No announcement yet.

WOW ... So Long Brett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Farve??? He is one of the Best all time Quarter Backs of my time!!!

**** the GREEN BAY PACKERS and their organization!!!!!!!

You guys are the product of the Media........... **** ESPN!!!! They are no different than any other news origination! They take something and spin it and spin it to how they want you to see it!

Did you happen to see the interview Farve did today??? GB is hanging them him out to dry!!! They have been waiting for him to retire for the last 4 years! He still better than over 70% of the QB in the NFL playing today!

BB
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
      **** Farve??? He is one of the Best all time Quarter Backs of my time!!!
      :thumbs:

I don't see how you could hate Favre- too many great memories overshadow the interceptions he threw. The guy wants to come back, what's wrong with that? Obviously he doesn't want to be a backup, and I don't blame him....
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

he has been pretty avg over the last 5 yrs. he was great in the mid to late 90's but he really hasnt shown much lately. Granted his stats were alrite last yr but prior to that he wasnt doing crap. I guess he hates to go out on a ****ty INT like that.

Comment

I'm not saying Farve wasn't a great QB..he was...I'm not saying he's going to the Hall of Fame...he is...but what I don't get is how he is put on this pedestal with some of the greatest of all time...how is revered more than some of the greats in his own sport.....there are only a few atheletes who are in this rarified air with the media and the public, that Farve was in (before this retirement mess)...Jordan, Tiger, Ali, maybe a couple more...but you can't tell me Farve from an NFL perpective wasn't put up on an 'untouchable' pedestal...even higher than some of the greats in his own sport...what's with the love affair with Farve?? I just don't get it...yes he has some great records, but a lot of it is due to longevity...why is he more revered than Montana? Brady? maybe Elway? Marino? as a QB, Farve isn't even close to Montana, Elway and Brady....but the respect he's gotten from the Media and Fans is fckn ridiculous...like he's the greatest QB ever....what the fck ever...he's had a couple of great years...the Packers had NEVER lost a playoff game at home, until the likes of Mike Vick, Dante Culpepper and Eli Manning beat farve AT HOME, on the frozen tundra in the playoffs....and yes, i've been a big fan of Vick, but damn..if you're a great QB, and you're not supposed to lose at home to the likes of Vick, Culpepper and Eli...its not supposed to happen...the last 5 years of so, Farve has been average at best...he's lost 3 out of his last 4 HOME playoff games...that's great?? like i said, he had a couple of great years, and i just don't get the media's love affair with him.....some of you think Farve is getting killed in the media?? if this was ANYONE but Farve pulling this ****, they would've gotten 10 times more negativity in the media than Farve is getting...there is no way in hell GB should just release him and let him sign where he wants to....doesn't work that way..he's under cotract with them and they own his rights...so does this mean anyone under contract can just ask for their release and go play where they choose?? that isn't they way it works...

ok...sorry for the long rant....lol..not sure what the hell got into me..:beer2:

Comment

well complaining and demanding to be let go seemed to work for kobe and eli manning lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              :thumbs:

I don't see how you could hate Favre- too many great memories overshadow the interceptions he threw. The guy wants to come back, what's wrong with that? Obviously he doesn't want to be a backup, and I don't blame him....
              :thumbs: Favre would throw passes that most would not attempt, resulting in more int's, plus the fact that he didn't have that many quality receivers over his career. I'd even take Favre over 90% of the qb's today! :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                why is he more revered than Montana? Brady? maybe Elway? Marino?
                He's better than Montana IMO- Joe played on one of the most stacked teams in the history of football. Best wr, great O-line, great rb/fb. Marino was a pussy who would cry every time he got hit. I have nothing bad to say about Elway, he was my favorite player outside of any Bills growing up. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Brady lost to Eli manning with another stacked team last season. It wasn't like the Giants beat the tar out of the Packers in Lambeau last season- that was a great game & down to the wire. Put Favre on the 49ers, Patriots or SB winning Broncos team, & he does the same thing.

Regarding Favre in playoff games, do you really think he was the cause of those losses? Their whole offense was hurt vs Atlanta, & I think they have always had a pretty bad secondary. They couldn't even slow down the Vikings & were down 17-0 in the first quarter! The road playoff loss vs Philly they allowed McNabb to convert a 4th & 26. Terrible defense lost those games, & most of his ints came late in games when he was just gunning the ball downfield. I think Favre gets the attention he does because he's a ****in warrior. He plays the game with his heart on his sleeve & that's what's so great about watching him play.

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                  why is he more revered than Marino? as a QB, Farve isn't even close to Montana, Elway and Brady....but the respect he's gotten from the Media and Fans is fckn ridiculous...
                  DAN MARINO
                  Years: 17 (242 Games)

BRETT FAVRE
                  Years: 17 (257 Games)

DAN MARINO
                  Total Passing Yards: 61361

BRETT FAVRE
                  Total Passing Yards: 61655

DAN MARINO
                  Completion %: 59.4

BRET FAVRE
                  Completion %: 61.4

DAN MARINO
                  Total Passing TD's: 420

BRETT FAVRE
                  Total Passing TD's: 442

DAN MARINO
                  TD%: 5.0

BRETT FAVRE
                  TD%: 5.0

DAN MARINO
                  Total INT's: 252

BRET FAVRE
                  Total INT's: 288

DAN MARINO
                  INT'S PER GAME: 1.04

BRETT FAVRE
                  INT'S PER GAME: 1.12

Just some stats I pulled up.

Longevity? Marino and Favre have played the same amount of years in the nfl, and as you know FAVRE holds more records. With all those records he now holds, the INT's are only off by .08 per game, compared to the GREAT MARINO. How many qb's have less than 1.12 per game over 17 years? Not too bad in my opinion!

Favre is 1 of the greatest quarterbacks of all time!
                  nuff said! :beer2:

Comment

1 more stat:

DAN MARINO
                    SUPERBOWL RINGS: 0

BRETT FAVRE
                    SUPERBOWL RINGS:

Comment

Homedawg,

i have to disagree when you say favre didnt have many good receivers over his career... in the mid-late 90's he has antonio freeman and robert brooks. Both pretty good in their era. add in mark chmura and i say that is pretty good group. Recently hes had donald driver who has been a 1000+ yd wr for awhile now, and greg jennings was avg over a td a game for a good portion of last season. So i can't agree with those points you made, but the other about marino and all that i agree with.

Comment

Homedawg...if you're going to quote me, don't use just a part of my quote...here is what i wrote...

why is he more revered than Montana? Brady? maybe Elway? Marino? as a QB, Farve isn't even close to Montana, Elway and Brady....

as you can see...the part that I wrote "as a QB, Farve isn't even close to...." I've only mentioned Montana, Elway and Brady.... now go ahead and pull up stats for those 3 and then compare those to Farve...and don't forget to leave off that last stat that you listed, superbowl rings..

trust me, i'm wasn't a fan of marino...infact, i was much more of a fan of Farve than i ever was of Marino...I saw them both play in there prime, and except for couple of great years Farve had, I'd take Marino over Farve for their entire careers...

I'm sorry, but Farve isn't in the top 10 qbs of all time...but if you hear the media talk about it, he's the one of the best ever...hell he's not even the greatest of his time.. I'll list some qb's who I think are/were better than Farve....just my opinion....now these are just in the time where i've watched the nfl a lot...i'll say the last 25 years or so..

not in any particular order..give me any one of these guys rather than Farve..

Montana
                        Elway
                        Brady
                        P. Manning
                        Marino
                        Young
                        Aikmen

i'd put farve on the same level as the likes of Kelly and Moon..

now you add in guys before this time who are considered all time greats, like Unitas, Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, etc...all before my time, and there is no way in hell Farve is one of the best ever...he doesn't make the top 10 of all time...

just my 2 cents..

Comment

Ahh, dont get your panties all in a bunch!
                          I did a comparison with Marino, due to the fact he was the closest on your list, to years and games played.
                          IMO, Your list is WEAK!
                          What does it take to get on the: "Bookiekilla All Time Greatest Quarterbacks List"?

:conf:

Comment

Troy Aikman- another qb that benefitted from one of the best O-lines & a great all around offense

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                              Homedawg,

i have to disagree when you say favre didnt have many good receivers over his career... in the mid-late 90's he has antonio freeman and robert brooks. Both pretty good in their era. add in mark chmura and i say that is pretty good group. Recently hes had donald driver who has been a 1000+ yd wr for awhile now, and greg jennings was avg over a td a game for a good portion of last season. So i can't agree with those points you made, but the other about marino and all that i agree with.
                              Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                              he didn't have that many quality receivers over his career.

You named 5 receivers over FAVRE'S 17 year career. Except Driver, all the others has had maybe 2 or 3 good years.

When you add up the total career receiving yardage, of all 5 combined, on your list, it dont match Jerry Rice's career total receiving yardage! :beer2:

Comment

So does anyoone think he applies for reinstatement, sucks it up & plays 2nd fiddle? Imagine if they started off 1-4 & Rodgers isn't playing well. Or Aaron goes down injured & Favre is back in the driver seat. :drive:

Comment

Working...
                                X