No announcement yet.

Colts/Patriots line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying that Washington moved the ball on Arizona in the first half is a stretch. In the first half they scored on an interception for a TD and on a 25 yard drive that began on an interception by S.Taylor.
    NCAA Hoops 09': 0 - 0 (0 Units)

Comment

There's no way even Vinny Testaverde is as much of a statue, even at 60, as Drew Bledsoe. The problem with Bledsoe is he held the ball WAYYY too long and allowed himself to be sacked continuously.

To say NE is so much better than Indy that they should be a FG (or more) fave AT Indy, just because they are hammering stiffs, is just not fair or accurate.

I absolutely have to agree with JML here (i know, imagine that :laughing:)....I would LOVE it if the public overlooks Indy at home getting a FG or more, but like I said, Indy will not be a home dog of that much, unless they manage to lose this week at CAR, and NE blows out WSH. Then maybe.

And I don't see one single area where NEP is even a better team than Indy. Why? And don't use stats and margin of victory or Brady having 27 TD's in 7 games. So what? Against Miami, who is giving up 33 PPG to average offenses? Big whoop. Washed up Daunte Culpepper and the awful Raiders put 35 on them. They gave up 41 to CLE as well. And what's the average age of Miami's defense? 42?

They you have NE putting 34 on CLE. Well Miami put 31 on em, and they suck.

Putting 34 on CIN? Big deal. Doesn't everyone hang 30 on CIN? Noodle Arm and the Jets put 31 on em this Sun!!

I could go on and on, but my point is, NE is playing bad teams, with horrid defenses.....and this type of analysis gets you nowhere anyway. I'm not saying they suck, before anyone takes my words out of context, I'm saying they are beating bad teams, and that does not make them better than INDY, nor does it mean they should be a fave at INDY.

If you wanna go that route....Indy hammered JAX on the road last night....which is more impressive IMO than anyone NEP has beaten, backup QB or not. JAX was giving up like 10 or 11 ppg and INDY went into their house and got 29 (27 on offense). Impressive? Certainly. And that was with INDY eating clock the entire 2H....or at least it looked like they were trying to, instead of running it up by scoring TD's with 5 secs left like NE has done every week this season that they've gotten the chance.

And like I said before, NE caught SD when they were playing terribly, and they caught DAL in a God awful situation, and those were the only 2 teams worth mentioning that they've even played.

CLE actually even challenged NE at home, and despite some mistakes, SHOULD have only lost by 10 (take away that late BS touchdown to make it 17 on the fumble)....if you wanna use that vague type of comparison....and my guess is that INDY at home is a little better than CLE on the road.

INDY has a better defense than NE as well IMHO (just going by what I've seen)....and if NE can't beat INDY with defense, and it comes down to a shootout, I'll take Manning +3 points or more at home every single time if I'm gonna make a wager on it.

I hope the public hammers the f'n thing to Indy +10 for all I care :beerbang:
      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Washington's patchwork offensive line scares me this week....and is the main reason I took Arizona + the points against them last week.

I love the spot they're in though this week....

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          Peyton Manning is not "immobile" at all, Stiff. He has a great pocket presence and slides his feet constantly. He slides within the pocket GREAT, and his feel for the game allows him to avoid many sacks (in combination with the system they have). To compare him to Testaverde with regard to mobility inside, or out of, the pocket is pretty ridiculous IMHO. Testeverde, like Bledsoe, are/were two statues back there.
          you could say the same for Brady, he's not a mobile QB by any means, but pocket presence and good feet.

and on side note Cuse: I bet every time he read's GM's post with all the "we" references, its like nails across a chalkboard for him! LOL (j/p GM) :beer2:

I agree with HD, Skins look good this week ATS vs. NE, but who frigging knows by week 9. for all I know, they both could lose SU.

lets not hand Pats the trophy yet. (I been saying that every week and look where its gotten me LOL, effing Pats :bang: )
          :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
          -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by jcho201 View Post
            Saying that Washington moved the ball on Arizona in the first half is a stretch. In the first half they scored on an interception for a TD and on a 25 yard drive that began on an interception by S.Taylor.
            He likes to "stretch" things. He is now claiming that Green Bay is a good football team :dunno:

and the Skins being up 14-7 on the road (when they could have been up 24-7) is some great accomplishment :dunno:

Asa always with Dookie Gm and his fave teams you simply have to go this route and "we" must :surrender:

Comment

Stiff Machine- I know you keep pointing to the fact that NE has played no good defenses so maybe their offense is a bit overrated, but the same can be said for he Indy defense, can it not?

Colts have played:
              NO (off rank 27th)
              TEN (24th)
              HOU (5th... skewed totally IMO b/c of last week, not 1 person here will argue they are a good offense)
              DEN (12th)
              TB (11th)
              JAX (22nd)

Now, the two highest ranked offenses in there are both NOT good offensive teams at all in reality. So, my contrarian point I guess would be - Who says Indy's D is any good? Why?

What makes us think that first year starters Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden can match up with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson (if Ben plays)? They also lost a starting LB, Rob Morris, for the year and have to start Rocky Boiman, a cast off from Tennessee who has less than 90 career tackles in 6 years, plus first year starter (and banged up) Freddy Keiaho with tackling machine Gary Brackett.

Thoughts???

Personally, I think everyone just looks at Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney (and Robert Mathis) and fails to see the major holes in this defense - which by the stats seems pretty untested it self, no?

When exactly did this defense go from god awful, which people claimed last year right up until the KC playoff game, to suddenly being good? Bob Sanders coming back means THAT much? I don't buy it. A good offense IMHO can exploit this defense I personally think.

(And I know you aren't making them out to be the 85 Bears..... just saying I don't see how anyone can say they are better than the Patriots defense which has Pro Bowl caliber players all over it (Warren, Wilfork, Thomas, Bruschi, Vrabel, Samuel, etc, etc).
              Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-23-2007, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                I'll bet my G I Joe on NE
                GL YO... depending on the year of release and condition, you could be bettin' thousands$$$$$$$$$$ :beer2:

Comment

"And yes, IMO CAR could easily win that one outright."

Now that's just silly.........

I think if you have to start to compare Vinny Testeverde to Peyton Manning, its either a Indy play or a no play, immediately.

easily......?:puke:

sham.........

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

He likes to "stretch" things. He is now claiming that Green Bay is a good football team :dunno:

and the Skins being up 14-7 on the road (when they could have been up 24-7) is some great accomplishment :dunno:

Asa always with Dookie Gm and his fave teams you simply have to go this route and "we" must :surrender:

lol damn Redskins fans...they think they know it all :hugegrin:

Personally I think that the offense is downright putrid right now and Gibbs hasn't managed well into the 2nd half, trying to use the game clock and run the ball with backups at RT, RG, and center, which isn't going to get it done. I really wish the offense would cut loose again like they did against the Lions although that isn't going to happen due to everyone being so damn scared in the organization of the patchwork O line. I do think the 'Skins will give the Pats one hell of a game but for anyone to say the Redskins offense has played well (other than the Lions game) hasn't been paying attention.

Comment

And playing well vs the lions is no big accomplishment. Look what Philly did to Detroit and Philly's O is horrible. I think Wash defensive stats are a bit skewed. The only team with a decent offense that they've played is NYG.

Comment

Cuse, when I said something the other day about the Skins I got came down on with "YOU WATCH THE GAMES ON YAHOO AND THINK YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, BUT YOU DON'T!!!@$$!!@$$$"

So I just let them live in their own little world.

Comment

Peyton will keep brady off the field with ball control as much as he can and i think the books know he can eat the clock up and still score so i expect it to be a FG or less in this contest... if this line opens up 2.5 or less ill bet with the books and take the colts money line... if its -3 or higher i am gonna watch the line movement and bets come in through out the week...

No matter how good the parriots look now, they still have to beat the defending champs in their home field... if the pats do that and win by double digits, ill will most likely be placing my wadgers on them to finish 16-0 and bet them rest of the way....

as for redskins... their offense vs pats def... ah gimmie a break better hope u can run the ball if not its gonna be a long day... brady might not be able to score every time he gets the ball on washington, but if washington cant muster up firstdowns brady will eventually score his 40...

imo this game is a stay away game or play the pats.... good luck with your play if u go through with it:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
                            , ill will most likely be placing my wadgers on them to finish 16-0 and bet them rest of the way....

dont forget the stillers.... they might just have the right combination to take the pats... amongst the top in the nfl, in : rushing, pass defense, & time of possession....... :beer2:

Comment

Cuse, if you dont think the Redskins offense played well in the first half of the GB game you didnt watch the game. Simple as that.

If you are comparing everyone to what NE does now, well no one is going to play well in a half because not every team puts up 35 points in a half.
                              NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                              NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                              NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                              NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                                I think Wash defensive stats are a bit skewed. The only team with a decent offense that they've played is NYG.
                                ?? Detroit, GB, and Arizona are all in the top half of the NFL in overall offense, and all in the top 10 in passing offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X