Syracuse and the ****ty committee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    rThe problem with these clowns is they go by what's on paper....and stats LIE way more often than not.
    Exactly, did the freaking committee not watch the highly competitive Notre Dame/Syracuse game this past Thursday? They must have missed Syracuse being up at the half and playing a tight, entertaining, competitive game the whole way.

They also must have missed Arkansas' spell-binding play today, huh??? That was a real nail-biter wasn't it????

It just makes no sense.....

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
      Single out Villanova for what... Having the 4th SOS, beating Texas, Georgetown, Louisville, Syracuse, beat a ****ty Big 10 team Iowa by 29 but according to the committee the number 7 in that conference has to be awesame, sweep the big 5, win by 16 at oklahoma, beat notre dame syracuse and have a winning record in conference...Your team got blown out and embarrased in the SEC final and embarassed on multiple occasions during the season, so what is there to be said about that Villanova resume....9-7 in conference...a winning conference record, and you guys were in the SEC West which had 0 ranked teams, and still had a losing record, I dont think that merits a tourney team IMO...Syracuse beat GTOWN...non conf losses were to Wichita which was super at the beginning of year, Drexel a snub, and OK State who was awesame at the beginning of the season... they alos beat Nova and Marquette and finished in the Top 5 in the BIG EAST
      Haha... He's just a homer that's happy. I would be too if I were him. Fans of Illinois and Arkansas should play the ******* lottery today.

Whatever.

Comment

Hope some of you stop jumping on Arkansas back and turn your attention to Illinois. Unlike all of the bubble teams, Arkansas did make a run to the conference championship game. I agree, it was an easy path through that SEC West but nonetheless, they made it to Sunday. Now, I am not saying they should be in over Syracuse, but I really want to turn focus to Illinois because how this team got in over a team like Syracuse is beyond me.

Atleast we can say Arkansas made it to their title game, Illinois totally sucked vs Wisky.

Its never going to be perfect...But Illinois in over Syracuse or Drexel? I dont know
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Illinois pretty much had a tournament in their home court....playing in their home state and they couldnt even keep it within 10 of a Wisconsin team that really isnt that good...best win, Michigan State... your right they dont belong, my gosh im still fuming over the committee.... its so sad, syracuse and drexel and kansas state really deserved to be in over Ark, STAN, and Illini
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Thanks for the reply Cuse. I understand your side and we can agree to disagree about the Hogs.

I really like this site and I really love this time of year. Can't wait for Thursday.

Get all of it out of your system for the next couple of days. We all need you to be focused by Thursday, because if there is one thing we both love it's winning and money.

GL

Comment

Cuse, I wanted to bring one point up to you. I remember the other day, you talked about these "major" conference tournaments and said no one really cares, they dont matter, stuff like that. Do your thoughts change now because I think you were totally wrong on that one.

First look at the number 1 seeds, obviously all four of them won their conference tournaments. Obviously the committee looked that that hard. Your Cuse and other teams like Air Force, Florida St, Kansas St, Drexel were all knocked out before the semi's or finals of their respective conference tournament. All of those teams missed.

Then you have a team like Arkansas who made a run to the final of their conference tourny, they obviously got in.

I think these conference tournys are huge, I dont think you could say otherwise, especially after today.
              NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
              NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
              NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
              NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I think the Illini got very lucky to get in this year. They aren't anything spectacular and I would have put Cuse in over them anyday.
                Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

anyone who thinks that arkansas and ****in illinoi deserve to be in over cuse and k-state need to either start watching some college basketball or get out of this forum. thats ridiculous.
                  and also, idk how nova even got into this conversation. there more than deserving of being in the big dance. I think they could potentially do some damage in the tourney.
                  sorry cuse fan

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                    Cuse, I wanted to bring one point up to you. I remember the other day, you talked about these "major" conference tournaments and said no one really cares, they dont matter, stuff like that. Do your thoughts change now because I think you were totally wrong on that one.
                    Dookie GM - My point was more about them not mattering with regard to who wins. No major conference team received a bid because they won their tournament. I understand they matter for seeding and teams playing themselves in and out of the Big Dance, but IMO:

1-Arkansas didn't play themselves in anyway since they got bombed today
                    2-Stanford lost to a good USC team so that was irrelevant on their behalf I think
                    3-Illinois didn't play well either, so I don't see how they improved their lot

The decisions just didn't add up, IMHO. The fact that Arkansas got in though doesn't really bolster my argument, I admit. Haha, but my counter argument is that the committee ****ed up and not these teams earned their way in, ya know?

Fair point on your behalf though.

Comment

Illinois finished 4th in the Big 10, and also had a 33 RPI and an SOS in the 20s. They had 23 wins and made it the Big 10 Semis.

In their preseason, they played Zona and Maryland. Granted they didn't win those games but were very competitive without 2 of their better players in Randle and Smith. I also think McBride wasn't available for one of those games. Gotta take all that stuff into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaymanIslands View Post
                        Illinois finished 4th in the Big 10, and also had a 33 RPI and an SOS in the 20s. They had 23 wins and made it the Big 10 Semis.

In their preseason, they played Zona and Maryland. Granted they didn't win those games but were very competitive without 2 of their better players in Randle and Smith. I also think McBride wasn't available for one of those games. Gotta take all that stuff into consideration.
                        :beerbang: :beerbang:
                        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

You also have to take into consideration that they are an inept offensive basketball team who just barely broke 40 points.

:bang:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                            You also have to take into consideration that they are an inept offensive basketball team who just barely broke 40 points.

We like to call it the wannabe Princeton offense.. or we just don't what to do because half of our starting lineup doesn't deserve to start. But having Smith in the lineup would really help us.
                            Overall Records

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                              But having Smith in the lineup would really help us.
                              Oh yes thanks wsox, another great point on why Illinois shouldn't be there. The only guy on the team who can put the ball in the basket was driving drunk in the snow three weeks ago and almost killed his friend.

Let's reward them though by putting them int he tourney!!!! They are from the Big Money, I mean Big 10, so they get a free pass.....

Comment

Who cares what their SOS is if they didn't beat 1 of those teams, not 1. Their best win is over a mediocre Michigan State team.

I'm looking this up, but I believe as you heard Boeheim say last night in his dismay that Syracuse is the first power conference team OF ALL TIME to win 10 conference games and have over 20 total wins and not make the NCAA tournament. He said he knows it's fact in the Big East, and thinks it's the first time EVER in any power conference (yet 7-9 Arkansas makes it, and no quality Top 25 wins Illinois makes it????).

Not fair at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X