA Football 07-08 54-33-1

Comment

Cuse, sorry you guys didn't get in, but unfortunately it happens to somebody every year.

We feel fortunate to get a bid here in Arkansas, but had we not made it, there are some teams that we would have singled out also.

Yes we did get blown out at Missouri (whose coach has a hard on for the Hogs), Texas Tech, Miss. St (who we also beat two times) and Florida (lost by 7 at Florida and the number one seed in the nation)today, but twewere also 4-2 against top 25 teams (top 25 when they played). Cuse was 2-5 against the top 25 teams they played all year. Hogs 7-9 during league play, however 10-10 when you include the SEC tourny.

Why don't you single out Villanova? You did finish ahead of them in your conference. I'm glad you mentioned Drexel (barely), as most people think they were the team that got shafted.

Sorry that you feel bad, but if you think that Arkansas is the worst team in the Tourny, you're wrong.

What makes you think that the Big East deserves 7 teams in the tourny? 25% of their conference is sub.500. the SEC had 1 team below .500.

Again, I'm sorry, but your just posting with emotion. If it wasn't Syracuse, you probably wouldn't have posted at all like you did.

Look at the positive side. you can fill out a bracket without a favorite team bias, so you will probably win. GL to you and thanks for this opportunity to post.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheRaven View Post
                    Kevin (New York)
                    There is no way that Syracuse should have been left out of the field. They won 22 games including games vs. Georgetown, Villanova, and Marquet.

MARK SCHLABACH
                    That's three of the 22 wins. The other 19 were against average or bad basketball teams. You're getting no sympathy from me on that one. I'm sorry. The Orange didn't beat enough good teams to get in the field, in my opinon.

from an espn chat
                    1- Kevin from New York needs to learn how to spell 'Marquette"

2- This bozo Mark Schlabach needs to get his head out of his ass. Do these people watch teams play? So what big wins did Illinois have then Mr Schlabach (whoever you are, you idiot)? Or how about Arkansas?

Yea..... That's what I thought. :thumbs:

Comment

:cry: LMAO. they did get screwed
                      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by redhog55 View Post
                        Cuse, sorry you guys didn't get in, but unfortunately it happens to somebody every year.

We feel fortunate to get a bid here in Arkansas, but had we not made it, there are some teams that we would have singled out also.

Yes we did get blown out at Missouri (whose coach has a hard on for the Hogs), Texas Tech, Miss. St (who we also beat two times) and Florida (lost by 7 at Florida and the number one seed in the nation)today, but twewere also 4-2 against top 25 teams (top 25 when they played). Cuse was 2-5 against the top 25 teams they played all year. Hogs 7-9 during league play, however 10-10 when you include the SEC tourny.

Why don't you single out Villanova? You did finish ahead of them in your conference. I'm glad you mentioned Drexel (barely), as most people think they were the team that got shafted.

Sorry that you feel bad, but if you think that Arkansas is the worst team in the Tourny, you're wrong.

What makes you think that the Big East deserves 7 teams in the tourny? 25% of their conference is sub.500. the SEC had 1 team below .500.

Again, I'm sorry, but your just posting with emotion. If it wasn't Syracuse, you probably wouldn't have posted at all like you did.

Look at the positive side. you can fill out a bracket without a favorite team bias, so you will probably win. GL to you and thanks for this opportunity to post.
                        Look, I respect your opinion on congrats is all I will say. I'm not going to get into a verbal war with an Arkansas fan. I will, however, acknowledge a couple misguided points if I may.

1- "25% of the conference is sub .500"..... Yea, well it's kinda hard not to be that way when there are 16 teams in the conference. They can't all have winning records at the end of the year. That's not really plausible. On the other hand, not one single team in the mighty SEC West was over .500 in conference play (which is atrocious).

2- "Arkansas is 10-10 is you include the SEC Tournament"..... Ok, well then Syracuse is 11-7 and plays in the better conference which has the most ranked teams. Last time I checked, 11-7 trumps 10-10 (not to mention in a better conference).

3- You act like getting blown out is no big deal. Well, maybe it wouldn't be. Except for the fact that Arkansas got blown out 4 times, not once and were embarrassed today in the conference championship game.

4- Nice wiseass comments at the end, that's my style and was good kick in my nuts as you left. If you weren't a Razorback fan, maybe you could see that they are undeserving.

Syracuse and Drexel should be in there over Arkansas and Illinois. It's really not an argument in my eyes, and not to speak for others but I think a majority of people agree.

Comment

I felt Syracuse should be in, and Kansas St (I thought the thrashing of tourney team Texas Tech and playing #1 overall seed Kansas tough this weekend was enough)....but unfortunately a few teams who are probably deserving get left out every year.

The problem with these clowns is they go by what's on paper....and stats LIE way more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by redhog55 View Post

Single out Villanova for what... Having the 4th SOS, beating Texas, Georgetown, Louisville, Syracuse, beat a ****ty Big 10 team Iowa by 29 but according to the committee the number 7 in that conference has to be awesame, sweep the big 5, win by 16 at oklahoma, beat notre dame syracuse and have a winning record in conference...Your team got blown out and embarrased in the SEC final and embarassed on multiple occasions during the season, so what is there to be said about that Villanova resume....9-7 in conference...a winning conference record, and you guys were in the SEC West which had 0 ranked teams, and still had a losing record, I dont think that merits a tourney team IMO...Syracuse beat GTOWN...non conf losses were to Wichita which was super at the beginning of year, Drexel a snub, and OK State who was awesame at the beginning of the season... they alos beat Nova and Marquette and finished in the Top 5 in the BIG EAST
                            To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                            2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

I'm not going to post a long argument but I tend to agree with Cuse. Arkansas should not be in there one bit for all the reasons he states. Cuse should be in however. On the other hand I also think Drexel should be in instead of Illinois, but don't see as big of a problem in that but much bigger in Arkansas over Cuse.
                              Year to Date At Predictem on NCAA BBALL:
                              23-12-2

Comment

Working...
                              X