No announcement yet.

I find it really funny.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly it would appear that LSU's defense was overhyped.... but then again, look at who they have played.... Ohio St and Kansas would get trucked by mcfadden and co. just like pretty much anybody in the country. If LSU played Ohio St or Kansas' schedule i highly doubt they would have a loss... but they would also be overrated at #1 imho. I think the reality is that there are not GREAT teams in cfb this year.... I find myself rooting for all the big boys to keep losing, so that an argument for a playoff is that much stronger. Doubt it happens in my lifetime, but i can dream.

BTW FF, I have this feeling kentucky beats tennessee and georgia back doors into the SEC championship.

Comment

What we now need is for Okla to win the conference championship and then OSU is in the NC game. Keeping my fingers crossed. If it is WVU vs. OSU, I think WVU will get blown away.

JC
      Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCol View Post
        If it is WVU vs. OSU, I think WVU will get blown away.

JC

vice versa my friend.... OSU's defense is seriously overhyped... they look fantastic against sub-par pedestrian offenses, but they have shown that they can NOT handle the shotgun spread offense (see Illinois this year and Florida last year in the NC). WVU's offense would give them fits all day... the ONE thing OSU would have in its favor is that many teams struggle to re-gain mid season form after the long layoff between the reg. season and the BCS bowls.... but Tressel generally seems to be able to handle that better than most other coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
          vice versa my friend.... OSU's defense is seriously overhyped... they look fantastic against sub-par pedestrian offenses, but they have shown that they can NOT handle the shotgun spread offense (see Illinois this year and Florida last year in the NC). WVU's offense would give them fits all day... the ONE thing OSU would have in its favor is that many teams struggle to re-gain mid season form after the long layoff between the reg. season and the BCS bowls.... but Tressel generally seems to be able to handle that better than most other coaches.
          WVU vs. OSU is one I argument I hope will be settled on the field :beerbang:

Actually OSU has the longest layoff, and that may have been one of the reasons for last year's sorry performance. But I agree that Tressel is better at getting teams ready for big games (last year being an exception).

JC
          Go Bucks!

Comment

If nothing else this season really points out how bad they need a playoff system. There has not been 1 team that post an airtight case they should be in the final game. Every conference should get their champ in and then at large bids just like college bb and do away with the whole bowl system. It's too bad this will never happen as the powers that be don't want to see the money from the bowl alliances disappear. No one can argue though that March Madness has made college basketball one of the biggest things on tv and football could end up the same way.

Good luck to all!!!

Comment

I agree no 2 loss teams should be considered EVER no the National Championship, but this is such a weird year. In all honesty, I thought they had the most talent coming into the season and right now I think USC is probably the best team in the country now that Booty is back and the WR's are finally playing better. They are going to win out, and will either go to the Rose Bowl if Oregon slips up, or to another BCS game as an at large (Fiesta Bowl) and thump somebody and finished ranked #2 overall, IMHO. Hopefully, that team is not Hawaii, cause god that would be an awful football game. Hawaii in the BCS in an insult. Any team that needs overtime to beat San Jose State and Louisiana Tech is a joke. And I'm tired of hearing how good Colt Brennan is. He's not good. It's the system. Where's Timmy Chang now? That Graunke guy throws for 500 yards every time he plays too. It's a system/schedule product. They play bad teams, WAC defenses, and throw it 60 times.

As for Kansas, I hope they get theirs this week. If Kansas were int he SEC, they would have 4 losses minimum - probably more. They haven't played 1 good team yet this season, and finally will today. 7-5 is the best record of any team they've faced (and that's ****ty Central Michigan and Texas A&M). They didn't and don't play Texas, Texas, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma.

West Virginia is a virtual lock to be in the NCG since they should roll up on UConn today and then have to beat a Pittsburgh team that is offensively challenged. Rich Rodriguez to LSU anyone????

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post

BTW FF, I have this feeling kentucky beats tennessee and georgia back doors into the SEC championship.

I have the same thoughts:thumbs:

Comment

Here is My 2 Cents Worth: THOR'S Thoughts

You can Take 2 or 3 Teams that are Healthy form Any Conf Like SEC..Big 10...Big 12...Pac 10...ACC...Big East....Ect...and Pick 2 Teams from any of These and on a Given Day..One could Beat Another then Next Week the Loser could Beat the Winner from 1st Game...So Let all the Crap About THIS Team is Better than This Team...Stop..Next

Without a Playoff System this will be Here....That is Why in College: Basketball Plays NCAA Tourament at End of Season...Baseball Plays World Sereis...and ECT...In College Football POLLS Place Teams in a Top 25 Order.....Next

West Virginia Stength of Schedule: 42th...Not Top 20 But Not 80th or 100th....So If We Play the Top 2 Strength of Schedule Teams...it would be #1 Washington Vs #2 Nebraska to Play Top 2 Teams Based on Hardest Schedules...Next

Last Year During the Bowl Season If I Remember Right....Only the Big East Was 5-0 in Bowl Games without a Loss ...So as a Conference Stands Last Year Each Team Picked to Play in Bowl Game Stepped Up and Won their Game...Did Any Other Conf Go Undefeted..??..No...Next

West Virginia has Played 5 Teams this Year (NO Matter Where they are Ranked Today) But at One Time During Season they Reached This Ranking...Louisville #9th...S Florida #2th...Rutgers #13th....Cincinnati #15th...Connecticut #16th...Now I Know those 5 were Ranked at Least that High or even Higher...So when a Team Plays 5 Teams that are Ranked During the Year..Don't Say they had a Easy Schedule..Next

Every Team that Plays in a Season Of Football (For Anyone that has Played Football and been in a Locker Room Knows what I Mean/Saying) will Always Have a Game or Two when you are Flat..Have Turnovers More Than Normal that You have to Overcome...Play on Road and Team has 2 Weeks to Prepare for You...I Have Played on Undefeated Teams During Regular Season in High School (Today Our High School Team is Playing in the Final 4 to get a Shot at Next Weeks State Championship Game but are Really Banged Up and 2 Offesive Players Can't Play and 1 of those Coaches is My Uncle and Another is WV Grad that Played DB at WV 4 Years in Early 80's We Played Together and We Made it Until Final 4 until Losing in a Rain/Snow Storm then Lost in My Sr Season in Championship Game) So those Games Each Season are the Games You Hope As a Team You Can Still Win with Playing Not your Best...Next

Until they have a Playoff System in College Football.....This will Go on Year after Year After Year....So Enjoy Todays Games and the Chips will Fall were They May and 2 Teams will Play for a National Championship and ALWAYS a TEAM or TWO will be Left Out that are Very DESERVING to be There....:sm:

BOL to Everyone...and BOL to All Here and Hope Your Favorite Team Wins....Hammer em..!!
                  Last edited by Thor24; 11-24-2007, 02:31 PM.
                  Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

All this clamor for a playoff misses the point. The charm of the college football system is that at the end of the season many teams get to play in a bowl game that is regarded as the climax of the season. Win it and it means something...

If there is a playoff system, there will be only one final winner... and that is much less satisfying than the multiple bowl winners. That is why we should not and probably never will have a playoff system.

JC
                    Last edited by JayCol; 11-24-2007, 02:28 PM.
                    Go Bucks!

Comment

In response to the Big East going unbeaten, let's look at some of the teams they matched up with in comparison to the Big 10(just chose them randomly)

East Carolina
                      Kansas St.
                      Western Michigan
                      Wake Forest
                      Georgia Tech

Big 10 opponents:

Texas Tech
                      Maryland
                      Texas
                      Tennessee
                      Arkansas
                      USC
                      Florida

So I always laugh when people try to throw the "Big East went 5-0 in bowls" thing at me in any argument. The Big East has, for the most part, garbage bowl tie ins after their top 2 which is a result of their crappy overall conference. None of the upper bowls want their teams after the top 2 so they tie in with the Big 10, SEC, Pac-10, etc. middle to bottom teams before the upper Big East ones.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                        In response to the Big East going unbeaten, let's look at some of the teams they matched up with in comparison to the Big 10(just chose them randomly)

East Carolina
                        Kansas St.
                        Western Michigan
                        Wake Forest
                        Georgia Tech

Big 10 opponents:

Texas Tech
                        Maryland
                        Texas
                        Tennessee
                        Arkansas
                        USC
                        Florida

So I always laugh when people try to throw the "Big East went 5-0 in bowls" thing at me in any argument. The Big East has, for the most part, garbage bowl tie ins after their top 2 which is a result of their crappy overall conference. None of the upper bowls want their teams after the top 2 so they tie in with the Big 10, SEC, Pac-10, etc. middle to bottom teams before the upper Big East ones.

I agree 100% with this.... Big east played scrubs in last years bowls... The one major team was WAKE FOREST, who won the ACC only because the ACC was the worst it had been in forever.

Comment

All this clamor for a playoff misses the point. The charm of the college football system is that at the end of the season many teams get to play in a bowl game that is regarded as the climax of the season. Win it and it means something...

If there is a playoff system, there will be only one final winner... and that is much less satisfying than the multiple bowl winners. That is why we should not and probably never will have a playoff system.

JC
                          huh? No one is suggesting you get rid of the bowl games.... just have a 4 or 8 team playoff.... the other 50+ teams can keep their bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                            how everyone is so sure OSU isn't the best team and all these other teams are so much more deserving. LSU was annoited as "the team" but their defense has been atrocious since about the 4th game of the season giving up well over 30 points in a lot of those games. WVU hasn't played anyone and won't the rest of the year, and has looked anything but dominant in most of their games. KU/Mizzou will play Oklahoma and if that game is won by OKLA it will be an OSU/WVU championship game. I have no idea who the best team is this year and quite frankly i think you could toss 10 teams in the mix, play the thing 10 times and have 10 different winners. But the fact that somehow OSU doesn't belong in the title game is absolutely laughable. They are no more and no less deserving than anyone else in the mix. I can tell you this, aside from 1 bad game vs. Illinois, there hasn't been a team in the country other than Kansas that has dominated opponents like OSU has. KU to this point has played a worse schedule than OSU, BTW......ranked #96 and i don't hear any talk of them not being deserving. I really don't understand all the public and media disdain for OSU. And, though, i am a huge huge fan, i am not a homer nor a honk for them. But it really is funny that nobody has mentioned KU having played the #96 schedule, but everyone sure can pipe in that OSU played nobody. Hypocrisy is classic.
                            ...and here I thought TN fans were the worst! LOL! :puke: :puke:

Flyers can't help it! He's like all the other Ohio St fans who feel like they deserve the championship every year before they even play a game! LOL!

Ohio St wouldn't stand a chance against LSU....and we all know that! :thumbs:
                            White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

What we now need is for Okla to win the conference championship and then OSU is in the NC game. Keeping my fingers crossed. If it is WVU vs. OSU, I think WVU will get blown away.

JC
                              From a neutral point of view, I actually think WVU has a better chance of beating any team in the country on a neutral field than losing to them.

All this comparing schedules and conferences accomplishes about nothing....just like the BCS accomplishes nothing. If it were that simple, none of us would ever lose a game. All you'd have to do is pick the higher ranked BCS team with the better strength of schedule on the ML, no matter what the price, and you'd have nothing but winners.

Truth is that WVU provides matchup problems for anyone and everyone, and it's impossible to really say that someone would ever smoke them. Unlike some of these high scoring teams, they don't run a gimmick offense that relies on trickery and 90% passing to score. They do it by mostly running the ball with speed and very good execution, and that's just not easy to stop, no matter who you are. Once Slaton or White is running free in the open field, you can have any plan you want, or as many 300 pounders as you want, and you're just not gonna get em.

IMHO, the only way WVU would ever get smoked is if they have a ton of turnovers leading to alot of easy points for the opposition....cause they're gonna get theirs.

Comment

I told FF last week I thought OSU would get back into it.

Whoever wins tonight will lose to OU, if not for being not as good, for being under pressure of the whole thing.

WVU will romp tonight, then has to beat a bad Pitt team. I think they are in.

I think OSU-WVU will be a decent game. I still say despite the Ill game that OSU has one of the best defenses I have seen in quite a while.

Hawaii is terrible. My opinion. They win at home with favorable referees (many schools refuse to play there now, due to this issue. Purdue forced them to agree to use some Big 10 officials last year). I would like to see Wash beat them next week. The WAC is the worst Conference in football with the exception of the Sun Belt. I actually hope they get shut out of the BCS because their schedule is atrocious.
                                Go Boilers!
                                thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                                NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                                NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                                NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                                NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                                NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                                NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79