X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
    Palin, Biden On Roe V. Wade Video - CBSNews.com

wait for the 3 minute mark here when your girl sarah can't name you another supreme court case besides roe v. wade ......and then attempts to bull**** her way around the question
    Here is some good stuff about your mental giant for VP:laughing: And once again I wont even mention the 57 states comment by Hussein:laughing:

While Gov. Sarah Palin is being grilled on her position on mark-to-market accounting rules, the press can't bother to ask Joe Biden if he could give us a ballpark estimate on when Franklin D. Roosevelt was president -- or maybe take a stab at guessing the decade when televisions were first available to the public.

Being interviewed by Katie Couric on the "CBS Evening News," Biden said: "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

For those of you who aren't hard-core history buffs, Biden not only named the wrong president during the 1929 stock market crash, he also claimed a president who wasn't president during the stock market crash went on TV before Americans had TVs.

Other than that, the statement holds up pretty well. At least Biden managed to avoid mentioning any "clean" Negroes he had met.

Couric was nearly moved to tears by the brilliance of Biden's brain-damaged remark. She was especially intrigued by Biden's claim that FDR had said the new iPhone was the bomb!

Here is Couric's full response to Biden's bizarre outburst about FDR (a) being president and (b) going on TV in 1929: "Relating to the fears of the average American is one of Biden's strong suits."

But when our beauteous Sarah said that John McCain was a better leader on the economy than Barack Obama, Couric relentlessly badgered her for evidence. "Why do you say that?" Couric demanded. "Why are they waiting for John McCain and not Barack Obama? ... Can you give us any more examples of his leading the charge for more oversight?"

The beauteous Sarah had cited McCain's prescient warnings about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. But Couric, the crackerjack journalist who didn't know FDR wasn't president in 1929, demanded more examples from Palin.

We are currently in the middle of a massive financial crisis brought on by Fannie Mae. McCain was right on Fannie Mae; Obama was wrong. That's not enough?

Not for the affable Eva Braun of evening TV! "I'm just going to ask you one more time," Couric snipped, "not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?"

This would be like responding to someone who predicted the 9/11 attacks by saying: OK, you got one thing right. Not to belabor the point, but what else?

Obama was not merely wrong on Fannie Mae: He is owned by Fannie Mae. Somehow Obama managed to become the second biggest all-time recipient of Fannie Mae political money after only three years in the Senate. The biggest beneficiary, Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd, had a 30-year head start on receiving loot from Fannie Mae -- the government-backed institution behind our current crisis.

How does the Democratic ticket stack up on other major issues facing the nation, say, gas prices? Shockingly, Sen. Joe Biden was one of only five senators to vote against the first Alaskan pipeline bill in 1973. This is like having been a Nazi sympathizer during World War II. If Sarah Palin does nothing else, she has got to tie that idiotic pipeline vote around Biden's neck.

The Senate passed the 1973 Alaskan pipeline bill by an overwhelming 80-5 vote. Only five senators voted against the pipeline on final passage. Sen. Biden is the only one who is still in the Senate -- the other four having been confined to mental institutions long ago.

The stakes were clear: This was in the midst of the first Arab oil embargo. Liberal Democrats, such as senators Robert Byrd, Mike Mansfield, Frank Church and Hubert Humphrey, all voted for the pipeline.

But Biden cast one of only five votes against the pipeline that has produced more than 15 billion barrels of oil, supplied nearly 20 percent of this nation's oil, created tens of thousands of jobs, added hundreds of billions of dollars to the U.S. economy and reduced money transfers to the nation's enemies by about the same amount.

The only argument against the pipeline was that it would harm the caribou, an argument that was both trivial and wrong. The caribou population near the pipeline increased from 5,000 in the 1970s to 32,000 by 2002.

It would have been bad enough to vote against the pipeline bill even if it had hurt the caribou. A sane person would still say: Our enemies have us in a vice grip. Sorry, caribou, you've got to take one for the team. But when the pipeline goes through and the caribou population sextuples in the next 20 years, you really look like a moron.

We couldn't possibly expect Couric to ask Biden about a vote that is the equivalent of voting against the invention of the wheel. But couldn't she have come up with just one follow-up question for Biden on FDR's magnificent handling of the 1929 stock market crash?

Or here's a question the public is dying to know: "If Obama wanted a historically delusional vice president, why not Lyndon LaRouche?" At least LaRouche didn't vote against the Alaskan pipeline.

You dont need to be smart to be a democrat you just have to be breathing:)

Comment

• <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Jf17Yo7hBM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Jf17Yo7hBM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:beer2:

Comment

• This has been one unforgettable thread. Thankfully, this only occurs once every four years.

This thread shows just how polarized things are in our country....a bunch of guys/girls on an internet handicapping site that generally get along...mix in politics...and BOOM! The venom begins to spew.

I am one of those undecideds at this point. The major problem I have in trying to research the issues (as HD has continually asked people to do) is that I don't trust any of the media outlets or publications...IMHO, they all have an agenda. The more I try to read and research, the more frustrated I get.

I guess its just a general sense of cynicism that is making my choice a difficult one....the fact that the sides are so damn polarized only makes things worse.

Oh well, tonight should be interesting, to say the least.

Keep trumpeting your candidates, guys...like I said, this thread is one for the ages.
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

• Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

Keep trumpeting your candidates, guys...like I said, this thread is one for the ages.
          if its worth archiving then i will feel as if all of our work here has been worth while
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

if its worth archiving then i will feel as if all of our work here has been worth while
            :thumbs: I know I have learned a lot of about the Candidates, and still learning!
            This thread has some comical pictures & videos, and yet there is alot of truthful information, in this thread! Some of it is trivial, but mostly of importance to make the right decision. Like I stated before, do some research, and filter out all the Media/Internet Bull****in****! Only 33 more days!

GL to all of Us! :beerbang:

Comment

• <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoAQjjvgWjs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoAQjjvgWjs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:laughing:

Comment

• Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                :thumbs: I know I have learned a lot of about the Candidates, and still learning!
                This thread has some comical pictures & videos, and yet there is alot of truthful information, in this thread! Some of it is trivial, but mostly of importance to make the right decision. Like I stated before, do some research, and filter out all the Media/Internet Bull****in****! Only 33 more days!

GL to all of Us! :beerbang:

Well, I better get going on it....because I feel like filtering out all the media/internet bull**** is at least a month long job....hell, who am I kidding, its impossible. Everything is written from someone who has an agenda....period. That's my problem....its not that I believe some things and not others...its that when it comes to politics, I really have a hard time believing any of it....I look at the source and try to figure out what their agenda is...and they ALL have an agenda. So who the hell do you believe? Even the most objective articles have some type of agenda (and the ones that are supposed to be objective are the ones that annoy me the most...at least the ops from the party supporters aren't trying to be sneaky about their agenda in terms of who they back)....geesh, its beyond frustrating for me.

This is going to be a difficult decision for me...it may come down to the debates and just going with the gut.

About the only thing I truly believe in terms of politics at this point is that these next 33 days are going to be very interesting.
                "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

• Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                  Well, I better get going on it....because I feel like filtering out all the media/internet bull**** is at least a month long job....hell, who am I kidding, its impossible. Everything is written from someone who has an agenda....period. That's my problem....its not that I believe some things and not others...its that when it comes to politics, I really have a hard time believing any of it....I look at the source and try to figure out what their agenda is...and they ALL have an agenda. So who the hell do you believe? Even the most objective articles have some type of agenda (and the ones that are supposed to be objective are the ones that annoy me the most...at least the ops from the party supporters aren't trying to be sneaky about their agenda in terms of who they back)....geesh, its beyond frustrating for me.

This is going to be a difficult decision for me...it may come down to the debates and just going with the gut.

About the only thing I truly believe in terms of politics at this point is that these next 33 days are going to be very interesting.

When all else fails look to the persons character and what they are made of and where they have come from to be where they are today. That should help.Good Luck!:beerbang:

Comment

• Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                    When all else fails look to the persons character and what they are made of and where they have come from to be where they are today. That should help.Good Luck!:beerbang:
                    :thx:

Comment

• <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXrsOe2spDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXrsOe2spDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EErkF-Sa4k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EErkF-Sa4k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jonathan Martin's Blog: McCain pulling out of Michigan - Politico.com

and there goes 17 more electoral votes.........
                          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Jonathan Martin's Blog: McCain pulling out of Michigan - Politico.com

and there goes 17 more electoral votes.........
                            F'k meeechigan, I never liked them anyway! :beer2: Lions suck, tigers suck, pistones suck, UM sucks, F'k em! :laughing:

It's gonna get tougher for them, if obama wins, and the automakers move to japan! :thumbs:

Comment

• Barack Obama's Skeleton Closet!

#1-Obama was not born in the U.S.A./ not a U.S. citizen

Obama's Birth Certificate:

The ORIGINAL birth certificate of Obama has never been released, and the campaign refuses to release it.

The campaign has a false, fake birth certificate posted on their website:

- The birth certificate doesn't have a raised seal.
                              - It isn't signed.
                              - No creases from folding are evident in the scanned version.
                              - In the zoomed-in view, there's a strange halo around the letters.
                              - The certificate number is blacked out.
                              - The date bleeding through from the back seems to say "2007," but the document wasn't released until 2008.
                              - The document is a "certification of birth," not a "certificate of birth."
                              - The document doesn't show father's full name!
                              - The document shows the father's race as: African?

Obama Crimes

__________________________________________________ ______

#2 Obama Was Born, Raised, Is a Muslim

-Obama was born to Generations of Muslims

-Obama was raised for years in Muslim Nations

-Obama attended Muslim schools, where he was registered as a Muslim

-Obama wants you to believe that his opportunistic conversion to Christianity after being born to generations of Muslims who raised him for years in Muslim nations where he attended Muslim schools has completely eliminated his Islamic Roots and changed his Muslim sympathies.

-Obama’s church of 20 years gave many awards to the radical, anti-white, pro-Islamic, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

-Obama has been praised and endorsed by the Islamic terrorist group Hamas

-Obama has been praised and endorsed by Palestinian Rashid Khalidi, who also has held a fundraiser for Obama. Khalidi is a harsh critic of Israel, has made statements supportive of Palestinian terror and reportedly has worked on behalf of the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was involved in anti-Western terrorism and was labeled by the State Department as a terror group.

-Obama has praised and endorsed, in his autobiography, the founder first President of Nation of Islam President Malcom X

-Brother: Muslim ”Obama’s brother Roy opted for Islam over Christianity, as the Senator recounted in his book when describing his 1992 wedding. “The person who made me proudest of all,” Obama wrote, “was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol.”Abongo “argues that the black man must “liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.” He urged his younger brother to embrace his African heritage.

-Sister: Muslim In an interview with the New York Times, Maya Soetoro-Ng, Obama’s younger half sister, told the Times, “I don’t want to deny Islam. I think it’s obviously very important that we have an understanding of Islam ... my brother has been a Christian for (only) 20 years.

-Father: Muslim Obama Sr. (Senior) was born in Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya.

-Step Father: Muslim Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo ws a devout Muslim and Obama went to Mosque on Fridays with him.

-Mother: Muslim The evidence seems to quite clearly show that both Ann Dunham and her husband Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo were in fact devout Muslims themselves and they raised their son as such.”

-Grandfather: lived for a time in Zanzibar, where he converted from Christianity to Islam. He was one of the first Muslim converts in his village.
                              Grandfather, for whom Obama was given the middle name, Hussein, was "fiercely devoted to Islam." He had at least 3 wives: Helima, who had no children, Akuma who gave birth to Sarah Obama, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. and Auma Obama.

-Obama’s teachers and the principal from the 1970's: Obama actively took part in the Islamic religious lessons during his years at his school in Muslim Indonesia. “I remembered that he had studied “mengaji” (recitation of the Quran)” “The actual usage of the word ‘mengaji’ in Indonesian and Malaysian societies means the study of learning to recite the Quran in the Arabic language rather than the native tongue. “Mengagi” is a word and a term that is accorded the highest value and status in the mindset of fundamentalist societies here in Southeast Asia. To put it quite simply, ‘mengaji classes’ are not something that a non practicing or so-called moderate Muslim family would ever send their child to. To put this in a Christian context, this is something above and beyond simply enrolling your child in Sunday school classes.”

-The Obama Campaign: told the LA Times he wasn’t a “practicing Muslim.” (3/14/2007).

- Obama states his "Muslim Faith". Obama acknowledged his Islamic Heritage Sunday, September 7, 2008 during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week", speaking of "My Muslim Faith".

The Obama File
                              #3 Obama's association with the unrepentant terrorist William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground.

-Despite having authored two autobiographies, Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

-The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s. Among other feats, Mr. Ayers and his cohorts bombed the Pentagon, and he has never expressed regret for his actions. Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at Mr. Ayers's home.

-Documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Obama were partners in the CAC. Those archives are housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago

- In early 1995, Obama was appointed the first chairman of the board, which handled fiscal matters. Mr. Ayers co-chaired the foundation's other key body, the "Collaborative," which shaped education policy.

-Obama has misrepresented his relationship with Ayers to the press and someone blocked access to the records detailing the workings of the group founded by Ayers and chaired by Obama.

The Real Barack Obama
                              #4 Obama's relationship with Tony "slum landlord" Rezko

-They met in 1990. Obama was a student at Harvard Law School and got an unsolicited job offer from Rezko, then a low-income housing developer in Chicago. Obama turned it down.

-Obama took a job in 1993 with a small Chicago law firm, Davis Miner Barnhill, that represents developers -- primarily not-for-profit groups -- building low-income housing with government funds.

-One of the firm's not-for-profit clients -- the Woodlawn Preservation and Investment Corp., co-founded by Obama's then-boss Allison Davis -- was partners with Rezko's company in a 1995 deal to convert an abandoned nursing home at 61st and Drexel into low-income apartments. Altogether, Obama spent 32 hours on the project, according to the firm. Only five hours of that came after Rezko and WPIC became partners, the firm says. The rest of the future senator's time was helping WPIC strike the deal with Rezko. Rezko's company, Rezmar Corp., also partnered with the firm's clients in four later deals -- none of which involved Obama, according to the firm. In each deal, Rezmar "made the decisions for the joint venture," says William Miceli, an attorney with the firm.

-In 1995, Obama began campaigning for a seat in the Illinois Senate. Among his earliest supporters: Rezko. Two Rezko companies donated a total of $2,000. Obama was elected in 1996 -- representing a district that included 11 of Rezko's 30 low-income housing projects.

-Rezko's low-income housing empire began crumbling in 2001, when his company stopped making mortgage payments on the old nursing home that had been converted into apartments. The state foreclosed on the building -- which was in Obama's Illinois Senate district.

-In 2003, Obama announced he was running for the U.S. Senate, and Rezko -- a member of his campaign finance committee -- held a lavish fund-raiser June 27, 2003, at his Wilmette mansion.

-A few months after Obama became a U.S. senator, he and Rezko's wife, Rita, bought adjacent pieces of property from a doctor in Chicago's Kenwood neighborhood -- a deal that has dogged Obama the last two years. The doctor sold the mansion to Obama for $1.65 million -- $300,000 below the asking price. Rezko's wife paid full price -- $625,000 -- for the adjacent vacant lot. The deals closed in June 2005. Six months later, Obama paid Rezko's wife $104,500 for a strip of her land, so he could have a bigger yard. At the time, it had been widely reported that Tony Rezko was under federal investigation. Questioned later about the timing of the Rezko deal, Obama called it "boneheaded" because people might think the Rezkos had done him a favor.

-Eight months later -- in October 2006 -- Rezko was indicted on charges he solicited kickbacks from companies seeking state pension business under his friend Gov. Blagojevich. Federal prosecutors maintain that $10,000 from the alleged kickback scheme was donated to Obama's run for the U.S. Senate. Obama has given the money to charity.

-Using his elected office and his clout, Obama helped Tony Rezko and other unscrupulous low-income housing developers obtain millions of dollars in state grants, tax credits, low-interest loans, and regulatory advantages.

The Real Barack Obama

BarackBook
                              Last edited by homedawg; 10-02-2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• "We’re gonna change it” — by indoctrinating America’s youth, one “Obama kid” at a time

October 2, 2008

Once again m1media comes through with unsettling film footage in “Singing For Obama, Indoctrination To The World Of Ayers, Dohrn & Wright - Teachers Brain Washing Your Children For Obama And The Far Left Fringe.” Clips include commentary by Weathermen Bernardine Dohrn and Mark Rudd and Bill Ayers.

Plus, m1media includes clips from Obama’s white-hating, America-hating “spiritual advisers”, Father Michael Pfleger and Rev. Jeremiah “God-Damn-AmeriKKKA” Wright, with the added bonus of mass murderer Charles Manson and his loyal followers.

<object width="600" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dmbtgylawt4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dmbtgylawt4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="450"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...
                                X