I find it really funny.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it really funny.....

how everyone is so sure OSU isn't the best team and all these other teams are so much more deserving. LSU was annoited as "the team" but their defense has been atrocious since about the 4th game of the season giving up well over 30 points in a lot of those games. WVU hasn't played anyone and won't the rest of the year, and has looked anything but dominant in most of their games. KU/Mizzou will play Oklahoma and if that game is won by OKLA it will be an OSU/WVU championship game. I have no idea who the best team is this year and quite frankly i think you could toss 10 teams in the mix, play the thing 10 times and have 10 different winners. But the fact that somehow OSU doesn't belong in the title game is absolutely laughable. They are no more and no less deserving than anyone else in the mix. I can tell you this, aside from 1 bad game vs. Illinois, there hasn't been a team in the country other than Kansas that has dominated opponents like OSU has. KU to this point has played a worse schedule than OSU, BTW......ranked #96 and i don't hear any talk of them not being deserving. I really don't understand all the public and media disdain for OSU. And, though, i am a huge huge fan, i am not a homer nor a honk for them. But it really is funny that nobody has mentioned KU having played the #96 schedule, but everyone sure can pipe in that OSU played nobody. Hypocrisy is classic.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I somewhat agree with you, as I htought for sure they would run the table and play for the title.

I don't really care who they play, but I'm pulling for WVU to make it in there. They've been unstoppable in Bowl games with the White/Slaton combo.

Comment

i love how all week it has been who will be number 2 and play against lsu and then arkansas wins and changes everything. people kept on talkin if missouri beat kansas that they would move ahead of wvu, which doesnt seem to matter much anymore now that lsu is out of the picture. i think missou beats kansas but loses to oklahoma leaving ohio state to play west virginia. who knows though. west va still has to beat uconn, they should but who knows anymore with the way this season has been.

at this point i would say west virginia is who i think wins it all

Comment

Hands down this year best two teams were and still should be

Oregon

Ohio st.

if dixion scrony legs werent so scrony ducks be sitting at numero uno and waiting for
        ohio st to come falling into 2nd as west virginia and kansas lose by seasons end...

i guess if belloti gets **** together its still possible to see a ohio st #1 oregon #2 but who knows....

kansas wins this week loses following week... or vice versa but i prefer my way since i backed kansas this week....

west virginia goes down period cause i dont like em and they will choke... (not likely)

missouri loses this week they gone...

Georgia will blow it cause they are georgia either this week or vs LSU

V-tech will follow georgia pattern

right now i have to say today

Kansas vs ohio st is most deserving for title game:thumbs:

Comment

I honestly think that of all the years that people have clamored for a playoff at the end of the season, this is the one year where it makes the most sense. Usually there's an argument where 3 teams are deserving. This year, there's the possibility that 0 teams are deserving.

If Kansas or Missouri wins out, they deserve it. No doubt.

West Virginia: I'm sorry, you haven't beaten one ranked team all year. Your one loss came to USF, who's not even ranked anymore.

Ohio State: I think more deserving that WVU because their loss came to a pretty good Illinois team. But really no quality wins. If you asked me if they could beat anyone in the country, i'd say no. I think USC and Georgia would whip them. Probably Florida, too.

Georgia: Two huge losses, but put them in a playoff, and I think they have as good a shot as anyone in the country. Playing awesome football the last month.

USC: See Georgia, above.

Va. Tech: See Georgia and USC above.

Hawaii or Boise: Heck, the way these other teams are playing, they may have an argument. If we're throwing strength of schedule out the door, then why not.
          Last edited by navy_blue99; 11-23-2007, 08:27 PM.
          2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
          2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

Yep, we've had this conversation. We talked about LSU's defense, we've talked about Oregon, and I have agreed with you on OSU. I think Oregon with a healthy Dixon deserved all the hype. But now, the way the season has played out I think the top 4 teams right now are OSU, Kansas, Mizzou and Georgia. Although I could be extremley wrong after this weekend. I wouldn't mind Georgia sneeking into the title picture the way their offense has played the last 4 or 5 weeks, but even then their defense doesn't seem championship caliber. USC seems to be back now that the QB is back and healthy. I guess it's like you said. There really truely seems to be about 10 teams that could or would win this year's championship. But to your original point OSU gets slammed cause Tressel takes the 14 pt lead and sits on it. Not saying I disagree with the philosophy(it obviously seems to work) but OSU gets no style points. And you know how the voters are.

Comment

I say if Kansas and Hawaii go undefeated, let em have at it in the BCS title game, lol

Really though, LSU being #1 was a joke, just like pretty much every other team that was #1 this year. LSU's "tough" defense hasn't been too "tough" for about 8 or 9 weeks since they were done beating up on Tulane....and even those guys moved the ball on em and covered the 40+ point joke of a line in that game.

I don't know who the hell I'd say is #1 or #2, but I suppose it's just more fuel for the fire that CFB should have some type of playoff system....

Comment

If OSU finishes 2 and Georgia 3, I would rather see Georgia in the title game. They may have one more loss than the Buckeyes, but if you were to ask most pollsters who the better team is regardless of their record, i think most would tell you Georgia. Of course, Georgia would only deserve it IF they win the SEC.
                2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
                2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

usc and ohio state lost at home to unranked opponents ( illinois at the time) and neither have had the hardest schedule this year.
                  west va beat cincy who was ranked at the time and will play uconn who is also ranked. the big east is dominated by west va and they shouldnt be penalized for it being considered a weaker conference. with the exception of the south fla game they havnt been stopped all year. west va deserves their shot this year, they have been up there for a while and everyone always says they play nobody, but they also kick the crap out of most of those nobodies.

georgia has two losses so they are out, no exceptions

Comment

LMAO......Hawaii has the 120th ranked SOS out of..............drum roll please.....120 teams.....

and dwd14- WVU hasn't stopped anyone all year long. They are lucky to play in a conference where nobody has a defense and then play 6 cupcakes on the outside. They haven't stopped anyone all year long. Not to say they aren't as deserving as anyone else, but to say they are any more deserving is a joke, as well. They certainly are not a complete team and are probably the least complete team in the top 5.
                    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-23-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwd14 View Post
                      georgia has two losses so they are out, no exceptions

I agree no 2 loss team should even get metioned for the NC game....O and not to mention I hate UGAY...TO HELL WITH GEORGIA........HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS>>PISS ON THEM!!

Stafford is the most overrated overhyped QB in the country 55% completion for 2000 yards..LOL really sounds like Hesiman trophy stats HUH?
                      Every Bet is a good Bet win or lose you still get some action

1 unit=$100

NBA 0-0

NCAABB 0-0

NFL 0-0

NCAAFB 5-8 -8 units

Comment

UGA is playing good football now, but heck......they aren't even going to win the own half of their conference or even play in their conference championship game!!!!!

Comment

hell if mizzou plays wvu the final would by 75-74, at least that would be fun to watch.

Comment

hell if mizzou plays wvu the final would by 75-74, at least that would be fun to watch.

in that case whats wrong with hawaii vs any school in the top 10 ?

lol

Comment

lol...higher scoring than if the basketball teams played....

i think the bottom line is there is no way you can say one team is more deserving than another....

whoever plays in the title game, there will be 2,3, maybe 5 teams on the outside that are just as deserving. but i don't think you can say whoever ends up there shouldn't be there whether it be WVU, Ohio State, Mizzou whoever.......whatever 2 teams get there this year are deserving of being there under this system.

and if OSU finishes 3rd and is on the outside looking in then tough. they had their chance to control their fate and didn't. i personally think OSU spanks WVU, but that doesn't mean they should be in the game ahead of WVU if WVU takes care of their business.

It does show how rediculous preseason polls are, though, as KU didn't even get a vote in the preseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X