No announcement yet.

I find it really funny.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see the old bowls preserved.... traditional conference tie ins....then a 2 or 4 team playoff/championship based on everything with a BCS computer format using NO POLLS. Count a 40 pt win like a 21 pt win...no benefits for blowouts.

Ohio has used computer rankings for its high school playoffs and it works....
    Go Boilers!
    thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
    NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
    NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
    NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
    NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
    NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
    NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
    NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
    NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
    NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Yes the Big East is weak. The Big East use to be a not so bad conference. Miami started all that crap then they wanted in the ACC to be with FSU. Well where did it get them no where. Bet they wish they where back in the Big East. Miami started the down fall. It was supose to be BC, Cuse and Miami leave. Then UV got in the mix and said No VT will join us or we vote no. They all left because they thought they would get more cut on TV games. It kind of backfired on them they make less now. Miami really came out the big loser. They either went to a BCS bowl or the Gator Bowl and now look at them.

Now here's what happened. Big East tried to get ND to join. ND did not want to give up TV rights. Big East said no problem. Keep your NBC contract and pay the other Big East teams when they play you what you would have given the other teams you play on your schedule. After all ND joined Big East in everything else. ND said no we got BCS deal and we dont want to give that up. But really what the hell does ND BCS deal have to do with all this. Except they just knock Big East out when they are a winning Team. So Miami was promised that ND would join Big East in Football. So when that did not happen they left.

I think they left because they suck in basketball. LMAO If your going to lose then it's better to say Duke beat the **** out of you, instead of WVU beat the **** out of you in basketball. LOL

It would just kill you guys to see a National championship avatar under my name. :laughing:
      NFL 2-0. Week 1
      Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

OK here is one they have not thought about. You got Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. You have eight team playoff. 1st game played at each site. Then you got 4 teams. Orange and Rose get those two games. Then Sugar gets playoff game. They switch it off every year. 3 bowls get two game and 1 bowl get one game every year. They sell twice as many tickets every 3 years. They make more money. Twice as much. Then all the rest of the Bowls can play thier games like normal. They draw straws or pull names out of a hat to start it off. TV contract would be unreal. You now got deal on 7 games instead of 4. Think about it guys. 1-AA does it and those guys stay health to play. 16 teams. I realize they play some of the games at home. But if the 16th seed wins out they have played in 4 away games.

Problem solve with the Queens new BCS playoff system.
        NFL 2-0. Week 1
        Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

.......Why in the HELL Did I Even Open My Mouth.....I Should have Known Better After All these Years....Hell...I Would Just as Soon That a MOD would Erase My Post then to Keep Hearing Kids Fight Over This Same Old S***....!!...This Will be My Last Time..!!!
          Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

THOR
            I personally like the conversation and don't understand why you are upset? It's all good when people have different opinions as long as it does not get personal. GL on your pics .I enjoy them:thumbs:

Comment

LOL!!What is all the debate about we know the best of the best come from the SEC...the rest...well they are just that. A playoff system would be great...oh wait we already have one its called the SEC regular season to see who goes to the SEC champ game!!LMAO!:beer2:

Comment

Everyone's so biased here its ridiculous...

Everyone can make an argument, really...

It will most liekly be OSU/WVA. West Virginia looks mighty good with all their weapons and always improving D.

I think USC looks really scary after what they did at ASU Thursday night

In reality you match up any of the top 8 teams and everyone would have a shot at beating each other.

Hawaii should be excluded from this conversation.
                its my way or the lame way.

2016 NFL:
                straight up 14-7-1 (+10.9u)
                parlays 0-1 (-1u)
                total: +9.9u

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                  LOL!!What is all the debate about we know the best of the best come from the SEC...the rest...well they are just that. A playoff system would be great...oh wait we already have one its called the SEC regular season to see who goes to the SEC champ game!!LMAO!:beer2:
                  :thumbs:
                  White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                    So what would that make USC, who went out to Arkansas (Eventual SEC West Champ) and handed them their Arse on a platter last year..Or CAL who beat Tenn, the SEC West Champ this year??

And LSU is too much of a **** muscle to accept a home and home with USC. True Story. After USC and LSU split the NC Pete Carrol said he'd love to settle it on the field. LSU said No. :laughing:

2016 NFL:
                    parlays 0-1 (-1u)

Comment

WVU isnt going to get blown out by anyone. They are going to be your next National Champions.
                      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GMoney View Post
                        So what would that make USC, who went out to Arkansas (Eventual SEC West Champ) and handed them their Arse on a platter last year..Or CAL who beat Tenn, the SEC West Champ this year??

And LSU is too much of a **** muscle to accept a home and home with USC. True Story. After USC and LSU split the NC Pete Carrol said he'd love to settle it on the field. LSU said No. :laughing:
                        don't forget USC going down to Auburn and sticking it up their ass about 4 years ago.....
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

all of those example occured and the very beginning of the year.... come on... how about tenn smoking cal last year when cal was a MUCH better team... this year, tenn had an entirely new receiving corp, their rb was out due to suspension and their qb had a broken hand... all when they played cal

cal would not want to play tenny right now, i guarantee you that

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                            all of those example occured and the very beginning of the year.... come on... how about tenn smoking cal last year when cal was a MUCH better team... this year, tenn had an entirely new receiving corp, their rb was out due to suspension and their qb had a broken hand... all when they played cal

cal would not want to play tenny right now, i guarantee you that
                            Of course they wouldn't want to play Tenn right now. Stop being defensive and think about it. You're missing the point.

The point is SEC champ does not equal best team in the country. USC will end up winning the PAC and they had to play games At Oregon, At Cal and At ASU this year. Thats a tough schedule. Not to mention every year they play Notre Dame and schedule a bigtime non conference opponent (Auburn, Arkansas, Nebraska). Not their fault if ND or Nebraska sucks in a particular year either...

SEC fans need to get rid of the "holier than thou" attitude they have. Sure week to week they have it tougher, but I'd argue not by much anymore, compared to what USC, Oregon, Washington or Cal went though this year.

2016 NFL:
                            parlays 0-1 (-1u)

Comment

my whole point which has been validated by this thread is that whoever gets there is deserving under this system. there is no team that will be left out that has anything to gripe about under the current state of college football.

I guess my question that still is unanswered is why all the media disdain for OSU and everyone else skates?? Why is Kansas deserving of being where they are after playing nobody, but OSU wasn't when they were there? I have heard nothing but ass kissing for KU.....boo hoo...the coach lived in someone's basement and ate pizzas with his family...and on and on and on. But i heard nothing but one knock after another on OSU when they got near and to the top. I just find it funny that the media doesn't like OSU. As i said earlier, toss 10 teams in a hat and you get 10 different winners, but the media needs to get off of OSU. Guys like Mark May are a joke. If OSU makes it then they make it (and i've already heard waaahhhhh it's not fair, big10 doesn't play a championship game). My answer, then don't play one yourself. Nobody is making you mr. SEC or mr. Big12...you greedily did so trying to squeeze out another buck out of the season.

Whoever gets there gets there and that is the end of it, IMO. I agree with stif, after a while, you just have to quit comparing schedules and just roll with it.
                              Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-24-2007, 07:22 PM.
                              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I'm not so sure I would go as far as to say that the media "hates" OSU and "loves" Kansas. Kansas gets more **** than any team for their schedule, and in turn, every single analyst on television has picked Missouri. Heck, Kansas didn't even get a mention on gameday until about 2/3 into the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X