No announcement yet.

Syracuse and the ****ty committee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly thought FSU would get in but.....NOT!
    No matter what tourney sends out the invites, someone will always be left off the list....look at the newly revamped NIT. NO AKRON? They invite the conference winner Toledo who played in the weakest of the two divisions...

The MAC West 45 - 51 vs. the MAC (only two teams over .500)
    The MAC West 77 - 100 overall

The MAC East 51 - 45 vs. the MAC (4 of 6 teams over .500)
    The MAC East 109 - 82 overall
    4 of first 6 (#1 and #2) in scoring offense
    5 of first 6 (#1) in scoring defense
    5 of first 6 (#1, 2, 3, 4) in scoring margin
    4 of first 5 in field goal %
    The MAC offensive player of the year
    The MAC freshman player of the year

I could go on and on...but even though it's ONLY THE NIT Akron as well as Kent got screwed......IMO!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      You also have to take into consideration that they are an inept offensive basketball team who just barely broke 40 points.

:bang:
      You do realize that they left everything on the floor against Indiana right? Everyone told them they to had to win that game and they did. They had nothing left against Wisky since that was the 3rd game in 3 nights!!! And while their O isn't very good, their defense is out of this world good and will cause some problems in the tourney.

With regards to the Cuse, maybe if Devendorf wouldn't throw the ball away every other time down the court, they'd have won more games and made the tourney. And why does Boeheim whine so much? He's such a sniveling puny little guy.. reminds me of my high school geometry teacher.

Comment

I agree Joe, I think Akron got SCREWED to not make it to the NIT... that's bs...
        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
          NO AKRON? They invite the conference winner Toledo who played in the weakest of the two divisions...
          By new rule, they have to invite every NCAA Conference regular season champ who doesn't make the NCAA tournament so the NIT doesn't just pick who they want to make money. Toledo must have been the #1 seed in the MAC Tourney?

There's your answer.

Comment

Arkansas,Illinois

All one and done anyway..
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
              All one and done anyway..
              I wouldn't guarantee that.. Illinois has a chance against a not so great VT team while Arkansas is better than most people think.. I wouldn't count them out yet wonk.. If you think that then I might as well say Duke is one and done. (haha)
              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Duke

One and Done also .. :beerbang:
                Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

This will be my last post on seeding and snubs, because from here on out im concentrating solely on the NCAA tournament and the NIT, which i think we will be able to make money in. People asked who was on the committee and here is the most important fact about who was.

Big Ten Representatives on Committee: 5
                  Big East Representatives on Committee: 0

Illinois in, Purdue in, Syracuse out, Marquette an 8.
                  NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

Wonk, i agree with you most of the time, but i really think Arkansas has a legitimate shot to beat USC in the 1st round.
                    NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

Syracuse being left out is a disgrace and clearly shows that the committee is on drugs. i dont see how Illinois made it in there either because they haven't beaten any good teams all year. sure they can play a little D but still they are mediocre at best.

Comment

Robbed!!!Definetly should have got in over several teams but ESPECIALLY Arkans ASS!

Comment

CELEVELAND PLAIN DEALER

Akron floored again by NIT; Toledo going to Florida State
                          Monday, March 12, 2007
                          From staff and wire reports

The stunning setbacks continued to hit the Akron men's basketball team on Sunday night. To not make the NCAA Tournament field hurt, but was somewhat expected after suffering a 53-52 last-second loss to Miami in the MAC Tournament. But for the MAC team with the most wins (26-7) and the highest RPI (No. 69, CBSsportsline.com) not to get into the 32-team NIT field left Zips coach Keith Dambrot almost speechless.

"It's hard to believe we didn't get in," Dambrot said. "I can't figure it out. Only nine teams in the country had more road/neutral wins than us [13]. This is on the league. I can't blame us. We did what we had to do. It's not right. It's just not right."

Only Toledo (19-12), the MAC champ who also lost to Miami, was invited to the NIT as an automatic. The champion of any conference goes to the NIT that does not make the NCAA Tournament cut. Toledo plays at Florida State (20-12) at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

The only negative on Akron's resume was its strength of schedule, ranked No. 185. Two notable teams with worse records that got in ahead of the Zips, DePaul (18-13) and North Carolina State (18-15), had strength of schedules at No. 25 and No. 46, respectively. But that did not ease the pain for the league.

"I'm as flabbergasted as anybody," said Rick Boyages, the MAC's director of basketball operations. "These [NIT selection committee] guys get every piece of material we've got on our teams. This is my job. I don't understand this."
                          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Am I the only one thinks its hilarious that Akron got left out? To think they had the NCAA in the bag and end up with nada. Pretty funny.

Comment

I don't think it's funny... I think its ****ed up. Refs really dropped the ball in that game.

Comment

As much as I think Syracuse got snubbed, I think Drexel not getting in was even more of a joke. Remember, Drexel went to Syracuse and won the game. Lets face it, its never going to be fair.

You cant put Drexel in over ODU because they were 0-2 against them. You cant put Syracuse in over Drexel because they lost to them. Its just never going to be fair.

Syracuse should have played a tougher non-conference schedule. They didnt play anyone besides Drexel or Wichita St. And btw, they lost to both of those teams.
                                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Working...
                                X