WOW ... So Long Brett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** that! :puke:

Them A-HOLES from greenbay need to release him and move on!

:beer2:

Comment

I think they should too, but do you really think they do it? I can't see them giving the Vikings a chance to pick him up. Regardless of how overrated people think Favre is, he is certainly an upgrade from Tavaris Jackson!
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

:thumbs: He could move into starting QB on a number of teams! He wants outta there, and He is not going to spend his 18th season on the bench! :beer2:

Comment

the fact that he came out and made a public statement to retire is essentially obviously the cause of all of this.

If its true, the Packers should have never pressured him (I could understand why given what has happened the last two years)

and if its true, Favre should have never changed his mind, flip flopped or rejected them a 2nd time if its true they approached him again.

Either way everything should have been done behind the scenes.

The best place for Favre is in GB. I sympathize with Rodgers but with Favre and mostly all of last year's team returning, you are ready to go NOW. No grace period, nothing, just hit the ground running.

anywhere else and he'll need a tremendous amount of luck to produce a Super Bowl Contender, otherwise its 1-2 years before he and that new team gel properly.

Montana's situation is kinda similar to Favre, well not so much but just for fun we'll recap.

He was hurt, Steve Young was a rising star (after years of being Montana's backup) and he was traded to KC.

He was damn good in KC, many forget this, leading them to the AFC championship and another playoff appearance in his last year. He retired maybe not at the top, but damn near it.

Did he force a trade? Did the 49ers just want to get rid of him? Maybe who knows, I was too young to remember the media, I just watched the game lol.

Overall though, Aaron Rodgers should NOT be mistaken for Steve Young. He should get his chance to shut me up, but I don't see the "it" with him. One decent mistake-less game vs. Dallas does not a great QB make.

Favre may have "There's Something About Mary"

but Montana will forever have that line from SNL, "I'm gonna go up to my room to masturbate."
          :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
          -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Comment

oh of course, you're always right underdawg.

Comment

Nobody is actually right in a debate!

Comment

*Lurking from beyond the dead* :hide:
                  Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                    **** that! :puke:

Them A-HOLES from greenbay need to release him and move on!

its just beyond me that some people actually think that Green Bay should just release Farve...WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT??????????????? He's still UNDER CONTRACT with them...they own his rights...period...end of story...they don't have to and shouldn't release him, just because he's Brett Farve...this is crazy...if this was anyone but Farve, 99% of you would say how selfish this spoiled player is acting, etc...but, nooooooo...this is the holier than thou Bret Fckn Farve and he should get release just because he wants to be released.....you think he's the first player that wants to get released from a team he's under contract with?:ohman:

Comment

Amen bookie.

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                        its just beyond me that some people actually think that Green Bay should just release Farve...WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT??????????????? He's still UNDER CONTRACT with them...they own his rights...period...end of story...they don't have to and shouldn't release him, just because he's Brett Farve...this is crazy...if this was anyone but Farve, 99% of you would say how selfish this spoiled player is acting, etc...but, nooooooo...this is the holier than thou Bret Fckn Farve and he should get release just because he wants to be released.....you think he's the first player that wants to get released from a team he's under contract with?:ohman:

So GB, should go ahead and pay Favre $12mil to sit on the bench? Are they going to sell more tickets, just because Favre is on that team? Who is going to buy a ticket, just because Favre is on that team, and wont be able to see him play?
                        GB didn't have a problem with Favre retiring, because they planned on moving onto anther starting qb, but now they have a problem with him playing on another team.
                        If he is such a big threat on another team, then why not start him?
                        All this bs, the management is causing, will have an affect on the whole team!
                        If it were your team, would you keep him? I WOULDN'T! :beer2:

Comment

Sell more tickets? I thought Lambeau has been sold out for like 30 years. This has nothing to do with selling tickets. lmao.

Anyway...I think Packers should trade him to a non-divisional team...why not get assets and shed salary?
                          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

that's the only way I can see favre leaving GB is in a trade. He has some value to teams, but you certainly can't trade him within the division. Then comes the question, what is he worth at the young age of 38 and soon to be 39? 4th round pick? 3rd? Then again, what team will be able to take on his salary?

Comment

This thread turned into, The Armchair GM Thread. :beer2:

Comment

They don't have to do a damn thing until he files the proper papers to get the ball in motion. If, and when, he does - then I'd trade him. I think the most logical place is Washington, personally. Snider loves overpriced, over the hill veterans with some cache and who better than Favre to add to the Skins??? He also gives away draft picks like candy so take this year's upcoming 3rd (since they traded the 2nd for Taylor) and next year's 2nd and it's a done deal. He can then rot in mediocrity with Jason Taylor and the rest of the the crappy overpaid Redskins.

:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X