Tourneys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barely survived that under..

thinkin bout a duke/osu ml parlay, throwing kansas in would make the odds better but this richmond/kansas matchup reminds me so much of northern iowa/kansas from last year...

Comment

1 unit

Mizzou St+4.5 2nd half (up 6)

not even shooting well and still seemed to take control of the game. being more aggressive, 11 ft attempts to 0 attempts for miami
      Last edited by TheBeholdah; 03-23-2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: bolded play

Comment

miami matched their 1h pt total in first 6 minutes :laughing:

Comment

after looking further into this SD St-Uconn matchup...

I didnt realize the game is being played in Anaheim, what a HUGE advantage for the Aztecs. They are also mostly upperclassmen, in a game of this magnitude the youth of uconn has to come into play (at least a little bit rite?) . Though Walker is perhaps a more dynamic player than fredette, the aztecs facing a superstar like Jimmer 3 times (finally solving him the last time) has to help them in preparing to slow down a BAMoFo like Walker. The aztecs cost me big in that 2nd matchup vs byu @ home, i was 6 units worth of confident that theyd win that game and i kind of soured on this team since. uconn has faced far better teams all year, but this Aztec team truly is stacked. I like that PG Gay hardly ever turns the ball over. Leonard is a beast. I am taking the angle that uconn played amazing yet slightly above themselves during the big east tourney, then got a terrific draw for them to reach the Sweet16, and now find themselves a bit overvalued in what should be a hostyle environment on the WEST coast against a Stacked team. Thats my angle and im sticking to it. 'Tecs owe me one..

3 units

Aztecs+1 (-108)
          Last edited by TheBeholdah; 03-23-2011, 12:31 PM. Reason: bolded play

Comment

I like em too Beholdah...gl to you

Comment

1 unit

'Tecs vs. Kemba: Under 128 (-102)

Defensive matchup, 'tecs gonna try and really slow this one down

even though i think florida should dominate in the paint, im not getting Jimmered again...

Also, kansas should of course dominate the paint with Morris*2, but Richmond had tough big man matchups in each of first 2 rounds and found ways to minimize damage, much tougher task at hand here for sure, but I did notice that Garrett on Richmond is a hell of a defender and will help out alot, and having a guy like KA is huge down the stretch assuming they can stay in striking range. Kansas is big, deep and athletic, but i really can see them underestimating Rich a little bit. KU has had their share of close calls this year out of their home arena, most recently the ok st game. Rich will live and die by the 3, if theyre not ICE cold they can hang here and KA can work his magic at the end. I know kansas is experienced and well coached, but i cant help but think they know they have a virtual cakewalk to the final four and could find themselves in a dogfite here. It's not like Rich doesnt have a couple stars of their own in HArper and KA. The key to this game will be Rich's ability to hit some early shots and weather Kansas' big runs theyll be sure to go on. Rich can work their methodical offense and hit 3's at the end of the shotclock adn really limit possessions, the pressure will be all on the jayhawks. They wont have the luxury to run clock if they go down 23-10 10 minutes in and have to play major catchup, so imo the first phase of the game is huge. im waiting for a potential +11 with rich.

Comment

i ahve to say that the Public %'s are COMPLETE BS imo. There is absolutely no way 3 out of every 4 bets are on uconn. i didnt factor that into the play as i still like the aztecs, but its just not true that 75% are on uconn. no effin way

Comment

Beholdah...I believe that many people are on UConn.

How many people have ever heard of SD St? Come on, they barely beat Temple and they aren't any good either. It isn't like the Big East...Thank you, East Coast fan.

I agree with you on SD St and am leaning that way. I think I prefer the under as a play more. I think it gets ugly and with UConn facing a quality defensive team it would take a great game from Kemba to open up enough shots his teammates can make. I think SD St mucks it up and wins by 3-7 in a game that barely gets them in the 60's.

As for Richmond, yes they do have some talented bigs but I see them just getting destroyed on the glass. Vanderbilt is like a little Kansas (lesser post players, defenders, etc) and Ezeli was planting in the paint and making every shot. I think Kansas does more of the same. Kansas did the same thing 3 years ago with Cole Aldrich in the second round vs Dayton. Aldrich had like 20-20 with nearly 10 blocks while he absolutely anihilated the middle of paint. The Morris brothers will be a real problem especially with their athleticism since they are stronger than Richmond, yet they have the athleticism to step out and guard Justin Harper. And while I love Kevin Anderson, I think he will have a tougher time getting open against Taylor than some of his other matchups. Kansas will play tough, smart man to man and they have the size and athletes to wreck havoc on Richmond's offense. Richmond is a nice team and they are very well coached. But Kansas is on another level, IMO.
                  MLB
                  May
                  Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                  Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                  Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                  Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                  Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                  Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

risking 3 units to win 2 units

Duke/Buckeyes ML Parlay

be interesting to see which team lets me down...

Comment

darn, fell victem to the aztecs again. did anyone else on uconn score in that game besides walker and lamb?? i remember seeing like one other husky score

Comment

1 u

Duke-4 2nd half

Comment

got murdered tonight, duke :laughing:. that was sheer domination, zona walloped them. did not see that one coming, and wiscy gets completely annhilated...madness

Comment

Hard to handicap risky missing 17 shots in a row.
                            MLB
                            May
                            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                            Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

^yea wiscy was awful, didnt have them but got taken to the woodshed with duke and sd st

that duke game was really one of the most surprising things i can ever remember seeing. for a senior laden coach k team, they seriously lost their composure like a bunch of inexperienced freshmen, in hindsight the athletism advantage zona had makes the result less surprising, but after watching zona need dwill to singlehandly keep them in the game for the first half shooting unconscious from 3, that 21-2 run or whatever it was zona went on might have been the most surprising thing ive ever witnessed watching this sport. even b4 zona took the lead it just looked like duke was completely falling apart, and within the blink of an eye zona was up dougle digits.

I want to back zona to beat uconn, they will have 75/80% of crowd support and they seriously looked freakin unbelievable last night. DWill cancels out Kemba. Sean Miller is one hell of a coach, id love to know what he said at halftime to the players not named dwill...

Comment

well i dont know what just happened lol, i just bet on a bunch of stuff, ill be happy if i just dont get completely annhilated here...

3 units

Rich+11 (-117) vs. cans of ass

0.7 u

Rich ML+570

2 units

VCU+4 (-108) vs. fla st Feminoles

1 unit

VCU ML+170

2 units

Zona+3 (-105) vs. uconn

(the zona game reminds me of the gonzaga-byu game, unfortunately)

1 unit

Zona-kemba: Over 145 (-103)

2 units

Billy D-3 (-107) vs. brad stevens

2 of best coaches in the game, but i think butler finally bows out here, florida is stacked with crazy athletism and monsters in the frontcourt. scary fading buttler but if theres ever a game Howard will find himself in foul trouble its this one...

0.4 u to win 6.25 u

Rich/VCU ML Parlay

Comment

Working...
                                X