No announcement yet.

Tourneys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive got one hour left to finish bracket and really struggling w/ the unc-cuse part of bracket, i wanna pick cuse to lose in first round lol. if cuse does fall its so lame that UNC has basically a cakewalk to elite 8. i got the rugged Irishmen winning it all :beer2:

Comment

double posted
      Last edited by TheBeholdah; 03-17-2011, 09:59 AM. Reason: double posted

Comment

Like The Butler to do it, and Vandy as well.....GL Beholdah.

Actually have Marquette taking down the Heels and then losing to OSU! And stuck at work to get tons of stuff done before heading south for golf tomorrow! Such a small price to pay.....:thumbs:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Golf during Madness??? how dare you joe :laughing:

Comment

lets see what kind of coach stallings is.. richmond has absolutely no answer for Ezeli, they need to keep forcing him the ball and let him play more than his usual minutes. and taylor better wake up, vandy's so talented but a double digit lead means absolutely nothing with them, i dont like the way they do their subbing..

what a great start to the tourney, already 3 games decided in final seconds!

Comment

that vanderbilt game was fascinating to watch. Richmond, mostly KA, played amazing and got every bounce, and they flat out wanted it more. Jeff Taylor was an absolute trainwreck, the missed dunk said it all, and Stallings could not have been more outcoached. how do u not change the defense and at least try something other than zone when the spiders drain every 3 they take? its not his fault taylor played with 0 confidence tho, Kevin Anderson is a Leader, vanderbilt has no leadership, and thats why vandy sucks at the end of games, became so apparant watching that 2nd half. great performance by richmond

Comment

Mooney has really created an aura around the Richmond program that reminds me of Xavier. They are extremely well coached, they make great in game changes, are creative in how they address potential matchup or tempo problems and they have a collection of very smart players. They seem to maximize their ability on a regular basis. Plus having a guy who can dominate and get in the paint at will like KA and Tu really helps you be competitive in any matchup. That being said I think Richmond would get absolutely pasted by Kansas if they play.

Nice call on Butler today. They were much better than I expected.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

fran- the one thing with rich is that they were draining 3's left and right and were getting every boucne to go their way adn still barely won the game, so im not really looking to back them, however i respect the hell out of them. They dont have a guy to stop Faried of morehead.

disapointed i didnt hit cinci a little harder last night as i was real confident in them.
                  Zags are MUCH much better than i gave them credit for, johnnies were overmatched, 41-19 rebounding domination

In regard to the Zaga-Jimmer matchup, I think this will be a much more competitive game than the johnnies game was, but ultimately the zags have too many matchup problems for byu. There is just not much experienced size on the byu roster, so zaga should have another major rebounding advantage. byu rebounds well as a team but doesnt face frontlines like zaga too often. Zaga wont shoot 9-15 from deep again, and byu will defend them differently than the johnnies did. stj's defense could not have been more ineffective. But that zaga team is very balanced, well coached and playing with as mcuh confidence as anyone. Its lookin like Jimmer will have to drop an efficient 40 points to have a shot

Comment

Beholdah - I agree that Richmond did get a few bounces but they play smart and their style of play seems to generate those bounces. That game will be interesting. If Richmond turns the ball over they will have a hard time, if they don't it will even out the rebounding advantage. As far as the 3 pt shooting they really only made 2 more than their average percentage wise and Martel was pretty open on his attempts. Plus they shot 5-12 from the line to basically balance that out.

I think Sacre will be a big problem for BYU. He should be able to have his way in the post.

I think overall their is a tremendous set of games matching teams playing relatively similar styles in most of the games.
                    MLB
                    May
                    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

i agree fran, alot of these matchups are very intriguing. i love this ish

just hit the zags pretty hard, almost got +1 but line flipflopped when i tried to put it in

4 units

Zags pk (-113) vs the book of mormum

i originally planned on making some 6 unit plays or higher in the tourney but since over the past couple weeks i got back the money i was down this year im not going to piss the doe away again, so wont go much bigger than 4 units.. when the account was dwindling i went big to make things happen but not necessary now. 4 units still a lot of scrilla for me tho

Comment

GL to you today brother! :beerbang:

Comment

wanna wish everyone BOL today, im heading out to AC for the day to play some pokes with the corner of my eye on the tv watching the games. Only riding out with the zags today.. bol boys :thumbs:

Comment

no team in the country could have hung with byu last night, got carried away going so big on zags, too reactionary

2 units

Texas-3 (-105) vs. zona 1st half

think texas can slow down williams and i texas has better players at the other positions, thinking they jump out on this team. however, sean miller's half time adjustments will likely school Rick Barnes', and if it gets close towards the end texas cant hit FTs, so like them 1st half
                            Last edited by TheBeholdah; 03-23-2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: bolded play

Comment

2.5 units

MarQuette+5 (-109) vs. cuse

0.8 units

MarQ ML+190

MarQ as scrappy a team as there is, they beat cuse once already this year and they seem to lose games by 5 or less more than other teams, always battle down to the wire, lookin for the eagles to ruin the potential unc-cuse matchup everyone wants

1 unit

ND-Fsu : Under 130 (-103)

have a feeling the irish will be bothered by fsu defense, nd plays slow as it is and fsu is weak offensively, 63-59 type game
                              Last edited by TheBeholdah; 03-23-2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: bolded plays

Comment

lol florida st 5-7 from 3 pt range so far.. need them to chill out for this under... texas blows, rick barnes strikes again . think duke scrapes zona tho..

these thursday sweet 16 matchups are real tough.. all terrific games ill enjoy without action on most likely

BYU-Fla= absolutely noway i ever bet agaisnt Jimmer again, but not bettting on him.. should be another amazing game

SD St-Uconn= Uconn is on absolute fire, kemba is the truth, but the aztecs are a real tough team, the pickem line is fitting. complete tossup to me

Butler-Wiscy= Butler is just an awesome, gritty team, would never bet against them.. but wiscy is such a smart team with a couple of great players. just cant pick this one..

Comment

Working...
                                X