Colts/Patriots line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts/Patriots line

Very curious as to what the line will be for that game if both teams remain unbeaten......I'm really hoping they make the Colts a favorite by a FG.....if the game was in New England I'm sure it would be N.E -3.....but since its in Indy I'm wondering what the line will be?? Any thoughts.......could it be a pk?

Very good question...I was wondering the same thing...I was thinking NE -1.5/2...

Comment

New England -3 is my guess. I bet it starts there, stays there, and never moves. My second guess would be New England -3.5 since EVERYONE (public) is going to bet the Patriots if you make them even money or a dog.

There's no a chance in the world they are a dog all season long. If this game were in NE, they would be -5.5 to -6 easy I'd guess.

Comment

-3.....O/U 55+:beer2:

Comment

Yea and I'd guess 57.5 O/U too

Comment

Yup, Pats will be -3 and the line will stay there all week.

I will be on the Colts, I can tell you that much.
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Colts getting a FG at home any day of the week, against any team....I really hope you guys are right...

Comment

of all games to bet against the pattys.... dont bet against the revenge factor.... skins this week, (lookover) is a better bet, IMO.... ya gotta believe, that the pattys have this game, circled on their calendar since january... :beer2:

Comment

Colts as a home dog.....not gonna happen IMHO....at least not to open.

I know Joe Q is in LOOOOOOOVE with the Brady Bunch, but Mr Pub doesn't exactly hate the Manning's either, LOL

The Colts ARE currently undefeated as well, they're playing at home (where they haven't lost since their late season collapse in 2005), they won last year's super bowl (does anyone remember, or do they all just think NE won it last year?), and their "impressive" showing last night (agianst a greenhorn QB) will be fresh in the minds of the public, just like all of NE's blowouts.

It's gonna be a pick em if you ask me. I just see no possible way Indy can open as a home dog to anyone.

Who the public sides with (and the sharps - if at all) and where the line goes from there will be interesting.

I agree. WSH +17 this week seems to be the spot to fade NE....but then again I've been saying that all year, so who the hell knows :laughing:

I feel even more strongly that this week is a great spot to fade Indy @ Carolina however.

You've got a team coming off MNF against a division rival, playing back to back road games, going against a non-conference opponent coming off the bye and getting a TD (probably more by game time)?

Not only that, Indy is in a look ahead spot with the HUGE game against NE on deck.

On top of it, there are THREE percent on Carolina at the current time.

From my point of view, this is the strongest situational play I've seen all year, and probably will be the strongest of the entire season.

I'd love to catch as many points as possible with CAR in that game....

Comment

This probably should go under the weekly discussion thread, but Stif, if the Car / Indy game falls under the 'just pick the winner' system, can you see a Carolina team with Vinny at QB, beating Manning and the Colts? I'm still undecided about this game, but it's going to be Colts or no play....atleast that's what I'm thinking right now...

Comment

colts were -3 in january... they won, because of 32 2h points (17 in the 4th) nep, has improved on o (+14ppg) so far over last season, indy has improved on defense(-7ppg) so far under last season.... nep not gonna let indy comeback in this game IMO... :beer2:

Comment

nep 7-0 ats, 3 lines over 2td's, indy 4-2 ats, highest line was 10.... a good reason to open the line, nep as a favorite...:beer2:

Comment

A home dog of +6 or more off the bye week is an automatic play....no matter what. That is historically about a 75% winner alone, without the rest of the poor situational things added in for Indy.

In addition, I believe that line will hit +7.5 by Thursday unless Panther backers suddenly start falling out of the sky (lol), or there is HUGE sharp money on CAR.

There is no way on God's green earth I would play Indy this week. They are in as bad of a situation as you could possibly ever find, going against a team in a strong situation (home and off the bye).

Vinny doesn't matter to me. CAR has never been a team to win games with the strength of their QB. What's so bad about Vinny anyway? His age? OK, he's immobile, but so is Manning, and he seems to get by. Him being a veteran and still having the arm strength to make the throws is good enough for me.

I have to ingore any X's and O's or whatever that say Indy is better, and trust my situational style, which is just screaming to play CAR.

And yes, IMO CAR could easily win that one outright.

Comment

Good God....look at the people NEP has played!!

A big fat who's who of the worst defenses (and worst teams) in the NFL!

Of course their PPG is going to be up, and they're gonna be huge faves every week.

While I will admit that they have proven to be extremely strong in covering those huge lines and scoring at will, I do not see them opening as a -3 pt fave at Indy. I just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                              A home dog of +6 or more off the bye week is an automatic play....no matter what. That is historically about a 75% winner alone, without the rest of the poor situational things added in for Indy.

dont forget

mnf su winners ~~~~ following week ats:

cin over bal----->>>> did not cover against cle
                              was over phi ------>>> did not cover against nyg
                              ten over nos....... bye
                              nep over cin.....????... cover (won by 17, depending on when you got the line) against cle
                              dal over buf ----->>>> did not cover against nep
                              nyg over atl ...... cover against sff

Comment

Working...
                              X