This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by homedawg View Post
    Not gonna work! My youngest just started dating a black dude.
    well maybe thats where shes getting that music from then? ..........come on HD you preach doing research figure out where your daughters are getting that garbage music they listen to from
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

• :beer2:

Comment

• Barack Obama's Skeleton Closet!

#1-Obama was not born in the U.S.A./ not a U.S. citizen

Obama's Birth Certificate:

The ORIGINAL birth certificate of Obama has never been released, and the campaign refuses to release it.

The campaign has a false, fake birth certificate posted on their website:

- The birth certificate doesn't have a raised seal.
        - It isn't signed.
        - No creases from folding are evident in the scanned version.
        - In the zoomed-in view, there's a strange halo around the letters.
        - The certificate number is blacked out.
        - The date bleeding through from the back seems to say "2007," but the document wasn't released until 2008.
        - The document is a "certification of birth," not a "certificate of birth."
        - The document doesn't show father's full name!
        - The document shows the father's race as: African?

Obama Crimes

__________________________________________________ ______

#2 Obama Was Born, Raised, Is a Muslim

-Obama was born to Generations of Muslims

-Obama was raised for years in Muslim Nations

-Obama attended Muslim schools, where he was registered as a Muslim

-Obama wants you to believe that his opportunistic conversion to Christianity after being born to generations of Muslims who raised him for years in Muslim nations where he attended Muslim schools has completely eliminated his Islamic Roots and changed his Muslim sympathies.

-Obama’s church of 20 years gave many awards to the radical, anti-white, pro-Islamic, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

-Obama has been praised and endorsed by the Islamic terrorist group Hamas

-Obama has been praised and endorsed by Palestinian Rashid Khalidi, who also has held a fundraiser for Obama. Khalidi is a harsh critic of Israel, has made statements supportive of Palestinian terror and reportedly has worked on behalf of the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was involved in anti-Western terrorism and was labeled by the State Department as a terror group.

-Obama has praised and endorsed, in his autobiography, the founder first President of Nation of Islam President Malcom X

-Brother: Muslim ”Obama’s brother Roy opted for Islam over Christianity, as the Senator recounted in his book when describing his 1992 wedding. “The person who made me proudest of all,” Obama wrote, “was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol.”Abongo “argues that the black man must “liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.” He urged his younger brother to embrace his African heritage.

-Sister: Muslim In an interview with the New York Times, Maya Soetoro-Ng, Obama’s younger half sister, told the Times, “I don’t want to deny Islam. I think it’s obviously very important that we have an understanding of Islam ... my brother has been a Christian for (only) 20 years.

-Father: Muslim Obama Sr. (Senior) was born in Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya.

-Step Father: Muslim Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo ws a devout Muslim and Obama went to Mosque on Fridays with him.

-Mother: Muslim The evidence seems to quite clearly show that both Ann Dunham and her husband Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo were in fact devout Muslims themselves and they raised their son as such.”

-Grandfather: lived for a time in Zanzibar, where he converted from Christianity to Islam. He was one of the first Muslim converts in his village.
        Grandfather, for whom Obama was given the middle name, Hussein, was "fiercely devoted to Islam." He had at least 3 wives: Helima, who had no children, Akuma who gave birth to Sarah Obama, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. and Auma Obama.

-Obama’s teachers and the principal from the 1970's: Obama actively took part in the Islamic religious lessons during his years at his school in Muslim Indonesia. “I remembered that he had studied “mengaji” (recitation of the Quran)” “The actual usage of the word ‘mengaji’ in Indonesian and Malaysian societies means the study of learning to recite the Quran in the Arabic language rather than the native tongue. “Mengagi” is a word and a term that is accorded the highest value and status in the mindset of fundamentalist societies here in Southeast Asia. To put it quite simply, ‘mengaji classes’ are not something that a non practicing or so-called moderate Muslim family would ever send their child to. To put this in a Christian context, this is something above and beyond simply enrolling your child in Sunday school classes.”

-The Obama Campaign: told the LA Times he wasn’t a “practicing Muslim.” (3/14/2007).

- Obama states his "Muslim Faith". Obama acknowledged his Islamic Heritage Sunday, September 7, 2008 during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week", speaking of "My Muslim Faith".

The Obama File
        #3 Obama's association with the unrepentant terrorist William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground.

-Despite having authored two autobiographies, Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

-The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s. Among other feats, Mr. Ayers and his cohorts bombed the Pentagon, and he has never expressed regret for his actions. Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at Mr. Ayers's home.

-Documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Obama were partners in the CAC. Those archives are housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago

- In early 1995, Obama was appointed the first chairman of the board, which handled fiscal matters. Mr. Ayers co-chaired the foundation's other key body, the "Collaborative," which shaped education policy.

-Obama has misrepresented his relationship with Ayers to the press and someone blocked access to the records detailing the workings of the group founded by Ayers and chaired by Obama.

The Real Barack Obama
        #4 Obama's relationship with Tony "slum landlord" Rezko

-They met in 1990. Obama was a student at Harvard Law School and got an unsolicited job offer from Rezko, then a low-income housing developer in Chicago. Obama turned it down.

-Obama took a job in 1993 with a small Chicago law firm, Davis Miner Barnhill, that represents developers -- primarily not-for-profit groups -- building low-income housing with government funds.

-One of the firm's not-for-profit clients -- the Woodlawn Preservation and Investment Corp., co-founded by Obama's then-boss Allison Davis -- was partners with Rezko's company in a 1995 deal to convert an abandoned nursing home at 61st and Drexel into low-income apartments. Altogether, Obama spent 32 hours on the project, according to the firm. Only five hours of that came after Rezko and WPIC became partners, the firm says. The rest of the future senator's time was helping WPIC strike the deal with Rezko. Rezko's company, Rezmar Corp., also partnered with the firm's clients in four later deals -- none of which involved Obama, according to the firm. In each deal, Rezmar "made the decisions for the joint venture," says William Miceli, an attorney with the firm.

-In 1995, Obama began campaigning for a seat in the Illinois Senate. Among his earliest supporters: Rezko. Two Rezko companies donated a total of $2,000. Obama was elected in 1996 -- representing a district that included 11 of Rezko's 30 low-income housing projects.

-Rezko's low-income housing empire began crumbling in 2001, when his company stopped making mortgage payments on the old nursing home that had been converted into apartments. The state foreclosed on the building -- which was in Obama's Illinois Senate district.

-In 2003, Obama announced he was running for the U.S. Senate, and Rezko -- a member of his campaign finance committee -- held a lavish fund-raiser June 27, 2003, at his Wilmette mansion.

-A few months after Obama became a U.S. senator, he and Rezko's wife, Rita, bought adjacent pieces of property from a doctor in Chicago's Kenwood neighborhood -- a deal that has dogged Obama the last two years. The doctor sold the mansion to Obama for $1.65 million -- $300,000 below the asking price. Rezko's wife paid full price -- $625,000 -- for the adjacent vacant lot. The deals closed in June 2005. Six months later, Obama paid Rezko's wife $104,500 for a strip of her land, so he could have a bigger yard. At the time, it had been widely reported that Tony Rezko was under federal investigation. Questioned later about the timing of the Rezko deal, Obama called it "boneheaded" because people might think the Rezkos had done him a favor.

-Eight months later -- in October 2006 -- Rezko was indicted on charges he solicited kickbacks from companies seeking state pension business under his friend Gov. Blagojevich. Federal prosecutors maintain that $10,000 from the alleged kickback scheme was donated to Obama's run for the U.S. Senate. Obama has given the money to charity.

-Using his elected office and his clout, Obama helped Tony Rezko and other unscrupulous low-income housing developers obtain millions of dollars in state grants, tax credits, low-interest loans, and regulatory advantages.

The Real Barack Obama

BarackBook

Comment

• Sarah Palin takes command
          October 3, 2008

RBO is a committed anti-Obama blog and is not in any way, shape or form pro-McCain/Palin. We carefully avoid boostering the Obama opposition. That said, RBO does believe in pointing out the Obama camp’s weaknesses and last night’s Vice Presidential Debate clearly shows that, as Pundita writes, “Sarah Palin takes command.”

Pundita writes:

I didn’t watch the vice-presidential debate; not wanting to be distracted by images, I chose to listen. Twenty minutes into the debate, I exclaimed, “Man o’ War!”

Sarah Palin had taken charge of the debate, as she had taken charge of John McCain’s town hall meetings when she first joined them. She had taken command effortlessly, in an unstudied way, and without being overbearing.

Joe Biden handled himself very well, I thought, but he was a politician sharing the stage with a leader.

As Man o’ War was born to race, Sarah Palin was born to lead. Will McCain be able to hold her in check if they take the White House? Between the influence of McCain, her husband and her common sense, I think she’ll get through her four years of training okay, although not without chafing at the bit, as is so for a great thoroughbred racer in training.

Being president is not all about leadership, of course; there are many things she needs to learn. But when Sarah’s temperament and her actions as a mayor and governor are viewed along with her two national speeches and debate last night, she gives every evidence of being capable of serving as commander-in-chief. Again, she needs training but she’s got all the raw material.

I shook off my reverie and clicked open the email with John Batchelor’s take on the debate, which I noted he’d posted at 10:30 PM — moments before the debate actually ended. He’d made up his mind quickly. From his posts over a period of days he’d been in a savage mood because of the shenanigans on Capitol Hill regarding the bailout plan. So I read with great interest:

Palin surprise

The surprise of the evening was that Sarah Palin took control of her facts right out of the box …

No surprise there; one wouldn’t know it from the media’s treatment of her but Sarah is an experienced debater:

… and pushed back repeatedly with what she wanted to say, not what the moderator wanted her to say, not what her opponent wanted her to say. …

Yes; Batchelor had nailed it.

… Sarah Palin pushed harder and harder to keep the conversation to her governorship, what she had done as a governor. She ignored Joe Biden’s wonkish legislature talk and stayed with her governorship.

Again and again, Mr. Biden wanted to talk about votes with more of his wonkishness, but Sarah Palain would not get drawn into it. She was a governor tonight, not a senate rat. …

I broke into a grin. Batchelor was still in a savage mood.

… By the time Joe Biden used the chant “drill, drill, drill,” it was clear that Joe Biden was also surprised by Sarah Palin’s enthusiasm for the debate. It was also clear that Biden was aiming to bulldoze Sarah Palin with robotics — repeat, repeat the number of McCain votes for this or that, repeat, repeat Barack Obama will, repeat, repeat, about George Bush. …

By thirty minutes into the debate, the conversation was about what Sarah Palin would talk about, not what Joe Biden wanted to talk about. …

Yes.

I had switched off the radio at the debate’s end, not wanting to hear the pundits go at it. But after I finished reading John’s post I zipped to No Quarter to take in some of their readers’ opinions of the debate, then I went to Google News and clicked through a few analyses and reports on the debate.

I was surprised to see an item that the Obama Girl had joined with Saturday Night Live’s Tina Fey in mocking Sarah; I also saw that some female pundits were making fun of Sarah’s way of talking.

We speak of the glass ceiling for women, and always the blame is cast on men. Ayn Rand said that she would never vote for a female for U.S. president. I don’t remember her exact argument, but if I recall she believed that only a male was capable of being an effective commander-in-chief.

I venture she would have changed her mind if she had seen every episode of Meerkat Manor.

May the spirit of Flower and all the other great female meerkat general-clan leaders of the Kalahari guide and protect Sarah Palin.

That I — a mighty human — should have to go hat in hand, as it were, to the animal kingdom with such a prayer, well, I think human history’s legions of Obama Girls are as much to thank for that embarrassing state of affairs as human male prejudices.

Comment

• What They're Saying About Governor Sarah Palin on Wash U. Debate: Volume 2

"She Killed. It Was Her Evening. ... 15 Minutes In, She Had Joe Biden On The Defensive On The Subject Of Obama And Taxes. ... She Killed"

The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan: "She killed. It was her evening. She was the star. She had him at, 'Nice to meet you. Hey, can I call you Joe?' It was very interesting to me, for Palin tonight, for an hour and a half, I think America saw her for a really long time, and she became a star probably on a new level. Gwen Ifill was not there for Sarah Palin. Joe Biden was not there for Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin was there with a camera. It was classic go over the heads of the media and everybody else, talk straight to the American people. She hit every populist chord. It is amazing to me that 15 minutes in, she had Joe Biden on the defensive on the subject of Obama and taxes. ... She killed." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

NBC's Tom Brokaw: "I think they're whopping it up in Alaska tonight and all those parties across the country for the McCain campaign because I thought in terms of theatrics and personal style out there, you can see why she's such a successful politician in Alaska. ... And any question asked of her, she talked about John McCain's tax cuts, his record as a maverick, about his determination to reform what is going on and about energy independence. She had been called, as you know, the bumper sticker is coldest state, hottest governor. You saw some of that tonight." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

"I Wanted My Granddaughters To Be Able To Look At This Debate ... I Wanted Them To Look At This Debate And See That A Woman Could Go Toe To Toe With Someone Who Has Had Tremendous Experience"

1984 Democrat Vice Presidential Nominee Geraldine Ferraro: "I really wanted her to get up there and do a good job, and I think she did. ... I think it was a good evening for -- certainly for Governor Palin. ... I think she showed she is certainly capable of going toe to toe with a man who is more than qualified to be vice president, if not president of the United States." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

Ferraro: "The thing about it is she held her own, and that for me, from a historic viewpoint, I wanted my granddaughters to be able to look at this debate -- I hope they're in bed right now. I wanted them to look at this debate and see that a woman could go toe to toe with someone who has had tremendous experience in the Senate and someone who is an incredible candidate for vice president of the United States. That to me is very very important." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)
            MSNBC's Chris Matthews: "I think she's an extremely appealing politician. Her energy level was much better than Biden's. I think Biden lost a little speed there during the evening. I think she came across terrific in terms of presentation." (MSNBC's "Vice Presidential Debate," 10/2/08)

ABC's Diane Sawyer: "On the first go, you're right, I thought that Governor Palin, after a bruising time in the media, showed up not just with confidence, but cheerful confidence that might surprise a lot of people, talking about her personal issues ..." (ABC's "Vice Presidential Debate," 10/2/08)

"Sarah Palin Was Sensational Tonight ... I Think She Wiped Up The Floor With Joe Biden"

The Associated Press' Jim Kuhnhenn: "Under intense scrutiny, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin stood her ground Thursday night against a vastly more experienced Joe Biden, debating the economy, energy and global warming, then challenging him on Iraq, 'especially with your son in the National Guard.'" (Jim Kuhnhenn, "Palin Stands Her Ground In VP Debate With Biden," The Associated Press, 10/2/08)
            Kuhnhenn: "The Alaska governor also noted that Biden had once said Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama wasn't ready to be commander in chief, 'and I know again that you opposed the move that he made to try to cut off funding for the troops and I respect you for that.'" (Jim Kuhnhenn, "Palin Stands Her Ground In VP Debate With Biden," The Associated Press, 10/2/08)
            CNN's David Gergen: "She was spirited, she came out well, she came out strong." (CNN's "Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

MSNBC's Pat Buchanan: "My take is Sarah Palin was sensational tonight. She not only met the expectations, I think she wiped up the floor with Joe Biden, quite frankly. She is personable, she is young, she's got a sense of humor...I think that she has done a sensational job and I think she as recaptured that magic she had out there at the convention." (MSNBC's "Countdown With Keith Olbermann," 10/2/08)

The Atlantic's Marc Ambinder: "She was most effective when she argued against Barack Obama ..." (Marc Ambinder, "Palin-Biden: First Take," The Atlantic's "Marc Ambinder" Blog, marcambinder.theatlantic.com, 10/2/08)

The New York Times' Bill Kristol: "It was match point against Sarah Palin and she won the set and she kept the race alive." (Bill Kristol, Fox, On The Record, 10/2/08)

National Review's Ramesh Ponnuru: "Biden had a good start, but Palin was exceptionally strong." (Ramesh Ponnuru, "The Opening," National Review's "The Corner" Blog, corner.nationalreview.com, 10/2/08)

The New York Times' Peter Baker: "If the debate was the defining test this fall of Sarah Palin, she emerged from it largely unscathed." (Peter Baker, "Live Blog: St. Louis Showdown," The New York Times' "The Caucus" Blog, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com, 10/2/08)
            Baker: "[S]he came across as a forceful, articulate and well-prepared candidate, able to go toe to toe with an opponent who has been debating on the floor of the United States Senate for the past 36 years. She may not have had any breakthrough moments but she never stumbled in response to any "gotcha" questions and Joe Biden largely focused his attacks on John McCain, not her." (Peter Baker, "Live Blog: St. Louis Showdown," The New York Times' "The Caucus" Blog, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com, 10/2/08)

Baker: "But she was aggressive and kept on the offense. Mr. Biden never seemed to rattle her. To be sure, he had some strong moments where he may have gotten the better of the argument on points, but she had a parry for every thrust..." (Peter Baker, "Live Blog: St. Louis Showdown," The New York Times' "The Caucus" Blog, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com, 10/2/08)
            CNN's Bill Schneider: "Palin is going after Biden over his comments that the wealthy should pay more taxes as a patriotic move. The Alaska governor has come to this debate fully armed." (Bill Schneider, "Attack, Counter Attack," CNN's "Political Ticker" Blog, politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com, 10/2/08)

NBC's Chuck Todd: "Governor Palin proved very adept at being a good debater. ... In many ways, she was a better surrogate for her top of the ticket than Joe Biden was for his. ... Governor Palin started this debate very strongly, I think." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

The Weekly Standard's Fred Barnes: "The moment in this debate when she knew how well she was doing, and was actually winning the debate came at 9:55 eastern daylight time and she said to Gwen Ifill the moderator, "can we talk about Pakistan, or rather can we talk about Afghanistan for a minute?". In other words she wanted to go back to one of these foreign policy issues. She knew that she passed the test that she could handle Joe Biden, and it was all about her as Mort said, and Bill said. This was not a debate where Joe Biden had to do much of anything, it was entirely a test of Sarah Palin, and she passed it." (Fred Barnes, Fox, On The Record, 10/2/08)

The Politico's Jonathan Martin: "She's sticking to her broader message, not getting caught up in a back-and-forth on policy that she can't win with Biden. it's all about energy, energy, energy." (Jonathan Martin, "Palin Doesn't Care What The Topic/Discussion Is (Cont.)" The Politico's "Jonathan Martin" Blog, Politics, Political News, Campaign 2008 - Politico.com, 10/2/08)

CNN's Bill Schneider: "Palin's primary strength is her outside of Washington status. She doesn't act like an insider, she doesn't talk like an insider, and a lot of voters may respond to that." (Bill Schneider, "Palin's Strengths," CNN's "Political Ticker" Blog, politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com, 10/2/08)

The Hill's Walter Alarkon: "One theme Palin keeps hitting tonight is the idea that Biden and Obama are looking backward. After a riff by Biden on how McCain's policies are the same as President Bush's, Palin pounces. 'Say it ain't so, Joe,' she said. 'There you go again, pointing backwards. Now doggone it, let's look again and tell Americans what we plan to do for Americans in the future.'" (Walter Alarkon, "Liveblog: The Veep Debate" The Hill's "Briefing Room" Blog, briefingroom.thehill.com, 10/2/08)

ABC's Rick Klein: "We knew this was coming -- attacking Obama by using Biden's own words. And the rest of the answer -- 'we're getting closer and closer to victory, and it would be a travesty' to quit now -- was very well put. 'Your plan is a white flag of surrender in Iraq,' she said." (Rick Klein, "Live Debate" Blog, blogs.abcnews.com, 10/2/08)

Comment

• What They're Saying About Governor Sarah Palin on Wash U. Debate: Volume 3

"Palin Stands Her Ground" -- "She's The Real Deal"

The Associated Press Headline: "Palin Stands Her Ground In VP Debate With Biden" (Liz Sidoti, "Analysis: Stakes High, Palin Tops Expectations," The Associated Press, 10/2/08)

The New York Times' Peter Baker: "Palin Meets A Test." (Peter Baker, "Palin Meets A Test," The New York Times' "The Caucus" Blog, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com, 10/2/08)

NPR's Michelle Norris: "[S]he delivered a performance that filled in the resume and also helped people perhaps connect to her on a very visceral level." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

CNBC's Larry Kudlow: "I Think She's Going To Be The Clear Winner In This." "I think she's going to be the clear winner in this, and oddly enough, it's directly symmetrical to what happened with McCain and Obama. In this case, she held her ground. She was informed and she was strong. ... And I'll tell you what, she made very strong distinctions on energy drilling for lower prices and lower taxes not higher." (CNBC's "The Big Idea With Donny Deutsch," 10/2/08)

The Wall Street Journal's Washington Wire Blog: "A confident, folksy Sarah Palin attacked the Democratic presidential ticket on taxes and partisanship, holding her own against her senior vice-presidential rival." ("Who Won The Vice-Presidential Debate?" The Wall Street Journal's "Washington Wire" Blog, blogs.wsj.com, 10/2/08)

The Wall Street Journal's T.W. Farnam: "Joe Biden tried to critique Sarah Palin's call for using successful techniques from Iraq and moving them to Afghanistan, but her response seemed to leave him uncharacteristically at a loss for words." (T.W. Farnam, "Palin Gives Biden Pause On Afghanistan," The Wall Street Journal's "Washington Wire" Blog, blogs.wsj.com, 10/2/08)

NBC's Savannah Guthrie: "She really played to her strengths saying in words and demeanor, I'm one of you, and she was not afraid to go on the attack." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

National Review's Andy McCarthy: "She's the real deal." (Andy McCarthy, "Sarah," National Review Online's "The Corner" Blog, National Review Online, 10/2/08)

National Review's Mark Levin: "I have been involved in and observed politics for a long time. Governor Palin is a truly unique national figure. She is down to earth, personable, and smart as hell. That's right. She has been on the national scene for a little over a month, she has been campaigning everywhere, she has had to bone up on all kinds of national issues, and she has shown class throughout. Too often too many are persuaded by the mainstream media's opinion and react to that. This should be another lesson in that regard. As for some of her populist views, she cannot openly campaign against the positions of her presidential running mate. She is the bright light in this campaign from my perspective." (Mark Levin, "Palin Tonight," National Review's "The Corner" Blog, corner.nationalreview.com, 10/2/08)

NBC's Ron Allen: "The [Obama-Biden] campaign was saying today she's a very skilled debater, and that's what they got." (NBC's "Vice Presidential Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

Democratic Strategist Paul Begala: "Sarah Palin's strategy was to defend Sarah Palin and repair her damaged image and I think she did pretty good job of that." (CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," 10/2/08)

The Washington Post's Charles Krauthammer: "I am speaking as the resident Palin, and representative of the effete Eastern establishment, I thought that she did extremely well. ... I think over all, as an impression, she left a very good one" (Fox News' "Vice Presidential Debate," 10/2/08)

CNN's Alex Castellanos: "[W]hen you look at Sarah Palin, you saw America, you saw outsiders, you saw Main Street, not Wall Street. The Republican brand needed to see that tonight and they got it." (CNN's "Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)

Castellanos: "There were two debates, the first on economy and energy. I thought Palin won that. In that, she established herself as a legitimate contender for the vice-presidency of the United States." (CNN's "Debate Coverage," 10/2/08)
              National Review's Kathryn Jean Lopez: "AND THE WINNER ISÂ ... Sarah Palin is the breath of fresh air on the political scene so many hoped she is. And she'll be honored to beat the guy who's been in the Senate since she was in the second grade." (Kathryn Jean Lopez, "And The Winner Is," National Review's "The Corner" Blog, corner.nationalreview.com, 10/2/08)

Comment

• What They're Saying About Governor Sarah Palin On Wash U. Debate: Volume 4

Governor Palin "Ended Up Dominating" The Debate, As She "Seemed To Hit Her Stride"

Politico's Roger Simon: "Sarah Palin was supposed to fall off the stage at her vice presidential debate Thursday evening. Instead, she ended up dominating it. She not only kept Joe Biden on the defensive for much of the debate, she not only repeatedly attacked Barack Obama, but she looked like she was enjoying herself while doing it. She smiled. She faced the camera. She was warm. She was human. Gosh and golly, she even dropped a bunch of g's." (Roger Simon, "You Betcha Sarah Palin Can Debate," Politico, 10/2/08)

Christian Broadcasting Network's David Brody: "Combining a happy warrior spirit with a home-spun style and some substance thrown in to boot, Palin proved that she belonged on that stage with Joe Biden tonight." (David Brody, "Palin Hurdles Over The Bar In VP Debate," Christian Broadcasting Network's "Brody File," 10/3/08)

Brody: "As for Palin, she seemed to hit her stride tonight. She offered more substance on issues like healthcare, energy policy, taxes and even Darfur by explaining how her role as Governor played a part." (David Brody, "Palin Hurdles Over The Bar In VP Debate," Christian Broadcasting Network's "Brody File," 10/3/08)

The Washington Post's Dan Balz: " In a fast-paced exchange about a range of domestic and foreign policy issues, she was the aggressive campaigner who in the first weeks of her candidacy had so energized the Republican faithful." (Dan Balz, "Palin Delivers, But Doubts Linger," The Washington Post, 10/3/08)

ABC's George Stephanopoulos: "From the minute Palin walked onstage and said, 'Nice to meet you, Joe -- can I call you Joe?' she had her performance down. It was very winning and very appealing and we saw that throughout the debate." (George Stephanopoulos, "Stephanopoulos: VP Debate Report Card," ABC News, 10/3/08)

National Review: "Gov. Sarah Palin, once again, confounded her critics with a strong performance. She did it at the Republican convention, and she did it again last night in her debate with Sen. Joe Biden. She performed with poise and charm. She effectively made the case that Senator Obama would be nave in foreign policy and harmful to economic growth, and that Senator McCain would be a common-sense reformer." (Editorial, "Palin's Triumph," National Review, 10/3/08)

National Review: "She handled questions about Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran well. She connected domestic-policy arguments to the lives of average voters. Anyone who hoped -- or feared -- that she would fall flat on her face was proven wrong." (Editorial, "Palin's Triumph," National Review, 10/3/08)

National Review's Byron York: "Palin delivered a strong and sure performance Thursday night." (Byron York, "Sarah Palin, The Winner By A Wink," National Review, 10/3/08)

New York Post: "Eight real-life 'hockey moms' plucked from the ice to watch the vice-presidential face-off last night said their high-profile counterpart from Alaska dealt her critics a bell-ringing body check." (Brendan Scott, "Sarah Scores!" New York Post, 10/3/08)

New York Daily News: "Sarah Palin gave as good as she got in her televised faceoff with Joe Biden Thursday night - and by that measure she shored up her standing as John McCain's vice presidential running mate. Palin sailed through the 90 minutes with none of the unsteadiness she had shown in TV interviews. She was both assured and down-home folksy in arguing the case for McCain and against Barack Obama." (Editorial, "Sarah Palin Scores," [New York] Daily News, 10/3/08)

Dick Morris & Eileen McGann: "Palin Wins Big With A Reagan-Like Flair." (Dick Morris and Eileen McGann, Op-Ed, "Palin Wins Big With A Reagan-Like Flair," New York Post, 10/3/08)

Dick Morris & Eileen McGann: "Last night was a big, big win for Sarah Palin. She showed originality, charisma and sass - a style that is refreshing and different in our politics. She didn't just win the vice-presidential debate, she showed that she belongs with Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton as among the best communicators of our modern political times." (Dick Morris and Eileen McGann, Op-Ed, "Palin Wins Big With A Reagan-Like Flair," New York Post, 10/3/08)

The Wall Street Journal: "A confident, folksy Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin attacked the Democratic presidential ticket Thursday over tax hikes and partisanship, holding her own against her vice-presidential rival, Delaware Sen. Joe Biden." (Laura Meckler, "Biden, Palin Clash On Taxes, Iraq In Sharp-Edged Debate," The Wall Street Journal, 10/3/08)

The Weekly Standard's Fred Barnes: "Was she capable of being vice president? Based on her debate performance, the answer was yes." (Fred Barnes, Op-Ed, "Comeback," The Weekly Standard, 10/3/08)

The Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes: "She won because to a vast majority of those who watched the debate tonight she likely came off as a plausible vice president. And that was all that mattered." (Stephen Hayes, Op-Ed, "A Plausible Vice President," The Weekly Standard, The Weekly Standard, 10/3/08)

Anchorage Daily News: "But Palin kept her cool, stayed on her game and lived up to her reputation as a spirited debater. She played to her strengths -- her ability to connect with people like a neighbor and her resilience. Despite the contempt and criticism she's endured in recent days, she walked onto the stage like a candidate on top of the world. She shook hands with Biden and said 'Hey, can I call you Joe?' That opening line was friendly, down-to-earth and said, 'We're equals.'" (Editorial, "Palin Hits Her Stride," Anchorage Daily News, 10/3/08)

Denver Post: "This thing's not over yet. She held her own. In what was likely one of the most-watched vice presidential debates in the country's history, Sarah Palin went in as the underdog Thursday night and came out of it with nary a scratch." (Editorial, "Palin Has Fun, Holds Her Own In Tepid Veep Debate," Denver Post, 10/3/08)

Denver Post: "In her opening answer to a question about the troubled economy, Palin spoke with clarity and confidence and got to the heart of the matter with the kind of populist candor she displayed at the Republican National Convention. 'Go to a kid's soccer game on Saturday and ask any parent what they think about the economy, and I betcha you're going to hear about fear,' Palin said. 'Our economy is hurting.'" (Editorial, "Palin Has Fun, Holds Her Own In Tepid Veep Debate," Denver Post, 10/3/08)

Governor Palin Turned Biden's Words Against Him

New York Daily News: "Most effectively, perhaps, she turned Biden's past criticisms of Obama's plans for Iraq against Biden, adding, 'John McCain knows how to win a war.'" (Editorial, "Sarah Palin Scores," [New York] Daily News, 10/3/08)

New York Post: "Sarah Palin used folksy language, winks, smiles and sharp elbows to try to put seasoned rival Joe Biden on the defensive in last night's vice-presidential debate." (Geoff Earle, "Pit Bull Sarah Shows Her Bite," New York Post, 10/3/08)

The Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes: "Palin surfaced issues that put Joe Biden on the defensive or, at the very least, made him uncomfortable. And she had several moments where she scored clean hits on Biden and Barack Obama: on clean coal, on the patriotism of raising taxes, on Obama saying one thing to one group of voters and something different to another, on Biden criticizing Obama for his vote on troop funding in Iraq, when she reminded Biden that he himself said that he'd be privileged to run on a ticket with John McCain." (Stephen Hayes, Op-Ed, "A Plausible Vice President," The Weekly Standard, The Weekly Standard, 10/3/08)

Hayes: "When Biden complained that Republicans have taken to repeating the 'drill, drill, drill' mantra, she owned it and gently corrected him. 'I think the chant is drill, baby, drill.' It was a clever turn, and judging from virtually every poll on the issue, it was politically very smart." (Stephen Hayes, Op-Ed, "A Plausible Vice President," The Weekly Standard, The Weekly Standard, 10/3/08)

Chicago Sun-Times' Steve Huntley: "Appearing assertive and confident in her national debate premiere, Palin battled Sen. Joseph Biden on a broad range of issues -- the Wall Street meltdown, taxes and spending, Iraq, foreign relations, which candidate best represents change -- and more than held her own." (Steve Huntley, Op-Ed, "Palin Eases GOP Jitters, You Betcha," Chicago Sun-Times, 10/3/08)

Huntley: "On international issues, the area where she has been considered to be weak, Palin appeared to get under Biden's skin when she criticized Barack Obama for saying he would meet without preconditions with some of the world's worse dictators. Biden's face turned grim, and he went so far as to deny that Obama had ever said he would meet without preconditions with the president of Iran, when in fact the Democratic presidential nominee said that during the primary." (Steve Huntley, Op-Ed, "Palin Eases GOP Jitters, You Betcha," Chicago Sun-Times, 10/3/08)

Christian Broadcasting Network's David Brody: "Oh, and by the way, she morphed into 'Sarah Barracuda' tonight by using Biden's past statements on Obama against him. She had it all working tonight." (David Brody, "Palin Hurdles Over The Bar In VP Debate," Christian Broadcasting Network's "Brody File," 10/3/08)

The Wall Street Journal: "The Republican nominee more than held her own on foreign policy in general, and in our view won on points at least on Iraq and Afghanistan. She didn't let Mr. Biden get away with interpreting the comments of a U.S. general in Afghanistan as a rejection of Mr. McCain's strategy. And on Iraq she exposed both Mr. Biden's change of heart on the war, and his change of heart on Mr. Obama's views on the war. At times Mr. Biden even looked a little frustrated -- as if he couldn't quite believe he had to share the stage with someone who hasn't hung out with Dick Lugar or . . . Mike Mansfield back when the Senate was still a civil place. Or someone who says 'doggonit.'" (Editorial, "Free Sarah Palin," The Wall Street Journal, 10/3/08)

Joe Biden Gets A Key Fact Wrong

The Washington Times' Stephan Dinan: "Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. appeared to incorrectly outline the constitutional role of the job he's seeking in Thursday's debate. In attacking Vice President Dick Cheney, Mr. Biden said the vice president's only role is to support the president and to preside over the Senate 'only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.' The Constitution, though, actually says the vice president is always president of the Senate and legal scholars say he has the right to preside at any time. Early vice presidents, such as Thomas Jefferson, actively exercised that role, the vice president still keeps offices at the Capitol, and scholars say it wasn't until the middle of the 20th century that the vice president had an office at the executive office building." (Stephan Dinan, "Biden Gets Veep Role Wrong," The Washington Tim es, 10/3/08)

In The Headlines:

Anchorage Daily News: "Palin Hits Her Stride"
                (Editorial, "Palin Hits Her Stride," Anchorage Daily News, 10/3/08)

Christian Broadcasting Network: "Palin Hurdles Over The Bar In VP Debate"
                (David Brody, "Palin Hurdles Over The Bar In VP Debate," Christian Broadcasting Network's "Brody File," 10/3/08)

Denver Post: "Palin Has Fun, Holds Her Own In Tepid Veep Debate."
                (Editorial, "Palin Has Fun, Holds Her Own In Tepid Veep Debate," Denver Post, 10/3/08)

National Review: "Palin's Triumph"
                (Editorial, "Palin's Triumph," National Review, 10/3/08)

[New York] Daily News: "Sarah Palin Scores"
                (Editorial, "Sarah Palin Scores," [New York] Daily News, 10/3/08)

New York Post: "Pit Bull Sarah Shows Her Bite"
                (Geoff Earle, "Pit Bull Sarah Shows Her Bite," New York Post, 10/3/08)

New York Post: "Sarah Scores!"
                (Brendan Scott, "Sarah Scores!" New York Post, 10/3/08)

The New York Times: "The Palin Rebound"
                (David Brooks, Op-Ed, "The Palin Rebound," The New York Times, 10/3/08)

Politico: "You Betcha Sarah Palin Can Debate"
                (Roger Simon, "You Betcha Sarah Palin Can Debate," Politico, 10/2/08)

Comment

• 4 Weathermen terrorists declare support for Obama
                  Call for 'grassroots effort' to help boost campaign

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Posted: October 02, 2008
                  12:20 am Eastern

By Aaron Klein
                  © 2008 WorldNetDaily

The names of four former top leaders of the Weathermen terrorist organization are listed as signatories on an online petition calling for an "independent grassroots effort" to help strengthen Sen. Barack Obama's campaign.

The petition was initiated by Progressives for Obama, an independent organization acting to ensure the Illinois senator's election.

Progressives includes among its ranks many former members of the 1960s radical organization Students for a Democratic Society, or SDS, from which the Weathermen splintered, as well as current and former members of other radical organizations, such as the Communist Party USA and the Black Radical Congress.

"We agree that Barack Obama is our best option for president in 2008, and that an independent grassroots effort can help strengthen his campaign," states the online petition. "It can also strengthen the mandate for his programs for stopping war, promoting global justice and securing our rights, liberties, and economic well-being."

Among the names signed onto the petition are former Weathermen leaders Howard Machtinger, Jeff Jones, Steve Tappis and Mark Rudd.

Machtinger was a Weathermen founder and was co-author of the terror group's original mission statement, which called for "revolutionaries within the United States to wage a 'people's war' and attack from within. The government would fall and 'world communism' eventually would be instituted."

Jones, according to his own website, was "elected, along with (Weathermen terrorist) Bill Ayers and Mark Rudd, to the SDS national office. Then, in the spring of 1970, he disappeared. As a leader of the Weather Underground, Jeff evaded an intense FBI manhunt for more than a decade. In 1981, they finally got him. Twenty special agents battered down the door of the Bronx apartment where he was living with his wife and four-year-old son."

Jones' site says he traveled to Cambodia in 1966 to meet with high-level leaders of the anti-American National Liberation Front. In 1967 and 1968 he served as an SDS regional organizer for New York City.

Contacted by WND, Jones said he is not involved in any Obama advocacy.

Tappis was one of 11 people who signed the original Weathermen statement, which was infamously titled, "You Don't Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows."

Rudd, a petition supporter as well as a main signatory to the Progressives for Obama group, was one of the main founders of the Weathermen terrorist organization. A biography published on his website explains Rudd worked to form the Weathermen as a radical alternative to the SDS and for white Americans to eject their "white skin privilege" and begin "armed struggle" against the U.S. government.

Rudd went underground in 1970, when a bomb exploded in a townhouse in Greenwich Village in New York City, killing three of his comrades. He lived for seven and a half years in hiding as a fugitive, finally surrendering in 1977, facing only low-level state charges after federal charges against Weathermen leaders had been dropped. He resurfaced as a teacher in New Mexico.

As late as 2005, Rudd wrote an editorial in the Los Angeles Times lamenting the state of the antiwar movement in the U.S.

"What's hard to understand – given the revelations about the rush to war, the use of torture and the loss of more than 2,000 soldiers – is why the antiwar movement isn't further along than it is," he wrote. "Given that President Bush is now talking about Iraq as only one skirmish in an unlimited struggle against a global Islamic enemy, a struggle comparable to the titanic, 40-year Cold War against communism, shouldn't a massive critique of the global war on terrorism already be underway?"

Former Weathermen member Mark Rudd

In the piece, Rudd condemned the Weathermen's decision to embark on an "armed-struggle," calling it "stupid" since the violent acts led to the group's demise. But he didn't condemn the terrorism itself, only its contribution to the downfall of the Weathermen.

Rudd declined to speak on the record to WND, explaining an interview may spark more Weathermen controversy for Obama.

All former Weathermen leaders who signed the pro-Obama petition worked closely for years with Weathermen terrorist William Ayers, whose association with Obama has generated controversy for the presidential candidate.

The Weathermen took responsibility for bombing U.S. governmental buildings in the 1970s.

Trevor Louden of the New Zeal blog commented, "Clearly Bill Ayers and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, are not the only former Weathermen backing Obama. Add their old comrades Jeff Jones, Howie Machtinger, Mark Rudd and even Steve Tappis to the mix and you are starting to get beyond coincidence. That former terrorists are working with Marxist groups to elect Barack Obama is beyond doubt."

Progressives for Obama, which initiated the online petition, first published its creed in March in the Nation magazine, explaining the organization descended from the "proud tradition of independent social movements that have made America a more just and democratic country."

Progressives for Obama stated it can help the Illinois senator's ascent to highest office by contributing funds, using the Internet to reach "millions of swing voters;" defending Obama against negative attacks and making its agenda known at the Democratic National Convention.

"Progressives can make a difference in close primary races like Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Oregon and Puerto Rico, and in the November general election," the founders state.

The founders stress it is crucial to form a grassroots leftist movement to ensure Obama does not stray too far to the center, claiming other grassroots liberal movements have successfully pressured U.S. presidents into creating new policy:

It was the industrial strikes and radical organizers in the 1930s who pushed Roosevelt to support the New Deal. It was the civil rights and student movements that brought about voting rights legislation under Lyndon Johnson and propelled Eugene McCarthy and Bobby Kennedy's antiwar campaigns. It was the original Earth Day that led Richard Nixon to sign environmental laws.

And it will be the Obama movement that will make it necessary and possible to end the war in Iraq, renew our economy with a populist emphasis, and confront the challenge of global warming. We should not only keep the pressure on [Obama] but also connect the issues that Obama has made central to his campaign into an overarching progressive vision.
                  The group was founded by four individuals with ties to extremist groups:

Tom Hayden, a former state senator who was a founder and principal organizer of the SDS. Discover the Networks notes Hayden, previously married to actress Jane Fonda, traveled many times to North Vietnam, Czechoslovakia and Paris to strategize with communist North Vietnamese and Viet Cong leaders on how to defeat America's anti-communist efforts.

Bill Fletcher, a former Maoist and current leader of Democratic Socialists of America or DSA. The New Zeal blog notes Fletcher was also a founder of the Black Radical Congress, closely linked to the Communist Party USA, which advocated for "progressive social justice, racial equality and economic justice goals within the U.S.

Barbara Ehenreich, an honorary chairman of DSA who was formerly active in antiwar movements in which some notorious radicals took part.

Actor Danny Glover, a member of the Black Students Union, who has visited Venezuela, making guest appearances on President Hugo Chavez's television and radio talk show. He reportedly has accepted loans of about $20 million from the Venezuelan government to make a movie about a Haitian revolutionary leader.
                  The Progressives for Obama webmaster is Carl Davidson, a former vice president of the Students for a Democratic Society, who has traveled to Cuba to meet with Fidel Castro.

The signatories and endorsers of the Obama activist group, listed on the Progressives website, include scores of well known communist, socialist and anarchist activists and former SDS members.

Comment

• Homeless Ohioans for Obama registering in droves; Plus: Meet Mr. “Good Will” and “Mr. Doodad Pro”
                    By Michelle Malkin •
                    October 1, 2008 12:06 PM
                    Oh, dear Lord. We are so screwed. Watch this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-xwtGHQjHE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-xwtGHQjHE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The guy promoting the free taxi program to register the homeless in Ohio exults: “It’s a perfect opportunity for them to come in, register at a temporary address like a homeless shelter or a YMCA or something like that. They can register at that address because they don’t know where they’re going to be tomorrow or next week.”

Another woman describes trolling bus stops and picking up prospects: “I asked ‘em if they’re registered to vote and if they weren’t, I said ‘Get in the car, I’m bringing you!’”

A homeless thug now registered to vote comments: “They picked me up. They seen me walkin’ around. So day said, ‘You wanna vote?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I’ll vote.’ (laughs) Day said, ‘We’ll take you anywhere you want.’ I said, ‘Dat’s cool’…If day say ’sign the ballot,’ just give ‘em and do exactly what they want you to do.’ I mean, hey, dis is America, you know?” (laughs).

Who does this new voter support?

“Barack! I mean, I want him to do his thang. You know, do his thug thizzle. You know. That’s how I like it to be. You know. (laughs).”

Organizers hoped to sign up 1,000 like him by the end of the day yesterday — and more all week.

Palestra reporter Shelby Holliday who intervewed the goons has a blog post on her encounters here.

ACORN, as you know, is heavily involved in these fraud-riddled voter registration efforts in Ohio.

Ohio-based blog Third Base Politics adds:

An unnamed source…related a heartwarming story of a 15 passenger van dropping off a load of drunk, homeless guys at Vet’s Memorial in Columbus. The organizers were just trying to allow these men to exercise their right to vote, but it seemed that they were all too drunk to get in line. What commenced was a “homeless rodeo” where the organizers had to wrangle the men from the parking lot and load them back in the van.

Speaking of voter fraud, Ken Timmerman sifts through Obama’s campaign donation records and finds some very phony baloney contributors:

In a letter dated June 25, 2008, the FEC asked the Obama campaign to verify a series of $25 donations from a contributor identified as “Will, Good” from Austin, Texas. Mr. Good Will listed his employer as “Loving” and his profession as “You.”

A Newsmax analysis of the 1.4 million individual contributions in the latest master file for the Obama campaign discovered 1,000 separate entries for Mr. Good Will, most of them for $25. In total, Mr. Good Will gave $17,375.

Following this and subsequent FEC requests, campaign records show that 330 contributions from Mr. Good Will were credited back to a credit card. But the most recent report, filed on Sept. 20, showed a net cumulative balance of $8,950 — still well over the $4,600 limit.

There can be no doubt that the Obama campaign noticed these contributions, since Obama’s Sept. 20 report specified that Good Will’s cumulative contributions since the beginning of the campaign were $9,375.

In an e-mailed response to a query from Newsmax, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt pledged that the campaign would return the donations. But given the slowness with which the campaign has responded to earlier FEC queries, there’s no guarantee that the money will be returned before the Nov. 4 election.

Similarly, a donor identified as “Pro, Doodad,” from “Nando, NY,” gave $19,500 in 786 separate donations, most of them for $25. For most of these donations, Mr. Doodad Pro listed his employer as “Loving” and his profession as “You,” just as Good Will had done. But in some of them, he didn’t even go this far, apparently picking letters at random to fill in the blanks on the credit card donation form. In these cases, he said he was employed by “VCX” and that his profession was “VCVC.”

Following FEC requests, the Obama campaign began refunding money to Doodad Pro in February 2008. In all, about $8,425 was charged back to a credit card. But that still left a net total of $11,165 as of Sept. 20, way over the individual limit of $4,600. Here again, LaBolt pledged that the contributions would be returned but gave no date.

In February, after just 93 donations, Doodad Pro had already gone over the $2,300 limit for the primary. He was over the $4,600 limit for the general election one month later. In response to FEC complaints, the Obama campaign began refunding money to Doodad Pro even before he reached these limits. But his credit card was the gift that kept on giving. His most recent un-refunded contributions were on July 7, when he made 14 separate donations, apparently by credit card, of $25 each.

Just as with Mr. Good Will, there can be no doubt that the Obama campaign noticed the contributions, since its Sept. 20 report specified that Doodad’s cumulative contributions since the beginning of the campaign were $10,965.
                    Andy McCarthy sums up:

Bottom line: the would-be President of the World is raising goo-gobs of money from foreigners outside the United States (a violation of federal law), and matching goo-gobs of money inside the United States from phantoms who are blowing out the individual contribution limits by, among other devices, making up identies and breaking up contributions in amounts less than $200, for which reporting requirements are less rigorous.

Comment

• Barack Obama is now friends with Larry Walsh

Larry Walsh

Who Am I?

"The FBI On Wednesday [October 1, 2008] Raided The County Offices Of A Former Illinois State Senator Who Is A Poker-Playing Buddy Of Democratic Presidential Candidate Sen. Barack Obama." (Andrea Billups, "FBI Raids Obama Friend's Office," The Washington Times, 10/3/08)

"Two FBI Agents Spent More Than An Hour In The Will County Office Building On Wednesday [October 1, 2008] Morning As Part Of An Investigation Into An Elected Official. That Person Seems To Be Will County Executive Larry Walsh. Matt Ryan, His Chief Of Staff, Also Is Part Of The Probe, Sources Say." (Stewart Warren, "FBI Probes Will County," Chicago Sun-Times, 10/2/08)

"The Official Apparently Is Walsh. Ryan Has -- Or Had -- Some Relationship With Smith Dawson And Andrews, The Lobbying Firm Hired In 2006 At A Rate Of $10,000 A Month To Help Will County Snare More Federal Grants And Funding. The Association Is Related To His Work With The Lobbying Firm Performance Communication Group." (Stewart Warren, "FBI Probes Will County," Chicago Sun-Times, 10/2/08)
                      "In 1970, He Served As A Member Of The Elwood School Board And Three Years Later, Was Elected As Jackson Township Supervisor - A Position He Held Until 2004." (Will County Web site, Will County, Illinois > Home, Accessed 10/2/08)

"Walsh Also Served As Illinois State Senator For The 43rd District From 1997 To 2005. In This Position, He Represented A Large Portion Of Will County And Parts Of Kankakee And Iroquois Counties. On Two Separate Occasions, He Served Terms As A Will County Board Member – Once In 1974 And Again In 1992." (Will County Web site, Will County, Illinois > Home, Accessed 10/2/08)
                      "[N]ovember Already Is Shaping Up To Be A Month To Remember For Larry Walsh. The Democratic State Senator And Farmer From Elwood Won His Race Tuesday For Will County Executive In A Surprising Defeat Of Incumbent Republican Joseph Mikan." (Jill Jedlowski, "Celebration Continues In Will," Chicago Daily Herald, 11/4/04)
                      Facts About Me and Barack
                      "A Corn Farmer From Joliet, Mr. Walsh Has Supported His Friend's Presidential Bid, And Campaigned For Him In Rural And Farming Areas Of The State. They Are Seen Hugging Each Other In Photos Before Mr. Obama's Announcement That He Was Running For President." (Andrea Billups, "FBI Raids Obama Friend's Office," The Washington Times, 10/3/08)

"Obama And Walsh Were Freshman Legislators In Springfield In 1997. Walsh Is As Rural As Obama Is Urban. Though They Are Both Democrats, Walsh Is As Conservative As Obama Is Liberal." (Carol Marin, "Looking At Obama In '04 And Seeing Paul Simon In '84," Chicago Sun-Times, 11/3/04)
                      "Obama Formed Tight Friendships With Three White Senate Colleagues Whose Backgrounds And Personalities Couldn't Have Been More Different From His. There Was The Blunt-Talking Denny Jacobs From The Quad Cities, And Larry Walsh From Elwood, Whose 'Aw-Shucks' Demeanor Belied Deft Political Skills." (Rick Pearson and Ray Long, "Careful Steps, Looking Ahead," Chicago Tribune, 5/3/07)

"There's No Denying That Backing From Colleague Barack Obama, Who Easily Strode Into The U.S. Senate On Tuesday, Didn't Hurt, Either. But Walsh Wants To Be Clear That He Was Riding No One's Coattails." (Jill Jedlowski, "Celebration Continues In Will," Chicago Daily Herald, 11/4/04)

"But The [Obama] Campaign Is Also Planning To Send Volunteers To Help Bean In Her Challenge To Crane, State Sen. Larry Walsh In His Campaign For Will County Chief Executive Officer…" (Scott Fornek, "'It's Shoe Leather And Phone Calls,'" Chicago Sun-Times, 11/2/04)
                      "Obama Formally Announced His Campaign In January 2003, More Than A Year Ahead Of The Primary. … Link, Walsh And Jacobs Also Attended, Illustrating That His Support Transcended The Black Community." (Rick Pearson and Ray Long, "Careful Steps, Looking Ahead," Chicago Tribune, 5/3/07)

"The Group Celebrated The Barn Painting With A Picnic And Appearance By Larry Walsh, A Farmer Who Formerly Served With Obama In The Illinois Senate And Is Now Campaigning For His Friend In Rural Areas And Farming Communities." (Heather Rutz, "Barn Painting Highlights Obama's Rural Efforts," The Lima [OH] News, 9/5/08)

"In 2006, Obama Requested $800,000 For The Will County Sheriff's Office Wireless Communications Technology Upgrades." (Obama For America Web site, answercenter.barackobama.com, Accessed 7/30/08)

"In 2006, Obama Requested $1,953,331 For Will County's Ridgewood Water And Sewage Project." (Obama For America Web site, answercenter.barackobama.com, Accessed 7/30/08)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nVJpWivUO2A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nVJpWivUO2A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BarackBook

Comment

• Obama, Sandler and a DNC conflict of interest?

October 2, 2008

Yid with Lid reports today that Obama is using Joseph E. Sandler, a member of the firm of Sandler, Reiff & Young, P.C., in Washington, D.C., who concentrates in campaign finance and election law matters, to defend him in the Philip Berg civil law suit.

Regarding Sandler, Yid with Lid described him August 14, 2007, as the “Legal Hit Man for the Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)” (“an organization with terrorist ties” and “an un-indicted co-conspirator in the Holyland Foundation Hamas Funding trial”):

Berg wants Obama to Produce his real birth certificate to prove that he meets the citizenship requirements to be President. Rather than just [produce] the birth certificate (is he trying to hide something?) Obama’s legal team filed a motion to dismiss. One of the Lawyers filing the motion was Joe Sandler … of the Washington law firm Sandler, Reiff, and Young …

Sandler’s role for CAIR has been to stifle people from telling the truth about Islam. For example, last year he tried to get Jihad Expert Robert Spencer banned from speaking to the Young American Foundation, by using a threatening letter. Sandler followed up by threatening columnist Mike Adams for writing about the Spencer incident.

Look, everyone deserves legal representation that is not the Issue. The real issue is why is a candidate for President of the United States, a guy who wants to take over the role of Commander-in-Chief in the war on terror, using the Lawyer for CAIR a group with terrorist connections, to represent him in a law suit? Once again the Junior Senator from Illinois leave us with questions and no answers.

The DNC connection

What Yid with Lid did not mention in this article is that Sandler is general counsel for the Democratic National Committee.

Why is the DNC’s general counsel, and his law firm, involved in Obama’s civil case? Doesn’t this at least raise some questions on the proper role of the DNC’s counsel in a civil law suit involving a presidential candidate? It’s not the DNC that is being sued, after all.

Sandler previously served as DNC general counsel, according to his law firm profile, 1986 to 1989; was general counsel of the Rules and Credentials Committee for the 1988 Democratic National Convention; and again served on DNC staff as general counsel February 1993 until May 1998.

His current law firm profile does not mention that he currently serves in that capacity although it was Sandler who, in April 2008, spoke on behalf of the DNC when it filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court “to force Sen. John McCain to stay in the public financing system until he formally [accepted] the Republican presidential nomination in September.”

The profile does not mention that Sandler was DNC general counsel in November 2006, when his name was raised regarding illegal campaign robocalls. Don McGahn, general counsel for the National Republican Campaign Committee, wrote in a letter:

I have a recording of a pre-recorded phone message from DNC counsel Joe Sandler which contains the same sorts of disclaimers (including placement) as NRCC calls. Maybe you ought to send a letter to the DNC as well?”

Nor does his law firm profile mention that, in August 2004, while Sandler was DNC general counsel, he “insisted there was nothing wrong with working for DNC as well as for MoveOn.” Sandler not only represented MoveOn.org, but also a second 527 committee, Moving America Forward. [Jonathan Groner, "Power Punch," Legal Times, 4/26/04]

At the same time, Benjamin Ginsberg, who had represented the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (which opposed the John Kerry campaign during the 2004 presidential election), resigned from President George W. Bush’s campaign. However, Sandler refused to quit the DNC.

Obama Crimes

The Real Barack Obama

Comment

• Stealing An Election

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OmvzP6OU6wA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OmvzP6OU6wA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Homeless Ohioans for Obama registering in droves; Plus: Meet Mr. “Good Will” and “Mr. Doodad Pro”
                            By Michelle Malkin •
                            October 1, 2008 12:06 PM
                            Oh, dear Lord. We are so screwed. Watch this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-xwtGHQjHE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-xwtGHQjHE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                            each one of those guys cancels out your vote :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
                            ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Poll:

Who do you think will fare better in tonight's vice presidential debate?
                              Joe Biden........58% :laughing:
                              Sarah Palin......33%
                              It will be a draw.9%

Total Votes: 219,658

Do you plan on watching tonight's debate?
                              Yes...........86%
                              Maybe.......7%
                              No............ 7%

Total Votes: 207,170

Who won the VP debate?

Sarah Palin....47%...255,726
                              Joe Biden......45%....245,584
                              It was a draw.8%.....47,327

Total Votes:.. 548,637

Final: 69,989,000 viewers -- Palin-Biden the most-watched vp debate ever

UPDATED: Thursday's highly anticipated face-off between Alaska governor Sarah Palin and Delaware senator Joe Biden was the most-watched vp debate of all time.

Last night's event was seen by nearly 70 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That's the most-viewed debate -- presidential or vp -- since at least the second round between Bill Clinton, Ross Perot and George Bush in 1992.

Thursday's debate was...

-- 33% higher than Friday's top-of-the-ticket debate between John McCain and Barack Obama (52.4 million).

-- 61% higher than the 2004 vp debate between Dick Cheney and John Edwards (43.6 million).

-- 23% higher than the 1984 match up between George Bush and Geraldine Ferrarro (56.7 million), the former title-holder for the most-watched vp debate.

Comment

• YouTube - The lowdown on ACORN
                                2010 system plays 83-90-7 (-24.1 units)

Comment

Working...
                                X