No announcement yet.

Syracuse and the ****ty committee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that Cuse....but Akron still go screwed....check out the PD story, etc. The conference champions is not always the conference champion if ya know what I mean....Akron = :blackeye:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

BTW, How the hell is Niagara in the play-in game. That is also a joke. Have been watching Mike and the Mad Dog, I realize they dont want two black schools playing eachother in the play-in game but it should not be Niagara in the play-in game. Simply, they arent anything close to a 16 seed.
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I think its great. I think Kansas is overseeded as a 1 (UCLA should have gotten it) and Niagra is underseeded as a 16. Could create the perfect storm situation where the #1 goes down. :beerbang:

Comment

How is Kansas over-seeded as a one, they won 11 straight games, won the Big 12 tourney, Beat FLA on a neutral court, beat Texas 2 times in the last week, and they have one of the most talented teams in the nation.... I'd say if anyone didnt deserve a 1 seed it would be UNC who lost 2 games towards the end of the season and played a very easy ACC tourney, but I still wouldnt take a 1 seed away from them, UCLA lost to CAL and WASH in one week, no 1 seed
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Yea seriously, Kansas overseeded? haha come on now, besides Ohio St, I think they deserved a number 1 seed over anyone else including the regining champion Gators. All they did was win this season, now I do have UCLA beating them in the Elite 8 but overseeded? No way.

Comment

Here's the way that I see it for all of you that are complaining about Stanford, Illini or Arkansas getting into the tourny.

1. You can't do a damn thing about it!!!!

2. If you are that convinced that they don't belong, pick out any or all of the three and play the other side (money line), because if they are not good enough to be in, then they obviously won't win a game. Louisville (-230), Va. Tech (-140) & USC (-120). If they do get lucky and win a game, then double up on the next game. You can't lose, because they suck!!!! Use your vast knowledge to your advantage.

GL to all and thanks for this opportunity to post.

Comment

Originally posted by redhog55 View Post
                Here's the way that I see it for all of you that are complaining about Stanford, Illini or Arkansas getting into the tourny.

1. You can't do a damn thing about it!!!!

2. If you are that convinced that they don't belong, pick out any or all of the three and play the other side (money line), because if they are not good enough to be in, then they obviously won't win a game. Louisville (-230), Va. Tech (-140) & USC (-120). If they do get lucky and win a game, then double up on the next game. You can't lose, because they suck!!!! Use your vast knowledge to your advantage.

GL to all and thanks for this opportunity to post.

I hope McFadden breaks his tibia on the last day on practice... haha j/k dooood.

GL in the tourney!

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                  Syracuse should have played a tougher non-conference schedule. They didnt play anyone besides Drexel or Wichita St. And btw, they lost to both of those teams.
                  Go find the non-conference SOS and you won't like the numbers you see Dookie GM. They played Oklahoma State, Penn, Holy Cross, Drexel, Wichita State, and Hofstra who were all over .500 and most were well over .500. They also caught UTEP and Charlotte on unfortunate 'down' years. I agree they never leave the state of New York, but their non-conference SOS is not as bad as people are making it out to be without correct knowledge of the numbers.

Syracuse's non-conference schedule was ranked higher than A LOT of at large teams (including Indiana offhand).

Look it up.

Comment

bottom line, when you play Wichita State and Drexel AT FREEKING HOME and you lose to both, and you have a loss to St. Johns who didn't even make the conference tournament, you put yourself in the position they put themselves in. had you taken care of your business at home vs. those two teams (neither one of which is in the field) and not lost to St.Johns who just flat out sucked ass......this thread wouldn't even be a thread. that is what i think is so funny is that nobody says, yeah....we didn't do our part at times. it's just all the committees fault. that is what was refreshing about AFA's coach today on the radio, he said we picked a bad time to lose 5 in a row and we did it to ourselves.

i do think SYR belonged in....but DREX won at SYR so IMO they have just as big a gripe if not more of one......the team that doesn't belong in is ILL, IMO.
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                      Go find the non-conference SOS and you won't like the numbers you see Dookie GM. They played Oklahoma State, Penn, Holy Cross, Drexel, Wichita State, and Hofstra who were all over .500 and most were well over .500. They also caught UTEP and Charlotte on unfortunate 'down' years. I agree they never leave the state of New York, but their non-conference SOS is not as bad as people are making it out to be without correct knowledge of the numbers.

Syracuse's non-conference schedule was ranked higher than A LOT of at large teams (including Indiana offhand).

Look it up.
                      I agree, there are a few teams in there that are ok but you have to play much stronger teams, especially if you want to make the NCAA tourny as an at-large.

Boeheim (sp?) has to start leaving his state, like you said. Syracuse is supposed to be considered a national power now after they won the NCAA Tournament a few years ago. Home games vs Hofstra, Drexel, Wichita St and etc arent going to cut it. And they especially arent going to cut it when you lose those games.
                      As much as I like when coaches schedule those games against potential first round opp in the NCAA tournament, you have to have more.

I think playing games vs Penn and Holy Cross are good ones to play because those are the teams you are going to play in the 1st rd of the tournament each year.

Everyone makes fun of Duke when K schedules games against Holy Cross, Davidson, George Mason, Kent St every year. Everyone says how these games are cupcakes and easy wins, but correct me if im wrong, these are the teams we usually play early in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

I Thought This Was A Basketball Forum!! If Mcfadden Gets Into Another Fight This Summer, He Might Break His Ankle.

Really, Your Team Did Get Shafted. This Was One Of Those Years Where They Needed More Teams. I See Nothing Wrong With Extending It One Weekend And Letting Almost Everyone In.

I Feel For You As A Fan, But Not For Your Whiney Coach. He And Huggins Must Have Grown Up Next Door To Each Other.

Gl Keep The Posts Coming!!!

Comment

I apologize Cuse. That last statement was uncalled for. It's like kicking you when you're down when you blast a guy's coach. I'm sure that you have a list of coaches that you love to see lose.:blackeye:

Boeheim is not at the top of my **** list though. Philip Fulmer, Pete Carroll & Lou Pinella can all be relocated to the middle east as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, good luck with the wagering this week. Let's all make some money!!!!!!!!!:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                            that is what was refreshing about AFA's coach today on the radio, he said we picked a bad time to lose 5 in a row and we did it to ourselves.

i do think SYR belonged in....but DREX won at SYR so IMO they have just as big a gripe if not more of one......the team that doesn't belong in is ILL, IMO.
                            I was unaware there was a good time to lose 5 in a row? That's a stupid comment by the coach, ha.

And I've stated throughout in these threads that I felt Drexel belonged in too. I don't think Arkansas or Illinois have any reason whatsoever to be in this thing, and I can live with Stanford and Xavier, but am not overly pleased with much of the work the committee did regarding the last four in and the seeds. (Butler is the worst 5 seed of all time, Virginia a 4, USC a 5, the Big East disrespect in the seeds especially Notre Dame and Louisville).

Oh well, had a good discussion and nothing we can do about it. Onto making money!!!

Comment

Cuse, if you read my thoughts on ND in the preditc em committee, I think you will see that ND is seeded just fine. They have only beaten 4 tournament teams all season. Have only played 7 games against tourny teams all season long, that is pretty embarrassing when people call the Big East the best. ND took advantage of the unbalanced schedule. The committee saw that and placed them 6th, they should be no higher than sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                                Boeheim (sp?) has to start leaving his state, like you said. Syracuse is supposed to be considered a national power now after they won the NCAA Tournament a few years ago. Home games vs Hofstra, Drexel, Wichita St and etc arent going to cut it. And they especially arent going to cut it when you lose those games.
                                As much as I like when coaches schedule those games against potential first round opp in the NCAA tournament, you have to have more.

I think playing games vs Penn and Holy Cross are good ones to play because those are the teams you are going to play in the 1st rd of the tournament each year.

Everyone makes fun of Duke when K schedules games against Holy Cross, Davidson, George Mason, Kent St every year. Everyone says how these games are cupcakes and easy wins, but correct me if im wrong, these are the teams we usually play early in the NCAA tournament.
                                So its okay for Duke to schedule Holy Cross, Davidson, George Mason, Princeton, and Kent State every year all at home but it's not okay for Syracuse to schedule Hofstra, Drexel, Wichita State, Holy Cross, and Penn???

Not the best of argument there bucko... :nuts:

Do me a favor and look up the Non Conference SOS numbers (if you can find them, I can't I've been looking) and you will see that Syracuse is in the low 100's I think while other programs such as Indiana and others are in the high 100's. I'm willing to bet there are 5-6 teams that got at-large bids that have lower non-conference SOS's (but I can't prove it cause I can't find it).

Again, I respect everything (most of) you guys are saying, but you can not tell me that Syracuse isn't one of the 34 best at-large teams after the 31 automatic bids are handed out, you just can't.

20+ wins, 10 wins in the Big East (11 counting the tourney), beat GTown by 14 points two weeks ago and had them down 20 at one point when GTown is 16-1 in it's last 17 or something, 7-3 in their last 10 games, 3 Top 25 RPI wins, etc etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X